April 24, 2024, 07:31:09 PM

Author Topic: Mexican League  (Read 10606 times)

Offline StarKid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jayson Joseph expected to sign with Mexican club
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 12:40:07 PM »
they must need agents. what u mean dont need agents?
Who will see them. its the agent who go to clubs and speak on behalf of the player, as well as send dem video clips and stuff in order to get the trials.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »
I'm not aware of any licensed agent in T&t. In fact I don't believe agents need a licence here. I know one or two decent guys who assist players, but I don't know how much they charge (if anything). To be honest, most players in T&T really don't need agents.

Strongly disagree... and we wonder why our football not being taken seriously, how can it when we refuse to treat football as a "profession".  Every professional athlete needs to have an agent to help negotiate the best circumstance for the player.  Without an agent who is going to handle contract negotiations? Arrange scouting and trials?  Who will pursue the interest of the player when said interest is averse to the club's interest?  Who will stand up to management on behalf of the player?

As for local agents... not sure who is on the ground in TnT, but there are foreign based agents who are representing players in TnT, and it's not all the likes of Mike Berry and other Jack Warner sycophants.  Happened upon this site while looking up info on Andy Salandy tonigth.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 05:31:14 AM »
Joseph keen to return to North East.
By: Shaun Fuentes.

Despite being unable to secure a contract after completing his trial in Mexico, T&T Olympic team midfielder Jayson Joseph is eager to put on the North East Stars strip in the upcoming T&T Pro League season.

The ex-T&TEC player will be one of Angus Eve’s attractions in his squad which includes a line up of local talent including Cornell Glen, Micah Lewis and Kerry Baptiste among others. “I’m still looking forward to rejoining North East.

I’ve played under Angus Eve at the national level and we have a good understanding. “Hopefully I can continue where I left off and bring something extra to the club and help them win trophies this season.

“I’m really excited about the coming season because I believe there are opportunities waiting to be taken and it’s a good chance for players like me to follow our dreams,” Joseph said.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:08 AM »
I'm not aware of any licensed agent in T&t. In fact I don't believe agents need a licence here. I know one or two decent guys who assist players, but I don't know how much they charge (if anything). To be honest, most players in T&T really don't need agents.

Strongly disagree... and we wonder why our football not being taken seriously, how can it when we refuse to treat football as a "profession".  Every professional athlete needs to have an agent to help negotiate the best circumstance for the player.  Without an agent who is going to handle contract negotiations? Arrange scouting and trials?  Who will pursue the interest of the player when said interest is averse to the club's interest?  Who will stand up to management on behalf of the player?

As for local agents... not sure who is on the ground in TnT, but there are foreign based agents who are representing players in TnT, and it's not all the likes of Mike Berry and other Jack Warner sycophants.  Happened upon this site while looking up info on Andy Salandy tonigth.
"Ah We" Tobago boy.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2012, 10:56:52 AM »

Having dealt with agents, both good and bad, the problem that players have is how to tell the difference. Certainly, for talented players moving overseas to fair sized clubs, an agent is essential. The question that players should ask and clubs usually do ask is: Is this move for the benefit of me, or the agent?
I have seen very talented youngsters move from League 1 to the EPL and never play a game. In one instance the player went off the rails as his salary as a 17 year old went from £500 per week to £20,000. He partied a lot, got some injuries in training, got released and never fulfilled his potential. He just wasn't ready for the EPL.

A few years later, a young lad named Matt Jarvis was attracting interest from EPL clubs. I advised his parents to let him go to a big Championship team, learn the game and then move up. He went to Wolves, got promoted and played for England. An agent was involved, but the parents guided him all the way.

In the first case, it was my belief that the move was wrong for the club and wrong for the player, but it was great for the agent.

In T&T, most players know all of the Pro League coaches and can negotiate their own deals. Its usually a case of "this is what we can offer, take it or leave it"

But Pro League clubs need to promote their players and handle negotiations. Obviously, there could be examples of the clubs acting in their best interests instead of the players. If thats the case, they should be exposed. But players from T&T don't usually attract big fees. It's the sell on fee that matters to Pro League clubs and that doesn't need to involve an agent.

I have advised Trinis on moves to the Far East and in most cases, my advice was "don't do it". The agents involved wanted 10% of the players salary, which I don't believe is fair. Agents should be paid by the club or from the players signing bonus.

I don't oppose agents, if fact we worked through an agent to sign Graham Rix, but I also don't believe that agents are always essential. My litmus test for an agent is simple: what will he do for you when you are released? There are endless stories about young lads moving overseas and when they get released they have no income and no ticket home.

An agent has great responsibility and the good ones work hard for their money. The bad ones move from country to country, make a few bucks and move on.

This is only my opinion, and I'm sure many of you will feel differently.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Mexican Clausura 2nd Leg
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 09:12:04 PM »
Cruz Azul vs America.

Cruz Azul had this in the bag, and America score 2 in the 89th and 93rd minute to tie it on aggregate and send it to extra time.

They calling it an own goal, but the keeper run up and his header was going in touch or no touch.
the atmosphere in the Azteca is amazing.

1st half of extra time still going on Univision, America down to 10 men since the 15th minute
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:48:49 PM by Bitter »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexican Clausura 2nd Leg
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 09:39:38 PM »
Penalties!

Cruz Azul - Save by the keeper!
America  - Goal
Cruz Azul - slip as he kicks - Over the Bar!
America  - Goal
Cruz Azul - Goal
America  - Goal
Cruz Azul - Goal
America  - for the championship....riot police already in place...
Gooooooooooooooooooooolllllllll
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 09:44:33 PM by Bitter »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 09:48:02 PM »
Why this fella etching the name on the trophy in the rain?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 06:32:00 PM »
Goalkeeper did a superman and score yes
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Paraguay’s Darío Verón accused of calling opponent ‘a monkey
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2015, 04:30:44 AM »
Paraguay’s Darío Verón accused of calling opponent ‘a monkey
The Guardian

Officials from Mexican football’s disciplinary committee are investigating the Pumas captain Darío Verón after he was accused of making racist comments by Club América players during the second leg of a Liga MX semi-final on Sunday.

The América goalkeeper Moisés Muñoz alleged the Paraguay international called Darwin Quintero a “monkey”, while the complaint submitted to the league also included accusations the defender also insulted Michael Arroyo.

Verón has denied the allegations, stating he did not approach Quintero during the match. “I’m calm because I didn’t say anything,” he said. “I didn’t do anything. I didn’t get into it with them, and surely they don’t know how to lose. Nothing more.”

Pumas lost the second leg 3-1 but progressed to next week’s two-leg final against Tigres after winning the first leg 3-0.

Mexico probes Pumas player racism claim
AFP & tenSport

Mexican government and football authorities are investigating claims that Pumas captain Dario Veron used racial slurs against two black players from Club America during last weekend's league semi-final game.

Veron, a Paraguayan defender, is accused of making discriminatory insults against Carlos Darwin Quintero of Colombia and Ecuador's Michael Arroyo during Sunday's game between the Mexico City arch-rivals.

Quintero said Veron called him an "ape," a charge that Pumas denied.

The governmental National Council to Prevent Discrimination said Monday it was investigating the "alleged racists comments" by Veron against Quintero. It did not say what kind of sanctions could be imposed.

The Mexican football federation's disciplinary committee said it was investigating "alleged acts of discrimination" by Veron against Quintero as well as Arroyo.

A federation spokesman said the committee may issue a decision on Wednesday on the eve of the final.

Pumas lost the semi-final's second leg 3-1 but won on aggregate 4-3, advancing to the final against Tigres of Monterrey, which will be played over two games on Thursday and Sunday.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Mexican League
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2016, 09:29:30 PM »

Prior to yesterday's LigaMX match between Atlas and Pumas, Felipe Baloy (Atlas) refused to shake hands with Darío Verón (Pumas). When Baloy played with Santos, he accused Verón (who is Pumas' captain) of racial abuse and spitting at/on him. Baloy says he won't forgive or forget (the incident occurred in 2010).

Darío Verón is the same player accused of racial abuse by two other players (Carlos Darwin Quintero and Michael Arroyo; both of Club América) in December. (Quintero was a teammate of Baloy's at Santos).

See the immediately previous post.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 09:41:08 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2016, 05:41:19 AM »
U.S. Abroad: New barriers on Americans moving to Mexico
By Paul Kennedy, Soccer America.

Mexico's Liga MX resumes this weekend with the start of its 2016 Torneo Apertura. More Americans are playing in the top level of Mexico soccer than in any other foreign league in the world. But new rules will slow the tide of Mexican-Americans to clubs south of the border.

In 1998, the Mexican government changed its laws to allow dual citizenship, enabling U.S.-born Mexican-Americans to obtain Mexican citizenship and making them attractive to Mexican clubs. They have recruited aggressively in the United States, scouting at showcases to attract young Americans into their academy programs.

But recent enforcement of FIFA's Article 19, introduced in 2001 to protect minors in reaction to what was described as human trafficking in soccer, means that most Mexican clubs are no longer able to register players under the age of 18 residing in the United States.

U.S. internationals in Liga MX:
GP PLAYER, CURRENT CLUB
253 Jose Torres, Tigres
235 Edgar Castillo, Monterrey
160 Michael Orozco, Tijuana
97 William Yarbrough, Leon
67 Greg Garza, Tijuana
52 Jonathan Bornstein,  Queretaro
49 Paul Arriola, Tijuana
38 Ventura Alvarado, Club America
22 Omar Gonzalez, Pachuca
9 Luis Gil, Queretaro
8 Miguel Ibarra, Leon

Players who came as minors include Ventura Alvarado, Edgar Castillo and Jose Torres, who have all parlayed their success in Mexico into significant roles on the U.S. national team. None would be allowed to move to Mexico before their 18th birthday under the FIFA rule finally being enforced.

An exception for players living near the border and moving to a club nearby on the other side of the border allows Tijuana to recruit minors from Southern California. It started seven Americans, including U.S. international Paul Arriola, in the second leg of the 2016 final of Mexico's Sub-20 championship.

A bigger long-term issue may be Mexico's new 10/8 rule, which requires that Liga MX clubs must dress a minimum of eight players who are Mexican-born. Until this year, Mexican roster rules limited clubs to five foreigners. Mexican-Americans did not count as foreigners, nor did naturalized Mexicans from other countries.

The new rule was intended to cut down on the number of imports from South American countries who took out Mexican citizenship and no longer counted against the five-player limit. But swept up in the new rule are Americans who moved to Mexico after their 19th birthday.

Mexican-Americans are still considered Mexican players for the purposes of the 10/8 rule if they had not turned 19 when they first registered in Mexico. That would include many of the players at Tijuana, like Alejandro Guido,John Requejo and Arriola, who signed with Xolos after their senior years at California high schools.

But players who move to Mexican clubs when they are older -- like Jonathan Bornstein, Luis Gil, Omar Gonzalez and Jorge Villafana after successful MLS careers -- are no longer considered Mexicans for the 10/8 rule but instead count against the limit of 10 foreigners on a game day roster.

That won't prevent players of Mexican descent from moving to Mexico. It just means they will have to compete against the pool of all other possible foreigners to gain the attention of Mexican clubs.

"I'm not a Mexican-American anymore," Tijuana's Greg Garza, who was 20 when he signed with Tijuana from Portugal's Estoril, told ESPN FC. "I'm a foreigner now."

Hercules Gomez, who also parlayed his success into Mexico into a trip on the U.S. national team to the 2010 World Cup and is back in MLS after playing for six Mexican clubs, told ESPN FC he would have never moved to Mexico if the current rules were in place and added that the transfer of Gonzalez, who helped Pachuca win the 2016 Torneo Clausura, would have never happened.

To believe Gomez, the effect of FIFA's Article 19 and Mexico's new 10/8 rule is that all Mexican-Americans under the age of 18 except Tijuana's Southern Californians and over 19 will be barred from moving to Mexico.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2016, 08:41:04 AM »
... So what may happen is some may move closer to the border, if highly motivated.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2016, 08:20:12 PM »
Anybody viewing de final? Ah appetizer for the Premier League session tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 08:22:21 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2016, 09:04:27 PM »
9 v 9. A slew of red cards pass. 106' in second period of extra time.

When van Basten sees this he will have more than enough support for his proposal to restrict complaints with refs to captains only.

Disgrace to the game.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 11:18:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2016, 04:24:46 PM »
I was lucky to see both legs by accident in the same sports bar while visiting Atlanta.

Was real bachanal with the melee at the end! I was rolling with laughter!

On a serious note tho...my long held belief about not causing any drama when taking a PK held strong!

The first America player jumble the whole team!, he put down the ball bout three of four time and only adjusting adjusting it...next the camera show the Tigres' keeper going to goal, then they show the kicker again, with the damn ball in he stupid hand up by he stupid face!! Just put dong the ball and kick yuh gimme penalty nah man!

The rest is history and Club America never looked back from he jumbieng them...man everybody miss man!!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>