March 28, 2024, 05:06:44 PM

Author Topic: Saintfiet engages discussion with players  (Read 7142 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Saintfiet gets the ball rolling
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2016, 05:03:58 PM »
WATCH: Head Coach Tom Saintfiet discusses his tactical approach and player selection methods

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fqDS_pAKA8s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fqDS_pAKA8s</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2016, 10:58:16 PM »
He talking in circles.... he hasn't even analyzed or given a short analysis of the other teams...

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 24, 2016, 03:56:08 PM »
In the few moments that I see this man on media, cyar help but think I am watching an AA session, just like we football, always in a state of constant recovery
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #33 on: December 24, 2016, 08:40:10 PM »
In the few moments that I see this man on media, cyar help but think I am watching an AA session, just like we football, always in a state of constant recovery

Sprangfiet maybe?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Happy are Saintfiet’s Warriors
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2016, 09:14:59 PM »
Happy are Saintfiet’s Warriors
By Alvin Corneal (T&T Guardian)

It is almost magical! Two weeks ago, Tom Saintfiet was just another name, certainly unfamiliar to the people on this side of the world. Ten days later, the chants of support from the selected players are overwhelming and high in praise of the man’s ability to do his job.

We must respect these comments because they are now expected to show that the work which has been done under the eyes of the Belgian, must prove to be a marked improvement on what they experienced before.

Apart from a few seconds on the TV screen during Sports News, I cannot make an assessment of any kind.

However, the selection process continues to be much of a jigsaw puzzle where many of the key players are unavailable because of their commitment to their clubs. I am surprised at the decision coming from the European clubs, seeing that they are closed for Christmas, which should have allowed the lads to drop by and join the charge against Nicaragua twice.

Be that as it may, the opportunity arose for the locally based players, many of whom were asked to join the squad to show their worth in the absence of the more recognised players.

It has been very much to the benefit of the W Connection squad whose six players have caught the eyes of the new coach. Add to those names, some relative newcomers seem to have impressed such as Akeem Roach of a Super League, Club Sando, maybe the first from the league to gain selection.

There may well have been more if the clubs were exposed to the gleaming eyes of the Belgian.

The omission of Kenwyne Jones may well have been based upon information from the local coaching staff, as the new coach could not have made a judgement without having a look.

The inclusion of Carlos Edwards has been making a positive impact with the Ma Pau squad and there is justification in the short term for the former EPL (English Premier League) defender.

Tyrone Charles and Nathan Lewis, both of Jabloteh, have been given a chance to prove that they are ready for the big occasion and we wish them luck.

And now, what of the players from the Central FC? Why have they not been included in the squad?

Don’t tell me to ask Brent Sancho, the boss of the Club. Like many of you, I have heard the reasons why these players are not among the selectees in our national team.

I am at a loss to know how the owners of Central FC have the right to stop their players from representing their country.

Maybe the powers that be have forgotten that it is taxpayers’ money which is handed out to the players of the Pro League clubs.

Should they not have some form of allegiance to the national flag? In past years, the current T&T Football Association president David John Williams may have also indulged in that practice.

Today, he has to wear the hat of the president TTFA and demand that all players should be allowed to participate in the national team’s activity.

Is it not simple to ask the technical director of the Pro League to reschedule the dates of matches in order to clear the period when the International friendlies are played and allow the players to fight for national honours?

Could anyone explain the omission of Jan-Michael Williams? And finally, did the new coach have a look at the Defence Force striker Devorn Jorsling within the last few matches? Goals galore and we know that he has been potent at the national level in the past.

As to the recall of Cornell Glen, is it that the coach had seen him play in Asia of elsewhere? Or is he guided by local knowledge for some of these decisions?

Nevertheless, the gentleman has notified us all that he will win the first two matches in the World Cup Qualifiers in March, but never mentioned Haiti and Suriname. That gives him time to get his feet wet.

My fondest wishes to our national team during their Christmas jaunt, may they find the time to appreciate the birthday of Jesus Christ and score two victories. To my friends and readers, my wish for each and everyone to join your families during the Yuletide season and let us all pray that we can create an improved way of life for the New Year.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2017, 05:43:19 AM »
Saintfiet needs a miracle.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

One month since being named national head coach, Tom Saintfiet, is staring the axe. Three defeats in his first four games including Sunday’s 4-3 extra time loss to Haiti that saw T&T crash out of Gold Cup qualifying while playing at home show the depths to which this country’s football has sunk.

Saintfiet, the 43-year-old Belgian, is supposed to revive a floundering World Cup campaign but any optimism has since dissipated with T&T defeats to 150th-ranked Suriname 2-1 and a first-ever defeat to Nicaragua in December.

With much tougher opposition looming in the World Cup qualifiers vs Panama (March 24) and Mexico (March 28), T&T’s performances under their new coach thus far do not augur well for the immediate future.

Playing on home soil for the Gold Cup qualifiers against Suriname and Haiti, it did not seem as if the hosts had any advantage whatsoever in front their home crowd. Timid in their opening match against Suriname, a neutral observer could be forgiven for thinking the match was being held in Suriname.

After that defeat, Saintfiet told the media: “We gave ball possession on purpose to be stronger on the counter- attack.” Why T&T would not attack an inexperienced Suriname team whose best player plays in the Pro League? Only Saintfiet could answer that question.

His tactics did not work. But even in that fixture, contrary to the T&T coach’s assertion that the hosts had the better of the exchanges and a lot of “almost goals”, it was T&T goalkeeper Adrian Foncette who had to dive full stretch to push a shot past the post just before the half. And in the second period on a counter-attack, Suriname hit the post with the TT defence all at sea.

On Sunday, after a thrilling 4-3 defeat to Haiti, Saintfiet unsurprisingly appealed for more time. His team was given 48 more hours to prepare for Sunday’s match than their opponent (T&T played Suriname on Wednesday while Haiti played Suriname on Friday) but surprisingly it was the visitors who seemed the fresher team.

After a month in charge, it is difficult to see what Saintfiet’s men are trying to do in the middle and attacking third while defensively it has been a calamity with eight goals conceded from their four games so far. The zonal marking by TT against Haiti was a complete disaster with four Haitians getting their heads on the ball repeatedly while outnumbered by nine TT players in the box on set-plays. Given three goals were conceded by headers off set-plays, TT clearly needed more work on the training ground before trying to incorporate zonal marking into their play book.

Another cause for concern has been Saintfiet’s substitutions which have failed to provide the impetus off the bench in the Gold Cup qualifiers.

The national coach admitted to this after the Suriname game.

“Later in the match I think we had too little power, energy in the replacements who came in... If you bring a fresh player in you expect that they fight and battle and fly over the pitch because they are less tired than the (others), I think that was our weakness today,” he said.

Again, vs Haiti, Saintfiet brought on Alvin Jones (injury to Carlos Edwards), Cornell Glen, Hughton Hector and Trevin Caesar but the flow of the match never changed. He again resorted to centre-back Radanfah Abu Bakr being deployed in the latter stages of the match as a forward, looking to win aerial duels in the box. Earlier in the match, after Haiti withstood the opening barrage from the hosts, T&T began hoofing long passes to the energetic but five footsix inches Shahdon Winchester without success. Having dropped captain Kenwyne Jones to shift to a more fluid style of play it was bemusing to see T&T resort to those tactics.

Haitian midfielder Herold Charles was also made to look like Ronaldinho in his heyday, orchestrating the Haitian attacks continuously with little pressure on him. The dreadlocked #10 certainly oozes skill but in a door- die game at home, T&T failed to address the obvious threat the midfielder possesses, dictating play, and leaving the TT players tired while chasing shadows all over the field.

On the positive side, 25-year-old forward Shahdon Winchester got his chance on his birthday and showed he is hungry to make a name for himself with a hat-trick in Sunday’s 4-3 defeat. Jabloteh’s Tyrone Charles also had flashes of brilliance with his dead ball skills providing a threat for the national team.

Can Saintfiet turn things around in time for the World Cup qualifiers? Maybe. But on the evidence of his four games in charge so far, the future does not look bright.

David John Williams, president of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA), has laid out an ultimatum that T&T need to get four points in their next two World Cup qualifiers for Saintfiet to keep his job. On the evidence so far, the man nicknamed “The Saint” and the “The Messiah” after a two-year stint in Namibia will need a miracle for that to happen.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2017, 05:49:21 AM »
Saintfiet: Not enough time.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

National coach Belgian Tom Saintfiet sought to cover himself by admitting that he did not have sufficient time to prepare the team properly for the Caribbean Football Union/Concacaf Gold Cup play-off qualifiers against Suriname and Haiti.

At a post match press conference the coach who took over from Stephen Hart about three weeks ago, said he had just two weeks to prepare a team ahead of the tournament, conceding defeats to Nicaragua 2-1 in a friendly, Suriname 2-1 and Haiti 4-3 out of four matches. T&T defeated Nicaragua 3-1.

The 43-year-old Belgian explained the country’s best coach ever Leo Beenhakker had three months before his first qualifying match and lost three out of the first five games the team played.

He told the media that a number of top international players, whom he depended upon, were invited for the play-offs but did not show up for one reason or another. “We invited Khaleem Hyland, Jomal Williams, Levi Garcia, John Bostock, Kevin Molino, Joevin Jones, Cordell Cato and Mikeil Williams.

So we invited a lot of players who did not make for several reasons, because it was not a FIFA date or personally was not ready to perform for the team. But it has consequences, if you have a lot of good players missing before such an important game.”

“Ten days before the first of January I spoke face to face with Joevin Jones and informed him to take a few days off and on the first of January I expect to see you in camp. It is not the coach who invites players but the general secretary, except what I did for Joevin.”

According to Saintfiet, “On the otherside in the two weeks time of working with the team, the boys grew as they worked very hard and I think the local people have discovered some very good local players who they never expected to play at this level.

So I have had good experiences of working with the boys and can assure that some of the boys would be on the squad or have to be in the squad in the future.”

The team gave a fighting performance which Saintfiet said he could not fault them for generally, but noted he was very disappointed with the blunders that prevented them from winning the match. He pointed out that the team led twice in the match and created many opportunities.

He claimed that with the game at 2-apiece it seem like the players did not want to score to take the lead 3-2.

“In extra-time I saw three good chances, one by Cornell Glen , one by Winchester who had an excellent game and another one” Saintfiet explained.

He lashed out at the defensive part of the team, saying it is unacceptable to concede three four goals. “Haiti scored from two corners and a free-kick and two of those goal were unacceptable.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »
I asked before, within the coaching staff, who has responsibility for coaching the defense?

Back in the 06 campaign Wim Rijsbergen had specific responsibility for tactical organization for defense and playing without the ball.

He spent a lot of time sorting out Cyd Gray, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence and Brent Sancho with Chris Birchall sitting in front of them. We were properly organized. A lot of us thought Cyd Gray was the worst thing in a tugs, he turned out to be an effective wing back, these things don't happen just like that. Work was put in and we got results.

We concede too much too often, with all the so called administrators i just not seeing any kind of pragmatism in how we are organizing ourselves from a coaching perspective.

Even in the post match comments you are not seeing any kind of technical postmortem, just emotive reactions to our frailties.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2017, 07:11:56 AM »
Give the coach some credit he did relatively decent given the time and team he had.

The only problem I had was not starting Roach and Arcia vs Haiti, two attacking players in a must win game.

Adrian Foncette inexperience game time
Carlos Edwards injured
Carlyle Mitchell injured
Cornell Glen not 100%
Alvin Jones inexperience
Tyrone Charles inexperience
Maurice Ford inexperience
Nathan Lewis inexperience
Aikim Andrews inexperience
Shahdon Winchester inexperience game time
Akeem Roach inexperience
Hashim Arcia inexperience

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2017, 07:34:54 AM »
Give the coach some credit he did relatively decent given the time and team he had.

The only problem I had was not starting Roach and Arcia vs Haiti, two attacking players in a must win game.

Adrian Foncette inexperience game time
Carlos Edwards injured
Carlyle Mitchell injured
Cornell Glen not 100%
Alvin Jones inexperience
Tyrone Charles inexperience
Maurice Ford inexperience
Nathan Lewis inexperience
Aikim Andrews inexperience
Shahdon Winchester inexperience game time
Akeem Roach inexperience
Hashim Arcia inexperience

Bullcrap he help pick the team so he has to shoulder blame too.
Any decent coach would know what they are getting into...you don't gamble with inexperience.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2017, 08:29:09 AM »
You don't overhaul the core of a squad that has been playing together for almost 4 years.

The coach whether is be outside influences or not has to take responsibility for that. If the first thing when you arrive is to drop the captain then you set yourself or allow yourself to be set up. The first thing you need to recognize is that Trinidad and Tobago does not have the player pool of a top tier football nation.

Once you recognize that you have to identify your top talent and treat with them. I am not suggesting any preferential treatment, only to develop a proper working relationship and build trust and understanding. If he attempted that then the outcome speaks for itself.

Even if you want to try a different tactical approach, you simply DO NOT drop the captain, there is no justifiable basis to suggest that there are 2 or 3 other forwards that completely displaces him from your team. It comes across as premeditated and deliberate.

You come into a new job and rather than discussion and dialogue you take a hard line approach with local clubs, as a result we lose our top goalkeeper and most capped player and deputy captain.

You engage a coaching staff where half is not even here during the key period of preparation and the other half has little or no success in managing top talent. No real identifiable defensive coaching acumen within the staff and a medical staff based on the recent past was involved in controversy, as i mention that, where are the inquiries into Carlyle Mitchell and Cornell Glen playing injured, where is the conviction or priority for player health and safety now?

I genuinely think Saintfet wants to do well, I have to believe that, but he is either extremely naive in some of the decisions he makes or allows himself to be influenced and become the subsequent scapegoat as a result. He must recognize that he comes into this role with no track record so he cannot boss his environment upfront, he has been placed in a tough situation given all the circumstances, but he has to be smarter in his approach.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 08:41:39 AM »

Compare that to the Haitian coach who was only appointed on Boxing Day.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 10:26:55 AM »
Shadon is not an inexperienced player. Yes he is in and out of the team, but he has had enough international games under his belt to shoulder some of the weight. I would not comment on the coach now because of the time factor. Let's see what happens after the next 2 Hex games, that is if he is not replaced by DJW. These four games served as warm up for the Hex. We have only the WC to focus. The next 2 games will be a pivotal point for our football. If we lose, everybody should be fired, including the president. We will have had enough by then.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »
Saintfiet gets the ball rolling? The only things rolling here are dice.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:36:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »

Yes, but Haiti had most of their players and they had been training together for a while.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 11:08:42 AM »
I asked before, within the coaching staff, who has responsibility for coaching the defense?

Back in the 06 campaign Wim Rijsbergen had specific responsibility for tactical organization for defense and playing without the ball.

He spent a lot of time sorting out Cyd Gray, Avery John, Marvin Andrews, Dennis Lawrence and Brent Sancho with Chris Birchall sitting in front of them. We were properly organized. A lot of us thought Cyd Gray was the worst thing in a tugs, he turned out to be an effective wing back, these things don't happen just like that. Work was put in and we got results.

We concede too much too often, with all the so called administrators i just not seeing any kind of pragmatism in how we are organizing ourselves from a coaching perspective.

Even in the post match comments you are not seeing any kind of technical postmortem, just emotive reactions to our frailties.
:thumbsup:
Saintfiet: Not enough time.

.........National coach Belgian Tom Saintfiet sought to cover himself by admitting that he did not have sufficient time to prepare the team properly for the Caribbean Football Union/Concacaf Gold Cup play-off qualifiers against Suriname and Haiti.

The team gave a fighting performance which Saintfiet said he could not fault them for generally, but noted he was very disappointed with the blunders that prevented them from winning the match. He pointed out that the team led twice in the match and created many opportunities.

He claimed that with the game at 2-apiece it seem like the players did not want to score to take the lead 3-2.

“In extra-time I saw three good chances, one by Cornell Glen , one by Winchester who had an excellent game and another one” Saintfiet explained.

He lashed out at the defensive part of the team, saying it is unacceptable to concede three four goals. “Haiti scored from two corners and a free-kick and two of those goal were unacceptable.”
If he was the coach of those Haiti or Suriname teams, I wonder how he himself would evaluate their game play, tactics,defense and offensive possession, effort and chances ? To my bias eye, Haiti seemed way more in control of the game than we did, even when we led, they seemed to have us in more disarray than we did them. Had we won, I would have said, we were outplayed- in all facets, but goals win games. Our individual defenders saved us quite a few times,Unfortunately, our team defense didn't and we lost. Can't speak about the Suriname game, didn't see, and Andre Baptiste and co, has to be taken with a grain of salt (and lottsa pepper).

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2017, 11:33:41 AM »
These four games served as warm up for the Hex. We have only the WC to focus.

I'll take a leaf out of coach Saintfiet's book

The team didn't have:
Joevin Jones
Kevin Molino
Khaleem Hyland
Cordell Cato
Levi Garcia
Sheldon Bateau

All missing for various reasons

He dropped Kenwyne Jones, Jan Michael Williams, Dexter Cyrus, Jomal Williams, and Mekiel Williams

John Bostock has never represented T&T

So from the regulars on the T&T team....he used Andre Boucaud, Kevan George, Abu Bakr, Aubrey David, and Carlyle Mitchell.  Essentially 99% of the back line.

So for these warm ups, the back line....against way inferior opposition compared to what they will face in the Hex...conceded way too many goals.

The back line has been a problem throughout....but there's been no improvement.  In fact, if anything, they've looked worse....especially given the opposition.

Maybe that's down to a new coach and new tactics etc. 

But Saintfiet will face the same challenge as every other national team coach unless it's a majority or total local based squad.

He'll get players for a few days prior to an important match....in this case....near back to back world cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico.  If there's ANY silver lining...it's that both matches are home matches.   But T&T's home stadium isn't exactly a fortress or a daunting place for the opposition to play.

Let's see what happens.  Who knows?  Maybe Saintfiet won't be coach and the lineup will look like this

Foncette
Aubrey David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Carlos Edwards
Joevin Jones
Hyland
Boucaud
Charles
Molino
Winchester

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »

Yes, but Haiti had most of their players and they had been training together for a while.

Nope. Haiti had only about four players from the Copa Centroamerica playoff match against us. Plus four players who were called up missed joining up with the squad. Yuh ent see how jokey dey keeper was?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2017, 01:21:49 PM »
Like some people on here expect a miracle to happen come wc qualifiers lol

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2017, 02:30:44 PM »

Nope. Haiti had only about four players from the Copa Centroamerica playoff match against us. Plus four players who were called up missed joining up with the squad. Yuh ent see how jokey dey keeper was?

Yeah. They beat us with a jokey keeper. Imagine if they had a less jokey keeper. We might not have scored.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2017, 04:46:51 PM »
Yeah. They beat us with a jokey keeper. Imagine if they had a less jokey keeper. We might not have scored.

We had a jokey keeper also.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2017, 06:42:46 PM »

We had a jokey keeper also.
best comment i've heard all week. take a bow my friend. just when you thought it couldn't get any worst than marvin phillips here comes foncette to break the mold. this atrocious display of goal keeping in the last four games is the absolute worst i've ever seen of any goalkeeper in national colors which includes marchan.

i could not believe it when i saw him defending a free kick in the six yard box instead of on his line, what a gift goal that was to the haitians. our lost was a result of our discombobulated defense and poor goal keeping ethics.

i don't mean to embarrass the lad but he needs to go somewhere and learn proper goal keeping techniques which includes trusting your defenders and not run at attackers trying to make things happen and this is very true of all our goal keepers, they never stop trying to be defenders instead of goal tenders.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2017, 06:59:34 PM »
These four games served as warm up for the Hex. We have only the WC to focus.

I'll take a leaf out of coach Saintfiet's book

The team didn't have:
Joevin Jones
Kevin Molino
Khaleem Hyland
Cordell Cato
Levi Garcia
Sheldon Bateau

All missing for various reasons

He dropped Kenwyne Jones, Jan Michael Williams, Dexter Cyrus, Jomal Williams, and Mekiel Williams

John Bostock has never represented T&T

So from the regulars on the T&T team....he used Andre Boucaud, Kevan George, Abu Bakr, Aubrey David, and Carlyle Mitchell.  Essentially 99% of the back line.

So for these warm ups, the back line....against way inferior opposition compared to what they will face in the Hex...conceded way too many goals.

The back line has been a problem throughout....but there's been no improvement.  In fact, if anything, they've looked worse....especially given the opposition.

Maybe that's down to a new coach and new tactics etc. 

But Saintfiet will face the same challenge as every other national team coach unless it's a majority or total local based squad.

He'll get players for a few days prior to an important match....in this case....near back to back world cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico.  If there's ANY silver lining...it's that both matches are home matches.   But T&T's home stadium isn't exactly a fortress or a daunting place for the opposition to play.

Let's see what happens.  Who knows?  Maybe Saintfiet won't be coach and the lineup will look like this

Foncette
Aubrey David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Carlos Edwards
Joevin Jones
Hyland
Boucaud
Charles
Molino
Winchester

that team would get killed against any of the top 8 teams in concacaf which includes jamaica canada and el salvador. the fact that you are willing to use aubrey david and abu bakar after their poor showing in those past four games leaves me to wonder.

why not nathan lewis over tyrone charles? he showed very good awareness on the flanks and put in some nice crosses, and kavan george over boucaud would be a better defensive option. last but not least i will love to see greg ranjitsingh for a change instead of this foncette lad, his poot technique and tactical awareness in my opinion was the main reason for the three losses.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2017, 08:45:47 PM »

Foncette
Aubrey David
Bateau
Abu Bakr
Carlos Edwards
Joevin Jones
Hyland
Boucaud
Charles
Molino
Winchester

that team would get killed against any of the top 8 teams in concacaf which includes jamaica canada and el salvador. the fact that you are willing to use aubrey david and abu bakar after their poor showing in those past four games leaves me to wonder.

why not nathan lewis over tyrone charles? he showed very good awareness on the flanks and put in some nice crosses, and kavan george over boucaud would be a better defensive option. last but not least i will love to see greg ranjitsingh for a change instead of this foncette lad, his poot technique and tactical awareness in my opinion was the main reason for the three losses.

So coach.....who would you select that is demonstrably better than david and abu bakr? 

By the way...it's not "MY TEAM"....I going by what current coach Saintfiet has selected and taking a guess as to who he MAY select out of the "foreign based" in the future.  Tyrone Charles...Nathan Lewis...6 of one...half dozen of the other. 

BTW..if Ranjitsingh was an option, don''t you think he would have at least been called to camp like everyone else bar tje Central FC players?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 02:21:09 PM »
Palos hold that thought for latas or vranes or the dictators lap dog...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Saintfiet engages discussion with players
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2017, 05:09:47 AM »
Saintfiet cries lack of TTFA respect.

Corneal, Look Loy identify TTFA as the problem

After just 35 days in the job, national football coach, Belgian Tom Saintfiet has resigned. His decision came after he said in a release that he did not get the support of the T&T Football Association and its president David John-Williams.

Local football pundits Alvin Corneal and Keith Look Loy, however said the blame for his resignation should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the TTFA, saying Saintfiet problem was that he took the job.

Saintfiet, who accepted a contract to take T&T to the FIFA World Cup in Russia 2018 with a clause that he faced being fired if he did not win the team’s home matches against Panama and Mexico in March, faced mounting pressure by the country’s failure to qualify for the CONCACAF Gold Cup, by losing both its matches in a CFU/CONCACAF play-off last week at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

In his first game the T&T went down 2-1 to Suriname and then 4-3 to Haiti in extra-time, as the host needed to win by two clear goals.

In addition to his defeats in the play-off, the Belgian was also criticised for poor performances in the two friendly international encounters against Nicaragua in that country on December (27th and 30th).

Yesterday, in a release he said “Given the mandate to guide the team past Panama and Mexico in the coming World Cup qualifiers in March 2017, I have come to the conclusion that I can’t be successful in this environment.

From the first day of my unveiling, I did not get the support of the TTFA and its president; support which is needed to be able to do my job in a professional and successful way. I never got the chance to work with the players or staff requested.”

He added, “Perhaps I should have taken that decision right from day one of my appointment, after the president openly second-guessed his own choice of employing me, but I gave him and the TTFA the benefit of the doubt.”

Meanwhile, a release from the TTFA stated it had accepted the resignation of Saintfiet. But both Look Loy and Corneal have said Saintfiet is not the problem, but rather the TTFA. While admitting they both expected Saintfiet to fail, they lashed out at the TTFA for its poor selection of a coach who has had no experience and reputation at this level, as his resume shows.

According to Corneal: “They (TTFA) should have done a proper research than to recruit a man who knows absolutely nothing about our culture, the players and our football.

“He should have come here before to do his own assessment on what he was getting into.”

Corneal, a former national footballer and coach lashed out at Saintfiet, saying the principle of him even accepting the job under such circumstances was a bit amateurish.

Corneal also questioned Saintfiet’s comment that he did not get the support of the TTFA, saying as a professional he came here to do a job, that’s all he needed.

Look Loy said the little-known Belgian coach had made his own bed to lay in, pointing to his acceptance of a job where the president said he was not the first choice. “Any self-respecting person would have resigned immediately.”

Like Corneal, he believes Saintfiet took the job knowing what he was getting into, and later compounded it by some of his poor decisions, such as the removal of goalkeeper Jan Michael Williams.

Look Loy himself an ex-national player and coach, took a swipe at the TTFA, blaming it for poor administration and decision-making in dealing with the sacking of Stephen Hart and selection of Saintfiet.

He accused the TTFA of playing politics with the game, saying because of its poor administration it has been left with a situation of either chosing a local coach or searching for a top coach from abroad.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2017, 05:48:42 AM »
Sanfiet will surprise many people.

Well...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2017, 06:34:33 AM »

Well...
He surprise me.

I thought he would have held on to get fired and get the pay.

Sent from my TBOOK 11(E5A6) using Tapatalk

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 09:14:59 AM »
Pressure..Bust  pipe
At least he is leaving with some of his sanity and dignity intack seasoned with some humiliation
You were set up and you went for it hook line and sinker
All the best...It's called the Macauel  effect...Play with it long enough you get swallowed whole

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 09:54:08 AM »

Well...
He surprise me.

I thought he would have held on to get fired and get the pay.

Sent from my TBOOK 11(E5A6) using Tapatalk

Me too. Didn't see that one coming. Earned a measure of respect from me for that. However, I don't/can't feel sorry for him. Shouldn't have taken the job if he didn't know what he was getting into and then his hardline stance with some of the players and Central basically amounted to cutting off yuh nose to spite yuh face.

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

1]; } ?>