March 28, 2024, 06:41:28 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)  (Read 41076 times)

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2016, 11:38:49 PM »
I wonder why he didn't call back Shaka, Latapy and Yorke?

..I feel even Stern John and Aurtis Whitley would have been excellent choices..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 23, 2016, 07:25:57 AM »
Cause no one considers them capable of making the team anymore ? And he wasn't told too ?    :devil:

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 23, 2016, 11:19:55 AM »

Cornell Glen was ditched far too early,Hart should have had him in some of his teams because KJ was useless in most matches,and seems like we had no one to choose from.I hope Sanfiet shock some people by getting his local boys to do a good job.For too long our so called stars from abroad have failed to live up to their "big boy"attitude",build a bloody team from our home boys,at the same time bring the outside players who wants to rep.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 23, 2016, 11:22:37 AM »
Honestly doh, we could beat Nicaragua with this team, they not all that special at present..even St Kitts and Antigua ranked higher and they haven't had a ton of practice games to improve on this or themselves.  Thing is, if we do beat them the supporting public will think the right decisions was made (till fire bun we in March), if we don't beat them, "the man new, just learning the team". I still hoping we win, cause competition for places is always good.

Allyuh sleep on Nicaragua.

Nicaragua beat Jamaica 3-2 in Jamaica in the 3rd round of WCQ

They lost the return leg at home 2-0 to lose overall on aggregate.  This was a Jamaica with their foreign contingent as well

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 23, 2016, 11:24:44 AM »
What is Santeef's philosophy and style of play?????

Patience bruh.  We'll see soon enough.

Maybe the Federation will be proven right and T&T go on to qualify for WC 2018 in Russia under coach Saintfeit.

Maybe we do have the quality of players here playing in the Pro League, that can compete and win against the best in CONCACAF.

As much as I would like to think so, I disagree with that idea.  But I'm happy to be wrong if it means the team is successful and qualifies.

Time will reveal all.  We don't have much longer to wait.
maybe nothing. There's nothing more to see. for years on end the pro leaguers have been unsuccessful against the best in concacaf and has been made to look very ordinary and paled in comparison to concacaf giants like chivas- toluca- america- saprissa- houston-seattle.

W connection- defense force - jablotee-- calidonia- and new comers central FC, were all dominated in the CCL, what more is there to see?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 11:29:10 AM by pull stones »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2016, 11:27:31 AM »

Cornell Glen was ditched far too early,Hart should have had him in some of his teams because KJ was useless in most matches,and seems like we had no one to choose from.I hope Sanfiet shock some people by getting his local boys to do a good job.For too long our so called stars from abroad have failed to live up to their "big boy"attitude",build a bloody team from our home boys,at the same time bring the outside players who wants to rep.

You've gotten your wish.  We'll see soon enough how the "home boys" measure up in international play.

Now....Nicaragua is a competitive team and not the pushover that some on here seem to think they are.

That said.....they couldn't get past the 3rd round of WCQ.  So the "home boys" performance in this match will go some way to determining their readiness for the higher level of competition that is the Hex.

Maybe the Pro League is more than many, including myself, think it is.

BTW....there's also a little saying that might be appropriate in these circumstances.....

Be careful what you ask for.......

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2016, 11:28:03 AM »
Honestly doh, we could beat Nicaragua with this team, they not all that special at present..even St Kitts and Antigua ranked higher and they haven't had a ton of practice games to improve on this or themselves.  Thing is, if we do beat them the supporting public will think the right decisions was made (till fire bun we in March), if we don't beat them, "the man new, just learning the team". I still hoping we win, cause competition for places is always good.

They lost the return leg at home 2-0 to lose overall on aggregate.  This was a Jamaica with their foreign contingent as well
the office is no longer the fortress that it was. Jamaica lost to Panama and Costa Rica at the office in the run up to the hex, remember?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2016, 11:29:25 AM »
What is Santeef's philosophy and style of play?????

Patience bruh.  We'll see soon enough.

Maybe the Federation will be proven right and T&T go on to qualify for WC 2018 in Russia under coach Saintfeit.

Maybe we do have the quality of players here playing in the Pro League, that can compete and win against the best in CONCACAF.

As much as I would like to think so, I disagree with that idea.  But I'm happy to be wrong if it means the team is successful and qualifies.

Time will reveal all.  We don't have much longer to wait.
maybe nothing. There's nothing more to see. for years on end the pro leaguers have been unsuccessful against the best in concacaf and has been made to look very ordinary and paled in comparison to the concacaf giants like chivas- toluca- america- saprissa- houston-seattle.

W connection- defense force - jablotee-- calidonia- and new comers central FC, were all dominated in the CCL, what more is there to see?

Obviously those in power at the TTFA beg to differ.  Perhaps they know better.  After all....they're in charge of football in the country.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2016, 11:31:13 AM »

the office is no longer the fortress that it was. Jamaica lost to Panama and Costa Rica at the office in the run up to the hex, remember?

While I agree the office is not the fortress it once was....that doesn't diminish Nicaragua's result IMO.

But.....feel free to write them off.  I wish the "home boys" well.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2016, 12:06:58 PM »
Negate Nicaragua at our own peril.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2016, 12:13:46 PM »
it will be a 6-2 aggregate n favor of Nicaragua 

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2016, 12:49:39 PM »

While I agree the office is not the fortress it once was....that doesn't diminish Nicaragua's result IMO.

But.....feel free to write them off.  I wish the "home boys" well.
could we beat nicaragua with this second string pro league dominated squad? Well that's left to be seen but I won't be holding out hope, however the bigger question would be, could they beat Haiti and surename come january and possibly a number 6 central american team for th final gold cup spit? now that there is the question.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2016, 12:55:52 PM »
Well hear the joke....

The pro league fixtures that cause all the bacchanal with Central FC get postponed now.

Guess who benefiting... Ha ha haiiii

Jan and them still high and dry though.

http://wired868.com/2016/12/23/who-is-calling-the-shots-central-question-foolhardy-omission-of-jan-and-nathaniel/
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 23, 2016, 02:57:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/slf8Zewcj_c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/slf8Zewcj_c</a>

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2016, 08:22:46 PM »

CR and Panama rank #1 and #4 in the conference

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2016, 10:56:19 PM »

CR and Panama rank #1 and #4 in the conference

Rankings you talking about? The only reason that is the case is because they sabotage Hart for the last year..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2016, 11:17:55 PM »
I wouldn't underestimate Nic but beating them don't mean shit...

Beating Suriname and the other team we playing for the gold cup means something and beating Mexico and panama means something ....

You can throw this rubbish matches with a depleted local team together and win but that won't fool people who have a higher level of intelligence..

SANTHIEF record is abysmal .... remember that

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 24, 2016, 12:08:29 AM »
Contro- Remember Santeef does have a proven tack record - albeit one of failure

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 24, 2016, 09:36:04 PM »
Senior Men’s team completes training camp… off to Nicaragua
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team completed their residential training camp with an early morning  session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium on Saturday and will depart Port of Spain for Managua, Nicaragua at 5:30pm on Sunday for its two upcoming International Friendlies against the Nicaragua Senior Team on December 27th and 30th.

Saintfiet was in good spirits as he spoke about the preparations so far ahead of what will be his first international assignment since taking up the position of head coach earlier this month.

I am very satisfied. It’s a big opportunity for me as a new coach, not having much time to see a lot of league matches, to train the boys and you can teach them your tactics and I have seen a lot of improvement. We started about six days ago and the boys are very committed and working very hard to improve,” Saintfiet told TTFA Media.

“We need to get the spirit back. It will be a very difficult task in Nicaragua because they are also a good team and they are preparing for the Copa Centroamericana,” he added.

Commenting on the training schedule during the holiday period and being away from home from Christmas day until New Year’s Eve, Saintfiet stated “I think the players coped very well with that, They are very professional minded. They know this is important for the country. We are not here for ourselves, We are in the first place to defend Trinidad and Tobago, to qualify for the Gold Cup and in the later stage for the World Cup.

“We are here on a mission and even if you have duty, there are people working all over the world who will not be with their families. We are professional football players. We know this is very important for the country.

“After the training today, the players are released. They go to their families and can enjoy the time with their families for more than 24 hours and tomorrow (Sunday) in the late afternoon we will fly to Nicaragua, I think everyone will still have a little bit of Christmas feeling but the focus on football will not be far away,” Saintfied said.

“If you want to be professional, you have to cope with that. In Europe, in England, in Belgium, they play on Christmas day, they play in January 2nd and sometimes on January 1st, so I think it’s a choice we make as coaches and players. If you want to be in this business at the highest level sometimes you have to sacrifice some things,” Saintfiet added.

Saintfiet also made it clear that the final selection of players for the Nicaragua matches was his decision.

“I don’t like to be in the media every day. I think it’s not needed to always have discussions on what people think about the national team…we know what we are doing,” he said.

“It is very clear that when I arrived here I had only a short period of time so I consulted with people with my knowledge of how I want to play. They were informed what type of players I was looking for and I watched a lot of games. The final selection that will go to Nicaragua is one hundred percent my choice.

“I decided which players I wanted to select and I was very clear when I met the players that from Tuesday we go into camp and players who decide to go and play for their club, they will not be selected for the national team (for the training camp and matches vs Nicaragua). So in that way, it was not my choice who was not in the camp because they decided not to be in camp but the full selection is naturally very clear – my choice in consultation with my technical team but the final decision is the head coach’s”.

The squad got time off on Saturday evening and will re-assemble on Sunday evening for the flight to Nicaragua via Panama City.

TTFA Vice President Ewing Davis will travel with the contingent as Chef de Mission and Technical Director Muhammad Isa will also accompany the team for the two matches.

T&T 21-man squad for Nicaragua

Adrian Foncette (Police FC)
Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars)
Carlyle Mitchell (Seoul E-Land)
Radanfah Abu Bakr (Sillamae Kallen)
Daneil Cyrus (W Connection)
Aubrey David (Deportivo Saprissa)
Maurice Forde (W Connection)
Alvin Jones (W Connection)
Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force)
Akeem Roach (Club Sando)
Kevan George (Jacksonville Armada)
Aikim Andrews (W Connection)
Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC)
Nathan Lewis (Jabloteh FC)
Tyrone Charles (Jabloteh FC)
Carlos Edwards (Ma Paul Stars)
Trevin Caesar (Orange County Blues)
Hughtun Hector (W Connection)
Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC)
Hashim Arcia (Defence Force)
Cornell Glen (Ozone FC Bengalaru)

Not Travelling – Marvin Phillip (Injured), Triston Hodge (Disciplinary)

Team Staff
Tom Saintfiet (Head Coach)
Jamaal Shabazz (Assistant Coach)
Lukas Wojciak (Goalkeeper Coach)
Riedoh Berdien (Trainer)
Terence Babwah (Doctor)
Dave Isaac (Physio)
Michael Wiliams (Equipment Manager)
Shaun Fuentes (Press Officer)
Azaad Mohammed-Khan (Interim Manager)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LB4zH-h-VOw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LB4zH-h-VOw</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9E1M_2E0NQA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9E1M_2E0NQA</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 24, 2016, 10:48:29 PM »
Latas meeting the team in Managua?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 24, 2016, 11:19:43 PM »
According to a reliable source in Nicaragua, our delegation will comprise thirty three (33) persons.

;)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2016, 11:40:10 PM »
According to a reliable source in Nicaragua, our delegation will comprise thirty three (33) persons.

;)

Who was dat reliable source? Miss Cleo?
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 25, 2016, 04:39:02 AM »

;)

Who was dat reliable source? Miss Cleo?

Señorita Cleo. :P.

She even tell me de scores. ;D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 04:52:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 25, 2016, 08:18:27 AM »
For a long time I wanted to see our players from the Pro League play together,it's the only way we will know how good they are,it's the way to build a team,we may or may not beat Nic,we do know they have played some good teams and had some good results.The real point is,how will those local boys perform,winning will be nice but it's not that important,but how the new boys come out of it,some good and solid performances by them will be most important for the future,especially the Hex,remember Cummins,there could be another one just waiting.
Happy Christmas to all my Trini people and not forgetting Tobago,lets hope 2017 will be a better and brighter place for all my people.[/

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 25, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
Where did Triston Hodge go?
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #116 on: December 25, 2016, 02:27:55 PM »

Dropped for disciplinary reasons.. at least so I red.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 25, 2016, 07:14:44 PM »

Dropped for disciplinary reasons.. at least so I red.

No ah meant -- facetiously -- where he went...as in which boat-ride or bar or party etc ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 25, 2016, 07:39:16 PM »

No ah meant -- facetiously -- where he went...as in which boat-ride or bar or party etc ;)

Oh gorm, Fyzo.   :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

:applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 26, 2016, 08:50:23 PM »
Anyone know the final score

1]; } ?>