March 28, 2024, 11:26:49 PM

Author Topic: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad  (Read 14292 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Saintfiet names 20 man Gold Cup Squad
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2017, 02:15:36 AM »
So the ttfa set up joevin for a fall... as I said before, they tying to sabotage our chances..

Why would you send a message through his brother, then tell him to play for connection, then feed info to SANTHIEF that he can play for connection against Haiti but can't for the national team? SANTHIEF part of the set up

Then send a message back through his brother telling him he not needed and then report false news to everyone that he doesn't want to play..

Sabotage... no other way to categorize it..

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2017, 04:17:48 AM »
Tell me more
How can a national team member be not available for the national team
But he was available to play for a team where he is not registered.Where that team is owned by the President of the national body overseeing that sport
I need to have head examined...Straight to St Anns
Seems like we did not miss that banana boat ride after all

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2017, 05:17:22 AM »
I question the Cyrus omission but, overall until our players need to start taking things seriously when it comes to the National team and the quest for World Cup

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2017, 06:25:35 AM »
T&T coach denies saying Cyrus smelt of alcohol.
T& Newsday Reports.

TRINIDAD and Tobago football head coach Tom Saintfeit has stated that he never specifically told the media that national footballer Daneil Cyrus was smelling of alcohol.

Saintfeit sent home Cyrus and Jomal Williams from training camp at the Cara Suites Hotel in Claxton Bay on Sunday, after the pair arrived 90 minutes late on New Year’s Day.

In an interview with the media at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in which he revealed his squad for the Gold Cup qualifiers later that day.

Saintfeit stated, “We selected 20 players, I have to say that three of the 20 players didn’t show up. Two players (Williams and Cyrus) came one and a half hours too late in camp and had still a decent smell of alcohol around them. That was Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams. Both were immediately sent home, back to party.” In an attempt to clear up the situation after Cyrus vehemently denied drinking alcohol, Saintfeit said he did not say Cyrus smelt of alcohol.

In an interview with online sports website Wired868.com Saintfeit explained, “I never said Daneil smelt of alcohol. I said I smelt alcohol. I stood next to them and said I smelt alcohol. For me, the real issue was the late coming.” The players allegedly reached late because of a flat tyre but Saintfeit said if Cyrus had called before their noon check-in, he may have allowed him to enter camp.

Cyrus said he could not remember exactly when he called his teammate to tell him he had a flat tyre and was running late but he believed it was before noon.

Saintfeit told Wired868, Cyrus called around 12.30 pm and did not use the proper protocol as Cyrus called one of his teammates who passed the phone to the team manager. “Daneil called at 12.31 (pm),” said Saintfiet, “and, even then, he did not call one of us.

He called a player who came to the manager and said I have Cyrus on the phone. And he said he would be 15 minutes (late) and he came an hour later.”

Saintfeit cited striker Cornell Glen’s situation to explain his stance. “(Glen) calls at 11 (am) and said he had no babysitter. (Team manager) Azaad (Khan) called me and said: ‘What do we do?’ And I said let him come, bring the baby girl with (him) and let them come and pick (her) up afterwards. I am there to solve problems and Cornell Glen was the first one in camp (on New Year’s Day). The baby girl was there for a few hours, (then) they picked her up. No problem.

Because we trained only in the evening.

“If you have a problem, call. But you have to call before 12 o’clock. Otherwise who proves you did not leave home before 12 o’clock?”

RELATED NEWS

Saintfiet: I never said Daneil smelt of alcohol; T&T coach adds Cato to list of noncommittal players.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team coach Tom Saintfiet suggested he is not to blame for insinuations that defender Daneil Cyrus turned up smelling of alcohol at the team’s camp on New Year’s Day, despite his public comments on the matter.

On Sunday evening, Saintfiet told reporters that: “Two of the players came one and a half hours too late in camp and had still decent smell of alcohol around him (sic). That was Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams.

“Both were immediately sent home, back to party—but are replaced in the squad.”

Cyrus denied that he turned up at the team hotel smelling of alcohol and said he was offended by the suggestion while his aunt, Phyllis Andrews, said the W Connection defender had just one glass of Bailey’s that morning.

Saintfiet’s response was that he never specifically said Cyrus smelt of alcohol.

“I never said Daneil smelt of alcohol,” the Belgian coach told Wired868. “I said I smelt alcohol. I stood next to them and said I smelt alcohol…

“For me, the real issue was the late coming.”

Saintfiet explained that, if Cyrus had called before their noon check-in, he might have allowed him to enter camp. Tardiness, he said, was the main reason why he axed Cyrus and midfielder Jomal Williams from this week’s 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup playoffs.

The W Connection defender said he could not remember exactly when he told his teammate, Alvin Jones, that he had a flat tyre and was running late. But he believed it was before noon.

Saintfiet rubbished that claim.

“Daneil called at 12.31[pm],” said Saintfiet, “and, even then, he did not call one of us. He called a player who came to the manager and said I have Cyrus on the phone.

“And he said he would be 15 minutes [late] and he came an hour later.”

The Soca Warriors coach used striker Cornell Glen as an example of his flexibility as boss.

“[Glen] calls at 11[am] and said he had no babysitter… [Team manager] Azaad [Khan] called me and said: ‘What do we do?’ And I said let him come, bring the baby girl with [him] and let them come and pick [her] up afterwards…

“I am there to solve problems and Cornell Glen was the first one in camp [on New Year’s Day]. The baby girl was there for a few hours, [then] they picked her up. No problem. Because we trained only in the evening.

“If you have a problem, call. But you have to call before 12 o’ clock. Otherwise who proves you did not leave home before 12 o’ clock?”

Saintfiet spoke in detail about Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino’s absence from the team too. He explained that the midfield ace did ask to be included in the squad to face Suriname and Haiti this week. But that was after he had already turned down the chance to join the team in camp last month and play in Nicaragua.

“Kevin told me face to face: ‘Coach I have to go back to Orlando [on 22 December] to arrange some stuff. I am not available [to train]’. I said okay then you can come to Nicaragua. He said no.

“I asked him about the games against Suriname and Haiti and he told me very straight: ‘I am not motivated, I am not in shape, I do not want to play at the moment’.

“Later, he changed his vision and he said: ‘Yeah, okay I will play’. But when he told us the first moment ‘I am not motivated to play for the national team, I am not ready’ then…”

For the first time, Saintfiet revealed that San Jose Earthquakes winger Cordell Cato also made himself unavailable to represent his country.

Saintfiet stood by his decision to omit Molino—although he eventually made himself available—on the grounds that the gifted midfielder did not have a valid reason for skipping the team’s preparations in December and he needed to be consistent with his players.

“[Molino] was not interested to play Nicaragua. He wanted first to have the holiday off. And then because the president [David John-Williams] spoke with him then he said: ‘Yeah okay, I will be playing’… Why [would he be allowed to join] the current team to play without going to training when Jan-Michael [Williams] and Sean De Silva and Nathaniel [Garcia] have to be in camp?

“He is holidaying. He is not occupied with [his] club somewhere or anything else. By the way, [Cordell] Cato is exactly the same. He was also selected but he also said I prefer a holiday instead of training.”

Was Saintfiet concerned about burning bridges with key players, after his public criticisms?

The coach said he was only being honest. And he reiterated that he would never close the door on a player because of a previous disagreement.

“No, I cannot judge about [their reaction to my criticisms],” said Saintfiet. “I only see at the moment that these players are not committed to the national team. And it is sad because we play two important qualifiers for our country.

“But I cannot think in their position. I don’t know what the reasons are behind that. I don’t know the history and I even don’t want to think about that. I am occupied with what I have and I am very satisfied with the boys who I have. That’s my task—working with the guys who are there.”

Saintfiet also called on Wired868 to give him his due.

The Warriors coach pointed out that the website said Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-1 loss to Nicaragua was the country’s first ever defeat to the Central American nation. However, he suggested enough was not made of the fact that Trinidad and Tobago had never played in Nicaragua before. And enough credit was not given for the Warriors’ subsequent 3-1 win in Managua.

“Never in history [has] Trinidad and Tobago played in Nicaragua,” said Saintfiet. “[…] There are five meetings [for Trinidad and Tobago] against Nicaragua and I wrote history. I am the first one to win in Nicaragua… So [that is also] historic.”

Saintfiet has the opportunity to enhance his reputation this week when he leads a weakened team into competitive battle against Suriname and Haiti. Only one team will advance to the final Gold Cup play off round.

Trinidad and Tobago won their last five internationals against Suriname—between 1992 and 2012—and their last defeat to the Dutch-speaking nation came in a friendly on 5 May 1985.

Haiti are another prospect altogether.

Trinidad and Tobago won eight of 16 meetings with Haiti in this millennium with two draws and six losses. However, the two island republic’s last win against the Haitians was six years ago.

And, crucially, the last meeting between the two nations ended in a 1-0 win for the French-speaking islanders on 8 January 2016, which denied the Warriors a chance to compete at the Copa America Centenario competition.

Saintfiet might not have the country’s most decorated players with him, as he tries to avoid a repeat against Haiti. But, he insists, he has the most committed.

Trinidad and Tobago face Suriname from 7pm on 4 January before tackling Haiti from 5pm on 8 January. Both games will be held at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Aunt Phyllis: Saintfiet is defaming Cyrus; T&T defender had just one glass of Bailey’s!
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868)

Does one glass of Bailey’s on New Year’s Day constitute excessive drinking for a professional athlete?

Phyllis Andrews, the “aunt” of 26-year-old Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team defender Daneil Cyrus, insisted that national head coach Tom Saintfiet has defamed the Soca Warriors player. And she is urging Saintfiet or the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) to clear Cyrus’ name.

Saintfiet dropped Cyrus and 22-year-old national midfielder Jomal Williams and told the media that the players missed their noon check-in at the Cara Suites hotel on New Year’s Day and smelt of alcohol.

“Two of the players came one and a half hours too late in camp and had still decent smell of alcohol around him (sic),” said Saintfiet. “That was Daneil Cyrus and Jomal Williams. Both were immediately sent home, back to party—but are replaced in the squad.”

Aunt Phyllis admitted Cyrus was late for their residential camp in Claxton Bay. However, she is offended by the insinuation that the versatile W Connection player turned up for national duty reeking of alcohol.

“If [Saintfiet] says the other fella was drinking, he has to prove that too but that is their business,” said aunt Phyllis. “You can drop [Cyrus] for any other reason but don’t say he was stink of alcohol. That boy never came in my house stink of alcohol. And I open the door most of the time for him because he always loses his keys…

“So I want them to clear that up.”

Cyrus did, she admitted, have a glass of Bailey’s. The national defender told Wired868 yesterday he did not touch alcohol that morning. However, he confirmed that he had one drink.

She insisted there was a social context that should not be overlooked, though. It was New Year’s Day and just one glass of “weak” alcohol. Don’t players in England, Belgium and other European countries, she asked, have a drink to celebrate too—once they do not end up drunk?

“He slept by me that night and he left from my house to go to camp,” she told Wired868. “We had a family lime and my children don’t get to have much time with him anymore, so they are always happy when he is around.

“He had just one drink and they were laughing at him and saying ‘Bailey’s boy?!’ I have all the alcohol in the world in house and he would hardly drink. All he would say is ‘Ms Andrews, I am taking a shandy’.

“So I really, really take offence to this. This is tarnishing the boy’s name.”

Aunt Phyllis first opened her Santa Rosa Heights home to Cyrus a decade ago when the Plymouth-based teenager needed a place to stay in Trinidad to train with the National Under-17 Team.

She was friends with the mother of National Under-17 forward Stephen Knox. One day, Knox’s mother introduced her to then National Team manager Chris De Silva who asked whether she would give a place to stay to a teenaged boy she had never met.

“[Knox’s mother] asked me if I could take him and then Mr De Silva and Daneil’s mother came and met me,” said aunt Phyllis. “Daneil was 15 and he has been with me ever since. I have two younger children and everyone welcomed him with open arms, so we are all like family.

“If anything, my children felt I spoiled him. But they are like brothers and sisters.”

Cyrus went on to play in two World Youth Cups for Trinidad and Tobago—the Korea Republic 2007 Under-17 and Egypt 2009 Under-20 World Cups—and cement his place in the National Senior Team.

Aunt Phyllis gave her account of what happened on New Year’s Day, as Cyrus set off for his noon check-in time with his national teammates in Claxton Bay.

“He left [Santa Rosa Heights] about 11am and, when he was in the back of St Helena, he got a flat,” she said. “So he had to call another partner [to come and help him since he did not have a jack]. He called and spoke to the manager [Azaad Khan] and the manager said: ‘Okay come… The coach is really upset but still come’.

“[Cyrus] wasn’t sure of the time [he spoke to Khan] but he thinks it was before 12… I know he left by me a little late and he could have been earlier. But he would have been on time, if not for the flat he had.”

Aunt Phyllis said she called W Connection co-founder and TTFA president David John-Williams to complain today.

“I called John-Williams and he said he is not charge of the team and that is the [coach’s responsibility],” she told Wired868. “But he said that could be fixed. He said: ‘you know he has a reputation of being late for Connection practice’. But what does that have to do with this? I am dealing with the defamation of character with the [coach claiming the] boy was smelling of alcohol.

“I don’t have a problem with him being dropped for being late. But not for alcohol.”’

Wired868 asked John-Williams to confirm if he said said Cyrus’ issue could “be fixed” and what he would have meant by that. But, although he read the message, he did not respond up to the time of publication.

The website was unable to get further comment from Saintfiet, Jomal Williams or national team manager Azaad Khan.

The Soca Warriors face Suriname from 7pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday in the first game of a round-robin series, which also includes Haiti. One of the three nations will advance to the next Gold Cup playoff round against Central American opposition.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 06:28:11 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:02 AM »
Seems as if Santeef is under pressure and maybe a lot of pressure as it seems as if the terrorist and DJW are always on his back. There are ways to enforce discipline and still win over players but I guess Santeef's thinking is always short-term as he is never in one place too long.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2017, 06:40:28 AM »
Joevin: Saintfiet is trying to dirty my name; I always want to play for T&T
Letters to the Editor  Wednesday 4 January 2017 Global Football, National Football, Volley 58 Comments

“I can’t see why Tom [Saintfiet] is saying I am not interested and I don’t want to play for my country. I don’t know why he is trying to turn things on me.”

The following Letter to the Editor was submitted to Wired868 by Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team midfielder Joevin Jones regarding his coach Tom Saintfiet’s claim that the Seattle Sounders player was not interested in representing the Soca Warriors in this week’s Gold Cup playoffs:

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Joevin Jones (centre) is tackled by two Costa Rican players during Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 11 November 2016. (Courtesy Sean Morrison/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Joevin Jones (centre) is tackled by two Costa Rican players during Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on 11 November 2016.
(Courtesy Sean Morrison/Wired868)
I just want to clear my name. I just want to say I always want to play for my country. It’s an honour to play for this country.

First to begin, me and Tom [Saintfiet] talked face to face weeks ago agreeing on me coming to the camp on the 1st [of January]. Yes, I did agree to [that]. But the problem was getting clearance from my team [Seattle Sounders].

After the Trinidad and Tobago team got back from the two friendlies [in Nicaragua] on the 31st [of December], I got a message from my lil brother [and national team player] Alvin that I have to come in camp on the 1st [of January] at 12pm, which was the next day.

I had no info as yet from my club stating if I can go [to camp] or not… [And] why do I have to get a message from my lil brother to come in camp? What about the manager [Azaad Khan]?

My club gave me late clearance on Sunday morning to go. My lil brother was in camp already, so I sent a message with my lil brother stating that I got the clearance and I would be in camp or training the following evening, which he did deliver.

Photo: Seattle Sounders wing back Joevin Jones (left) controls the ball during MLS action against Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on 12 March 2016. (Courtesy AFP 2017/Gene Sweeney Jr)
Photo: Seattle Sounders wing back Joevin Jones (left) controls the ball during MLS action against Real Salt Lake at Rio Tinto Stadium in Sandy, Utah on 12 March 2016.
(Courtesy AFP 2017/Gene Sweeney Jr)
The only reason why I delivered the message back through my lil brother was because they sent one with him. I think they were unprofessional [in doing] that.

The only reason why I played with W Connection [in a friendly against Haiti last week] was because they asked me to train and stay shape for the upcoming game on the 4th against Suriname. So I decided to play the game with W Connection because I can’t watch football because I love the game.

The person who called me to train with Connection called Tom and asked if I could play in the game. The answer I get was: ‘Yes and be careful’.

I risked my contract with Seattle by playing—just to maintain some fitness to feature in the upcoming games. I can’t see why Tom is saying I am not interested and I don’t want to play for my country. I don’t know why he is trying to turn things on me.

I can’t just come in camp just like that. I am under contract with Seattle. They have to give me clearance.

As I said, I got late clearance on Sunday morning. I was on my way to camp on Sunday evening when my lil brother Alvin said to me they don’t want me again. I said no problem.

Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Joevin Jones controls the ball during Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying action against St Vincent and the Grenadines at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain on 29 March 2016. (Courtesy: Allan V Crane/CA-images/Wired868)
Photo: Trinidad and Tobago winger Joevin Jones controls the ball during Russia 2018 World Cup qualifying action against St Vincent and the Grenadines at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Port of Spain on 29 March 2016.
(Courtesy: Allan V Crane/CA-images/Wired868)
I think the communication was wrong by sending messages through my lil brother. I don’t see why Tom is trying to dirty my name by saying [if] I could play for Connection [then] why I can’t play with the national team, when the TTFA told me to go and stay in shape and keep fitness. That I didn’t like, [especially] when I risked my contract with Seattle by playing to say fit and in-shape to play for my country.

I just want to tell the people of Trinidad and Tobago, this has nothing to do with me not wanting to play for my loving country. I always love playing.

I just want to clear my name. If I wasn’t interested, why did I talk to Tom and agree face to face to play and to come in camp on the 1st?

If I wasn’t interested, I would have told Tom I had a long season and I needed rest. Simple as that. It hurt me to read stuff that isn’t true.

Editor’s Note: Trinidad and Tobago coach Tom Saintfiet also claimed that Kevin Molino and Cordell Cato declined invitations to represent their country at this week’s Gold Cup playoffs. He later amended this to say that Molino offered to play but he refused to accept him since the midfielder initially said no.

Defender Daneil Cyrus denied suggestions that he turned up to the team camp smelling of alcohol although Saintfiet insisted that he never accused the player of this.

Trinidad and Tobago play Suriname from 7pm today at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2017, 06:42:57 AM »
What kinda bachannal really taking place with we football dred...some sort of miscommunication going on. Why Alvin contacting Joevin? Also, Joevin should not have stooped to the manager level and send a reply back through his brother...we need everyone to be on board, this qualification thing is not a joke
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2017, 08:40:43 AM »
So the ttfa set up joevin for a fall... as I said before, they tying to sabotage our chances..

Why would you send a message through his brother, then tell him to play for connection, then feed info to SANTHIEF that he can play for connection against Haiti but can't for the national team? SANTHIEF part of the set up

Then send a message back through his brother telling him he not needed and then report false news to everyone that he doesn't want to play..

Sabotage... no other way to categorize it..

Bro, please tell me how you as a professional footballer can be ordered by your National team federation to play for a football club whilst  still contracted to another club. :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2017, 08:44:39 AM »
oh lord look bacchanal and once again this reflects on the current administration. 

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2017, 08:50:27 AM »
Why Joevin risking his contract with Seattle by playing for W Connection in order to stay fit for the National Team? Can someone advise these men pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.....What mickey mouse thing does be going on in Trinidad. He's on loan or he has been sold?  Tom can't give you permission to play for another club....What really going on here..

So he knows that he "can't just come into camp" with his National Team without clearance from his club yet he can still "sweat" for Connection in a friendly against the same opponents that he and the national team was gonna face. All based on the fact that he can't "watch the game, he loves football." This is ridiculous. These boys need serious guidance. I really mean that.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2017, 08:54:17 AM »
Bro, please tell me how you as a professional footballer can be ordered by your National team federation to play for a football club whilst  still contracted to another club. :frustrated: :frustrated:

What team did Joevin first play for? Obviously the W connection coach would have spoken to the TTFA President and the TTFA President would have spoken to the W connection President and coach to say it's ok ...maybe it's a big setup for Joevin whereby he is transferred and guess who maybe is entitled to some transfer money...
In many ways he probably feels obligated to W connection unless he has a Manager and an Agent the people he would most likely trust would be those fro W connection.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2017, 09:02:23 AM »

What team did Joevin first play for? Obviously the W connection coach would have spoken to the TTFA President and the TTFA President would have spoken to the W connection President and coach to say it's ok ...maybe it's a big setup for Joevin whereby he is transferred and guess who maybe is entitled to some transfer money...
In many ways he probably feels obligated to W connection unless he has a Manager and an Agent the people he would most likely trust would be those fro W connection.

At no point did you mention any correspondence between Seattle and Connection. He is contracted to Seattle. That is a breach of contract if he wasn't given permission by Seattle. What would have been the case had he gotten injured etc? An agent doesn't need to tell you that. You signed a contract with another club. I don't know what the situation is between Seattle and Connection but he did say that he risked his contract with Seattle to play for Connection so I am guessing permission wasn't granted. DJW and Connection as a professional football club feel comfortable fielding a player who is contracted to another club? Pretty much sums up how seriously people take the MLS.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:06:13 AM by congo »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2017, 09:04:25 AM »
This situation is madness :frustrated: :frustrated: :rotfl:

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2017, 09:10:55 AM »

What the hell does that even mean. Nobody could make you play for a club if you are already contracted to another. What madness you saying here. That is a breach of contract if he wasn't given permission by Seattle. What would have been the case had he gotten injured etc? An agent doesn't need to tell you that. You signed a contract with another club. I don't know what the situation is between Seattle and Connection but he did say that he risked his contract with Seattle to play for Connection so I am guessing permission wasn't granted. DJW and Connection as a professional football club feel comfortable fielding a player who is contracted to another club? Pretty much sums up how seriously people take the MLS.

ok so logic fails you...what team has always been his handler????? For him to have played do you think he just showed up and said I want to play? Someone told him it was ok and that had to have come from the top

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2017, 09:13:01 AM »
Stop assuming that it was ok....he already said that he risked his contract with Seattle in order to play. You missing that part or "logic failing you"?

The boy has a "handler"? I thought he signed a contract with Seattle?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 09:15:06 AM by congo »

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2017, 11:32:35 AM »
Jeesan Ages!!!!   Hmm.  Truth Stranger than Fiction. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
Maybe DJW and Seattle has an agreement for Joevin to play for Connection. That is not out of the ordinary.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2017, 12:29:08 PM »
Maybe DJW and Seattle has an agreement for Joevin to play for Connection. That is not out of the ordinary.

During his "offseason" where he just played a key role in a long and possibly exhausting season culminating in a title? I could understand if he had just returned from a long injury towards the end of the season and needed some match practice and trying to keep fit etc. He needed special permission to join the National team camp from Seattle. He did say that he risked his contract with Seattle by playing and that he played because he loved football and couldn't just "watch". Connection would have to be really mad to field a player contracted to another club against a team that he suppose to playing against whilst on National duty.... This is confusing.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2017, 12:42:58 PM »

During his "offseason" where he just played a key role in a long and possibly exhausting season culminating in a title? I could understand if he had just returned from a long injury towards the end of the season and needed some match practice and trying to keep fit etc. He needed special permission to join the National team camp from Seattle. He did say that he risked his contract with Seattle by playing and that he played because he loved football and couldn't just "watch". Connection would have to be really mad to field a player contracted to another club against a team that he suppose to playing against whilst on National duty.... This is confusing.

Congo, I am just as surprised that JJ playing for Connection. And the only conclusion I could come with, is that DJW MUST have some kind of agreement with Seattle for JJ to do that. There are different types of agreements clubs sign. Unless JJ totally dotish, why would he jeopardize his career. This whole thing is friggin is too unprofessional to my liking. All of a sudden our most "promising" players in a downward spiral. DJW need to clear the air on these matters. He is the president of football. Unfortunately, his club affiliation is causing real serious issue.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 04:33:40 PM by Deeks »

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2017, 12:43:26 PM »
I think Daneil and Joevin should get recalled. However, wasn't Joevin, Bateau and Molino playing for Carenage the other day?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=781JYte435o&feature=player_embedded

This is a communication breakdown.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2017, 12:45:33 PM by Errol »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
Why Joevin risking his contract with Seattle by playing for W Connection in order to stay fit for the National Team? Can someone advise these men pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.....What mickey mouse thing does be going on in Trinidad. He's on loan or he has been sold?  Tom can't give you permission to play for another club....What really going on here..

So he knows that he "can't just come into camp" with his National Team without clearance from his club yet he can still "sweat" for Connection in a friendly against the same opponents that he and the national team was gonna face. All based on the fact that he can't "watch the game, he loves football." This is ridiculous. These boys need serious guidance. I really mean that.

The dictator instructed him to play... allyuh men don't know djw tactics by now  :D

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2017, 01:01:59 PM »
The situation shouldn't be allowed to deteriorate anymore. Someone needs to step in and stop the rot. DJW is ah imps so he ent making no sense! Why doesn't Latapy get into and help sort this mess out? Everyday is some-frigging-thing new. SMDH

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2017, 02:31:32 PM »
The situation shouldn't be allowed to deteriorate anymore. Someone needs to step in and stop the rot. DJW is ah imps so he ent making no sense! Why doesn't Latapy get into and help sort this mess out? Everyday is some-frigging-thing new. SMDH

That's what will continue under djw .... his goal wasn't to build but to destroy..

He's like the baron sasha cohen movie, the dictator lol

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2017, 03:36:18 PM »
The only reason why I played with W Connection [in a friendly against Haiti last week] was because they asked me to train and stay shape for the upcoming game on the 4th against Suriname. So I decided to play the game with W Connection because I can’t watch football because I love the game.

The person who called me to train with Connection called Tom and asked if I could play in the game. The answer I get was: ‘Yes and be careful’.

I risked my contract with Seattle by playing—just to maintain some fitness to feature in the upcoming games. I can’t see why Tom is saying I am not interested and I don’t want to play for my country. I don’t know why he is trying to turn things on me.

I can’t just come in camp just like that. I am under contract with Seattle. They have to give me clearance.

As I said, I got late clearance on Sunday morning. I was on my way to camp on Sunday evening when my lil brother Alvin said to me they don’t want me again. I said no problem

This does not make sense. DJW team play a practice with one of the Teams TT playing. Connection asked JJ to play for them. That is the president's team. He don't know about that sweat? Seattle had to give clearance for JJ to play. The coach he hired heard that JJ played. The coach dropped JJ. JJ, DJW and Santfiet making Contro. look like a friggin genius.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2017, 03:48:02 PM »
DJW team play a practice with one of the Teams TT playing. Connection asked JJ to play for them. That is the president's team.

Not to mention......JJ supposed to be one of T&T main weapons.  How difficult would it be, for an unscrupulous team, to "injure" JJ in that game?

Who would benefit?

Why even take the chance?

This whole situation reeks........ and football fans being taken for pappyshow along the way
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »
and football fans being taken for pappyshow along the way

I don't think so. The fans know the deal. That is why football suffering. The fans don't support local pro football. The fans sometimes go to support the MNT grudgingly. The support for the MNT should not be taken as support for the TTFA.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2017, 05:41:02 PM »
Our football has become a cartoon show

I wouldn't be surprise after these 2 games there are voluntary resignations.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2017, 09:14:22 PM »
AMATEURS AMATEURS AMATEURS !!!!!!!!!
good thing the "Pros" getting it done!

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #118 on: January 04, 2017, 09:40:52 PM »
Wow.

We have players feeling the need to go to the press to defend themselves after they are being slandered in the media.

No FPATT to defend them or read them the riot act on protecting themselves by not getting chain up to play for their old club.  How W Connection could be involved in that is ridiculous.....imagine the pong if it was Central FC.

TTFA complete silence and doing who knows what in the background.  They sure as hell doing a piss poor job on talent management of our players.  This downward spiral to me coincides with elections last year....but who is taking the responsibility for putting in DJW?

We hold DJW accountable for the results under the new coach...who to hold accountable for results under DJW?  Andre Baptiste need to go poll the club owners and stakeholders and ask them if they take any responsibility for where we are now.

Gimmicks not going and cut it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2017, 03:14:21 AM »
Wow.

We have players feeling the need to go to the press to defend themselves after they are being slandered in the media.

No FPATT to defend them or read them the riot act on protecting themselves by not getting chain up to play for their old club.  How W Connection could be involved in that is ridiculous.....imagine the pong if it was Central FC.

TTFA complete silence and doing who knows what in the background.  They sure as hell doing a piss poor job on talent management of our players.  This downward spiral to me coincides with elections last year....but who is taking the responsibility for putting in DJW?

We hold DJW accountable for the results under the new coach...who to hold accountable for results under DJW?  Andre Baptiste need to go poll the club owners and stakeholders and ask them if they take any responsibility for where we are now.

Gimmicks not going and cut it.

How about their funds for this year, govt release that yet?

1]; } ?>