March 28, 2024, 04:03:48 PM

Author Topic: Troussier wanted US$100,000 monthly.  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Troussier wanted US$100,000 monthly.
« on: December 11, 2016, 06:01:32 AM »
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Technical Director Muhammad Isa has come out in defence of new coach Tom Saintfier, saying he is the best man for the job of taking T&T to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and beyond.

Yesterday he lashed out at critics of the coach's resume by sending a message that the Belgian is more qualified than all the local coaches here in T&T, including Stephen Hart, who was sacked for a string of poor results in the hexagonal stage of the qualifiers.

Isa, who took over as technical director from Kendal Walkes who was also fired from his job, explained that Saintfiet is also well equipped to coach at any big team in Europe and the rest of the world.

The 43-year old Belgian is the holder of a Pro License and has a degree in sports psychology with specialialisation in sports and business psychology. Saintfiet who has had a short career in football that ended due to injuries, also has a degree in physical coaching and skill develoment, which according to Isa, will be assets needeed to coach at top clubs in Europe.

He believes these assets will serve the Belgian well in dealing with the players ahead of the qualifiers.

"I think people have been wrongly criticising the coach without giving him the opportunity to prove himself. He is highly qualified and I think he knows exactly what's is required of him" Isa explained.

Quizzed on his qualifications compared to the other applicants, Isa said he provided a better package than the rest of coaches. "It wsa not only about him being affordable but when we looked at what he had, in terms of qualifications, he was definitely the best man for the job."

He told the Trinidad Guardian the T&T Football Association's first choice in the four-man shortlist, Frenchman Phillippe Troussier had asked for a whopping US$100, 000 monthly which they could not afford. "From the other two- Colombian Luis Fernando Suarez and Ecuadorian Eduardo Lara, one could not speak english and the other was not available. It is understood that among the applicants for the job were ex TT captain David Nakhid, Terry Fenwick and Dwight Yorke.

He admitted Saintfiet does not have a record like former national coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, but pointed out that at 43 years the coach could be well poised to make a name for himself.

"He was offered the coaching job in Nigeria and did not pick it up because of a last-minute decision to use a local coach. I can assure that if Saintfiet is successful here in T&T, we wil not be able to hold on to him because his price tag will increase drastically."

Saintfiet's first major assignment will be two international friendly matches against Nicaragua on December 27th and 30th in Nicaragua. The team is likely to be a blend of foreign based stars and locals as Saintfiet has already secured the services of Aubrey David, Carlyle Mitchell, Sheldon Bateau, Cordell Cato, Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester.

He has since been on the search for the best local players to make up the team.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Troussier wanted US$100,000 monthly.
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:43:25 AM »
"He was offered the coaching job in Nigeria and did not pick it up because of a last-minute decision to use a local coach. I can assure that if Saintfiet is successful here in T&T, we wil not be able to hold on to him because his price tag will increase drastically."

Give me a  :cursing: break. Coaches with his resumé are a dime a dozen. The TTFA is run by amateurs.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:05:16 AM »

Give me a  :cursing: break. Coaches with his resumé are a dime a dozen. The TTFA is run by amateurs.

"It was not only about him being affordable but when we looked at what he had, in terms of qualifications, he was definitely the best man for the job."

Wait what!?!?!?!?

Why Isa eh hush he damn ass?!?

They done do they third-world idiotness, just leave we alone and effin move on nah!!

Whomever he boss did pick woulda just fine with he!

"So hear nah boss (meaning DJW), what kinda budget we working with? So that we wouldn't waste time looking at coaches who we can't (effin!!!) afford" Simple question that maybe one of these Tech Committee clowns coulda ask the "groundsman" ( ah still think that is one ah the funniest things ah read on here recently!)

Yes R45 ah with yuh on that...amateurs/clowns!!!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 09:08:46 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:10 AM »
So....why was he second choice if he was the best for the job?

Sent from my TBOOK 11(E5A6) using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 11:24:24 AM »
 >:(

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »
ISA is a dunce and spin doctor, you have the nerve to talk about Hart, Hart above this man, after they undermine Hart they coming to talk about performance, what a set of hypocrites ...

No wonder Trinidad backwards, they have people with low iqs like isa running orgs ...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
This man still alive?

He is about ah hundred years ole now?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 12:45:25 PM »
This man still alive?

He is about ah hundred years ole now?

:rotfl:

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 12:51:31 PM »
So how much they paying this fake coach they hire to replace our real coach SH?

He must be getting a million under the table, where that troll David john splitting up amongst themselves..

I don't buy the broke ttfa ploy they using, that's a smokescreen..

Notice they never mention the new coach salary yet..

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 01:18:29 PM »
Ah wonder if he (Isa) is better qualified to be TD than Tombs was also? ;D ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 01:46:29 PM »

Breds, tell me about it. I just shake my head when I read this statement by Issa. Unbelievable. I just can't believe everybody on the selection committee signed off on this appointment. The only truism in this entire bakanal is that he comes on the "cheap", and he has multiple third world country appointments on his CV. I would not mention his results and successes, because he could do a Kevin Verity as in the 74 WC campaign.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 02:02:49 PM »

He must be getting a million under the table, where that troll David john splitting up amongst themselves..

Could've sworn I saw some numbers on the day of the hire like 7grand a month or something so .Tried that day to find it back but could not .

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 02:44:42 PM »

Breds, tell me about it. I just shake my head when I read this statement by Issa. Unbelievable. I just can't believe everybody on the selection committee signed off on this appointment. The only truism in this entire bakanal is that he comes on the "cheap", and he has multiple third world country appointments on his CV. I would not mention his results and successes, because he could do a Kevin Verity as in the 74 WC campaign.

Different time my friend, that 74 team was very talented, not to say this team isn't but back then, teams weren't as studied and analyzed as today..

Kevin was average but the players had more unity back then and were exceptional...

This new coach is a journeyman who is trying to punch above his weight and might get knocked out
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:47:33 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 02:46:07 PM »

Could've sworn I saw some numbers on the day of the hire like 7grand a month or something so .Tried that day to find it back but could not .

Breds, even if they give you a number, would you believe these pathological liars?

I don't, I know better than that, it was a set up from the beginning, David john and them making big money with this sly move, trust me, it's more than meets the eye

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2016, 06:15:51 PM »
"explained that Saintfiet is also well equipped to coach at any big team in Europe and the rest of the world."

This is coming from a man that is collecting the salary of technical director but needs Shabazz to be hired to do his job so he can sit his incompetence ass at home.

I will bet him the salary he collecting that in the next 10 Years Saintfiet will not coach any club nor country in Europe.

And this man is our technical director? LAWWWD help us

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 06:26:19 PM »
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Technical Director Muhammad Isa has come out in defence of new coach Tom Saintfier, saying he is the best man for the job of taking T&T to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia and beyond.

Yesterday he lashed out at critics of the coach's resume by sending a message that the Belgian is more qualified than all the local coaches here in T&T, including Stephen Hart, who was sacked for a string of poor results in the hexagonal stage of the qualifiers.

Isa, who took over as technical director from Kendal Walkes who was also fired from his job, explained that Saintfiet is also well equipped to coach at any big team in Europe and the rest of the world.

The 43-year old Belgian is the holder of a Pro License and has a degree in sports psychology with specialialisation in sports and business psychology. Saintfiet who has had a short career in football that ended due to injuries, also has a degree in physical coaching and skill develoment, which according to Isa, will be assets needeed to coach at top clubs in Europe.

He believes these assets will serve the Belgian well in dealing with the players ahead of the qualifiers.

"I think people have been wrongly criticising the coach without giving him the opportunity to prove himself. He is highly qualified and I think he knows exactly what's is required of him" Isa explained.

Quizzed on his qualifications compared to the other applicants, Isa said he provided a better package than the rest of coaches. "It wsa not only about him being affordable but when we looked at what he had, in terms of qualifications, he was definitely the best man for the job."

He told the Trinidad Guardian the T&T Football Association's first choice in the four-man shortlist, Frenchman Phillippe Troussier had asked for a whopping US$100, 000 monthly which they could not afford. "From the other two- Colombian Luis Fernando Suarez and Ecuadorian Eduardo Lara, one could not speak english and the other was not available. It is understood that among the applicants for the job were ex TT captain David Nakhid, Terry Fenwick and Dwight Yorke.

He admitted Saintfiet does not have a record like former national coach, Dutchman Leo Beenhakker, but pointed out that at 43 years the coach could be well poised to make a name for himself.

Saintfiet's first major assignment will be two international friendly matches against Nicaragua on December 27th and 30th in Nicaragua. The team is likely to be a blend of foreign based stars and locals as Saintfiet has already secured the services of Aubrey David, Carlyle Mitchell, Sheldon Bateau, Cordell Cato, Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester.

These people really  gone to fkk off yes.
Jesus, they making Jack Warner look good.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 08:04:41 PM »
Great point vb ,not even Jack Warner woulda try shit like that !
My good work so hard to get Jack out and these idiots vote another dictator in only this one poor unlike jack ,so he just start.
I don't think I want to wait another 20 years fighting again .

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 10:24:47 PM »
wonder if the committee consider an internet coach? ah mean, that could save a bit more money.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 10:33:54 PM »
wonder if the committee consider an internet coach? ah mean, that could save a bit more money.

It's Christmas... yuh volunteering?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2016, 09:41:21 PM »

was 100K per month based on what troussier brought to the table or the difficulty in getting the team to Russia?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2016, 10:01:51 PM »
An annual salary of US$1.2M is the market rate for a decent international football coach

Klinsmann's salary was US$2.5M annually

Luis Suarez made US$630K while coach of Honduras at the 2014 World Cup

Fabio Capello's salary at the 2014 World Cup with Russia was US$11.4M per year

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2016, 10:13:51 PM »

was 100K per month based on what troussier brought to the table or the difficulty in getting the team to Russia?

That's dependent on the coach, had Hart been supported it would be two wins going into march... I wouldn't say it's difficult, no easy task but achievable, so I would say what he brings to the table...

1]; } ?>