March 28, 2024, 05:15:58 PM

Author Topic: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad  (Read 14284 times)

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 07:38:33 AM »
Saintfiet consistent and demands discipline. No individual is bigger than the team. Give this coach some credit , he is up front with his disciplinary demands and it augurs well for the future. A. B. Trini is spot on in his contribution.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:23 AM »
I prefer if you not motivated to come to work you say so and don't come.
I don't fault Jones or Molino and appreciate they not making a fuss by causing any more trouble saying WHY be it the coach, President or otherwise. I am pretty sure they work hard for their clubs so this specific to not being able to take our approach seriously based on a whole heap of nonsense.

I can't fault the coach much for his selection, I actually think the discipline and selection based on what he is seeing is a good thing.
I can fault him for not inviting KJ, Jan Michael and Central players to the Jan 1st camp and his head will be on a stick if his current goalkeepers contribute to any failure to qualify.

At least he brave enough.
If we don't qualify for the GC are we waiting for March to replace.  More importantly what exactly is the contingency plan for replacement.... :thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

I want us to win. I see some hope in how we played in the 2nd game and the players on the squad will fight. Results are the only thing that matter at this point in time.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2017, 07:52:21 AM »
Bravo Mr.Saintfiet!!!
Drop all the c - - - s with the "star boi"and I am bigger than the game attitude,TT means nothing to me.This is the time to start building with the people who wants to represent with heart and soul,that counts just as much as skill.Win lose or draw we must continue use players who wants to play.We must remember the best team we ever had,was all home grown talents,only Nahkid was a pro but wasn't he troublemaker,hope we qualify for the GC,and stick two fingers at those idiots.I totally agree with the players selected.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2017, 08:15:10 AM »
Given the current scenario I want the team to do better than ever now. I want fellas who not motivated to feel the burn of success without them and see them begging to come back in.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2017, 11:58:09 AM »
If them only knew how great they could really be if they just focused for a couple of years yeh....Jeez...>Dey does hurt meh heart bad.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2017, 01:19:13 PM »
Given the current scenario I want the team to do better than ever now. I want fellas who not motivated to feel the burn of success without them and see them begging to come back in.
E X A C T L Y!

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2017, 01:26:21 PM »
If them only knew how great they could really be if they just focused for a couple of years yeh....Jeez...>Dey does hurt meh heart bad.
My heart is also in pain,I just don't know how anybody could treat their country with so much disrespect,just because of their attitude,I would like us to qualify for GC and WC,let's see how they feel then.I know that looks impossible at the moment,but sports have a way of bringing people back to earth with a big bump. :(

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2017, 01:52:17 PM »
People acting like if things happen in some sort of vacuum

Local based players get contracts to go abroad and see how things are done both ON AND OFF the field.

Then they compare that to what exists back home.

The TTFA doh give a f**k about qualifying for Russia 2018.....so why should these players?

They see themselves as being pawns in a game played by the corrupt and inept.

The rewards of their labor are largely reaped by those in administrative power.

So they look out for themselves first and foremost.  Why should they sacrifice and work hard for "country" when same country does little or nothing to support them, so called supporters call them shit hound and sell out at the slightest sign of adversity, their administrators running the game locally into the ground, as long as they get paid, and local supporters don't care enough to come out and support the local pro league.

I not condoning the players behavior, but instead of banning and acting all high and mighty, maybe you might want to look at getting your own house in order first. Players always get the blame when often, the administrators just as much, if not more, to blame.

I don't blame Saintfiet. Is not his job to get the TTFA in order, but the same way he allegedly consult with locals with knowledge about who should get selected, he could also look at the totality of the situation. 

The question he and others must ask is, why so many players not that honored to represent T&T?  The answer(s) might be revealing

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2017, 02:37:29 PM »
Tired of the continued indiscipline in all levels of our sports administrations. Who is to blame the administrators or the players for the present situation in the football, analogous to the chicken and egg situation. In the end and as we try to qualify for the Gold Cup and World Cup, the new coach can only be held responsible for what he has control over. He would be foolish to go into a game with players who show no dedication, desire or want to be on the field.

I will be accepting of the results with this group of players and hold out hope that we can still qualify for the Gold Cup, at a minimum, but I am not underestimating our chances.

Blessings
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2017, 02:44:42 PM »
I will be accepting of the results with this group of players and hold out hope that we can still qualify for the Gold Cup, at a minimum, but I am not underestimating our chances.

For me accepting of the current players efforts yes.
Coach maybe with the exception of goalkeeping and forward positions since it have journeyman he blank for no objective reason related to discipline.
Administration.....no bly at all. You change coaches at this juncture when results are required so 100% accountability for their part in any outcome...which goes both ways if things go well which hopefully it does.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2017, 02:47:55 PM »
Palos,

What does that have to do with indiscipline? How is that connected to showing up to a training session smelling of alcohol or not showing up at all. That is down to the character and discipline of the individual. These are not disciplined individuals and it shows time and time again. What may happen is that they are comfortable with the level of the mls so they wouldn't do anything to jeopardize that income but give that time as well. This groups of reeks of people who have very little to show in terms of football achievement or  even talent but somehow given off the impression that they have arrived.

Sheldon Bateau is probably the player playing at the highest level on that team and yet we don't seem to have any disciplinary problems from him. He's coming from RUSSIA to play ball and we have never had any problems with him. That is humbleness and discipline. Maybe it is difference in upbringing. Personally, I think Bateau should be captain. He's 25 and already has a bright future ahead of him.

Where is Lester Peltier anyway....Another one who break meh heart.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:07 PM »
Palos,

Don't forget that these are not players with dual nationality etc. They need the caps. Whether or not TTFA in order they still need to wear the national colours in order to have a chance of securing a work permit etc. This is not no jokey matter. If they serious about football then they would realise that past 25+ and still playing in MLS is not an option. They already too old.  But some have shown a serious lack of ambition so there is that as well. The wake up call will come when they end back up in the pro league fighting for "sweat". This football life not easy. Somebody needs to advise these boys who pretending to be men.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
I guess these guys are happy with the MLS, USL and NASL as its more money than they ever earned in their life. Hell some even happy with TT Pro League and prefer that than Costa Rica. As far as I'm concerned Molino should never be allowed to wear the national shirt again EVER. Too many indiscretions. Look at Mekeil Williams after he finally got to the MLS, he fell off the boil after an initial good start but sat on the bench for the second half of the season,  now on the hunt for a new club. Hart dropped him and even Saintfeit didn't pick him for his final squad. Look how long Joevin take before someone took a chance on him, ended the season on a high then basically spat on the national team shirt. Another who should NEVER be allowed to play again imo. Really sad state of events. Good luck to these new guys, I really hope they pull through.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 03:31:53 PM »
I cannot wait to hear the spin that Controversial puts on the omission of four players with W Connection links, lol.

ah love it!!

Molino and certain players knew Hart was going to be fired and decided to not care anymore... as they know the dictator up to his tricks..

The reason none of them taking it seriously is because the dictator is there as president ...

The lack of commitment was sorted until the dictator entered the picture..

You notice how Andre conveniently leaves out Kenwyne jones and his statement when he was dropped, he chose not to speak out at this time or buss the files on the corrupt admin...

So if you think it's player indiscipline alone, it's no respect shown to djw and his cabal ... as they knew what his end objective was..

Digest that if yuh intelligent enough to understand it..

So how do you address the fact that they are all players with W Connection links?

You just answered it for yourself without thinking.. why do you think they knew? Especially the connection players..

Use your brains nah.. ent the dictator fixing the situation with Cyrus now...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 03:40:09 PM »
It is rather disappointing to read of the players who allegedly are not motivated to represent their country. It seems like a denouncing of the highest honour as an athlete to wear that jersey and play for ones country.
 We may not know or have the opportunity to hear from the players but whatever the reasons  the optics of this does not set a positive trend for our skilled players. How quickly they forget that where that are today in part may have been their representation for TNT on a bigger stage.
Too often this alleged snubbery of country is raising its nasty head- recall Keon Daniels - how many times did he refuse and simply did not turn up?

Politics and sports should not intertwine within the decision making for a player . Nor should a country be held at ransom by players who believe
that their worth is above all others. I strongly support a coach who could take a stance to omit these players and begin the mentality which has been pervasive in our football legacy - the ' star boi'
With the eradication of these dissidents I would hope that we could begin to see an era of a more cohesive structured team where scoring is by committee rather than on the reliance of few.
When I follow international football it is with pride to see our national players on an international stage today I will not be so filled with zest to watch the MLS teams with these players who allegedly turn their backs on TNT during a time of need.
Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country!
Players ought to make a pledge that outside interference should not get in the way of their burning desire to represent ones country.

All great points but this brings me back to Harts interview with Lasana. Where he outlines how unprofessional the federation is and how badly the players are treated and the lack of insurance, lack of respect and many other factors that clubs hate about the ttfa..

So Glen pointed out that if he saw injured the fed didn't care, it doesn't provide comfort for players..

Now if the ttfa created a good environment like the US or another developed nation, then the players would have nothing to gripe about..

However, that is not case, because we had guys like the dictator who create toxic environments and our govts who have the money but don't invest in making sport a priority..

So yes the players are at fault but you also have to look at the entire picture..
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:49:44 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 03:46:54 PM »
Palos,

Don't forget that these are not players with dual nationality etc. They need the caps. Whether or not TTFA in order they still need to wear the national colours in order to have a chance of securing a work permit etc. This is not no jokey matter. If they serious about football then they would realise that past 25+ and still playing in MLS is not an option. They already too old.  But some have shown a serious lack of ambition so there is that as well. The wake up call will come when they end back up in the pro league fighting for "sweat". This football life not easy. Somebody needs to advise these boys who pretending to be men.

Under what conditions though? Palos said it best, men not realizing what it's like to play under a corrupt micro manager..

This whole thing was a sabotage..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 03:48:37 PM »
People acting like if things happen in some sort of vacuum

Local based players get contracts to go abroad and see how things are done both ON AND OFF the field.

Then they compare that to what exists back home.

The TTFA doh give a f**k about qualifying for Russia 2018.....so why should these players?

They see themselves as being pawns in a game played by the corrupt and inept.

The rewards of their labor are largely reaped by those in administrative power.

So they look out for themselves first and foremost.  Why should they sacrifice and work hard for "country" when same country does little or nothing to support them, so called supporters call them shit hound and sell out at the slightest sign of adversity, their administrators running the game locally into the ground, as long as they get paid, and local supporters don't care enough to come out and support the local pro league.

I not condoning the players behavior, but instead of banning and acting all high and mighty, maybe you might want to look at getting your own house in order first. Players always get the blame when often, the administrators just as much, if not more, to blame.

I don't blame Saintfiet. Is not his job to get the TTFA in order, but the same way he allegedly consult with locals with knowledge about who should get selected, he could also look at the totality of the situation. 

The question he and others must ask is, why so many players not that honored to represent T&T?  The answer(s) might be revealing

Brilliant  :beermug:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 03:58:07 PM »
Contro, don't come with that bs.....Bostick's lack of interest may be because of an unprofessional federation etc.

Jones et al behaviour has nothing to do with the TTFA. It has all to do with the fact that they are unprofessional .You breaking camp to go a boat cruise is no frigging protest whatsoever. You wanted to go that boat ride.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 06:42:05 PM »
Contro, don't come with that bs.....Bostick's lack of interest may be because of an unprofessional federation etc.

Jones et al behaviour has nothing to do with the TTFA. It has all to do with the fact that they are unprofessional .You breaking camp to go a boat cruise is no frigging protest whatsoever. You wanted to go that boat ride.

They are not unprofessional with their clubs so I'm not sure it is anything inherent with them.

An employers environment affects staff particularly when they are asked to give 110% and then still be subjected to boos from their own countrymen or have people come on a board tear them down.
At some point if it is not a positive experience motivation drops regardless of how much an honour we say it is. It stops being an honour when people are disrespecting you not so?
This is not a first it has been happening with players/TTFA forever.
When they don't respect the organization then they take liberties with their actions or just don't give a frig about administrators or fickle fans.

Between Tim Kee and DJW we are supposed to be turning over a new leaf and putting things in place so we can get the best out of our footballers. It is not in our best interest to have players turned off with the way things run though I have to say not many coming outright to say that. Just hints that causing us to speculate. I guess they to blame for not having FPATT in place so they don't have any standards to demand as a group.

It will have some who wouldn't be committed regardless and time will tell if Molino and Jones in that category but with a positive environment and some professionalism these guys will fall in line easily. I don't think they anywhere near troublemakers like the current assistant coach used to be  ;D

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 07:45:14 PM »
Yesterday I was on a Boat Ride, on Harbour Master boat between 1 to 5 pm and about 3 pm Joevin was on a jetski in the water surrounding the boat as well as Khaleem Hyland, he was on the boat ride as a patron.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 07:48:17 PM »
Oh yes Trini football is de bess, is de bess is de bess, Trini football is de bess....aiyee aiyee

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 07:49:35 PM »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 07:57:54 PM »
https://youtu.be/781JYte435o
This had way more spectators than a Pro League game

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2017, 08:17:37 PM »
And when I spoke about the carenage crew people were annoyed and perturbed but look at these players blanking the goal cup just to hang out and play fete matches and cruise the harbor master while bocouad is leaving all the way in England in the middle of his season to come to trinidad to play for a country that he wasn't even raised in.

I Have to say that I am quite disappointed with Sheldon bateau. The coach should never pick any of the carenage crew, for that matter none of these guys. I hope to heavens that old man Carlos and cornell glen could pull off the impossible with this b team so they could watch the gold cup and the World Cup on the harbor master TV. Blooming idiots.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #54 on: January 02, 2017, 08:18:57 PM »
https://youtu.be/781JYte435o
This had way more spectators than a Pro League game

Because it's grassroots community football, real, zero tampering

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: January 02, 2017, 08:22:24 PM »
And when I spoke about the carenage crew people were annoyed and perturbed but look at these players blanking the goal cup just to hang out and play fete matches and cruise the harbor master while bocouad is leaving all the way in England in the middle of his season to come to trinidad to play for a country that he wasn't even raised in.

I Have to say that I am quite disappointed with Sheldon bateau. The coach should never pick any of the carenage crew, for that matter none of these guys. I hope to heavens that old man Carlos and cornell glen could pull off the impossible with this b team so they could watch the gold cup and the World Cup on the harbor master TV. Blooming idiots.

Hart is the man... the dictator will fall, so shall it be written, so shall it be done...

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 02, 2017, 09:00:38 PM »
AMATEURS AMATEURS AMATEURS !!!!!!!!!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 02, 2017, 09:10:29 PM »
there seem to be a pattern with saintfiet, with Bangladesh he cut 5 top players an gave Bhutan their first victory ever over Bangladesh, also with togo they never advanced under his coaching, hoping he does not run true to form here...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #58 on: January 02, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »
AMATEURS AMATEURS AMATEURS !!!!!!!!!

Yeah okay Shabazz.. says the man who committed high treason against his nation...

You're lucky you didn't try that in a nation like the US or Canada...  :D

Let's see how far allyuh amateurish so called coaches take this team..

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 02, 2017, 10:26:45 PM »
Mr Saintfiet... good luck! (actually feeling sorry for the fella)

1]; } ?>