March 28, 2024, 12:01:27 PM

Author Topic: The FIFA development fund is a subtle and covert way of controlling TT football  (Read 3525 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
The inability of our local governing body for football to raise money independently of FIFA through private funding, sponsorship, local revenue from the game and sufficient govt allocation, leaves us susceptible to outside interference and control.

The pieces of the puzzle of local football corruption are all coming together now to reveal exactly why certain things happen or why certain things don't happen.

The FIFA development fund should be used for grassroots programs and national youth development programs. Anything outside of this realm should be subject to criticism and skepticism because of FIFAs past that is littered with corruption, especially in relation to senior men's football worldwide.

The fact that our national coaches are vetted, contracted and paid by FIFA means there is a strong possibility of them being controlled and manipulated.

I believe our local federation should at all times, pay for all of our national coaches and not put themselves into a position of vulnerability and subjection by any external force.

Being a part of FIFA and working within their framework is acceptable but there must be some form of autonomy that must exist, especially in relation to funding and control of coaches and national programs.

The question needs to be asked, who approves the funding from FIFA, what are the terms of this allocation and who are the superiors involved?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:20:01 PM by Controversial »

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
True.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
True.

Further to this point, FIFA played an instrumental role in the reworking of the constitution and its aim was to rid us of corruption, nepotism and other factors that have plagued our football...

One of the talking points during the drafting was self sufficiency and proper admin and management. Yet we are now relying on FIFA to pay our coaches under a corrupt president .... it is indeed a farce ...

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So the meeting happening today with the top brass in FIFA and funding for our new coach...

So what deal will be struck, is the sabotage still on with FIFA controlling silently or are we going Russia and FIFA still pulling the strings silently through the dictator and terrorizer ...l

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
I trying my best but I real not seeing any interest from FIFA to control anything in T&T via the fund.

They may make appointments to sure up votes but that isn't about sabotage.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I trying my best but I real not seeing any interest from FIFA to control anything in T&T via the fund.

It depends how you look at it.... from a political perspective, hegemony in the region is tantamount and Trinidad is not a priority, upsetting equations that have been designed for the elite teams would upset the current dynamics... but in order for this to be executed, you need a sell out who is in charge... going against the grain is not profitable to the underbelly of football..
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 11:36:35 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Breds, you surely have somebody on the inside feeding you information. I am not doubting that is a possibility, but I can't see it. Getting money under the table to vote for a certain person, for WC zone allocations, to vote for one country over another. I can see all the presidents taking sides. But to take money to deliberately sabotage your WC chance, where you could make even bigger money is still beyond me. FIFA just went thru a overhaul and FBI investigate them. Two Caribbean men in the doghouse. DJW will do that to tarnish his already damaged reputation.  But you have inside info. I am very skeptical. I want proof.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Breds, you surely have somebody on the inside feeding you information. I am not doubting that is a possibility, but I can't see it. Getting money under the table to vote for a certain person, for WC zone allocations, to vote for one country over another. I can see all the presidents taking sides. But to take money to deliberately sabotage your WC chance, where you could make even bigger money is still beyond me. FIFA just went thru a overhaul and FBI investigate them. Two Caribbean men in the doghouse. DJW will do that to tarnish his already damaged reputation.  But you have inside info. I am very skeptical. I want proof.

I'll give you a small hint... gambling is paramount in football... politics is paramount in football... "a certain nation was beaten in the previous World Cup and there was public outcry" because the winning nation was small.... your image reflects supremacy and power and that transitions to football...
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 01:04:52 AM by Controversial »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile

(My theory) With the US looking like they may not make it, I can see how there can be maneuvering to try and ensure less obstacles.  Under Hart T&T looked like we had began to get it right.  The last 3 T&T v Mexico games have been decided by a single goal.  By comparison US had lost 2 of their last 3 v Mexico and given recent performances not looking like they can best them anytime soon.  Everyoe wants good relations with the US and given recent history FIFA especially wants that.  CONCACAF still has enough voting power that if unified can be an obstacle in FIFA.  Kill 2 birds with one stone by romancing DJW getting him more in tuned with what FIFA may want when voting time comes and creating a potential clearing for the US to get back into CONCACAF top 3.  DJW is an ego-maniacal imps dat tusty fuh money and power.  That easy to sway! 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

(My theory) With the US looking like they may not make it, I can see how there can be maneuvering to try and ensure less obstacles.  Under Hart T&T looked like we had began to get it right.  The last 3 T&T v Mexico games have been decided by a single goal.  By comparison US had lost 2 of their last 3 v Mexico and given recent performances not looking like they can best them anytime soon.  Everyoe wants good relations with the US and given recent history FIFA especially wants that.  CONCACAF still has enough voting power that if unified can be an obstacle in FIFA.  Kill 2 birds with one stone by romancing DJW getting him more in tuned with what FIFA may want when voting time comes and creating a potential clearing for the US to get back into CONCACAF top 3.  DJW is an ego-maniacal imps dat tusty fuh money and power.  That easy to sway! 

:beermug:

You on the right path brother... finally someone who's not thinking in the box and limiting his mind

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
how long this fund been around?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
how long this fund been around?

I believe it's been there since warners time, need to check the full history of it..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So FIFA gave its allocation and approved the contract...

On return from Zurich, the technical committee has all resigned, now the dictator will have people who will not question his authority, this will probably cut off Lasana being fed inside info... he's doing this to cut off the info to the public..

Ttfa will now move more secretive with their underhanded plans... its very strange that after his return the entire committee has now resigned..

Further to this, the ttfa all of a sudden has a huge inflow of cash from FIFA and the govt which he was hiding to the public, which enables him to hire sol and tallest..

Money he said he didn't have to support Hart, which he hid to undermine Harts achievements... if Hart was given the allocations and allowed to build his staff as he requested, we would be on two wins in the hex right now and on our way to qualifying..but the dictator is a house negro who must bow to his masters, he's a sell out, so he undermined our football..

No offense to tallest and sol, I hope they do well but if they don't, it would what I think it is, smoke and mirrors and the Dictator having a tighter grip on our football...

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 01:50:11 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So the allocation is in full swing.... let's see what FIFA has paid for and what happens in our two wc qualifiers ...

As Tim kee said, players helped to sabotage Hart and it added to the spitefulness of the dictator by not providing a full support staff to hart..

It also plays into the Dictators hands, he doesn't need to disclose how much money he got from the pnm, he could steal most of it

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Here it is Flex,

Where I spoke about the FIFA development fund paying for our head coaches .....

I messaged lasana to get a link to the article he had wrote a while back

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Offline Thomo
Sr. Warrior
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)

Re: Dennis Lawrence thread
« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:03 AM »
"Dennis did not make a U-turn. DJW did. Dennis had initially accepted a contract offered by the TTFA Exec Committee but rejected the alterations made by TTFA president DJW.
However, he kept the door open and DJW, who is travelling to FIFA HQ in Zurich this evening, removed the controversial exit clauses he had added to ensure he had a signed document on mutually agreed terms to take to his FIFA bosses.
Monies for the contract (including asst coaches etc re Dennis’ proposal) will be accessed from FIFA Development Fund.
While in Zurich, DJW will also receive his official instruments of appointment to the FIFA Players’ Status Committee, on which he will serve as a member for a four-year term.
Dennis had retained the local law firm of Pamela Elder & Associates to vet his end of the contract"

LMFAO @ DJW. Damn IDIOT!! Public outrage caused this!!

Thomo also read the article in January highlighting the Dictators trip to Zurich and the source of Tallest income from FIFA ....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Tallest has come in and achieved what he came to do, destabilize our football with the dictator

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
FIFA makes money through the sale of television, marketing, and licensing rights for football events like the World Cup. Infrastructure costs for World Cup events are left up to host countries, keeping FIFA's expenses low. In 2018, FIFA generated more than $4.6 billion in revenue.

Controversial was point on, but FIFA not paying the coaches of Lawrence and his agent taking the FA to court.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It pains me to say this but contro you were right all along, the only thing is that you go on these crazy rants making yourself less credible. you had lawrence, DJW and this fifa subventions tagged all along.

I can’t believe how disgustingly low caribbean people could crawl for their supper, making jack warner look like a knight in shinning amour. just listen to all these caribbean federation bosses, from Jeffery web to the bajan we have here now, they’re all a bunch of yes men lackeys.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
FIFA makes money through the sale of television, marketing, and licensing rights for football events like the World Cup. Infrastructure costs for World Cup events are left up to host countries, keeping FIFA's expenses low. In 2018, FIFA generated more than $4.6 billion in revenue.

Controversial was point on, but FIFA not paying the coaches of Lawrence and his agent taking the FA to court.

They proved the subvention was paying Lawrence ... so indirectly or should I say directly controlling Lawrence... it was inevitable that sabotage was the agenda from the beginning

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Hadad is now in charge... this is tracing back to the govt, whether people want to listen or not...

A lot of people are showing their true colours and there are a lot of sell outs

1]; } ?>