March 28, 2024, 06:36:04 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)  (Read 41075 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Nicaragua Games (27 & 30 -Dec-2016)
« Reply #270 on: December 28, 2016, 07:02:41 PM »
Frico, point well taken.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #271 on: December 29, 2016, 05:58:18 AM »
Captain Carlos stays positive as T&T look for better result in second outing.
TTFA Media.

Veteran right back and current Trinidad and Tobago captain Carlos Edward spoke on the morning after this country’s 2-1 defeat to Nicaragua at the National Football Stadium in Managua on Tuesday.

He reflected on the performance of Tom Saintfiet’s team, saying that there were positives to take from the affair and he is getting a good feel about the commitment from the players as they continue to work towards finding the right momentum with the system of play that Saintfiet wants them playing.

Video - Edwards reacts to 2-1 loss to Nicaragua

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #272 on: December 29, 2016, 06:05:27 AM »
Andrews, Davis belatedly join T&T.
T&T Newsday Reports.

NATIONAL MIDFIELDER Aikim Andrews and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFA) first vice-president Ewing Davis were expected to join the T&T team in Nicaragua last evening, ahead of tomorrow’s second friendly international against the Central American nation.

The duo were stuck in Trinidad on Tuesday while the national squad fell to a 2-1 loss in the first friendly, at Managua.

Andrews was unable to leave with the T&T team on Sunday due to an expired passport while Davis remained in Trinidad for undisclosed reasons.

“I’m on my way now and Andrews is on his way also. Somebody needs to be there to make sure that players are managed (properly), there were some issues,” Davis said.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 06:12:52 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 29, 2016, 02:44:15 PM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

NATIONAL MIDFIELDER Aikim Andrews and Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFA) first vice-president Ewing Davis were expected to join the T&T team in Nicaragua last evening, ahead of tomorrow’s second friendly international against the Central American nation.

The duo were stuck in Trinidad on Tuesday while the national squad fell to a 2-1 loss in the first friendly, at Managua.

Andrews was unable to leave with the T&T team on Sunday due to an expired passport while Davis remained in Trinidad for undisclosed reasons.

“I’m on my way now and Andrews is on his way also. Somebody needs to be there to make sure that players are managed (properly), there were some issues,” Davis said.

Hahahahahahaha if is not one thing is the next yes...just when I'm asking myself why the hell Davis NEEDS to be there and what difference he's going to make? I get to the last senence and hilarity ensues:)

So he's going to make sure them fellahs are managed properly?? What the hell going on in Managua?? Joevin eh dey, glad-man Molino eh dey...Hodge eh dey (though I don't know his transgression, leh we say it was fete-related?), so dey cah be breaking curfew?  I wonder what happened that requires the esteemed Mr Davis' management skills:)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 03:20:16 PM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #274 on: December 29, 2016, 03:07:03 PM »
T&T Newsday Reports.

Hahahahahahaha if is not one thing is the next yes...just when I'm asking myself why the hell Davis NEEDS to be there and what difference he's going to make? I get to the last senence and hilarity ensues:)

So he's going to make sure them fellahs are managed properly?? What the hell going on in Managua?? Joevin eh dey, glad-man Molino eh dey...Hodge eh dey (though I don't know his transgression, leh we say it was fete-related?), so dey cah be breaking curfew?  I wonder what happened that requires Mr Davis management skills:)

You have time with these shithounds ...it's all smoke and mirrors

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T try to reverse result in second friendly vs Nicaragua
« Reply #275 on: December 29, 2016, 07:37:33 PM »
T&T try to reverse result in second friendly vs Nicaragua
TTFA Media

With the final squad for the upcoming Caribbean Cup fifth place and Gold Cup playoffs to be determined on the weekend, head coach Tom Saintfiet will be making a final assessment of his players currently in Managua as Trinidad and Tobago’s senior men’s team take on Nicaragua in the second of the two-match series at the National Football Stadium from 8:30pm TT time on Friday.

T&T lost the first match 2-1 on Tuesday night with Defence Force forward Hashim Arcia getting the lone second half goal for the visitors. Saintfiet will have the option of selecting US-based midfielder Kevan George and W Connection’s Aikim Andrews who arrived in Managua on Wednesday night along with Chef de Mission Ewing Davis. Andrews trained with the rest of the squad on Thursday morning at the game venue while George trained both on Wednesday and Thursday. Defender Aubrey David sat out Thursday’s session with a slight ankle injury.

T&T are preparing for Gold Cup playoff matches on January 4 and 8th against Suriname and Haiti at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Haiti is currently in Trinidad engaged in a training camp ahead of those playoff matches.

Saintfiet has indicated that he could make changes to the starting team for Friday’s affair.

“It could be that there be some changes in the squad and there could be some tactical changes because Kevan George is now in and Aikim Andrews also arrived from Trinidad. The aim is still to prepare the team for Suriname and Haiti and then later Panama and Mexico, The main target is not a result but a good preparation as we have to qualify for Gold Cup and World Cup” Saintfiet told TTFA Media.

“But it would be nice that for our players, for the hard work that they have put in, the discipline and commitment they have, will get a good result on Friday. I really hope this for the boys because they have done everything for the country. Until now I think the players who played on Tuesday and the others will do everything to be ready,” he added.

Forward Cornell Glen is hoping to play a positive role and spur on the rest of the squad.

“I felt good being back. it’s a young team with a lot of new faces, a new coach with different tactics but all in all it was good for me being back and playing with the boys again,” said Glen.

“I kept playing and I stayed positive over the years. Hopefully in the next game I can get some more playing time and I show the coach what I can still offer. Coach (Saintfiet) is a very disciplined coach and there is not a lot of room for improvisation. Being experienced, it’s rather easy for me to fit in and adapt to his system. I understand the coach because I play with a Dutch coach right now  at club level and the system is a bit similar so it’s rather easy for me to fit in and get going with the team,” Glen added.

“We have to stay focused and confident that we can still achieve and realise our ambitions of Gold Cup and World Cup qualification. We have a lot of players to come in still and I think once we can gel and fit in with the coach’s tactics then we can definitely be successful again,” Glen said.

“The coach is in a bit of an experimental stage right now and people on the outside looking in maybe thinking hey, we lost to Nicaragua and that is unacceptable but at the same time we are working on new stuff and trying a new system and that’s what it’s all about right now.”

Tickets for the upcoming Gold Cup playoff matches are now on sale at all Lotto Locations nationwide.There are three in one season tickets for the three matches costing $$100 for adults and $45 for children. Single match tickets cost $50 for Adults and $20 for children. TTFA Season Pass holders can access the games at no additional cost. Those TTFA Season Passes which includes access to the World Cup qualifiers also, are available at First Citizen’s Banks nationwide.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 29, 2016, 09:39:47 PM »
So, if the local players are that good, wouldn't they be playing in a bigger league for much more money? Are you telling me that they are good but for love of country, or just because, they will forgo big contracts and the opportunity to be seen by bigger clubs and stay home?  All yuh kidding me!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 30, 2016, 10:33:02 AM »
Carlos Edwards is captain? Dude couldn't even get a run on in League 1.

Man our standards are very, very, very low. These guys should be looking to coach youth clubs across T&T not spear-heading our WC bid.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #278 on: December 30, 2016, 11:47:01 AM »

Man our standards are very, very, very low. These guys should be looking to coach youth clubs across T&T not spear-heading our WC bid.

Hart selected a young team for a reason but the dictator, the terrorist and the puppet are going the opposite direction...

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 30, 2016, 12:25:12 PM »

Hart selected a young team for a reason but the dictator, the terrorist and the puppet are going the opposite direction...
for Christ sake mate hang up your gloves already! are we going to hear this nonsense for however long this federation president stays in charge? first it was timkee timkee this that and the other now it's DJW and Shabbaz nonstop, could you be any more annoying? just bug off and quit with the repetitive remarks already. Steven hart is history and he is not the first coach ever in the history of the game to be sacked by his boss, get over yourself man. it's so annoying to hear a woman crying about the same thing nonstop, let alone a bloke.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 12:33:59 PM by pull stones »

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 30, 2016, 03:26:45 PM »

Because hart was thinking long term...the terrorist et al thinking eat ah food and they're good at that

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 30, 2016, 03:39:39 PM »

for Christ sake mate hang up your gloves already! are we going to hear this nonsense for however long this federation president stays in charge? first it was timkee timkee this that and the other now it's DJW and Shabbaz nonstop, could you be any more annoying? just bug off and quit with the repetitive remarks already. Steven hart is history and he is not the first coach ever in the history of the game to be sacked by his boss, get over yourself man. it's so annoying to hear a woman crying about the same thing nonstop, let alone a bloke.

Watch it pullstones, you'll be branded a puppet, one who doesn't want to hear the truth, a DJW the dictator supporter etc etc. Flex, tell him to stop as well but nah he ent giving up at all lol man like he possessed. You got a bullseye on your head now LOL

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 30, 2016, 04:43:16 PM »

Contro

Please keep up the good work, dem dat doh like it could stop logging on and eat some comfort foot bcus dey doh like critique for the sake of progress they like comfort and mediocrity. 

Not one damn blasted player in one of Europe top 5 Leagues and these MC want you to shut up.

10 Years after qualifying for WC we selecting players from USL, America's 2nd League and we happy and content.

A people with no pride and no blasted standards.

Contro..please keeping hit dem that doh like it doh read it!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #283 on: December 30, 2016, 05:09:44 PM »

Watch it pullstones, you'll be branded a puppet, one who doesn't want to hear the truth, a DJW the dictator supporter etc etc. Flex, tell him to stop as well but nah he ent giving up at all lol man like he possessed. You got a bullseye on your head now LOL

Nah that branding only reserved for fellas like yourself, banter and Andre.... the three blind mice..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 30, 2016, 05:56:28 PM »
Contro keep doing yuh ting. People go be vex. But dont study that.

Is there a way we could rally the public and other stakeholders around a campaign to oust Dictator John Williams? Maybe I sounding too idealistic.. But dictators and presidents in the past have stepped down from public pressure. Dictator John Williams is a small fry compared to the others. Based on what I have seen since the Hart sacking (or part ways), Dictator John Williams has a very low approval rating. However, even if he was asked to leave, that megalomaniac will not.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 30, 2016, 06:03:20 PM »
link???
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #286 on: December 30, 2016, 06:11:21 PM »
I hope they win tonight and play better.
Will see what Cornell can do and if anyone else shows themselves to be up for higher level opposition/bigger games.

Outright dropping KJ still makes no sense to me unless it was strictly for these two games.
They getting creative finding a new position for Cyrus but what about doing the same for Kenwyne or letting him get his chance in training and warm up matches and decide then if he starting, on the bench or being dropped.

The next thing is....are we going into them Gold Cup games with a starting lineup mostly from this bunch or a whole setta players who not in this squad going to be starting?
Clearly this coach doesn't get off to a fast start.

Hell to pay if we miss the gold cup  :cursing:

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 30, 2016, 06:14:05 PM »
I hope they win tonight and play better.
Will see what Cornell can do and if anyone else shows themselves to be up for higher level opposition/bigger games.

Outright dropping KJ still makes no sense to me unless it was strictly for these two games.
They getting creative finding a new position for Cyrus but what about doing the same for Kenwyne or letting him get his chance in training and warm up matches and decide then if he starting, on the bench or being dropped.

The next thing is....are we going into them Gold Cup games with a starting lineup mostly from this bunch or a whole setta players who not in this squad going to be starting?
Clearly this coach doesn't get off to a fast start.

Hell to pay if we miss the gold cup  :cursing:

Well what do you expect from a man named Saint-fete? A fast start?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 30, 2016, 06:26:10 PM »
Anthems playing.

www.rojadirecta.me
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 06:28:06 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #289 on: December 30, 2016, 06:30:47 PM »
Based on what I have seen since the Hart sacking (or part ways), Dictator John Williams has a very low approval rating. However, even if he was asked to leave, that megalomaniac will not.

Is the people who vote him in you need to know what their stance is and pressure them if anything. He doesn't need to listen to anyone else unless the few Sponsors we have say something which is doubtful.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 30, 2016, 06:47:03 PM »
Thought we would have seen at least one change more to start. Just George, Glen and Mitchell.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #291 on: December 30, 2016, 06:54:31 PM »
Teams

T&T - 22.Adrian Foncette; 6.Radanfah Abu Bakr, 12.Carlyle Mitchell, 17.Maurice Forde, 19.Kevan George, 11.Carlos Edwards (capt), 7.Nathan Lewis (18.Akini Andrews 54th), 14.Hashim Arcia, 15.Hughtun Hector, 8.Tyrone Charles, 13.Cornell Glen.

Subs - 16.Alvin Jones 5.Daneil Cyrus, 2.Aubrey David, Trevin Caesar, 4.Curtis Gonzales, 23.Jomal Williams, 9.Akeem Roach, 21. Glenroy Samuel (GK), 10. Shahdon Winchester.

Nicaragua - 12.Diedritch Tellez; 4.Jason Casco, 2.Josue Quijano, 3.Manuel Rosas (capt), 6.Luis Copete, 8.Marlos Lopez, 19.Luis Peralta, 13.Bryan Garcia (15.Lesther Jarquin 39th), 5.Érick Téllez, 7.Jaime Moreno, 9.Nofran Lazo.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:45:57 PM by Flex »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 30, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
best of d pro league on display alyuh :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :banginghead: :banginghead:
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #293 on: December 30, 2016, 06:58:56 PM »
Goal for Nicaragua (#7.Jaime Moreno) - 24th min.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 07:00:49 PM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 30, 2016, 07:02:01 PM »
Thought we would have seen at least one change more to start. Just George, Glen and Mitchell.

But also 3 changes for Nicaragua.

First finding of the night: Foncette is NOT up to this task (unless I missed a deflection). Point blank.

Moreno has been very influential for Nicaragua. Shameful that Cadena who has NOT played competitive football in weeks has punished us twice.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 30, 2016, 07:08:59 PM »
that goal that Nicaragua score was a MULTITUDE of defensive errors. Lawd fadder put ah hand.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #296 on: December 30, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
36 mins, Glen levels for T&T..

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 30, 2016, 07:10:12 PM »
Much better by TNT  nice goal !!!!

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 30, 2016, 07:11:53 PM »
Much better by TNT  nice goal !!!!
link?
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 30, 2016, 07:13:32 PM »
nice goal by Glen great effort.

1]; } ?>