March 28, 2024, 03:54:44 PM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)  (Read 41090 times)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2016, 08:26:31 PM »
Saint defeit!!!!!  :banginghead: :frustrated: :pissedoff:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »
yes leh we have to hear what santateef have to say...could jes imagie...the boys played well wasn't the result we wanted but they did what I asked...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:48 PM »
I will reserve judgement until the next game because they improved in some areas in the 2nd half.
Don't see why this group of players can't beat Nicaragua if the coach gets his selection and tactics sorted  ;D

Why o why did SH insist on Cyrus in right back and how Carlos was so far off the radar  ???
That probably the biggest flaw for the WCQ.

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2016, 08:34:28 PM »
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2016, 08:38:10 PM »
A new coach,a team missing most of it's starting lineup,a short time to get everything together,and we lose 2-1 to a team that we couldn't beat with a full team,don't tell me allyuh not satisfied ah lil bit,I am.We could play better and we are going to improve in the second match,the boys will settle down and will be less nervous.I was pleased we didn't allow a goal in the dying moments as we usually do,there must be some pluses,that is what we are looking for.Ah cyah wait fuh de second meeting.

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2016, 08:38:33 PM »
Emotions running high, not with the result but with the performance...

Sainfeit 0-0-1

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2016, 08:44:06 PM »
Improved second half, defensive lapses continue to haunt us
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2016, 08:51:00 PM »
Our Starting XI was: Adrian Foncette, Maurice Ford, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Alvin Jones, Aubrey David, Carlos Edwards, Akeem Roach, Hughton Hector, Hachim Arcia, Nathan Lewis, Jomal Williams.

Entered:

Curtis Gonzales
Trevin Caesar
Cornel Glen
Tyrone Charles
Daneil Cyrus

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2016, 11:43:39 PM »
I see Nica strokin the ball around and we never near enough to really challenge. De ass I seein here

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #249 on: December 28, 2016, 12:34:59 AM »
Cyrus controlled by djw, he paying his bills, doh get tie up...

SANTHIEF already warn allyuh he don't care if we lose, as long as they execute his brand... he say he rather lose here than lose in the Wcq

Ah waiting to see what unravels and where the big money landing, check the betting odds on the match..

I warned everyone ah long time ago..

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 28, 2016, 05:02:57 AM »
Sorry but that first goal is NO fault of Saintfeit at all. That is due totally to the fault of poor tactical and technical skills on the part of the individual players. The man was left unmarked and he capitalised. Generally throughout the game T&T players never pressed and instead ball watched. All this shows is that the TT Pro-League players are of poor quality and aren't ready for this level.
I had high hopes for him but Jomal is turning out to be  a next Guerra - much ado about nothing. Either he's happy with the level he's at in the Mexican 2nd division or he has reached his peak personally. Alvin Jones again is not ready to push on, comfortable in his surroundings.
Daniel Cyrus, no matter what position he plays has seriously regressed and can't go any further without some divine intervention.
Aikim Andrews missed his flight because his passport expired and he didn't know. WTF??!! He not serious about life at all.
Still an all-round poor showing by the team where players had a chance to stake a claim. Again it shows that Hart was right to stick with the core he had established which also had a negative effect in players becoming comfortable and complacent leading to indiscipline etc.
Them fellas ent playing like is last chance saloon at all.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 28, 2016, 05:36:54 AM »
Sorry but that first goal is NO fault of Saintfeit at all. That is due totally to the fault of poor tactical and technical skills on the part of the individual players. The man was left unmarked and he capitalised. Generally throughout the game T&T players never pressed and instead ball watched. All this shows is that the TT Pro-League players are of poor quality and aren't ready for this level.
I had high hopes for him but Jomal is turning out to be  a next Guerra - much ado about nothing. Either he's happy with the level he's at in the Mexican 2nd division or he has reached his peak personally. Alvin Jones again is not ready to push on, comfortable in his surroundings.
Daniel Cyrus, no matter what position he plays has seriously regressed and can't go any further without some divine intervention.
Aikim Andrews missed his flight because his passport expired and he didn't know. WTF??!! He not serious about life at all.
Still an all-round poor showing by the team where players had a chance to stake a claim. Again it shows that Hart was right to stick with the core he had established which also had a negative effect in players becoming comfortable and complacent leading to indiscipline etc.

A big chunk of that squad under SH uses to grouse about playing time and they are just trainers who get called up but never get on the field etc. etc.

Reality bites!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 28, 2016, 06:51:28 AM »
Thomo, I agree with you about Jomal. About a month ago I put meh head on the block, almost bragging that he was showing glimpses of Latapy. But last night was so disappointing. I could not believe that his and team performances were terrible.  Credit that they pulled one back. Shows that there is the fighting spirit. But  ........

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 28, 2016, 07:58:34 AM »
I was checking the highlights and the number 7 looked good. Who's him? Tristan Hodge?

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 28, 2016, 08:00:36 AM »
Re Sorry but that first goal is NO fault of Saintfeit at all.

well it's courtesy of "his" choices which sees these incapable players on the field.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 28, 2016, 08:01:22 AM »
Alyuh grasping at straws yes. The game I saw was terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 28, 2016, 08:08:06 AM »

A big chunk of that squad under SH uses to grouse about playing time and they are just trainers who get called up but never get on the field etc. etc.

Reality bites!

Ent boy??!! Not only them used to grouse eh but forumites, local coaches and administrators did too. I personally don't think they respect their craft as they should. This wasn't even any great opposition that rolled them over but these teams take pride in themselves and will put their lives on the line for their country. That was something that was happening up to last year and we seriously regressed thinking all opposition is a walk over as if them ent coming out to play and win too.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 28, 2016, 08:10:41 AM »
Thomo, I agree with you about Jomal. About a month ago I put meh head on the block, almost bragging that he was showing glimpses of Latapy. But last night was so disappointing. I could not believe that his and team performances were terrible.  Credit that they pulled one back. Shows that there is the fighting spirit. But  ........

Me too inno. Sam first bragged about the youth and I saw some of his club games which impressed me but like he plateau. Talent day but lke the fortitude to take the game by the scruff of the neck is lacking! I hope he moves on.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 28, 2016, 08:31:29 AM »

Me too inno. Sam first bragged about the youth and I saw some of his club games which impressed me but like he plateau. Talent day but lke the fortitude to take the game by the scruff of the neck is lacking! I hope he moves on.

I see it more a lack of composure, a quality player always looks like he has time to play, that extra split second. Our players seem to fumble and stumble and always look rushed in their play which impacts the decision of the play whether it be a pass or a cross or a shot. Jomal is a culprit as well. For me is more of a mental thing and managing him. As others have seen he has raw talent, i don't think its a plateau rather than he is just stunted at the moment.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 28, 2016, 09:02:03 AM »
Is this our first ever loss to Nicaragua?   Way to go Saintshyte but hey let's give him ah chance.  Poor Frico and Co. who trying hard to like and muster support for this rubbish

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 28, 2016, 09:18:14 AM »

This is bigger than the player. Team travel is an enterprise. It is the duty of administrators and managers to ensure that t's are crossed and i's dotted. You do an inventory and if you realise that the player is not travel-ready, source a replacement, unless you are in a position to arrange expedited issuance of a travel document.

As I recall, this is NOT the first passport fiasco. The TTFA, across administrations, has been on notice that this is a recurring issue. It's not difficult to fix.

Lehwe call it what it is: absurd. Inexcusable. Not acceptable. Not professional. Irresponsible. Nonsense.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 09:23:52 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 28, 2016, 09:23:43 AM »
Alyuh grasping at straws yes. The game I saw was terrible.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Yup I totally agree, that game was rubbish, we still playing savannah football, no effort, no display of tactical awareness. I am sorry but the speed of the International game is far beyond what we are doing, and we will be destroyed come March. 4-3-2-1 is not for us because we do not have the quality players needed to take on defenders one on one.  I am hoping that once we can field our core players, cato, jones, molino, hyland, bateau that we could have a decent showing!

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 28, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »
We could not even hold on to the ball for 5 or more passes

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 28, 2016, 10:21:00 AM »
We will judge Saintfiet when he gets all the usual players,Molino,J.Jones,Hyland,Bateau and the rest,I am hoping to hear or see some improvement in the second match,I also think there's a place for Tristan Hodge,nice hard working player,should be a regular.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 28, 2016, 11:27:03 AM »
We will judge Saintfiet when he gets all the usual players,Molino,J.Jones,Hyland,Bateau and the rest,I am hoping to hear or see some improvement in the second match,I also think there's a place for Tristan Hodge,nice hard working player,should be a regular.

I thought you in favour of a "local based" core of Pro League players for the national team?

You just name 5 "and the rest".  What's your "core"?  2?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:46 PM »

I thought you in favour of a "local based" core of Pro League players for the national team?

You just name 5 "and the rest".  What's your "core"?  2?
:rotfl:

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 28, 2016, 12:17:45 PM »
Carlos look good

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 28, 2016, 01:38:10 PM »
Yep he sure did. I am really happy to see this squad shape and the player selection. I like the tactical change - much needed, not everyone is Mexico there is alot of grind soccer these days from the likes of Panama, Honduras, Costa rica and for sure USA. This game was super duper importante - it shows there is a tremendous amount of work still to be done in order to fine tune this team to possibly get results in our upcoming home games. Forget about WCQ - the Gold Cup is far more important and realistic. If you are judging our new coach - it has to be via qualifying for Gold Cup. Teams like Haiti and Suriname with all due respect should never have an edge over us b.c our pro league is far more superior to theirs, they have won vs us in the past with some clever tactics and good call ups - like Millein from India etc.

Lets hope the guys show the same heart and determination in the next game on friday this will give us valuable information on this team.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 28, 2016, 01:48:40 PM »
it shows there is a tremendous amount of work still to be done in order to fine tune this team to possibly get results in our upcoming home games. Forget about WCQ - the Gold Cup is far more important and realistic.......

keen observation, Breds!!!!!!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 28, 2016, 06:52:13 PM »
palos]I didn't ever mean to play all home grown players for all matches, if they are good enough then use them, but we must use our home boys as much as we can in certain matches.We must try to give those boys some international exposure, it's how they learn and gain the composure required.That I feel will be the way to rebuild so when the overseas can't make it, we at least have some players with international experience.

1]; } ?>