March 28, 2024, 08:21:06 AM

Author Topic: Look-Loy look to take TTSL to new heights.  (Read 2077 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Look-Loy look to take TTSL to new heights.
« on: February 11, 2017, 10:28:03 AM »
Look-Loy look to take TTSL to new heights.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Since his resignation as TTFF Technical Adviser and Chairman of the TTFF Technical Committee back in 2011, Keith Look Loy has been itching to get back into the local football circuit at national level and have now resurfaced yearning to make his mark once again, this time, at a different capacity.

Look-Loy was hired by former Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) Adviser Jack Warner as a Youth Development Officer for the TTFF from 1993-1999. Second time around, former TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden called on Look-Loy's services again and named him the TTFF's Technical Adviser, a position he held from 2008 to 2011.

Look-Loy is currently the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) interim president and is also the founder, coach and President of FC Santa Rosa, a Club that participated in the National Super League (NSL) since its establishment in 2012. Recently, he guided them to their first-ever historic Super League Premiership title last season.

The former Arima Boys’ RC School, St. Mary’s College and Howard University player and student also played football for local outfit Fulham SC in 1972 and Arima Football League in the Hayward Shield against all the other leagues and top players. He represented Trinidad and Tobago at the Under-20 level in which he was named captain of the national side in 1971 and 1972 before migrating to the U.S. to take up a scholarship with Howard.

He returned home and coached the national U-17 (1996), U-20 (1994-1998) and U-21 (1994) men's teams. A former member of FIFA’s Football Committee, Technical Study Group (TSG), CONCACAF’s TSG, FIFA and CONCACAF instructor carries a wealth of experience and is hoping he can transform his proficiency into the new proposed TTSL, but there is still one last hurdle standing in his way. The TTSL was launched on the 13th of December 2016 and is still awaiting approval from the governing body (TTFA) to fully commence.

Here is a little Q&A with the revitalised TTSL interim president.

1.Why are you re-branding the current Super League. Wouldn't it had been easier to just take control of the current one and just improve on it. Or, even better yet, run for CEO of the Pro League.
KLL: On the prompting of Anthony Harford and his company, All Sport Promotions Limited (ASP), the TTFA created the National Super League in 2002. This was not a properly constituted league but a competition, like the FA Cup. ASP ran this competition under a franchise purchased from TTFA. This arrangement between TTFA and ASP expired on 31 December 2016. The clubs of the NSL thought it an opportune moment to create a properly constituted league in which to continue playing.

On 13 December, thirteen (13) NSL clubs, keeping the established Super League brand, agreed to form the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) and adopted a constitution. TTSL applied for TTFA membership on 8 January 2017. Our numbers have since increased to twenty-two (22) clubs – all of the clubs that constituted the 2016 NSL.

A few days later, on 13 January 2017, TTSL established a limited liability company (Trinidad and Tobago Super League Limited) to run its commercial affairs. Each TTSL member holds an equal share in the company. In the League’s Founding Agreement we establish a profit-sharing formula that equitably distributes profit among the clubs, based on membership and place in the final season standings.

I have no interest in football office. However at the founding meeting of 13 December 2016 the clubs unanimously asked me to be the League’s interim President. I accepted the position out of a sense of responsibility to my own club, FC Santa Rosa, to other member clubs and to Trinidad and Tobago football. I had/have no interest in being CEO of the TT Pro League.   

2. How do you plan to sustain the league financially.
KLL: Debt and dependency are the DNA of Trinidad and Tobago football. I have insisted, as interim President, that TTSL must not be born in debt and must not seek to be a ward of the State; that TTSL must become financially viable and sustainable. This vision for the League must also be the vision for the member clubs.

That said, modern football clubs depend on several income streams to survive: 1) gate receipts, 2) merchandising, 3) sponsorship, 4) player transfers, and 5) broadcast rights. The first three of these are impossible to create without supporters. This is the strength of the TT Super League club. It is an organic product of a community. Just look at names of our clubs – Palo Seco, Bethel, Matura, Guaya, Marabella, Maracas, Santa Rosa, Cunupia, Barrackpore. I could go on. The community roots of our clubs allow the possibility of generating club income from gate receipts, merchandising and sponsorship, whether local  or national companies.

The TTSL is also involved in talks with a major international broadcaster for sponsorship and broadcast rights. And further beyond that, we expect to close a deal soon with a global brand to provide equipment to our clubs under a sole supplier agreement.     

3. Will the league be considered a Semi-Pro League.
KLL: The fact is that most clubs in TTSL already provide compensation to players in some form or fashion. Indeed, there are players in TTSL who would not be temped by a TT Pro League contract because of their arrangement with a TTSL club. Some clubs compensate players with cash. Others by way of employment. Either way, the TTSL is already a “non-amateur” league. Now we must regularize the status of, and offer protection to, players who are paid by introducing a standard player contract.

4. Will the players and staff be getting paid? A salary cap in other words.
KLL: There will not be a salary cap. Financial arrangements, at least for the foreseeable future, will remain a business between club and player. I would also like to touch on the League Secretary Camara David. He is a bright and well educated young man (FIFA/CIES Masters Degree in Sports Management) and hails from Couva.

5. Will we finally see a promotion and regulation within the league system throughout T&T.
KLL: TTSL is profoundly committed to the eternal football principle of promotion and relegation. This is the democracy of sport and football. A place in TTSL will be earned on merit and not be bought with cash. In our Founding Agreement TTSL clubs collectively committed to an organic connection to Regional Association football - by way of relegation of clubs from TTSL and promotion of clubs from TTFA’s Champion of Champions tournament for Regional Association champions. The issue, however, has always been to ensure a connection to the TT Pro League, which is a closed league, made so by their excessive four hundred thousand dollar (TTD $400.000) registration fee. We have already approached the TT Pro League for a discussion of this, as I explain in Question 9. below.

6. How did these NSL teams been surviving without Government Subvention for so long and will the Government be involved financially with the new TTSL.
KLL:TTSL clubs survived in the NSL (and in Regional Association football) due to community support and the love and sacrifice of those in charge of the clubs. But Love and Sacrifice are not enough to develop TTSL and its member clubs. Only commercial profit will allow our member clubs the resources to develop their internal infrastructure and their product. As I say above, TTSL has no interest in becoming a ward of the State, and in existing largely due to the charity of the public purse. We must love and sacrifice, yes, but we must also work hard and smart at improving our operation off the field (administration and marketing), and our product on the field (football).

I believe the State has a role to play, and a key one, in facilitating sporting development – by providing infrastructure, tax incentives to sponsors and investors, supporting youth programmes and technical education, etc. But it is decidedly NOT the role of the State to fund privately held football clubs and to provide prize money for their competitions, as some sectors have grown accustomed to. So, yes, TTSL has approached the State for assistance with the travel of our clubs between the two islands – we have three (3) members in Tobago – be it direct assistance or by way of an arrangement with Caribbean Airlines, and for discussion of a commercial partnership with TTSL, but we do not seek to beg the State for funding.

7. Now that there are Clubs in Tobago that will participate in the new league, how are you planning to handle the commute and accommodation for teams going there and visiting Trinidad.
KLL: As I say in Question 6. above.

8. What is your ultimate goal for the TTSL.
KLL: The entire objective of the TTSL is to grow the sport. In our member clubs. In the communities to which they belong. We must promote an entertaining product for our people, and for our young people to be attracted to in these dark times in Trinidad and Tobago. And we must maximize the economic benefits of the league to our players, our supporters, the football fraternity, and the country as a whole. All of this hinges on our sustained ability to create a professional operation and to deliver a professional product. TTSL is an exciting and progressive initiative.

9. Will we see some sort of collaboration between the Pro League and the TTSL. How is your relationship with the TTFA and the Pro League bosses, in other words, do you feel you'll get the support.
KLL: TTSL has applied for TTFA membership on 8 January 2017. We believe our acceptance into the Association is taking an inordinately long time as our Constitution is based rigidly on the TTFA model.

We trust that in the immediate post-Carnival period our application will be approved (that long again because TTFA officials have pointed to Carnival and their personal schedules as obstacles to more rapid progress). We really do hope the approval with be smooth.

Regarding the TT Pro League, we wrote to the League CEO seeking a mutual discussion of 1) technical cooperation, 2) joint competitions, and 3) promotion and relegation between the two leagues. The CEO responded by saying that TTPL would seek guidance from TTFA “for further clarification on the process”. We do not know if TTPL has since received any clarification.

10. Can we expect double headers with Pro League games and will the fixture between both run on the same timeline. Also, how will the fans get updates on the league, clubs, players, etc, will we see a website built and efficiently, accurately and often updated.
KLL: The modern world is moved by information and information technology. TTSL already has a facebook page (TT Super League) and I invite all your followers to like and follow it. We are in the process of building our website. We have already begun and will continue using the print and electronic media to get our message out to the public. I cannot say at this point if there will be joint match promotion between TT Super League and TT Pro League. That is left to be seen.

Finally, I must thank you for the opportunity to reach your followers. I and TTSL are always available for open communication in the interest of football.

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 10:48:37 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Look-Loy looks to take TTSL to new heights.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2017, 10:48:37 AM »
Look-Loy looks to take TTSL to new heights.
By Inshan Mohammed.

Since his resignation as TTFF Technical Adviser and Chairman of the TTFF Technical Committee back in 2011, Keith Look Loy has been itching to get back into the local football circuit at national level and have now resurfaced yearning to make his mark once again, this time, at a different capacity.

Look-Loy was hired by former Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation (TTFF) Adviser Jack Warner as a Youth Development Officer for the TTFF from 1993-1999. Second time around, former TTFF General Secretary Richard Groden called on Look-Loy's services again and named him the TTFF's Technical Adviser, a position he held from 2008 to 2011.

Look-Loy is currently the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) interim president and is also the founder, coach and President of FC Santa Rosa, a Club that participated in the National Super League (NSL) since its establishment in 2012. Recently, he guided them to their first-ever historic Super League Premiership title last season.

The former Arima Boys’ RC School, St. Mary’s College and Howard University player and student also played football for local outfit Fulham SC in 1972 and Arima Football League in the Hayward Shield against all the other leagues and top players. He represented Trinidad and Tobago at the Under-20 level in which he was named captain of the national side in 1971 and 1972 before migrating to the U.S. to take up a scholarship with Howard.

He returned home and coached the national U-17 (1996), U-20 (1994-1998) and U-21 (1994) men's teams. A former member of FIFA’s Football Committee, Technical Study Group (TSG), CONCACAF’s TSG, FIFA and CONCACAF instructor carries a wealth of experience and is hoping he can transform his proficiency into the new proposed TTSL, but there are still one last hurdle standing in his way. The TTSL was launched on the 13th of December 2016 and is still awaiting approval from the governing body (TTFA) to fully commence.

Here is a little Q&A with the revitalised TTSL interim president.

1.Why are you re-branding the current Super League. Wouldn't it had been easier to just take control of the current one and just improve on it. Or, even better yet, run for CEO of the Pro League.
KLL: On the prompting of Anthony Harford and his company, All Sport Promotions Limited (ASP), the TTFA created the National Super League in 2002. This was not a properly constituted league but a competition, like the FA Cup. ASP ran this competition under a franchise purchased from TTFA. This arrangement between TTFA and ASP expired on 31 December 2016. The clubs of the NSL thought it an opportune moment to create a properly constituted league in which to continue playing.

On 13 December, thirteen (13) NSL clubs, keeping the established Super League brand, agreed to form the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) and adopted a constitution. TTSL applied for TTFA membership on 8 January 2017. Our numbers have since increased to twenty-two (22) clubs – all of the clubs that constituted the 2016 NSL.

A few days later, on 13 January 2017, TTSL established a limited liability company (Trinidad and Tobago Super League Limited) to run its commercial affairs. Each TTSL member holds an equal share in the company. In the League’s Founding Agreement we establish a profit-sharing formula that equitably distributes profit among the clubs, based on membership and place in the final season standings.

I have no interest in football office. However at the founding meeting of 13 December 2016 the clubs unanimously asked me to be the League’s interim President. I accepted the position out of a sense of responsibility to my own club, FC Santa Rosa, to other member clubs and to Trinidad and Tobago football. I had/have no interest in being CEO of the TT Pro League.   

2. How do you plan to sustain the league financially.
KLL: Debt and dependency are the DNA of Trinidad and Tobago football. I have insisted, as interim President, that TTSL must not be born in debt and must not seek to be a ward of the State; that TTSL must become financially viable and sustainable. This vision for the League must also be the vision for the member clubs.

That said, modern football clubs depend on several income streams to survive: 1) gate receipts, 2) merchandising, 3) sponsorship, 4) player transfers, and 5) broadcast rights. The first three of these are impossible to create without supporters. This is the strength of the TT Super League club. It is an organic product of a community. Just look at names of our clubs – Palo Seco, Bethel, Matura, Guaya, Marabella, Maracas, Santa Rosa, Cunupia, Barrackpore. I could go on. The community roots of our clubs allow the possibility of generating club income from gate receipts, merchandising and sponsorship, whether local  or national companies.

The TTSL is also involved in talks with a major international broadcaster for sponsorship and broadcast rights. And further beyond that, we expect to close a deal soon with a global brand to provide equipment to our clubs under a sole supplier agreement.     

3. Will the league be considered a Semi-Pro League.
KLL: The fact is that most clubs in TTSL already provide compensation to players in some form or fashion. Indeed, there are players in TTSL who would not be temped by a TT Pro League contract because of their arrangement with a TTSL club. Some clubs compensate players with cash. Others by way of employment. Either way, the TTSL is already a “non-amateur” league. Now we must regularize the status of, and offer protection to, players who are paid by introducing a standard player contract.

4. Will the players and staff be getting paid? A salary cap in other words.
KLL: There will not be a salary cap. Financial arrangements, at least for the foreseeable future, will remain a business between club and player. I would also like to touch on the League Secretary Camara David. He is a bright and well educated young man (FIFA/CIES Masters Degree in Sports Management) and hails from Couva.

5. Will we finally see a promotion and regulation within the league system throughout T&T.
KLL: TTSL is profoundly committed to the eternal football principle of promotion and relegation. This is the democracy of sport and football. A place in TTSL will be earned on merit and not be bought with cash. In our Founding Agreement TTSL clubs collectively committed to an organic connection to Regional Association football - by way of relegation of clubs from TTSL and promotion of clubs from TTFA’s Champion of Champions tournament for Regional Association champions. The issue, however, has always been to ensure a connection to the TT Pro League, which is a closed league, made so by their excessive four hundred thousand dollar (TTD $400.000) registration fee. We have already approached the TT Pro League for a discussion of this, as I explain in Question 9. below.

6. How did these NSL teams been surviving without Government Subvention for so long and will the Government be involved financially with the new TTSL.
KLL:TTSL clubs survived in the NSL (and in Regional Association football) due to community support and the love and sacrifice of those in charge of the clubs. But Love and Sacrifice are not enough to develop TTSL and its member clubs. Only commercial profit will allow our member clubs the resources to develop their internal infrastructure and their product. As I say above, TTSL has no interest in becoming a ward of the State, and in existing largely due to the charity of the public purse. We must love and sacrifice, yes, but we must also work hard and smart at improving our operation off the field (administration and marketing), and our product on the field (football).

I believe the State has a role to play, and a key one, in facilitating sporting development – by providing infrastructure, tax incentives to sponsors and investors, supporting youth programmes and technical education, etc. But it is decidedly NOT the role of the State to fund privately held football clubs and to provide prize money for their competitions, as some sectors have grown accustomed to. So, yes, TTSL has approached the State for assistance with the travel of our clubs between the two islands – we have three (3) members in Tobago – be it direct assistance or by way of an arrangement with Caribbean Airlines, and for discussion of a commercial partnership with TTSL, but we do not seek to beg the State for funding.

7. Now that there are Clubs in Tobago that will participate in the new league, how are you planning to handle the commute and accommodation for teams going there and visiting Trinidad.
KLL: As I say in Question 6. above.

8. What is your ultimate goal for the TTSL.
KLL: The entire objective of the TTSL is to grow the sport. In our member clubs. In the communities to which they belong. We must promote an entertaining product for our people, and for our young people to be attracted to in these dark times in Trinidad and Tobago. And we must maximize the economic benefits of the league to our players, our supporters, the football fraternity, and the country as a whole. All of this hinges on our sustained ability to create a professional operation and to deliver a professional product. TTSL is an exciting and progressive initiative.

9. Will we see some sort of collaboration between the Pro League and the TTSL. How is your relationship with the TTFA and the Pro League bosses, in other words, do you feel you'll get the support.
KLL: TTSL has applied for TTFA membership on 8 January 2017. We believe our acceptance into the Association is taking an inordinately long time as our Constitution is based rigidly on the TTFA model.

We trust that in the immediate post-Carnival period our application will be approved (that long again because TTFA officials have pointed to Carnival and their personal schedules as obstacles to more rapid progress). We really do hope the approval with be smooth.

Regarding the TT Pro League, we wrote to the League CEO seeking a mutual discussion of 1) technical cooperation, 2) joint competitions, and 3) promotion and relegation between the two leagues. The CEO responded by saying that TTPL would seek guidance from TTFA “for further clarification on the process”. We do not know if TTPL has since received any clarification.

10. Can we expect double headers with Pro League games and will the fixture between both run on the same timeline. Also, how will the fans get updates on the league, clubs, players, etc, will we see a website built and efficiently, accurately and often updated.
KLL: The modern world is moved by information and information technology. TTSL already has a facebook page (TT Super League) and I invite all your followers to like and follow it. We are in the process of building our website. We have already begun and will continue using the print and electronic media to get our message out to the public. I cannot say at this point if there will be joint match promotion between TT Super League and TT Pro League. That is left to be seen.

Finally, I must thank you for the opportunity to reach your followers. I and TTSL are always available for open communication in the interest of football.

Copyrights of the Soca Warriors Online - Any press using the following article written by Inshan Mohammed are welcome to do so providing they reveal the source and writer. Furthermore, no portion of this article may be copied without proper credit as well.

It's real encouraging because they saying things and doing the things they say in OPEN for people to hear and see. In the current climate people will trust this approach.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Look-Loy look to take TTSL to new heights.
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 07:36:37 PM »
Top stuff Flex.

Keith seems to have a good head on his shoulder, I wish him well.

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 06:37:16 AM »
Does anyone know how you can join one of these TTSL clubs for the new season?

I have a nephew, 21, he lives in the US, the man is a solid left back and I would love for him to team up with one of these clubs.

Any help would be good.

Thanks in advance.

PS, good work as usual Flex, and good luck to Mr. Look Loy.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 09:39:06 AM »
KLL letter to TTFA's General Secretary Justin Latapy-George.

RE: Resolution on the TTSL membership application.

At the Extraordinary General Meeting of the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL) held on 11 February 2017, the following resolution was passed:

"Regarding the agreement of 8 February 2017, between the TTSL's interim board of management and the TTFA Sub-Committee appointed to liaise with the TTSL on its application for TTFA membership, that the application should be settled by mid-March-2017.

Be it resolved that the TTSL General Membership calls on the TTFA Board of Management, at its statutory meeting of March 2017, to finalize a recommendation on the TTSL's membership application to be submitted to an Extraordinary General Meeting of the TTFA to finally decide on the matter."

I appreciate your early response.

Regards.
Keith Look-Loy.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 09:42:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 07:51:51 AM »
Allyuh doh think Dexter kind of worried about this league. If the super league starts to pull more crowd than the pro league, how that go look? I feel TTFA will take their cool time to approve the super league. This league is in direct competition with  DJW football interest.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 11:20:33 AM »
Allyuh doh think Dexter kind of worried about this league. If the super league starts to pull more crowd than the pro league, how that go look? I feel TTFA will take their cool time to approve the super league. This league is in direct competition with  DJW football interest.

Like I said, they sabotaging our football decades now and will continue ....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 11:22:29 AM »

So right. Stall, Stall, Stall,

The fact that the barrier to entry to this league is much lower than Pro League means all Pro League folks will be blocking this improvement

Offline Star Child

• Hero Warrior
  • Pure Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 08:45:30 AM »
The way Skeene running the pro league next thing the TTSL becomes the top league, let's see if the TTSL can attract some sponsors, they already have the community names

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:34:33 AM »
Can't understand the TTSL have 3 Tobago teams and the Pro League have none.

This should be addressed !!..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2017, 03:25:27 PM »
Memorandum of agreement between the TTSL and the TTFA.

Dear Sir,

At the meeting of Monday 20 March 2017 between the TTFA Board’s sub-committee on TTSL and the general membership of TTSL, said sub-committee tabled a proposed Memorandum of Understanding to be signed between TTFA and the clubs of TTSL, which offered to allow the clubs/TTSL to run the National Super League. This proposed MOU was unanimously rejected by the twenty-one (21) TTSL clubs represented at the meeting. In response, TTSL committed to forward a formal proposal counter offer to the TTFA’s rejected MOU. 

TTSL proposes to sign a Memorandum of Agreement with TTFA, which is copied below. This proposed MOA offers an alternative pathway to the recognition of our league, which is based on the TT Pro League model, which is:

1. The ten (10) member clubs of TT Pro League are directly affiliated to the TTFA and are full members of TTFA.

2. These ten (10) member clubs are collectively recognized as TT Pro League, an autonomous league within TTFA, with representation in the TTFA Constitution and General Meeting.

Accordingly, TTSL is of the view that the recognized and established TT Pro League model should applied to TTSL as follows:

1. The current twenty-two (22) member clubs of TT Super League are already directly affiliated to TTFA and are full members of TTFA.

2. These current twenty-two (22) members clubs should be collectively recognized as TT Super League, an autonomous league within TTFA, with representation in the TTFA Constitution and General Meeting.

3. An MOA should be signed between TTFA and TTSL Limited, the legal representative of the twenty-two (22) TTFA members which currently comprise TTSL.

Please note that TTSL is NOT requesting TTFA membership for its administrative and commercial arm, TTSL Limited,  but for recognition of TTSL as an autonomous, second tier league within the hierarchy of Trinidad and Tobago football, which is legally represented by TTSL Limited.

TTFA officials have repeatedly stated the Association’s readiness to approve TTSL. Therefore, TTSL members await TTFA’s urgent response.

Keith Look Loy
TTSL

Below is the entire proposed MOA.

Memorandum of Agreement

This Agreement is made and effective from on xx of xxxx 2017

Between

1. The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (‘TTFA’), a body corporate established under Act No. 17 of 1982 under the Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, which is responsible for the regulation, control, conduct and promotion of football in Trinidad and Tobago.  It is a member of both the Confederation of North, Central America and Caribbean Association Football (‘CONCACAF’) and Fédération Internationale de Football Association (‘FIFA’) on the one part; and

And

2. Trinidad and Tobago Super League Limited, a company incorporated under the Companies Act, Chap. 81:01 of the Laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago to represent the interests of the twenty-two (22) football clubs listed in Schedule 1, which is annexed to this Agreement, and which are full members of the TTFA that played in the 2016 TTFA National Super League (‘TTSL’) on the other part.

By which IT IS AGREED:

FOUNDING PRINCIPLES OF THIS AGREEMENT

1.1 - The Trinidad and Tobago Pro League (‘TT Pro League’) is the first tier of league football in Trinidad and Tobago.

FIFA has mandated TTFA to establish a properly constituted second tier of league football in conjunction with the clubs of the TTFA National Super League.

1.3 - The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) recognizes the Trinidad and Tobago Super League (TTSL), which comprises the clubs that played in the TTFA National Super League, as listed in Schedule A appended hereto.

4. TTFA and TTSL mutually recognize each other and agree to work together to improve and develop the game of football in Trinidad and Tobago.

5. TTFA recognizes Trinidad and Tobago Super League Limited (TTSL Limited) as the sole legal, administrative and commercial representative and arm of TTSL, the full member clubs of which are the sole shareholders in TTSL Limited, as outlined in the company’s by-laws.

PURPOSE OF THIS AGREEMENT

1. The purpose of this Agreement is to establish the terms and conditions under which the TTSL member clubs will establish and manage their own football competitions, in accordance with requirements of the TTFA Constitution.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE AGREEMENT
TTFA hereby agrees with TTSL Limited and recognizes that:

1. TTSL is the second tier of league football in Trinidad and Tobago;

2. TTSL is an autonomous football league comprising the clubs listed in the attached Schedule 1, as may vary from time to time through the system of relegation from or promotion to TTSL;

3. Promotion and relegation between TTSL and Regional Association football will take place by way of the annual TTFA Champion of Champions tournament for Regional Association champions;

4. TTSL member clubs are solely responsible for the establishment and management of the League competition, the League Cup competition and any other competition they may choose to establish;

5. TTSL member clubs retain their status as full members of TTFA, directly affiliated to the TTFA;

6. TTSL replaces the TTFA National Super League in the organizational structure and Constitution of the TTFA;

7. TTSL Limited is the administrative and commercial arm of TTSL, solely responsible for the management of the TTSL;

NO VARIATION

1. This Agreement may not be unilaterally abrogated or amended, and may be altered only by mutual consent of TTFA and TTSL Ltd.

2. Any changes, modifications, revisions or amendments to this Agreement, which are mutually agreed upon by and between TTFA and TTSL Ltd, shall be incorporated by written instrument, and become effective when executed and signed by authorized representatives of both parties to this Agreement.

GOVERNING LAW

1. This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago.

NO PARTNERSHIP OR AGENCY

1. Nothing in this Agreement is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between any of the parties, constitute any party the agent of another party, or authorise any party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of any other party

7.0 - ENTIRETY OF AGREEMENT

7.1 - This Agreement hereto constitutes the entire Agreement between the contracting Parties in connection with the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any previous discussion, agreement, statement, representation, understanding or undertaking whether written or oral given or made before the effective date of this Agreement relating to the subject matter.

SEVERABILITY

1. If any provision or part-provision of this agreement is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of this agreement

2. If one party gives notice to the other of the possibility that any provision or part-provision of this agreement is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the parties shall negotiate in good faith to amend such provision so that, as amended, it is legal, valid and enforceable, and, to the greatest extent possible, achieves the intended commercial result of the original provision

WAIVER

1. No failure or delay by a party to exercise any right or remedy provided under this agreement or by law shall constitute a waiver of that or any other right or remedy, nor shall it prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy. No single or partial exercise of such right or remedy shall prevent or restrict the further exercise of that or any other right or remedy.

RIGHTS AND REMEDIES

1. All rights granted to either of the parties shall be cumulative and the exercise by either of the parties of any right under this Agreement shall not restrict or prejudice the exercise of any other right granted by this Agreement or otherwise available to it

THIRD PARTY RIGHTS

11.1  - Except where expressly provided to the contrary, this Agreement is not intended to be for the benefit of, and shall not be enforceable by any person who is not specifically named at the date of this Agreement as a party to it, and neither party can declare itself a trustee for the benefit of a third party.

DISPUTE RESOLUTION

1. The parties acknowledge and agree that they shall adopt a policy of trying to reach settlement of all matters at issue between them by an amicable process of negotiation and mediation.

2. Any and all claims, controversies, disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement and which remain unresolved after direct negotiation with the parties, including any question regarding its existence, validity or termination, the Parties agree to submit the dispute to Mediation, and any signed resolution arrived at in Mediation shall be binding upon the Parties. In the event that the Parties cannot agree a Mediator, such Mediator shall be appointed by the Chairman of the Dispute Resolution Centre of Trinidad and Tobago.

3. If either party fails or refuses to agree to or participate in the ADR procedure or where the Parties fail to arrive at a resolution in Mediation within 10 days of the commencement of such Mediation or in any event the dispute is not resolved within 60 calendar days after it has arisen, either party may, by notice in writing, inform the other party of its intention to pursue any other remedies that may be available to it, provided that no such conduct, statements, promises, offers, views and opinions expressed during the course of the mediation shall be used in any subsequent litigation proceedings.

4. Both parties reserve all their respective rights in the event that no agreed resolution shall be reached in the ADR procedure, and neither shall be deemed to be precluded from taking such interim formal steps as may be considered necessary to protect such party’s position or to preserve any legal right or remedy while the mediation or other ADR procedure is pending or continuing.

AS WITNESS whereof this Agreement has been signed on behalf of the parties.

SIGNED BY DAVID JOHN WILLIAMS
PRESIDENT
and duly authorized representative of
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION in the presence of:

SIGNED BY KEITH LOOK LOY
DIRECTOR
and duly authorized representative of
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO SUPER LEAGUE LIMITED in the presence of:

Title of Witness
Secretary Trinidad and Tobago Super League Limited

Name of Witness
Camara David

SCHEDULE 1

List of Clubs

Barrackpore United FC
Bethel FC
Central 500 Spartans FC
Club Sando
Cunupia FC
FC Santa Rosa
Guaya United FC
Marabella Family Crisis Centre
Matura Reunited FC
Petit Valley United FC
Petrotrin Palo Seco Sports Club
1976 Phoenix FC
Prisons FC
Queen’s Park Cricket Club
Real Maracas FC
Saddle Hill Hotspur FC
Siparia Spurs FC
Defence Force FC
Police FC
University of Trinidad and Tobago
WASA FC
Youth Stars FC

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 02:50:14 PM »
Nah man, TTSL still waiting to get approved by TTFA... 

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2017, 05:15:05 AM »
Look Loy quiet these days and de SL suppose to start soon.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »
Nah man, TTSL still waiting to get approved by TTFA... 

Ttfa won't approve, they are sabotaging our local football

1]; } ?>