March 28, 2024, 02:47:19 PM

Author Topic: Why we only have Afro-Trinis on the TTFA staff?  (Read 3400 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Why we only have Afro-Trinis on the TTFA staff?
« on: January 15, 2017, 07:45:28 AM »
And Trinidad and Tobago is such a mix country.

David John-Williams (president), Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner (vice-presidents), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football), Wayne Cunningham (Eastern FA), Dexter Skeene (Chairman), Dr Alvin Henderson (vice-chairman), Errol Lovell (former national goalkeeper), Jinelle James (ex-national player and current administrator), Jamaal Shabazz and Muhammad Isa.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why we only have Afro-Trinis on the TTFA staff?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 07:51:33 AM »
Sam

I have been thinking of this for a while, not because I see anything particularly wrong. However, I have been concerned what it says about Afro-Trinis because of the level of total incompetence they have shown.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:05:47 AM »
Well doh forget
I have been thinking of this for a while, not because I see anything particularly wrong. However, I have been concerned what it says about Afro-Trinis because of the level of total incompetence they have shown.

Doh forget Azaad Mohammed-Khan is the Interim General Secretary and he is just as incompetent. Plus it seems dat nobody cyar find him.

And Ramesh Ramdhan did contest de elections, but didn't "win".
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 08:28:46 AM »

David John-Williams (president), Joanne Salazar, Ewing Davis and Allan Warner (vice-presidents), Samuel Saunders (Central FA), Sherwyn Dyer (Eastern Counties Football Union), Karanjabari Williams (Northern FA), Richard Quan Chan (Southern FA), Anthony Moore (Tobago FA), Joseph Taylor (Trinidad and Tobago Football Referees Association), Sharon O’Brien (Women’s League Football), Wayne Cunningham (Eastern FA), Dexter Skeene (Chairman), Dr Alvin Henderson (vice-chairman), Errol Lovell (former national goalkeeper), Jinelle James (ex-national player and current administrator), Jamaal Shabazz and Muhammad Isa.

Maybe it's the same reason why there are only Afro Trini in the NAAA.. But the cricket board tells another story.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:11:08 AM »
Well doh forget

Doh forget Azaad Mohammed-Khan is the Interim General Secretary and he is just as incompetent. Plus it seems dat nobody cyar find him.

Azaad Mohammed-Khan was GS and now is Justin Latapy. And why yuh think they cah find him, he fed up of de wasy things getting run.

Ramesh Ramdhan have nothing to do with the current TTFA.

Maybe if they bring other races and get them involve businesses will start investing more in football because a lot of businesses is owned by other races.

Food for thought.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 09:13:36 AM by Sam »

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 10:54:41 AM »

Excellent point Sam!! It pains me to see this organisation run by people who are both under-educated and lacking in business skill, But this is T&T where incompetence prospers and yes-men hold high positions for a few dollars more.

Mohammed Issa? Jamal Shabazz? a person who committed high treason and should be either dead or still in prison, but for the incompetence of our then govt and the legal brainthrust that was advising it.

Dexter Skeene, though having a tertiary degree,  has proven that his management skill is typically Trini since we have an extremely apathetic electorate (regardless whether national , local or organisation based election). Dexter is incompetent! He has been running a welfare league for God knows how long and has the audacity to call it a pro league.

Although Cricket is by far more properly run, and it aint really a "pro-league" it is highly corrupt, in my opinion,ever since Bassarath has been running it.

Therein lies our dilemma in T&T. Corrupt or incompetence, pick your poison!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:58:13 AM by sub1 »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 11:23:25 AM »
Nothing to do with race, it's greed and more greed...

The dictator and his cabal can run it properly but he sold out, so on the surface it appears to be incompetence.. but it's really corruption and outside interference ...

They have demonstrated that they can hire a capable women's coach but because of corruption they choose not hire the best men's coach nor retain Hart but sabotage him and the team..

With cricket it's the same thing, corruption and money passing from the wicb to keep down trini cricket... no different.. my choices are Murray, dinas and Ganga but they are not corrupt so they are being kept out just like Hart..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 11:29:13 AM »
Well doh forget

He lost the election because he didn't dip into his pocket and pay off the right people...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2017, 11:34:15 AM »

What do you expect from a set of house negroes and Indians... same in cricket with BassRAT and his crew, they all sell out and race is not the problem.. it's the mentality of the people in charge, corruption is their best friend, not patriotism, the people and our nation...

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 03:01:52 PM »

In this School

This is what I see around football

This question going on for decades. I don't think anyone has positioned it to be like this honestly.
TTFA is a different story. As an organization diversity is a valid pursuit if in the interest of the organization's goals. Maybe they aren't thinking that far ahead right now...

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2017, 06:13:47 PM »

Maybe it's the same reason why there are only Afro Trini in the NAAA.. But the cricket board tells another story.

Plain talk bad manners....it's simply because the majority or individuals interested in the sport are Afro Trinis....no need to mentioned cricket cuz we all know what it is and what it always have been. So no need to over analyze cuz we know we country. So race all aside, we just have a bunch of ppl being misled by a leader who shows his incompetency to elevate the sport on a national level and they unwillingness to rock the boat is no surprise cuz of we "eat ah food" mentality.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2017, 07:00:35 PM »

Plain talk bad manners....it's simply because the majority or individuals interested in the sport are Afro Trinis....no need to mentioned cricket cuz we all know what it is and what it always have been. So no need to over analyze cuz we know we country. So race all aside, we just have a bunch of ppl being misled by a leader who shows his incompetency to elevate the sport on a national level and they unwillingness to rock the boat is no surprise cuz of we "eat ah food" mentality.

I wonder how you made that conclusion. When ever I go to a game I see loads of non Africans and by that I mean Indians and people of other ethnic backgrounds.

So in terms of support being mainly African, that is curious.

I would like to know how you deduced that.

Of course most matches I have watched are in POS.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline breezers

• Hero Warrior
  • he who rise against poor ppl shal perish in d end
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2017, 08:00:43 PM »

I wonder how you made that conclusion. When ever I go to a game I see loads of non Africans and by that I mean Indians and people of other ethnic backgrounds.

That's facts not a conclusion....don't take it outta context...the thread speaks to the administrative aspect of the game...so has nothing to public support.
Soca Warriors, Holland And Barcelona,
BIG BIG TEAMS!!!!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2017, 08:38:20 PM »

That's facts not a conclusion....don't take it outta context...the thread speaks to the administrative aspect of the game...so has nothing to public support.

Ok you probably menat ppl interested in terms of  administration.

Can't comment  on that as I don't live in  TT.

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2017, 08:27:24 AM »

Terry Fenwick, Krishendath Kuarsingh, Dinanath Ramnarine and Ramesh Ramdhan was very interested.

Even if de majority is Afro-Trini, we have other races who can and willing to help out.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 08:30:25 AM by Sam »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 08:31:17 AM »
Well doh forget

Azaad Mohammed-Khan was GS and now is Justin Latapy. And why yuh think they cah find him, he fed up of de wasy things getting run.

Ramesh Ramdhan have nothing to do with the current TTFA.

Maybe if they bring other races and get them involve businesses will start investing more in football because a lot of businesses is owned by other races.

Food for thought.

Indians love de sport to., Check de link,

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=64928.msg941277#msg941277

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2017, 09:52:16 AM »
Well doh forget

Well now he is de Interim Manager.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2021, 07:25:34 PM »
I accidentally stumbled across this interesting discussion of January 2017 and figured that the composition of the present Normalization Committee of TT football will serve to provide another perspective to the discourse.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2021, 04:55:55 PM »
This is an interesting topic. Why is that so? We must ask why Indo-Trini parents or community don't encourage their children to participate like they do in cricket. I have known a couple of good Indo Trini players. But very few took the game seriously after HS. Many play in village and minor league. Central Football  league in Couva was one of them. I remember an Indian team in the 60s by the  name of El Dorado from Tunapuna. One black player on the team. Very good team. After 4 years, I never hear about them again. It appears that they could not get young Indo players to continue with the team. Another team was Saddle Boys from San Juan. Kenwyn Cooper told me he played with them for a short while. Same thing happen with them. Why their parents don't encourage them to go further. Because football don't make no money. How much money You all think a player make in this so called pro-league ? Running a maxi is probably more profitable than playing for a "pro" club.

This question can be ask of the other sports in TT. Swimming, field-hockey, rugby, TF, basketball, cycling, volleyball. Indos with business acumen could form teams just like John Williams, Jack Warner, the late Daryl Mahabir(RIP Royal Blue). Until Indos decide to fully take football and other sports seriously by actively participating on they field as players and coaches then we will see some inclusion at the top.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2021, 05:22:18 AM »
In participation and composition, football should mirror society. Diversification of opportunities and responsibilities on merit.

1]; } ?>