April 24, 2024, 05:32:44 PM

Author Topic: How much money has the PNM allocated to the TTFA & Football to date?  (Read 4633 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Out of curiosity and not to make this political, because I know it have a set of blind partisan supporters of both parties on here..

But how much was allocated to sport and football as a whole? How much money has the ttfa received?

Nowhere have I read anything about the sports minister talking about this, I see him shake the Dictator hand. That's it... unless it's all a secret how much they receiving..

So all the partisan supporters who campaigned endlessly on this board, enlighten me about this because I'm curious about the supposedly cash strapped ttfa?

It's a simple question really, what was the budget for sport and what was allocated from that to the ttfa for football?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 12:05:31 PM by Controversial »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How much money has the PNM allocated to the TTFA & Football to date?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 12:41:09 PM »
My goodness mate give it a rest already. you sound like a man possessed. At this point there's absolutely nothing you can do your friend was fired and he's not coming back, neither is DJW going anywhere soon so rake a chill pill and enjoy the bumpy ride and stop being so annoying.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 02:30:51 PM »
My goodness mate give it a rest already. you sound like a man possessed. At this point there's absolutely nothing you can do your friend was fired and he's not coming back, neither is DJW going anywhere soon so rake a chill pill and enjoy the bumpy ride and stop being so annoying.

It's a simple question, why you deflecting and being evasive?

You're acting like it's a complex answer I'm looking for...

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 04:08:40 PM »
Google is your friend sir. Go check the national budget and see how much was given for sports etc and then research some more and see how much was given to ttfa. It shouldn't be that hard.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 04:10:37 PM »
Unless of course you are saying that the PNM needs to pay special attention to football? If that is what you are saying then I can't help you there. I don't think the government, pnm or otherwise have any special interest in any one particular sport that warrants its added attention and interest.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 04:21:11 PM »
Unless of course you are saying that the PNM needs to pay special attention to football? If that is what you are saying then I can't help you there. I don't think the government, pnm or otherwise have any special interest in any one particular sport that warrants its added attention and interest.

Already googled, it has nowhere where it shows the allocation to the ttfa... nice try though brother, there wasn't anywhere in my post where I asked they pay special attention to football, but I'm asking for a number that nobody seems to have or know...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 04:29:40 PM by Controversial »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2016, 04:31:22 PM »
That figure probably rests somewhere in SPORTT...Remember they also pay pro league fees etc.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2016, 04:35:49 PM »
That figure probably rests somewhere in SPORTT...Remember they also pay pro league fees etc.

So why they don't rest that in the public forum? It's a secret between the government and dictator? It often escapes everyone and still no number has been made public knowledge up to now..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2016, 06:23:20 PM »
So PNM and DJW in cohorts to deliberately destroy TT football or sports in general?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2016, 07:26:06 PM »
Contro, ask SPORTT or the Ministry.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2016, 08:05:07 PM »

Ministry of Sport allocate money to football. The Government allocates money to the Ministry of Sport.

Ah really feel Contro understand this concept but yuh know how much he love PNM  :D

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2016, 08:55:23 PM »

Ministry of Sport allocate money to football. The Government allocates money to the Ministry of Sport.

Ah really feel Contro understand this concept but yuh know how much he love PNM  :D

So the minister of sport is not a part of the current government? Stop talking nonsense nah, if you really want to be technical, how much was allocated from the ministry of sport, who by extension is the PNM?

Enlighten us Sando

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2016, 09:00:33 PM »
So PNM and DJW in cohorts to deliberately destroy TT football or sports in general?

Never said that... I asked how much was allocated to football, up to now, man trying to evade the question with irrelevant technicalities..

Still waiting for the answer?

I notice everyone is silent on that...

Sando will throw other talk in the mix and bullshit to evade answering the question...he acting like the minister of sport appoint himself and is a non partisan appointment, asking ridiculous questions, yet he still can't answer directly..
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 09:12:32 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2016, 09:02:19 PM »
Contro, ask SPORTT or the Ministry.

I don't need to, it have die hard partisan supporters of the current government and previous government on here that damn well could answer the question...

Yet no one is answering it...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2016, 10:00:01 PM »
We don't know. Do we?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 01:05:09 PM »
We don't know. Do we?

No we don't and no one has reported it on any papers, nor has the ttfa spoke about it, nor the ministry...

You don't find nothing remotely strange about that?

It's a simple question that no one is answering ....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 02:02:55 PM »
As much as we welcome govt subventions, it has to stop at some point. TTFA and the proleague has never been able to get at least 10 of the most important companies to buy int TT football. We know why. The govt has been helping, but there are other priorities. They have to finish Lara and they have acquired the swimming stadium, the Velodrome and they have complete the hospital in south. To make it worse, the price of oil is less than 50 dollars a barrel. What do expect?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2016, 03:55:30 PM »
As much as we welcome govt subventions, it has to stop at some point. TTFA and the proleague has never been able to get at least 10 of the most important companies to buy int TT football. We know why. The govt has been helping, but there are other priorities. They have to finish Lara and they have acquired the swimming stadium, the Velodrome and they have complete the hospital in south. To make it worse, the price of oil is less than 50 dollars a barrel. What do expect?

The media and govt feed the populous with doom and gloom, recession and shortage.. this is manipulation as a new gas deal has been signed recently.. its a simple question, how much was allocated?

There wasn't argument about how much should be allocated or push back on their lack of allocation... but a simple question, how much?

Btw Hart had companies who were interested but the wrong people have been elected once more, so the private sector in Trinidad closes up because the trust is not there and rightfully so. Elect the right people and the sport will benefit, the corrupt cabal have prevented progress by electing puppets...

puppets that take orders very well and are happy to receive their money under the table to ensure things are controlled... there is no free reign in Trinidad football, if there was, Trinidad would be neck and neck with Mexico at the top of the table in the hex, our football and its progress is capped, restrained..

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 06:25:14 PM »
I don't think anyone will answer.

It is a good question.

If you could get the answer through a reporter or direct contact would be good. Answer may be easier to come by than you think.

Do we still have any arrangements where coaches or vendors are paid directly by MoS or SPORTT could be another question.

Regardless of the answer more important would just be transparency since that is supposed to be one of the differences we are promised moving forward.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 06:57:30 PM »
Contro, miss me with that bs about Hart had companies lined up but the trust wasn't there.

Corporate Trinidad is known to be the biggest bandwagonist in the the entire country.

They usually only get involved when they can hitch their wagon on the next best thing.

Remember this is Trinidad we talking about. Corporate Trinidad's idea of marketing is half naked promo girls. No matter the product, promo girls. No matter the weather, promo girls.

We have athletes who going Olympics and can't even come out of their heats but are Atlantic LNG "ambassadors".

If I remember correctly corporate trinidad took a liking immediately to "me mum". Me wonders why? Aint many "Me mums" on the team anymore.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 06:58:24 PM »
Today TTFA financial statements were published in the Express. I'll try to scan it soon.

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 06:58:38 PM »
Contro, also available to you is the freedom of information act.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 07:17:17 PM »
Contro, miss me with that bs about Hart had companies lined up but the trust wasn't there.

Corporate Trinidad is known to be the biggest bandwagonist in the the entire country.

They usually only get involved when they can hitch their wagon on the next best thing.

Remember this is Trinidad we talking about. Corporate Trinidad's idea of marketing is half naked promo girls. No matter the product, promo girls. No matter the weather, promo girls.

We have athletes who going Olympics and can't even come out of their heats but are Atlantic LNG "ambassadors".

If I remember correctly corporate trinidad took a liking immediately to "me mum". Me wonders why? Aint many "Me mums" on the team anymore.

Wrong people selected to run our football, I've had private convos but they won't fund people like the dictator.. we had other candidates that ran that were more likely to get the support... however, the football fraternity opted to go for the most underhanded, so don't expect corporate TT to put money into his regime..

Has nothing to do with race... btw
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 07:26:54 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 07:19:19 PM »
Today TTFA financial statements were published in the Express. I'll try to scan it soon.

Much appreciated but that may or may not include the allocation, let's check it out and see

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 07:25:00 PM »
Contro, also available to you is the freedom of information act.

Does the dictator understand this? Or our government, fully?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 07:50:18 PM »
Contro, it may not have anything to do with race but definitely class. Take the pro league for instance. Yes the crowds are not there but shouldn't corporate tnt atleast show their support. Even if that involves minimal sponsorship. Funny they somehow find the money for other sports and other athletes. The fact remains that corporate sponsorship in tnt is not black and white.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 08:22:59 PM »
Contro, it may not have anything to do with race but definitely class. Take the pro league for instance. Yes the crowds are not there but shouldn't corporate tnt atleast show their support. Even if that involves minimal sponsorship. Funny they somehow find the money for other sports and other athletes. The fact remains that corporate sponsorship in tnt is not black and white.

Skeene is another one that is not trusted, the idea for the streaming of the pro league was my idea I discussed with them many years ago in their offices that they were suppose to collaborate with me on but never contacted me back and they faltered on implementation and were clueless to how to market the league after that..

Corporate TT knows they are inept and giving money to individuals who are not honest will only result in their money going to waste with no results and very little benefit to the corporation.. there's a way to do it but I would only share that idea with people who are willing to listen and work together and are on a non destructive path for our football..

So class has nothing to do with it, it's the people in charge and how they are running our sport...

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 08:24:15 PM »
So..hear wha going on.

My scanner too small to scan the whole newspaper page. I had to fold it in half to try to get it..and it being 4 pages...so its 8 files. I couldnt really rejoin that well...but....also due to where the folds happened....it still not as coherent. I hadda cook for work in the morning.....so...really...I eh have time to fight up.

Look a link for a PDF that I put the pics that I scanned. Its from sendspace.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/af2ilk

Specifically to reference the topic...this is for financial statement  for year ended December 2015. Meaning last year.

The statement of comprehensive income and accumulated deficit.

Income                                         2015                             2014
Grants                                        $7,958,216                      $15,980,871
Gate Receipts                               $3,573,288                     $2,214,698
Subscriptions and fees                  $436,725                         $48,100
Donations                                   $341,840                         $112,000
Reversal of liabilities: (Note 8)        $40,182,873                     
Other Income                               $164,305                        $529,727
Interest Income                           $690                                 $79

Total                                         $52,657,937                       $18,885,475

Hopefully its clear enough for the discussion to proceed intelligently.
Unfortunately I have to prepare food to go on the plantation tomorrow.

But I'll assume that any government contribution would be under grants. And given that this was up to the end of 2015...this may still be under or from the PP. It gave an approximately 50% cut in the grants total.

On an aside....I went to check for this statement on TTFA website....the old one is kinda unavailable(www.ttffonline)....so I think this implicitly means this eh even available online.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2016, 08:31:02 PM »

Skeene is another one that is not trusted, the idea for the streaming of the pro league was my idea I discussed with them many years ago in their offices that they were suppose to collaborate with me on but never contacted me back and they faltered on implementation and were clueless to how to market the league after that..

Corporate TT knows they are inept and giving money to individuals who are not honest will only result in their money going to waste with no results and very little benefit to the corporation.. there's a way to do it but I would only share that idea with people who are willing to listen and work together and are on a non destructive path for our football..

So class has nothing to do with it, it's the people in charge and how they are running our sport...

Dexter Skeene is a former St Mary's College student who went to Columbia University(Ivy League). You sure you know what you talking about when you say not to be trusted? This isn't someone from behind-the-bridge with a dodgy past and record. He is also a former national player. Give people a little more credit.

The problem with corporate trinidad is the need for wine and jam. Also, football I am guessing unlike other sports really wouldn't provide corporate trinidad with the necessary control and accountability that other sports may allow. You do realise that corporate trinidad is all about wine and jam right. How much wine and jam you can have with football?
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 08:32:44 PM by congo »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2016, 08:38:22 PM »

Dexter Skeene is a former St Mary's College student who went to Columbia University(Ivy League). You sure you know what you talking about when you say not to be trusted? This isn't someone from behind-the-bridge with a dodgy past and record. He is also a former national player. Give people a little more credit.

The problem with corporate trinidad is the need for wine and jam. Also, football I am guessing unlike other sports really wouldn't provide corporate trinidad with the necessary control and accountability that other sports may allow. You do realise that corporate trinidad is all about wine and jam right. How much wine and jam you can have with football?

I know a lot of people from behind the bridge with equal or better qualifications, so going to an Ivy League school doesn't guarantee that you are not unscrupulous in your dealings... nor does it mean you will run a business well... gates didn't finish but is richer and a better business man than most who have their doctorate or masters....

Like I said, someone's education doesn't mean they are a person of honour... I don't know skeene personally in that way to judge him but I know what some in the business communtiy are not willing to do because certain people run certain sports orgs, I also know my personal experience with the pro league and what was done.. formal education or no formal education

1]; } ?>