March 28, 2024, 09:08:31 AM

Author Topic: Is anything happening with our national team or are we waiting last minute?  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I've noticed that there has been little or no action regarding the senior men's team and we have approx 6 weeks to go...

Why is Dennis waiting till last minute and why is there no updates, with Hart he was proactive and wanted local camps many weeks in advance and was scouting but so far we have no idea what is going on.. no naming of the staff and so forth..

Like the fete and carnival atmosphere kick in for Tallest, the dictator dont mind that, because the less prepared our team the more it plays into his plans
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 02:36:26 PM by Controversial »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
USA playing friendlies, Honduras, Jamaica, Costa Rica...

Trinidad and Tobago just playing d ass...DJW...what going on?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
They are taking their qualifying seriously..

Tallest come home here to rebuild not qualify, they remove a coach who was serious about qualifying for an inexperienced coach who towing the line now and nothing happening..

Why fans even wasting their time with our national football ...it should be a national boycott, but locally they are not serious

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
To be fair to all parties involved we recently played a series of games Dec/Jan and there were numerous issues in even getting a decent team to assemble during that period.

The Pro League season has concluded so my assumption is that there will be a local squad call up. The complex part is that most of the local standout players from the last round of games have gone abroad for trials with teams in pre-season training.

To make matters worse, the players as far as I am aware have not even been paid for the games in Dec/Jan.

I kind of leaning on the side of letting players who are involved in club activity to stay where they are and work on their game. Inactive players hopefully we can get them together in some sort of developmental work. The reality though is that those inactive players, at least the majority will not be involved in the games that matter come March.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
I doh think de league is ova yet, they still have de Pro Bowl and de FA cup to run.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
I doh think de league is ova yet, they still have de Pro Bowl and de FA cup to run.

Sancho said they haven't received prize money for 3 years..

All these tournaments and no money, why skeene don't resign from the pro league as well...

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
LAWRENCE NAMES HIS SENIOR TEAM BACKROOM STAFF

ttfalogo
February 11, 2017
Head coach Dennis Lawrence has finalised his backroom staff for the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team.

Following a comprehensive and detailed review of the Technical positions, Lawrence has agreed to his full staff list.

Lawrence, who was appointed as head coach of the Men’s Senior Team last month, had only previously named Sol Campbell as his assistant coach but was today delighted to finalise this task  of naming his extended backroom staff and is also working on his plans for the build up to the 2018 World Cup Qualifying matches against Panama and Mexico on March 24th and 28th.

Several candidates were interviewed by Lawrence for each position and the successful ones were informed this week.

The National Team Staff is as follows :

Head Coach- Dennis Lawrence
Assistant Coaches – Sulzeer “Sol” Campbell, Stuart Charles Fevrier
Coach – Stern John
Goalkeeper Coach – Ross Russell
Fitness Conditioning Coach- Riedoh Berdien
Team Doctor-Israel Dowlat
Physiotherapist- Dave Isaac
Massage Therapist- Saron Joseph
Evaluation Science GPRS- Stephen Bradley
Match Analyst- Matthew Hawkes
Media Officer – Shaun Fuentes
Equipment Manager- Michael Williams.

So glad that big goatttt babwah not there anymore! Also fevrier and stern as assistant coaches, not bad!!! I like this crew. I wld hv preferred barber over fevrier though...

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Papayo!!

PLENTY to digest here!!

I will just leave this here:

“T&T will never play a WC again. Maybe qualify for the hockey WC [hysterical laughter emoticon].”
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 11:58:02 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Papayo!!

PLENTY to digest here!!

“T&T will never play a WC again. Maybe qualify for the hockey WC [hysterical laughter emoticon].”

Fevrier as asst, the South African who insulted us is back, they get rid of babwah but not the other idiot.. stern is now an asst..

Seems like an ole boys club to me, Tallest put together a staff that consists of drinking padnahs and the dictator probably happy because they go lime and lime some more

Like I said, check mate coming ...

Hart is and was the best choice, too bad he didn't get a full staff like Tallest ... sabotage comes in different forms..

Tallest building for the future and being paid by FIFA so he will be towing the line with the dictator now.. qualifying for Russia is furthest from their minds
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 01:24:07 PM by Controversial »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I personally don't like Fevrier due to his association with DJW but he was the overwhelming choice (before Dennis' appointment) for much of the current crop of players so clearly they are comfortable with him and that's more than likely why Lawrence brought him on board.
Stern would command respect due to his exploits abroad and he's a national treasure and TnT legend. Strikers/forward line coach it seems like.
I've got a similar opinion of Sol but he's more on the defensive side which we desperately need.
That Riedoh Berdien, I'm not too sure about considering he allegedly mocked us. But the players did commend his intense fitness regime and methods.
All in all it is satisfying but I have to wonder why DJW so thick and nasty? Why couldn't this have been provided before? It's as if he reached a place where he knows he has been showed up with the firing of Hart, hiring and firing of Saintfeit, the shenanigans that lead to Dennis' appointment and the resigning of 1/2 his board.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is anything happening with our national team or are we waiting last minute?
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2017, 02:29:47 PM »
Papayo!!

PLENTY to digest here!!

Yuh know...thought about this a lil more...that entire coaching squad never had a head coach position before...LIKE FOR REAL...we in a WC final qualification round and our ENTIRE coaching team was never a head coach...

I am ignorantly optimistic

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2017, 03:34:55 PM »
I personally don't like Fevrier due to his association with DJW but he was the overwhelming choice (before Dennis' appointment) for much of the current crop of players so clearly they are comfortable with him and that's more than likely why Lawrence brought him on board.
Stern would command respect due to his exploits abroad and he's a national treasure and TnT legend. Strikers/forward line coach it seems like.
I've got a similar opinion of Sol but he's more on the defensive side which we desperately need.
That Riedoh Berdien, I'm not too sure about considering he allegedly mocked us. But the players did commend his intense fitness regime and methods.
All in all it is satisfying but I have to wonder why DJW so thick and nasty? Why couldn't this have been provided before? It's as if he reached a place where he knows he has been showed up with the firing of Hart, hiring and firing of Saintfeit, the shenanigans that lead to Dennis' appointment and the resigning of 1/2 his board.

You're now seeing the nastiness with the dictator by not providing Hart will a full support staff ...

Which proves my point, he was sabotaged and with that our team hangs in the balance with a bunch of untested asst coaches and mediocre head coaches on our national level
« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 03:45:15 PM by Controversial »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 05:13:25 PM »

You're now seeing the nastiness with the dictator by not providing Hart will a full support staff ...

Which proves my point, he was sabotaged and with that our team hangs in the balance with a bunch of untested asst coaches and mediocre head coaches on our national level
I've NEVER supported DJW nor was I ever unaware of his arrogance. I gave him a clean slate at the beginning of his tenure which he deserved. You on the other hand had an innate distrust of him from the get go. I don't know you personally to just take your word for it over Internet. I'm bracing for the insults now but I won't reply.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 05:58:31 PM »
What choice does he have but to make sure Tallest gets what is required
Yes he sabotage Hart...To set his choice for the NT job..But that backfired on him
Basically the joke was on his dime...Foolish dotish and impish
The out come he hoped for never materialized..Foolish dotish and impish
The duppy should have tried building what he received ....He reminds me the idiot who the Father gave a talent or two and held in to it ,for fear he might loose it...And so instead of moving forward he stayed in neutral and the end result was in reverse..Waisted time and bloody energy...Now trying to get to where you once were....Foolish dotish and impish

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 07:01:01 PM »
What choice does he have but to make sure Tallest gets what is required
Yes he sabotage Hart...To set his choice for the NT job..But that backfired on him
Basically the joke was on his dime...Foolish dotish and impish
The out come he hoped for never materialized..Foolish dotish and impish
The duppy should have tried building what he received
....He reminds me the idiot who the Father gave a talent or two and held in to it ,for fear he might loose it...And so instead of moving forward he stayed in neutral and the end result was in reverse..Waisted time and bloody energy...Now trying to get to where you once were....Foolish dotish and impish
Exactly my point.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 01:23:40 AM »

I've NEVER supported DJW nor was I ever unaware of his arrogance. I gave him a clean slate at the beginning of his tenure which he deserved. You on the other hand had an innate distrust of him from the get go. I don't know you personally to just take your word for it over Internet. I'm bracing for the insults now but I won't reply.

Insults? For what? You have a right to your opinion and you don't know me, so of course you will view my prediction with some skepticism, that's understandable..

But if you criticize me then that's another story...

Some people had more info than others, so my info from the get go was solid in terms of the path we would be heading on..

Will I support Tallest, yes... do I think he's the best coach for the job and this is the best staff, no...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 07:32:36 AM »
The right man for this job got fired
He never got the support from the top from the beginning...Just as how the last coach who got fired never had that support
Now Hart would not succeed even if he given the opportunity to continue because the chalice had already been corrupted..It's a bloody shame...That I personally cannot make heads roll for this miscarriage of justice..
I followed TimKee' s time with Steve David and my comprehension of this situation got a boost
Contro....big up to you ...You had it right from the beginning
Respect is due
Rastafari

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2017, 12:40:36 AM »
The right man for this job got fired
He never got the support from the top from the beginning...Just as how the last coach who got fired never had that support
Now Hart would not succeed even if he given the opportunity to continue because the chalice had already been corrupted..It's a bloody shame...That I personally cannot make heads roll for this miscarriage of justice..
I followed TimKee' s time with Steve David and my comprehension of this situation got a boost
Contro....big up to you ...You had it right from the beginning
Respect is due
Rastafari

:beermug:

1]; } ?>