March 28, 2024, 01:07:39 PM

Author Topic: Comedy central, TTFA takes center-stage.  (Read 5512 times)

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Comedy central, TTFA takes center-stage.
« on: January 12, 2017, 03:06:32 PM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

Grab a bucket of popcorn, a pair of 3D glasses, turn on your 60-inch television, take a double-shot of babash, then kick back in your sofa and get ready to watch one of T&T's funniest comedy of the year.

The name of the movie, in case you're wondering is: “TTFA's Musical Chairs”. It's a show where you have too many cooks stirring one pot at the same time trying to finish dinner in time for their March customers (Mexico & Panama) and guess what, all they have at their disposal is a pot and a burning flame with no ingredients.

With David-John Williams cast in the lead role, he is ably supported by co-stars Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis, Allan Warner, Richard Quan Chan, Jamaal Shabazz, Muhammad Isa, Dexter Skeene, Dr Alvin Henderson and Sharon O’Brien.

Since David John-Williams’ was elected as TTFA President two Novembers ago, T&T football has plunged headfirst into the deep unknown “where no man has gone before”, wait, it's a comedy not a science fiction. ... Anyway...

Teams are failing worse than elementary school students writing their Secondary Entrance Assessment examinations.

Let's see...

* - There are no active women's teams.

* - The Men’s U-15 team failed to get to the CONCACAF stage for the first time in 10 years.

* - The Women’s U-17 team went from reigning Caribbean champions—under the previous regime—to finishing third at CFU level and failing to qualify from the region.

* - The Women’s U-15 team went from third in CONCACAF to a group stage exit in the same competition, which included a record 22-0 defeat to the United States.

* - The Men's U-20 team is in dire need of improvement and has barely scraped through to the CFU U-20 Championship Final Round schedule for February, without even kicking a ball. They got some embarrassing results to Antigua & Barbuda and Bermuda only to be saved from a draw between Cuba and St Lucia that got them through. Ironically, the team is coached by former W Connection youth coach Brian Williams.

Then the Russell Latapy story, a football icon who was known as the “little magician” on the field is now waving his magic wand into T&T football under the current president and could do no wrong despite, his continual failure at different levels while other coaches are falling on the roadside like corn-vendors on the Solomon Hochoy Highway.

In September 2016, Latapy was unsuccessful as T&T U-17 head coach. He saw his team knocked out of the competition leaving Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba, Curacao (wow) and fifth place finishers Suriname (double wow) advancing to the CONCACAF Finals in Panama City, later this year. His team finished sixth with just one win against Bermuda from three group matches.

Latapy had refused any friendly games leading up to the tournament, maybe his reluctancy to spend his boss' money probably played a pivotal role in his ceaseless employment?

For his troubles, Latapy was quickly promoted to Assistant Coach of the Men’s Senior Team alongside (guess who?) Jamaal Shabazz, another recyclable in T&T football. Shabazz has suffocated the game for decades like a python strangling a wild boar in the Amazon rainforest. Former TTFA Adviser Jack Warner’s colleague, Muhammad Isa, was given the Technical Director position, while Shabazz were given an added bonus occupation as current TTFA adviser himself. Oh yeah, he is also in charge of the Elite Youth Program. Talk about a man with many caps.

Shabazz runs Morvant Caledonia United (formerly Caledonia AIA), a professional Club based in the Morvant area where he says he wants to develop local football and bring the game back to the community, mind you, the Club is littered with foreign players and have been so for many years. If I'm not mistaking only one player (Densill Theobald) hails from the community. There might be more, but nothing to brag about.

Pro League CEO Dexter Skeene has been unchallenged in his position despite the stagnancy of the T&T Pro League for over a decade, drawing no major sponsors and supporters, at least for most parts, is now head of the TTFA's Technical Committee.

I've known David John-Williams for quite some time and I can tell you he does have a passion for football, however, I do have the right to question his nonconformist selection process of certain individuals and the methodology in which things are being handled.

Furthermore, expecting any kind of success after two games with an inexperienced squad might be wanting too much, especially from a coach who does not have a successful track record. Coach Hart was already on-board for the past 3-years, and it probably would have been appropriate to help him fix the problem instead of replacing him, but then again, that's just me, like Beenie man once sang; who am I?

Anyways, after that quick commercial break we are now back to the show, thanks for tuning in. Belgium-born Tom Saintfiet was hired on a short-term contract as a replacement for former head coach Stephen Hart. What is really facetious is that Saintfiet's ultimatum from his new employers was quite forthright and predispose, “Win the next two World Cup games or you're out.”

Guess what? Latapy is still here and Saintfiet barely made it past a month, never even came close to the two World Cup games he was promised and is now on the breadline.

Saintfiet’s resignation came on January 10th. Now, no one knows for certain if Humpty Dumpty was pushed or if he genuinely resigned (lol), but he did make it clear from his Facebook page (not Ruby Tuesday, right Hart...) that: “From the first day of my unveiling, I did not get the support of the TTFA and its President; support which is needed to be able to do my job in a professional and successful way. I never got the chance to work with the players nor staff requested.”

“Perhaps I should have taken this decision right from day one of my appointment, after the President openly second guessed his own choice of employing me. But I gave him the benefit of the doubt.”

With a depleted squad, some uncommitted players and the exodus of several W Connection (former and current) players for dubious reasons, maybe this move was the turning point in Saintfiet's short-lived T&T career that broke the camel's back? I guess you'll have to do the math for me.

In a Soca Warriors Online (SWO) interview, Saintfiet was quick to highlight Stephen Hart's less than stellar 2016 record, stating that he had only won 3 games for the year. Saintifiet now finds himself in the same boat, if not worst. I'm sure it's a jab he would have liked to take back now. You see, too many cooks spoil the broth, like I always say: “You are only as good as your boss.”

Trying to pick your brain, figuring out who will be the next victim to fall into the TTFA's coaching web will definitely give you 'gray hairs’. One thing's for certain is that the power of belief and the power of thought will move reality in the direction of what we believe and conceive.

Stevie Wonder could see another hammer dropping soon on the next Soca Warriors coach after T&T's next two World Cup matches carded for late March destine for failure. Unless !!! You're Russell Latapy of course. Then again, current W Connection head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier’s name just fell into my hat, I meant pot.

Let's see if Ms. Carolina Morace will ever show up?

WARNING - If you are a T&T football supporter and are experiencing pain from conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, heartburn, sore throat, or headaches (including migraine) please stop taking on T&T Football and call your doctor right away.

If you are taking an over-the-counter product to self-treat, read all directions on the product package before taking any medication. If you have any questions, consult your pharmacist. If your doctor has prescribed a medication, take it as directed...

You have been warned. Senna & Salt might be another option.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 03:02:26 PM by Flex »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Comedy central, TTFA takes center-stage.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 03:48:46 PM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

Ent?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 04:05:07 PM »
Brilliant !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rotfl:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 04:19:23 PM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

Ent?

If ah had she number ah would tell she to "Run"!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 04:23:31 PM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

Ent?

If ah had she number ah would tell she to "Run"!!

Want it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 04:38:06 PM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

With David-John Williams cast in the lead role, he is ably supported by co-stars Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis, Allan Warner, Richard Quan Chan, Jamaal Shabazz, Muhammad Isa, Dexter Skeene and Sharon O’Brien.

Curious.   How do Alvin Henderson, Bertille St Clair, Stuart Charles-Fevrier, Errol Lovell, & Jinelle James  escape being named here?

They no longer members of the "Technical Committee"?

The TTFA’s Technical Committee will comprise of the following individuals:
Dexter Skeene (Chairman)
Dr. Alvin Henderson (Deputy Chairman)
Bertille St. Clair
Errol Lovell
Jinelle James
Stuart Charles-Fevrier
Muhammad Isa

SOURCE

Has the "Technical Committee" changed?  If so, when?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 04:40:01 PM by palos »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2017, 04:46:52 PM »
Palas, you asking questions, St Clair was just a name to rope in Tobago and yet Tobago is being ignored.

The new president do what he likes, is all for show.

Nice piece of wok Flex.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2017, 04:59:07 PM »
Ah radda foock ah ting in a Latrine than to support these f00okcing clowns.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2017, 05:16:09 PM »
Flex, this is right on time. You could not have summarized this fiasco any better. I have never seen anything like this. This man want o make AJW look like a genius.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 06:41:24 PM »
Flex, this is right on time. You could not have summarized this fiasco any better. I have never seen anything like this. This man want o make AJW look like a genius.

Even warner call for the man to resign!!! Ting badddd
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2017, 06:41:37 PM »
This is the best thread in the history of this forum  :beermug:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2017, 07:14:45 PM »

Even warner call for the man to resign!!! Ting badddd

Who eh dead, wounded. Blood on de ground.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2017, 09:19:10 PM »
Palas, you asking questions, St Clair was just a name to rope in Tobago and yet Tobago is being ignored.

The new president do what he likes, is all for show.

Nice piece of wok Flex.

What's worse is St Clair ent turn up for months on end as he very ill SMDH

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2017, 12:30:32 AM »
Flex my brother, yuh went easy on the dictator...

What the dictator really passionate about is money and being as corrupt as possible to get that..

By any means necessary

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2017, 05:40:27 AM »
By Inshan Mohammed.

With David-John Williams cast in the lead role, he is ably supported by co-stars Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis, Allan Warner, Richard Quan Chan, Jamaal Shabazz, Muhammad Isa, Dexter Skeene and Sharon O’Brien.

Curious.   How do Alvin Henderson, Bertille St Clair, Stuart Charles-Fevrier, Errol Lovell, & Jinelle James  escape being named here?

They no longer members of the "Technical Committee"?

The TTFA’s Technical Committee will comprise of the following individuals:
Dexter Skeene (Chairman)
Dr. Alvin Henderson (Deputy Chairman)
Bertille St. Clair
Errol Lovell
Jinelle James
Stuart Charles-Fevrier
Muhammad Isa

SOURCE

Has the "Technical Committee" changed?  If so, when?

Bertille St Clair has taken leave from the committee for health reasons.

Dr Alvin Henderson is vice-chairman.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 10:57:31 AM »
When I call Henderson name de odda day, deeks and them f00cking me up.

All these Ole heads have to go.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 07:07:55 AM by Flex »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 12:21:11 PM »
Shabazz has suffocated the game for decades like a python strangling a wild boar in the Amazon rainforest.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 12:48:08 PM »

Good on him.  Wouldn't be surprised if is fuh MENTAL health reasons

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 04:11:05 PM »
Anybody know if Hart get he money?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 04:28:29 PM »

Good question...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 04:28:44 PM »

Good on him.  Wouldn't be surprised if is fuh MENTAL health reasons

:D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 04:34:51 PM »
Anyone know what happened to David Muhammad?

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 05:06:46 PM »
Then the Russell Latapy story, a football icon who was known as the “little magician” on the field is now waving his magic wand into T&T football under the said president and could do no wrong despite his continual failure at different levels while other coaches are falling on the roadside like corn-vendors on the Solomon Hochoy Highway.

WARNING - If you are a T&T football supporter and are experiencing pain from conditions such as muscle aches, toothaches, menstrual cramps, heartburn, sore throat, or headaches (including migraine) please stop taking on T&T Football and call your doctor right away.

If you are taking an over-the-counter product to self-treat, read all directions on the product package before taking any medication. If you have any questions, consult your pharmacist. If your doctor has prescribed a medication, take it as directed...

O my....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really thought DJW would have done better because he had a very decorated manifest but to make someone like Skeene and Shabaaz pull you down is really taking away from him.

I hope he wakes up.

Anyone have a copy of DJW manifesto?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2017, 05:10:28 PM »
Then the Russell Latapy story, a football icon who was known as the “little magician” on the field is now waving his magic wand into T&T football under the said president and could do no wrong despite his continual failure at different levels while other coaches are falling on the roadside like corn-vendors on the Solomon Hochoy Highway.

O my....  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I really thought DJW would have done better because he had a very decorated manifest but to make someone like Skeene and Shabaaz pull you down is really taking away from him.

I hope he wakes up.

Anyone have a copy of DJW manifesto?

He Manifesto is somewhere between he pocket book and he debit card

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2017, 05:19:56 AM »

Hart is still being owed.

Francisco Maturana and Dennis Lawrence will make their case today.

Saintfiet was working without a contract and an agreement to be paid with match fees rather than a monthly salary.

Carolina Morace contract will run until the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France and her salary is expected to be double the amount the men's coach was making??

« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 05:37:24 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2017, 06:54:15 AM »
Ah like this line up.

Stephan Hart - head coach
Terry Fenwick - senior assistant
Dennis Lawrewce - senior assistant
Dwight Yorke - senior assistant & under 20 head coach
Stuart Charles - under 17 head coach

We need everybody to work together.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2017, 06:09:50 PM »
Good article, funny with truth.

To be honest, Hart is not the man for the job, he second guess himself and his players.

He is weak as a coach.

I hope we get someone like Fenwick.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2017, 06:27:23 PM »

To be honest, Hart is not the man for the job, he second guess himself and his players.

He is weak as a coach.

From whence did this revelation come?  When did humility and realism become a weakness?  Harts run will go down in lore as an awakening of our football.  You can only second guess yourself when you are not fully prepared or if some personal abuse has been inflicted on you to anchor you in mediocrity for life.  Then you waste your time trying to be something you are not, over compensating and making things worse.  Never really dealing with the real issue of self.  For a brief spell our football was higher than we deserved.  These things don't come by accident.   Fenwick, as loud as he is does not have Harts record. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 03:59:29 AM »

He is weak as a coach.

I could wipe my ass with what you just wrote...

Too early in the am to read this shit

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 04:01:22 AM »

Hart is still being owed.

Francisco Maturana and Dennis Lawrence will make their case today.

Saintfiet was working without a contract and an agreement to be paid with match fees rather than a monthly salary.

Carolina Morace contract will run until the 2019 Women’s World Cup in France and her salary is expected to be double the amount the men's coach was making??

Ask yuh boy Andre Samuel.. he seem to have all the answers as to why we can't get a decent men's coach for a decent salary but can pay morace who's not even in qualifying twice the amount while the ttfa bawl they have no money lol

Corruption in front of people face and they still refuse to believe the dictator is a crook
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 04:04:26 AM by Controversial »

1]; } ?>