May 26, 2024, 12:23:08 PM

Author Topic: Technical Staff named for Senior Menís Team  (Read 4960 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Technical Staff named for Senior Menís Team
« on: December 14, 2016, 03:51:56 PM »
Technical Staff named for Senior Menís Team
TTFA Media

The Technical Staff for the Menís Senior Team has been finalised ahead the upcoming International Friendlies against Nicaragua in Managua.

Last Wednesday, Belgian Tom Saintfiet was announced as the new head coach of the Menís Senior National Team by the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association and today following the advice of Saintfiet, the following appointments were made Ė

Assistant Coach Ė Russell Latapy
Assistant Coach Ė Jamaal Shabazz (temporary)
Goalkeeper Coach Ė Jo Stock (German)
Physical Trainer Ė Riedoh Bierdien (South African)
Equipment Manager Ė Michael Williams
Doctor Ė Terence Babwah
Physiotherapist Ė Dave Isaac
Manager Ė Azaad Mohammed-Khan (interim until end of Gold Cup playoffs in January)

Latapy is currently in Portugal and will join the squad at the end of the month but Sainfiet will have the rest of the staff on site from the first training session on Thursday evening at the Hasely Crawford Stadium from 7pm.

Saintfiet commented on the Staff selection.

ďIn the last days I spoke to a lot of local coaches where I tried to get a lot of information about their history, their background and their philosophy. I wanted to make a decision based on the facts I know.

ďI wanted local assistant coaches who can help me with their knowledge not only of the football in Trinidad and tobago but also Concacaf region. I chose two assistant coaches, one of them is Jamaal Shabazz. He was in the beginning not really eager to return in the coaching role but I think that with his experience as ex-national team coach of Trinidad and tobago and Guyana and with his philosophy he can help me a lot in this beginning period, to introduce me to local football and to the mentality of the players.

ďThe other assistant coach is Russell Latapy, who is a former national coach just like Jamaal, top player in the history of local football, played at top level in Europe, played at the World Cup and I think both add something. Both have a different mentality, different personalities, both are experienced coaches within Trinidad and Tobago and I think I can use that experience very much as national team head coach.

ďI also had conversations with physical coaches and goalkeeper coaches because these two roles are very important. For the physical coach I have chosen a foreign physical coach Riedoh Berdien. He is a high profiled South African physical coach who worked in the past for Bolton Wanderers of England and also for the national teams of Togo, Botswana and Bangladesh and he was in the last months the national team physical coach for the South African Football Federation in the womenís department. He is highly qualified, he is young and is a football man and I think he can add something to the physical department.

ďOn the goalkeeper coach, I spoke with two local goalkeeper coaches. I had a very good feeling with the discussion with them but in my observation in local football and my discussion with some other people. I decided for the short period of time to bring a foreign professional with high profile, with high education and with experience in European football and he will be coming from Germany.

ďI think we have a strong squad where we combine local experience, two former national team coaches, with international experience of top level specified coaches for that job.

ďFor the medical team, I had also some discussions in that department and I decided to keep the persons who have been in that role in the last year, Dr Babwah and Physio Isaac. I think both have huge experience with the team and in this region and I will like to work in the coming months with them,Ē Saintfiet stated.

Latapy, who will join the squad later this month and was also appointed as Staff Coach for national teams earlier this year, also gave his reactions on his appointment as Senior Team Assistant Coach.

ďAgain itís an opportunity where Iíve been been called again to assist and this is exactly what I will do. Iíve represented Trinidad and Tobago for so many years and if I am being called upon again especially in my new role as staff coach for the association, to be an assistant coach for the senior team, I will go in and do my best. I would also make it clear that I am going in to lend a helping hand to the head coach and the team. He (Saintfiet) has his ideas and philosophies and I will assist wherever possible,Ē Latapy told TTFA Media.

ďI was not expecting to be in this situation. The focus has to be on the new coach and his ideas and his philosophies and we need the players to pull together just like the nation and we need to come together to do the best that we can to move forward and give the team the best possible chance.

ďI have been asked to assist and I will never turn my back on Trinidad and Tobago. The new coach and the President of the Association asked me to come in and I will go in and put my best foot forward as it is an opportunity for the new head coach to take the squad from where it is at this time and see how far he can take it forward. He will have my fullest support.

ďI also want to also keep focusing on the youth teams, which is one of my main focal points right now having gotten back involved in Trinidad and Tobago football,Ē Latapy added.

Notes

Jo Stock holds a UEFA A Goalkeeping Coaching License (2016); a DFB (German FA) Goalkeeping Coach License (2011) and a UEFA A Coaching License (2006). Among his experiences with teams include being goalkeeping coach the Yemen National Team in 2012;
for FC Magdeburg (2015) and FC Hansa Rostock (2011) during which time the team gained promotion to the Bundesliga Division 2. Between 2012-2014 he also served as a German FA Course Instructor for Development and Training of Goalkeeper coaches. He speaks German, English and French.

Redo Burden is a former national team goalkeeper coach for Botswana, Togo (with Saintfiet) and Bangladesh (with Saintfiet). He also worked as a goalkeeper coach with the Bolton Wanderers Academy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/qWQZYXI-vTM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/qWQZYXI-vTM</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Technical Staff named for Senior Menís Team
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 04:00:03 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Paging Nostradamus.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 04:09:48 PM »
I was this coming from a mile...Babwah back as team doctor too

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »
Nostradamus you say. Ray Charles read the play and he blind and dead
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2016, 05:19:57 PM »
I chose two assistant coaches, one of them is Jamaal Shabazz. He was in the beginning not really eager to return in the coaching rol

mm hmm. Right ok

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 05:58:16 PM »
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Paging Nostradamus.

asylum,    .... what ? what ? The Jamal explanation was a joke of course.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 06:17:26 PM »
ďFor the medical team, I had also some discussions in that department and I decided to keep the persons who have been in that role in the last year, Dr Babwah and Physio Isaac. I think both have huge experience with the team and in this region and I will like to work in the coming months with them,Ē Saintfiet stated.

Yuh flat out LIE.  Yuh eh decide shit.  You were given no other option.  You were told Babwah would be team doctor and Isaac would be Physio.

Same ting with Latapy and Shabazz....reluctant my ass
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 07:13:29 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
this has moved from the ridiculous to the absurd ....santifay..santeef.. or whatever the hell he name is getting used like toilet paper.....and like toilet paper they will flush his ass down the toilet

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 07:19:45 PM »
SANTHIEF....

So not only is this man a puppet, he is a straight up liar...

Shabazz and the Dictator choose the staff and team, Hart wanted the team to win, the dark side didn't.. so they bring in a set up man as a puppet, who will lie for them... sabotage Hart because he wouldn't lie for them and take part in their corruption, because he wanted to win.. but there is another scenario as well, they didn't want Hart to be the first local coach to guide the national team to the World Cup... so they remove him because they wanted their people to profit and benefit from qualifying... many scenarios here to consider, all viable

I don't support SANTHIEF .... nor his masters in the ttfa

« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 07:22:43 PM by Controversial »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 07:25:38 PM »
That entire article is a joke, feeding we :bs:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 07:32:22 PM »
so the Terrorist have another job now...I wonder if he's getting a separate paycheck for that....

I want to see how the cabal responds to this....Isa LP et al...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 07:39:19 PM »
so the Terrorist have another job now...I wonder if he's getting a separate paycheck for that....

I want to see how the cabal responds to this....Isa LP et al...

It's a Web, you see David John and them are not idiots, they are devious, vindictive and power hungry, which has made them very predictable, the question now remains how they will work out their scheme...

Will they make more money with Trinidad losing matches or are they destined for the promised regardless of Harts involvement? Which they would want to control and have their men in place to benefit..

Either way they are corrupt and need to be removed ... Trinidad is also influenced by external forces as well which makes it harder to get our program on the right track..

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 08:17:07 PM »
wow i imagine this will segway into latas and shabazz as interim coaches after march then shabazz as head coach since latas have the u17 or whatever.

babwah is a proper neemacaram
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2016, 09:15:01 PM »
They can't tie me up nah...apart from ALL the other bacahnal with this; so Latas failure with the U-17 -- and past senior team -- will be rewarded with another MNT head coaching gig???

Just like with a lot of others, nothing surprises me anymore smh.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2016, 09:16:51 PM »
Sametief maybe?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2016, 09:18:58 PM »
Sametief maybe?

I like the sound of that... :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 09:31:09 PM »
so Latas failure with the U-17

With all due respect, yes Latas U-17 team failed. But that don't mean he should not get a chance to be a coach or assistant for the MNT. English premier league has a revolving door. Koeman, Hiddink, Steve Bruce, Big Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes have all been fired multiple times and have resurfaced. NBA, NFL and American college football have it also. Latas will be an understudy. We should be glad that he will be gaining "valuable" experience from a "knowledgeable" foreigner. Many of you on the  forum DISPISED the idea of a local getting this job. The exception was Terry Fenwick. He has paid his dues as most of you have said. So what is the matter with Latas?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2016, 10:27:51 PM »
So what is the matter with Latas?
I was reading through some posts surrounding Latapy's tenure with TnT...looking in particular for the "Fire Russel Latapy thread" (which I didn't find)... nothing wrong with giving men a bly but Latapy is a proven shit coach. not to lead anything till he learn some more or something.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2016, 12:28:21 AM »

With all due respect, yes Latas U-17 team failed. But that don't mean he should not get a chance to be a coach or assistant for the MNT. English premier league has a revolving door. Koeman, Hiddink, Steve Bruce, Big Sam Allardyce, Tony Pulis, Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes have all been fired multiple times and have resurfaced. NBA, NFL and American college football have it also. Latas will be an understudy. We should be glad that he will be gaining "valuable" experience from a "knowledgeable" foreigner. Many of you on the  forum DISPISED the idea of a local getting this job. The exception was Terry Fenwick. He has paid his dues as most of you have said. So what is the matter with Latas?

I always remember when hector score on Mexico in Mexico when latas was coach... he take the man off and it looked like from what I saw on tv, reprimanded him... hector I believe didn't start the rest of games...

Latas was never a good coach... Hart coach a g20 nation, hart has been to the best academies and studied them.. Hart has proven he can be on equal footing with big teams and compete... latas has done nothing to trump that...

What are your thoughts on Shabazz? Shabazz turn down to work with Hart and then undermine him with djw... he's a crab and should have been in jail for a long time for his treason against our nation..

Now this traitor is selecting the team over a patriot like Hart?

Corruption ....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2016, 01:33:43 AM »
Initially it was announced that Richard Piper would be manager. This release lists Azaad Khan as team manager.

What happened there?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2016, 03:57:12 AM »
I wonder...all huh remember under that terrorist imps shabazz the team used to play hit n hope...all dem long ball...welll since KJ not there..what they gonna do... just run as fast as you can?? ;D
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2016, 04:51:37 AM »
I see two snakes in the grass
Everything turn old mas
Fire burn ketch them to Ras
What the prophet say come to pass

When I do the right thing in the beginning..
I never have to justify the end
However this administration choose to be contrary form the beginning
My sixth sense says there will much more weeping and wailin to come
Stay tuned as no matter which channel you tune in to,is the same commess you will be seeing
We wanted change,but change for the greater good...I did not sign up for this
This is just ..........WRONG

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2016, 07:04:19 AM »
The real news is who his assistants will be. Pay attention.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2016, 07:46:32 AM »
Who coaching defense in that set up?

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2016, 08:48:30 AM »

Shabazz

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2016, 09:00:41 AM »

De man say his tactics based on speed. Sound to me like we gon fly down de field and share beats and win 5 - 3. Like Liverpool dem. That seem to be the plan.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2016, 09:38:21 AM »
Latas got his chance and effin FAILED!

I take my ass to Chicago for a qualifier when Birchall was still playing and felt thoroughly embarrassed by HIS team's performance.

Quick, who played with the most HEART that day?

Quick, who was subbed out first in the 2nd half and had everybody around me wondering, "Why they taking he off?"

Quick, (and this one is just me) who -- on said substitution -- was not even acknowledged by the coach? (You know how coaches does give a quick handshake or something nah?)

So please excuse me if I see this as total cacaholeness (yet again) by DJW and his minions.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 09:40:24 AM by Fyzoman »
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2016, 09:47:30 AM »

De man say his tactics based on speed. Sound to me like we gon fly down de field and share beats and win 5 - 3. Like Liverpool dem. That seem to be the plan.

That would have made sense if we had a true goal scorer that we can rely on. All that speed without a clinical finisher amounts to nothing. If there was a Glen or a Jorsling in the mix then maybe yea we definitely have someone who we can have a level of confidence in to finish with some level of consistency. Plaza has good speed but has balance and pivot issues. Winchester in addition to speed has a low centre of gravity and strength but his technique is poor. Caesar similar to Winchester and all three lack a bit of composure in front of goal.

Time will tell, i don't want to predict doom and gloom as they haven't kicked a ball yet in this new incarnation. We have more issues in wing back and defensive midfield positions and I don't see the level of focus being applied to those roles as far as the coaching staff is concerned.

The only plus i see is a German as a fitness coach. I see the medical staff back on-board. The less said about that the better.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2016, 11:21:21 AM »
These buffoons at the TTFA sure go out their way to insult the masses SMFH

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »

That would have made sense if we had a true goal scorer that we can rely on. All that speed without a clinical finisher amounts to nothing. If there was a Glen or a Jorsling in the mix then maybe yea we definitely have someone who we can have a level of confidence in to finish with some level of consistency. Plaza has good speed but has balance and pivot issues. Winchester in addition to speed has a low centre of gravity and strength but his technique is poor. Caesar similar to Winchester and all three lack a bit of composure in front of goal.

Time will tell, i don't want to predict doom and gloom as they haven't kicked a ball yet in this new incarnation. We have more issues in wing back and defensive midfield positions and I don't see the level of focus being applied to those roles as far as the coaching staff is concerned.

The only plus i see is a German as a fitness coach. I see the medical staff back on-board. The less said about that the better.
really, Winchester has speed? Well that's news to me. If my memory serves me right I seem to remember Winchester having problems getting past defenders, same for plaza. The only player here that I could say for certain has some speed would be Caesar, and in my opinion Kenny is the fastest forward we have to date none being faster than him, not even cornel glen. these people who governs Trinidad football have no class and no sense.

1]; } ?>