March 28, 2024, 07:29:28 AM

Author Topic: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad  (Read 14276 times)

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2017, 11:04:52 PM »
I don't see the issue really.  I'm sure these fellas didn't plan this fete match yesterday.  It's a good thing they doing.  I can't knock them for that, honestly.  They can't not sure up.  For things like this I will give them a break to come in camp a lil later.  Once they do their duty and don't go out drinking and thing.  It's a positive..  I'm for that.  They are grown fellas..treat them with respect even when they drift lil bit. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 01:50:24 AM »
Yesterday I was on a Boat Ride, on Harbour Master boat between 1 to 5 pm and about 3 pm Joevin was on a jetski in the water surrounding the boat as well as Khaleem Hyland, he was on the boat ride as a patron.

The sole issue that "jumps out" at me is whether this constitutes a prohibited activity under his contract. Other than that ...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 06:08:35 AM »
Daneil Cyrus: Clear my name.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

NATIONAL footballer Daneil Cyrus has denied that he showed up to training camp stale drunk on Sunday, saying that everyone knows he does not consume alcohol.

Cyrus and fellow national footballer Jomal Williams were sent home from camp after head coach Tom Saintfeit told the media the pair was smelling of alcohol after arriving to camp at the Cara Suites Hotel in Claxton Bay. Saintfeit stated, “Two players came one and a half hours too late in camp and had still a decent smell of alcohol around them.

That was Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams. Both were immediately sent home, back to party.” Cyrus, giving his version of what transpired on New Year’s Day, said he arrived at camp late because of a flat tyre he got in St Helena and said he was not smelling of alcohol.

Cyrus explained that when he arrived at camp he tried to clear the situation but it proved futile.

The W Connection defender explained, “I went to him (Saintfeit) and he ask me to see the flat tyre and when I was going to show him at the same time he said ‘Jomal you smell like alcohol’ and then Jomal said ‘Yes I had a drink with my family.’ And after that I don’t know if that triggered him off and he told both of us to wait out in the lobby and then he came back and said ‘thanks for everything but you could go back and party.’” Cyrus said he did not expect Saintfeit to react like that.

“I was shocked because he asked me to see the flat tyre in which I was going to show him. He just went off because Jomal was kinda smelling like alcohol - it wasn’t me he was talking to. When I saw the Newsday and everyone say that both of us showed up smelling stink of alcohol I was shocked because if anybody know me, any of my friends, they know I can’t drink and I don’t drink so I don’t know where all this is coming from.

I just want my name to clear up from this because people thinking I showing up in camp drunk and I drink (alcohol). I don’t drink.” Cyrus, despite being snubbed for the upcoming Gold Cup qualifiers against Suriname on Wednesday and Haiti on Sunday, said he is still 100 percent dedicated and eager to represent the national team. “All the time the commitment is there. If they call (me) back tomorrow (I will go back). I just don’t like the fact that the coach never spoke to me about alcohol, it wasn’t me he was talking to and for him to say both players showed up in camp smelling stink of alcohol, that is wrong.

Even one of my friends posted on Facebook and say ‘if you know Cyrus and you’re his friend, Cyrus does drink one cup of something and Cyrus head start to spin.’” The defender is hoping the situation is resolved soon and he will be back in national colours.

“Once this clear up and everything, I am hoping everything works out for me and the team.

Even if he (Saintfeit) does not include me for these two games (Suriname and Haiti) I just hoping the team could qualify for the Gold Cup and I could get back on the squad as soon as possible because my heart is always with the team.” Calls to Williams’ mobile yesterday proved futile as it went straight to voicemail.

TT face Suriname tomorrow at 7 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, and then play Haiti at 5 pm at the same venue in Gold Cup qualifiers.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2017, 06:25:06 AM »
The availability of players outside of designated FIFA windows are at the sole discretion of football clubs around the world.

What I find is that there isn't a lot of clarity of who has been officially made available versus who isn't.

From what I have been told the FA approached MLS clubs (who are in their off season) and responses from the respective teams were mixed. Some clubs said no, others said yes with conditions as they want their players rested.

Hyland and Bateau's clubs said no, even though they are both on winter breaks and the players are both in T&T. Bateau was involved in community football but I not sure if he got his own clearance to participate on his side. On the flip side Boucaud's club gave the OK for him to join the team for the week to play in the qualifiers.

Different players have different contractual arrangements with their clubs. Some cannot participate in any football related activity including international football without club permission while others are not as restricted and only have fitness clauses in their contract. The only leverage the FA has is during official international windows, the next one is in March.

We create our own issues by having to play competitive games outside of the windows, creating all this drama. The FA has to do what it can to try and prepare who is available. We still have to be careful when we see players restricted and are on holiday and suggesting they are not committed.

Some of the feedback from the coach conflicts this though.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 07:52:29 AM »
Some things come through proper planning. If The TTFA were to organize friendlies a year in advance and using the FIFA calendar they would encounter less issues with the release of players.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 06:12:12 AM by MEP »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 08:05:51 AM »
Dred, these men in their mid-20s, making less than $150K a year in the MLS (IN THEIR PRIME YEARS). They not in a position to buss style. This isn't like Yorke and Latas,who had already represented the country for 20 years and made a hell of a lot more money and were likely financially set.

It amazes me how little it takes for some of these people to get an inflated sense of self. Molino in particular, who suffered a serious injury should be more grounded.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 08:31:02 AM »
Dred, these men in their mid-20s, making less than $150K a year in the MLS (IN THEIR PRIME YEARS). They not in a position to buss style. This isn't like Yorke and Latas,who had already represented the country for 20 years and made a hell of a lot more money and were likely financially set.

It amazes me how little it takes for some of these people to get an inflated sense of self. Molino in particular, who suffered a serious injury should be more grounded.

I guess 1 penny more than what an average man earns from their hometown is a big thing for them. Molino $110K and £70K per annum and them fellas settled oui, SMDH See here...http://www.mlsplayers.org/images/September%2015%202016%20Salary%20Information%20-%20Alphabetical.pdf I remember when Yorke was earing £25K per week with Man Utd and Latapy £15K per week at Rangers in his twilight!! Plus them fellas play for more established clubs too. Aston Villa, Man Utd, Porto and Academica!!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 08:36:58 AM by Thomo »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #67 on: January 03, 2017, 08:58:28 AM »
Could it be that these fellas disillusioned by the firing of Hart? They eh like how things went down and now they eh motivated to work with the new regime?

That would also be unprofessional and unfortunate, but it somewhat easier to empathize with than, "they just like a fete."

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 03, 2017, 09:06:34 AM »
Could it be that these fellas disillusioned by the firing of Hart? They eh like how things went down and now they eh motivated to work with the new regime?

That would also be unprofessional and unfortunate, but it somewhat easier to empathize with than, "they just like a fete."

I reckon their might be an element of that but in Molino's case he helped throw Hart under the bus with his antics. However, it definitely is unprofessional and unfortunate to boycott and treat the country with such utter disrespect saying you aren't "motivated" enough to play for the national team. He wasn't so insolent when Adrian Heath get fired by OCSC and Heath was the man that scouted him and took him to the USA. Again when Bertille was fired in 2005, Yorke was pissed off but he eventually became the bigger man and lead the team to the WC. They ent playing for Hart, they playing for their country!! I ent like the best bone in DJW but I love & support TnT and that trumps all the s**t the TTFA have to offer!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 09:55:19 AM by Thomo »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 03, 2017, 09:57:03 AM »

Life is really about perspective, some of these fellas come from real poverty so 150k USD a year is like mini fortune for them. They could look after their families while playing but that wont be nearly enough to take them past retirement.

I always wonder what support structures these players have around them, they have agents i presume, but what about a business manager or an accountant at least to help them manage their finances and affairs and professional decisions? I just get a sense that they kind of operating in the wilderness as their decisions are naive at best.

The FA has not improved their administrative capacity over multiple presidents so I can't even say there has been a decline in our ability to manage players. Over the years players themselves have endured with the FA because they recognized that their professional earning potential has a large part in being active with the national team, even if the FA couldn't be it purposely or circumstantially sufficiently compensate players for representing country.

It just comes across as a lose lose situation for everybody involved.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 03, 2017, 09:58:56 AM »
The availability of players outside of designated FIFA windows are at the sole discretion of football clubs around the world.

What I find is that there isn't a lot of clarity of who has been officially made available versus who isn't.

From what I have been told the FA approached MLS clubs (who are in their off season) and responses from the respective teams were mixed. Some clubs said no, others said yes with conditions as they want their players rested.

Hyland and Bateau's clubs said no, even though they are both on winter breaks and the players are both in T&T. Bateau was involved in community football but I not sure if he got his own clearance to participate on his side. On the flip side Boucaud's club gave the OK for him to join the team for the week to play in the qualifiers.

Different players have different contractual arrangements with their clubs. Some cannot participate in any football related activity including international football without club permission while others are not as restricted and only have fitness clauses in their contract. The only leverage the FA has is during official international windows, the next one is in March.

We create our own issues by having to play competitive games outside of the windows, creating all this drama. The FA has to do what it can to try and prepare who is available. We still have to be careful when we see players restricted and are on holiday and suggesting they are not committed.

Some of the feedback from the coach conflicts this though.
thanks for clearing that up g. I had no idea that bateau and hyland's club did not grant them permission to play in these games and was presumptuous in my assessment of the lads, and for this I apologize to the players. as for Jovin and kevin, I will reserve my comments on them until the situation has come to light. i will be keeping my ears open.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 03, 2017, 11:39:20 AM »
Seattle's Joevin Jones has 'no interest to help his country' - T&T manager
ESPN STAFF

Seattle Sounders left-back Joevin Jones has been dropped from the Trinidad and Tobago squad after new coach Tom Saintfiet accused him of having "no interest" in helping the national team.

The Belgian coach, hired in December after Stephen Hart was sacked, also criticized the commitment of other T&T players and accused at least one of showing up to training smelling of alcohol.

Saintfiet had originally named Jones to the squad that will face Suriname and Haiti this week in crucial playoff matches to qualify for this summer's CONCACAF Gold Cup, but he said on Sunday that Jones did not appear at training as expected this weekend.

"I spoke with him individually and he did not show up at all for the camp," Saintfiet said, according to Wired 868. "So I think he has no interest to help his country to qualify."

Saintfiet said he had allowed Jones to skip the previous week's friendlies against Nicaragua after the 25-year-old had an extended Sounders season that ended with a win on penalties in the MLS Cup final on Dec. 10.

But the coach said he was then disappointed to learn that Jones had played in a friendly with his former club W Connection against the Haiti national team on Friday.

"Joevin is here on holiday and Joevin played, two days ago, a friendly with W Connection against Haiti," Saintfiet said. "So if his club had no problem with him playing a friendly match with a club where he is not registered, I see no problem why he cannot play for his national team...

"I had face-to-face communication with him. I said take a few days off and see you on Jan. 1. I told him where and when and which time [to enter] camp and he never called or informed us in any way that he would not show up."

Saintfiet said he also dropped Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams from the team after they arrived to camp late.

"Two of the players came one and a half hours too late in camp and had still decent smell of alcohol around," he said. "That was Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams. Both were immediately sent home back to party."

Cyrus denied smelling of alcohol and said the coach was referring only to Williams, Wired 868 reported.

Saintfiet also had harsh words for Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino, who he said asked not to be named to the team for this month's qualifiers.

"[Molino] said he was not available [to play] for his country at that point in time," Saintfiet said. "He told me he didn't feel motivated or ready for that. And later, I [heard] he played games at lower league or social level."

Trinidad and Tobago was required to play in the Gold Cup playoffs after a surprise loss to Martinique in October. It must top the three-team group this week to advance to a final playoff against a Central American team.

After Trinidad and Tobago lost its first two games in the final round of CONCACAF World Cup qualifying, federation president David John Williams said that Saintfiet's appointment could be short-term if he does not earn results in March's games against Panama and Mexico.

RELATED NEWS

Joevin: Saintfiet is trying to dirty my name; I always want to play for T&T.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

“I can’t see why Tom [Saintfiet] is saying I am not interested and I don’t want to play for my country. I don’t know why he is trying to turn things on me.”

The following Letter to the Editor was submitted to Wired868 by Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team midfielder Joevin Jones regarding his coach Tom Saintfiet’s claim that the Seattle Sounders player was not interested in representing the Soca Warriors in this week’s Gold Cup playoffs:

I just want to clear my name. I just want to say I always want to play for my country. It’s an honour to play for this country.

First to begin, me and Tom [Saintfiet] talked face to face weeks ago agreeing on me coming to the camp on the 1st [of January]. Yes, I did agree to [that]. But the problem was getting clearance from my team [Seattle Sounders].

After the Trinidad and Tobago team got back from the two friendlies [in Nicaragua] on the 31st [of December], I got a message from my lil brother [and national team player] Alvin that I have to come in camp on the 1st [of January] at 12pm, which was the next day.

I had no info as yet from my club stating if I can go [to camp] or not… [And] why do I have to get a message from my lil brother to come in camp? What about the manager [Azaad Khan]?

My club gave me late clearance on Sunday morning to go. My lil brother was in camp already, so I sent a message with my lil brother stating that I got the clearance and I would be in camp or training the following evening, which he did deliver.

The only reason why I delivered the message back through my lil brother was because they sent one with him. I think they were unprofessional [in doing] that.

The only reason why I played with W Connection [in a friendly against Haiti last week] was because they asked me to train and stay shape for the upcoming game on the 4th against Suriname. So I decided to play the game with W Connection because I can’t watch football because I love the game.

The person who called me to train with Connection called Tom and asked if I could play in the game. The answer I get was: ‘Yes and be careful’.

I risked my contract with Seattle by playing—just to maintain some fitness to feature in the upcoming games. I can’t see why Tom is saying I am not interested and I don’t want to play for my country. I don’t know why he is trying to turn things on me.

I can’t just come in camp just like that. I am under contract with Seattle. They have to give me clearance.

As I said, I got late clearance on Sunday morning. I was on my way to camp on Sunday evening when my lil brother Alvin said to me they don’t want me again. I said no problem.

I think the communication was wrong by sending messages through my lil brother. I don’t see why Tom is trying to dirty my name by saying [if] I could play for Connection [then] why I can’t play with the national team, when the TTFA told me to go and stay in shape and keep fitness. That I didn’t like, [especially] when I risked my contract with Seattle by playing to say fit and in-shape to play for my country.

I just want to tell the people of Trinidad and Tobago, this has nothing to do with me not wanting to play for my loving country. I always love playing.

I just want to clear my name. If I wasn’t interested, why did I talk to Tom and agree face to face to play and to come in camp on the 1st?

If I wasn’t interested, I would have told Tom I had a long season and I needed rest. Simple as that. It hurt me to read stuff that isn’t true.

Editor’s Note: Trinidad and Tobago coach Tom Saintfiet also claimed that Kevin Molino and Cordell Cato declined invitations to represent their country at this week’s Gold Cup playoffs. He later amended this to say that Molino offered to play but he refused to accept him since the midfielder initially said no.

Defender Daneil Cyrus denied suggestions that he turned up to the team camp smelling of alcohol although Saintfiet insisted that he never accused the player of this.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2017, 08:23:13 AM by Flex »
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #72 on: January 03, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
The repercussions of Harts firing being felt and the dictators presence has added fuel to that fire..

Like I said, the dictator sabotage is almost fully complete.. when our qualifiers come around it will come full circle..

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 03, 2017, 01:19:19 PM »

I reckon their might be an element of that but in Molino's case he helped throw Hart under the bus with his antics. However, it definitely is unprofessional and unfortunate to boycott and treat the country with such utter disrespect saying you aren't "motivated" enough to play for the national team. He wasn't so insolent when Adrian Heath get fired by OCSC and Heath was the man that scouted him and took him to the USA. Again when Bertille was fired in 2005, Yorke was pissed off but he eventually became the bigger man and lead the team to the WC. They ent playing for Hart, they playing for their country!! I ent like the best bone in DJW but I love & support TnT and that trumps all the s**t the TTFA have to offer!!

When you are a professional, you just play for the country and your team, no matter who the  coach is. Molino had the example of his teammate Kaka, who left OSC several times whenever he was called up by Brazil and every one knew that he was unlikely to ever play for Brazil again. He was even named in a provisional list then sent back without making the final cut. But country came first.  Molino is a small fish in a small pond and pretending he is bigger that he is by his poor attitude. Joevin Jones will soon also realize how important it is to represent your country whether you like the administration or not.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:21:01 PM by Storeboy »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 03, 2017, 01:49:36 PM »

When you are a professional, you just play for the country and your team, no matter who the  coach is. Molino had the example of his teammate Kaka, who left OSC several times whenever he was called up by Brazil and every one knew that he was unlikely to ever play for Brazil again. He was even named in a provisional list then sent back without making the final cut. But country came first.  Molino is a small fish in a small pond and pretending he is bigger that he is by his poor attitude. Joevin Jones will soon also realize how important it is to represent your country whether you like the administration or not.
Truer words have never been spoken!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 03, 2017, 03:47:02 PM »
Storeboy, couldn't have said it better. It really is sad that those small fame that these boys experiencing really gone to their heads. No one cares about the MLS and no one cares about a trinidadian boy in the MLS. These boys are already pass 25 and earning what will most likely be their "peak" wage. There is so much more that they could achieve if they focus now. Putting on the national uniform regardless of circumstances can only favour them. They need these caps and further exposure. No one in the football world is batting an eye at Orlando City fc. A football manager at a english league one club wouldn't even look twice at the mls. It is regarded as a mickey mouse league by europeans. They don't even consider the USMNT anything significant. That money they making yearly is what most players make easily weekly. They have so much more to do it's not even funny anymore.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 03, 2017, 04:00:53 PM »
Storeboy, couldn't have said it better. It really is sad that those small fame that these boys experiencing really gone to their heads. No one cares about the MLS and no one cares about a trinidadian boy in the MLS. These boys are already pass 25 and earning what will most likely be their "peak" wage. There is so much more that they could achieve if they focus now. Putting on the national uniform regardless of circumstances can only favour them. They need these caps and further exposure. No one in the football world is batting an eye at Orlando City fc. A football manager at a english league one club wouldn't even look twice at the mls. It is regarded as a mickey mouse league by europeans. They don't even consider the USMNT anything significant. That money they making yearly is what most players make easily weekly. They have so much more to do it's not even funny anymore.

Many fans are guilty of wanting more for our players than the players want for themselves.

Few of us know just how HARD it is to be the very best.  The amount of sacrifice it takes to get to that level.  The discipline.  The single mindedness.

Even fewer of us would do it ourselves if we were in that position.

Dwight Yorke was an anomaly....and is why...despite Latas being my favorite balla.....Yorkie is hands down IMO, the best footballer ever to come from not just this country....but the region.

Men getting paid in US$
They have a certain amount of celebrity
They have girlz
They have car
They have bling
They could maintain that lifestyle for the near future doing what they doing right now.

They must give that up to be a de facto monk so that they could get a chance to move to be in a higher league and likely be lost in the shuffle?

« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:03:49 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 03, 2017, 04:13:36 PM »
But isn't that what discipline is. It's no different to the student to foregoes the weekend party in order to study and gain that scholarship. They can't even compare to the Ronaldo's or Sanchez's of this world when it comes to poverty. Sanchez worked in a salt mine as a teen and Ronaldo's father swept the streets. In trinidad it basically impossible to live a life of absolute poverty due to the amt of social welfare in place such as food card etc. These guys are soft in comparison.

No one is asking them to be a monk. They just asking them not to skip camp to go a flicking boat ride. The same boat ride that will be there when camp finish. These things are a dime a dozen in trinidad. Also, surround yourselves with better influences. Stop hanging around known gang leaders etc. That will only serve to bring you down a notch.

That $US they getting paid probably enough to fix they mother roof on her house but not much else in terms of investment etc. Somebody needs to wise them up quickly.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 03, 2017, 04:24:52 PM »
But isn't that what discipline is. It's no different to the student to foregoes the weekend party in order to study and gain that scholarship. They can't even compare to the Ronaldo's or Sanchez's of this world when it comes to poverty. Sanchez worked in a salt mine as a teen and Ronaldo's father swept the streets. In trinidad it basically impossible to live a life of absolute poverty due to the amt of social welfare in place such as food card etc. These guys are soft in comparison.

No one is asking them to be a monk. They just asking them not to skip camp to go a flicking boat ride. The same boat ride that will be there when camp finish. These things are a dime a dozen in trinidad. Also, surround yourselves with better influences. Stop hanging around known gang leaders etc. That will only serve to bring you down a notch.

That $US they getting paid probably enough to fix they mother roof on her house but not much else in terms of investment etc. Somebody needs to wise them up quickly.

The point is.....you, me, they mother, father, coach etc could all want the heights for them.  At the end of the day, it ultimately comes down to what they want.

They're not children.  They make their own decisions and will live with the consequences of their actions....or lack thereof.

As the saying goes....you could lead a horse to water....but you cyah make it drink

It's also patently unfair to compare them to Sanchez and Ronaldo.  You take 2 of the very best footballers in world football history and looking to compare them to our players?  That's disingenuous bruh.

I would venture to say compare those players circumstances to 99% of the rest of the football players on the planet and they still wouldn't measure up....not in terms of playing ability....but in terms of where they end up.

Your expectations waaaayyyy too high bro.  And I say that with all respect.  Again....Dwight Yorke is very much the exception.  We will be very lucky to see the likes of him again.....not from a skill standpoint....but from a mentality standpoint.

And even Dwight had his run ins with de runnin woman, fast car, and booze later on in his career.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:31:20 PM by palos »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 03, 2017, 04:34:29 PM »
I agree and when they get dropped that should be the end of the matter and quite frankly the end of them. Yet many times we see people clamouring for them to be given another chance and chance after chance.

Palos, with regards to Sanchez and Ronaldo I am comparing their circumstances and hardships that they faced in life. Some here are quick to note that some of our players come from hardship/poverty hence being comfortable with the money they being paid etc.

Dwight may have had his run ins but he never quit being extremely professional and disciplined. It never affected his football etc and anyone at Man U could attest to this.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 04:56:25 PM by congo »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2017, 05:21:56 PM »

The point is.....you, me, they mother, father, coach etc could all want the heights for them.  At the end of the day, it ultimately comes down to what they want.

They're not children.  They make their own decisions and will live with the consequences of their actions....or lack thereof.

As the saying goes....you could lead a horse to water....but you cyah make it drink

It's also patently unfair to compare them to Sanchez and Ronaldo.  You take 2 of the very best footballers in world football history and looking to compare them to our players?  That's disingenuous bruh.

I would venture to say compare those players circumstances to 99% of the rest of the football players on the planet and they still wouldn't measure up....not in terms of playing ability....but in terms of where they end up.

Your expectations waaaayyyy too high bro.  And I say that with all respect.  Again....Dwight Yorke is very much the exception.  We will be very lucky to see the likes of him again.....not from a skill standpoint....but from a mentality standpoint.

And even Dwight had his run ins with de runnin woman, fast car, and booze later on in his career.

This is well said, can't want more than what them fellas want for themselves.

Let's move on with the fellas who show up, trying their best and give them the support

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 03, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
Let's move on with the fellas who show up, trying their best and give them the support

De ting is....we have to be careful with that too.

Yes...they show up.  But who's to say they any more committed than the oens who currently getting flak? 

The ones who showin up now have few other options so it easy to show up in a sense. 

Is when you have options is when you go see how things go.

And I still maintain......leadership comes from the top and the players not blind. 

Case in point....players get sanction for not coming to camp, not making deyself available for the Nicaragua tour, and for showin up late etc.

Yet.....the assistant coach get to miss the camp AND tour and only now showin up with the team.

Not blamin Latas.....but optics nah   

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 03, 2017, 06:07:33 PM »
See a previous post of mine. The reality of playing international football for Trinidad and Tobago is enduring a hazardous administration, this is not new, Camps, Tim Kee and DJW. When have we been able to have a relatively stable administrative environment in the last 20 years? The biggest element of being a professional footballer is the ability to endure difficult scenarios without compromising your own professional standards, on and off the field and that goes for the domestic and international level.

Our best pros had their run ins, dealt with the ups and down of poor administrators and coaches. Players can decide whatever they want based on what they see and observe but the cause and effect dynamic will prevail nonetheless.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 03, 2017, 07:12:56 PM »

Don't forget Hart had these same issues with these players the last few games
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2017, 12:09:52 AM »
So much bullshit to sift through. All d best to the team!
All the omitted players startin to look like our preferred 11.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2017, 12:12:19 AM »
I agree and when they get dropped that should be the end of the matter and quite frankly the end of them. Yet many times we see people clamouring for them to be given another chance and chance after chance.

Palos, with regards to Sanchez and Ronaldo I am comparing their circumstances and hardships that they faced in life. Some here are quick to note that some of our players come from hardship/poverty hence being comfortable with the money they being paid etc.

Dwight may have had his run ins but he never quit being extremely professional and disciplined. It never affected his football etc and anyone at Man U could attest to this.

Yuh talking rubbish...

Jack Warner is the only man-could make Yorke run for our nation because of jacks power and stature for so many years...

Yorke wasn't discipline with Trinidad football until his twilight..  or was he ever fully committed in his prime for playing for the nation..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2017, 12:13:22 AM »

Hart had them players under the dictatorship of djw .... makes a big difference..

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2017, 12:38:28 AM »

De ting is....we have to be careful with that too.

Yes...they show up.  But who's to say they any more committed than the oens who currently getting flak? 

The ones who showin up now have few other options so it easy to show up in a sense. 

Is when you have options is when you go see how things go.

And I still maintain......leadership comes from the top and the players not blind. 

Case in point....players get sanction for not coming to camp, not making deyself available for the Nicaragua tour, and for showin up late etc.

Yet.....the assistant coach get to miss the camp AND tour and only now showin up with the team.

Not blamin Latas.....but optics nah   

This struck a chord with me to really try to be objective and to try to see this from a player's perspective. I realize as fans we want to see our best players at all times  representing TNT no matter what the circumstances. However players are also humans not  robots who blindly jump to a patriotic call of duty.
Consider the road that some of these players had to take to make  it  out of TNT to play professionally abroad. There had to be some degree of commitment  and motivation to get to that level. Now consider what they experience once  they are call to duty for country? You have administrators who appear to be self aggrandizing , self serving and self seeking only to benefit themselves.
When administrators allegedly work in ways to undermine the coach or to pit players aganist a coach how does this teach loyalty? Commitment? Patriotism? When an administrator appears to be acting to benefit the team yet publicially undermines a coach by giving him an ultimatum how does this teach commitment to players?   Why would a player want to commit to another coach if he knows that the coach may not be in for the long haul?
In many regards. What we may be seeing from these dissident players could be a byproduct of the administration who are entrusted to  guide and steer our program for the common good however that has not always been the case. Suffice to say  commitment starts from the top and if those in charge are not committed to the cause- National pride - love of country - then why should the foot soldiers blindly follow?  How many of us may even consider wantiNg to follow the directions of one who was part of a coup  in ones country? How many are looking at coaches and seeing one show up just prior to the most important games ?
See in trying to be impartial I think we ought to look at the head of the fish to see what is rotten in the state of our beloved football. We have had too corrupt a legacy of corrupt administrators who profited off the backs of players yet we tend to ignore and continue to support these rouges yet we expect players to be professional 'suck it up" and play for country despite all that is swirling around them.

This is a different perspective but in retrospect I think I am willing to see the players perspective  and I am trying to understand what would make players chose to joy ride fete play pick up games yet not want to toil for their country?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2017, 01:39:57 AM »
Is it to far fetched that other powerful federations around Concacaf has paid off DJW so that 1. Hart can be fired and 2. All chances of Qualifying are gone.  Because if you can hold Mexico twice, then maybe a shaky US don't qualify.  Just some random musings I guess.

Offline Preacher

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2017, 01:45:01 AM »

Relationship is key.  Leadership is paramount.  I'm beginning to feel St. Feet lacking on both fronts.  Yes there was little thing here and there but the difference is how they were handled.  You don't blast people in the press. St Feet may have to come to terms with some prejudices. 

1]; } ?>