March 28, 2024, 03:44:35 AM

Author Topic: Keston Julien Thread  (Read 10909 times)

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keston Julien Thread
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:38:18 AM »
Looks like Julien has joined Peltier's old team in Slovakia. Did not see an announcement but he is listed on their official site. I guess this is why he will miss the U20s. All the best.

http://www.astrencin.sk/hrac.asp?id=Keston-Julien-869&sezona=2017&kategorie=MUZ
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 08:06:10 PM by Tallman »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keston Julien joins AS Trencin
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2017, 04:04:13 AM »
Looks like Julien has joined Peltier's old team in Slovakia. Did not see an announcement but he is listed on their official site. I guess this is why he will miss the U20s. All the best.

http://www.astrencin.sk/hrac.asp?id=Keston-Julien-869&sezona=2017&kategorie=MUZ

Two things come to mind.

1. De Warrior Boss will be eagerly tracking his bank deposits.

2. The U20s played through Julien extensively. How have they adjusted in his absence? There might be a silver lining here.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:15:30 AM »
Teenaged Warriors defender and ex-Pres star, Julien, completes pro move to Slovakia.
By Wired868.com.

Eighteen year old Trinidad and Tobago national youth team left back Keston Julien will represent mid-table Slovakia outfit, AS Trenčín, this season after he completed his move to Europe today.

Julien transferred to Trenčín from Pro League outfit, San Juan Jabloteh. His move was negotiated by Netherlands agent Humphry Nijman and his local representative Dion Sosa.

Julien, a former Presentation College (San Fernando) student, was a member of the current Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 Team but skipped the ongoing CONCACAF competition to attend pre-season with the Slovakian club. In return, Trenčín rewarded the teenager with a 14-month deal.

Julien follows in the footsteps of former Jabloteh players Robert Primus and Sheldon Bateau, former Marabella Family Crisis Centre winger Levi Garcia and the late Akeem Adams—a former Point Fortin Civic left back—who all secured deals in Europe after being scouted by Nijman and Sosa.

The composed left back made his senior international debut at just 16 years old when he debuted for W Connection in a 4-0 CONCACAF Champions League defeat away to Mexican champions Santos Laguna on 4 August 2015.

But his time with the “Savonetta Boys” was short-lived, as he returned to the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) competition with Presentation before leaving for Super League outfit, Marabella, and then Jabloteh.

He spent barely six months at Jabloteh before Trenčín decided he was ready for Europe.

Julien will wear the number three shirt for the cosmopolitan Slovakian club, which has three Nigerians, two Brazilians and an Argentine on their roster.

Garcia, who was also eligible to represent the Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 Team but was not released by his employers, scored AZ Alkmaar’s lone goal today as they were routed 7-1 by France powerhouse team, Lyons, in UEFA Europa league action.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:27:36 AM »
Keston's absence from the U-20s is interesting. I know of another player who wanted to go on trial but was asked to delay going because the team was in pre-tournament prep.

Congrats to the baller on signing. The younger they are sent, the better.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
You have to wonder if these two guys could have made a difference in our 1-1 tie with Bermuda and our 1-0 lost to CR. Maybe ?? I think they could have. But we will never know. Too bad.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 04:44:39 PM »
You have to wonder if these two guys could have made a difference in our 1-1 tie with Bermuda and our 1-0 lost to CR. Maybe ?? I think they could have. But we will never know. Too bad.
I feel without any doubt we would have gone on to qualify if we had them,things like that really does hurt.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 06:26:57 PM »
Yeah, we fielded a B+ team dey. We had more skillful players, but for one reason or another were unable to get them.

But T&T weren't the only ones to field such a squad. . .

So we are not seeing the best of the U20s dis rounds. . .it's a substandard Tourney
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:43:09 AM »
Julien to line up in Europa Qualifier for Trencin on Thursday.
TTFA Media.

Former national under 20 player Keston Julien is likely to start for Slovak club AS Trencin in the UEFA Europa League Second Round qualifying match against Bnei Yehuda Tel-Aviv of Israel on Thursday.

Julien, 18, signed with Trencin in January of this year, penning a three and a half year deal after previously being attached to W Connection and San Juan Jabloteh. He is currently the youngest T&T player to possess a pro contract in Europe with 19-year-old Levi Garcia next on the list. So far he’s made five appearances for Trencin, making his debut in February against Slovan Bratislava. But injury sidelined him until recently and now he’s back in the Trencin gameday roster.

“It was pretty challenging at first with the weather, It was  minus 18 when I got here (Slovakia) but I adapted after a couple weeks. I started playing six or seven games right away and then I dropped in form a bit so I was on the bench.  I got back into the first team just before the end of the season,” Julien told TTFA Media on Monday.

Julien missed the club’s past two Europa matches which included a 3-0 win over Torpedo Kutaisi in the first round.

“I didn’t play the last couple Europa games because of injury but I am fit again and in full training with the first team. I’m in the starting team for Thursday so I am looking forward to it because it’s a huge opportunity for us,” the left-back added.

Julien described the training as something that was totally new to him. His current club is the former employers of T&T’s Lester Peltier.

“Everyday it’s hard and intense work out here. We train five days for the week with one day rest plus game day. In those five days, two days will be double session with gym work and so. It’s a lot tougher than anything I had ever experienced in Trinidad, “Julien said .

“You have to be ready everyday because what you do on the field is what determines how the game goes and whether you are selected or not. This experience is shaping me, I believe, into a better player.

“My ambition is to get into the national senior team because that is every player’s dream especially when you are playing at the European level where all the players are striving to make their national team,” Julien added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2017, 08:18:50 PM »
Teenaged Warriors defender and ex-Pres star, Julien, completes pro move to Slovakia.
By Wired868.com.

Eighteen year old Trinidad and Tobago national youth team left back Keston Julien will represent mid-table Slovakia outfit, AS Trenčín, this season after he completed his move to Europe today.

Julien transferred to Trenčín from Pro League outfit, San Juan Jabloteh. His move was negotiated by Netherlands agent Humphry Nijman and his local representative Dion Sosa.

Julien, a former Presentation College (San Fernando) student, was a member of the current Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 Team but skipped the ongoing CONCACAF competition to attend pre-season with the Slovakian club. In return, Trenčín rewarded the teenager with a 14-month deal.

Julien follows in the footsteps of former Jabloteh players Robert Primus and Sheldon Bateau, former Marabella Family Crisis Centre winger Levi Garcia and the late Akeem Adams—a former Point Fortin Civic left back—who all secured deals in Europe after being scouted by Nijman and Sosa.

The composed left back made his senior international debut at just 16 years old when he debuted for W Connection in a 4-0 CONCACAF Champions League defeat away to Mexican champions Santos Laguna on 4 August 2015.

But his time with the “Savonetta Boys” was short-lived, as he returned to the Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) competition with Presentation before leaving for Super League outfit, Marabella, and then Jabloteh.

He spent barely six months at Jabloteh before Trenčín decided he was ready for Europe.

Julien will wear the number three shirt for the cosmopolitan Slovakian club, which has three Nigerians, two Brazilians and an Argentine on their roster.

Garcia, who was also eligible to represent the Trinidad and Tobago National Under-20 Team but was not released by his employers, scored AZ Alkmaar’s lone goal today as they were routed 7-1 by France powerhouse team, Lyons, in UEFA Europa league action.

https://youtu.be/BLTEpr1V_w4 and here is the Garcia goal, and boy was it a beauty.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2019, 03:36:49 PM »
WATCH: Defender Keston Julien scores the opening goal in AS Trenčín's 1-1 draw with ŠKF Sereď

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2pTUmmRbjHI?start=70" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2pTUmmRbjHI?start=70</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 11:03:46 AM »
WATCH: Keston Julien scores with a long-range shot to earn AS Trenčín a 2-2 draw with Zlaté Moravce

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/P0mAi1A7jww?start=273" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/P0mAi1A7jww?start=273</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Keston Julien Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 08:07:05 PM »
Defender Keston Julien has joined Moldovan National Division Champions FC Sheriff Tiraspol. Keston spent the previous three seasons in Slovakia with AS Trenčín.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2020, 06:07:32 AM »
Defender Keston Julien has joined Moldovan National Division Champions FC Sheriff Tiraspol. Keston spent the previous three seasons in Slovakia with AS Trenčín.

Tallman is this a stronger  league ?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2020, 06:09:04 PM by Tallman »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2020, 09:43:20 AM »
Tallman will undoubtedly weigh in,  but the answer is effectively "no". That stated, the quality of the league is not the only relevant or impacting consideration in this case. He will very likely have an opportunity to play in European club competition matches at Tiraspol.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2020, 02:56:25 PM »
Tallman will undoubtedly weigh in,  but the answer is effectively "no". That stated, the quality of the league is not the only relevant or impacting consideration in this case. He will very likely have an opportunity to play in European club competition matches at Tiraspol.

I was expecting him to make a move to a stronger league .. who is his agent ? so this is the new norm with our players ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2020, 04:14:35 PM »
On the face of it, it's not the worst move.  It's not the most glamorous country, but Sheriff Tiraspol has top class facilities. He's going to be very comfortable in his playing and training environment.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2020, 06:08:31 PM »

No, it's a weaker league. The UEFA Country Coefficent for Slovakia is 30 and for Moldova it is 41. Most of the players on Moldova's national team play in the local league, and right now the country is ranked 175 by FIFA. They've won four games in the last four years.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2020, 06:16:58 PM »

I was expecting him to make a move to a stronger league .. who is his agent ? so this is the new norm with our players ...

Humphrey Nijman is his agent. He's also Levi Garcia's agent. His biggest client is Liverpool's Georginio Wijnaldum, but he doesn't appear to have much else. Levi is his second most valuable player.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 06:17:55 AM »

No, it's a weaker league. The UEFA Country Coefficent for Slovakia is 30 and for Moldova it is 41. Most of the players on Moldova's national team play in the local league, and right now the country is ranked 175 by FIFA. They've won four games in the last four years.

I bet our national team can beat maldova ........we aim to qualify for a world cup rite ? ok calling  all tt dual nationals football players no more of this  moving to a weaker league = no call up ..... next stop faroe islands premier league ....!!!!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:16:33 AM by Trini _2022 »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2020, 02:36:03 PM »
Keston Julien: "It was a good time in Slovakia, but it's time to move forward"
FC Sheriff Press Office

Newly minted FC Sheriff defender Julien Keston gave his first interview to the press office of the club. The player from the exotic republic of Trinidad and Tobago told about himself, about his playing in the Slovak Championship and about his experience of playing in the Europa League.

- Julien, why did you decide to move to FC Sheriff?
- My last club in Slovakia offered me to sign a new contract, but I decided that I must take the next step in my career. I'm 21 and it's time to move towards a better future. Then FC Sheriff made a good offer and I accepted it. This is a great team - the permanent champion of Moldova, good players, good coaches.

- How did it happen that you chose the position of a defender in football?
- I've always been a defender, even in my early years, even before I became a professional. I also played as left winger. With high speed, it was possible to play in this position. But when I reached the professional level, the coaches put me in the position of left back, in this position I am the most powerful.

- If not football, in what profession could you see yourself?
- I think, if it was not football, I would be in the military sphere, for example, in the armed forces of my country.

- Three years of playing for the Slovak Trencin - tell us about this period in your career.
- I spent 3 years in Slovakia and it was a good experience that gave me my first chance to perform in Europe. I was 18 then. Time flies quickly, I managed to play in the Europa League qualifiers and make it to the playoffs. I got a lot there. They made me the player I am now, and I have achieved all of this with my hard work and diligence. It was a good time, but it's time to move forward.

- Last season you and your team reached the 4th round of the Europa League. How do you assess this success for yourself?
- In 2018 we reached the 4th round in the Europa League, it was a great experience. We played against football clubs Podgorica, Gornik Zabrze, Feyenoord and AEK Larnaca. It was a good football trip. Like any player from a small country - Trinidad and Tobago - my dream is to go through to the group stage of the Europa League or Champions League.

- Was it hard after the match with FC AEK Larnaca? When you lost away and a place in the Europa League playoffs ...
- Yes, the match in Larnaca was really tough. In Slovakia, we drew 1: 1, then we had to go to Larnaca for the second leg. It was difficult there - there are good players in the AEK team, they managed to score at the very beginning of the game, which made our task even more difficult. We fought to the end, but, unfortunately, we did not manage to turn the game around. I was very upset and could not even hold back my tears, because, as I said, my dream was to play in the group stage of the Europa League.

- How do you see yourself in the new team, in particular, in terms of participation in the championship and Champions League games?
- I see myself as a part of the team, there are good players here. When I came here, I met the players and coaches - all are 100% professionals. I see myself in the starting lineup, I have to fight for a place in the starting lineup. And, of course, I strive to help the team to go through to the Champions League group stage.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2020, 09:49:36 AM »
WATCH: Defender Keston Julien scores his first goal for FC Sheriff Tiraspol in a comprehensive 4-0 win over FC Zimbrau Chișinău. Julien also provided the assist on the second goal.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5jqpjIeVWHM?start=52" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5jqpjIeVWHM?start=52</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2020, 12:32:20 PM »
Defender ?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2020, 04:03:53 PM »
FC Sheriff Tiraspol's Keston Julien named to the Moldovan National Division Team of the Week (Round 13) for his goal and assist against FC Zimbrau Chișinău.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2021, 02:12:27 PM »
Defender Keston Julien has won the first piece of silverware in his professional career when FC Sheriff Tiraspol captured their 19th Moldovan National Division Championship following a 6-0 demolition of FC Milsami Orhei.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »
Defender Keston Julien has won the first piece of silverware in his professional career when FC Sheriff Tiraspol captured their 19th Moldovan National Division Championship following a 6-0 demolition of FC Milsami Orhei.

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2021, 11:06:23 PM »

Is he LW or defender ?

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2021, 07:00:40 AM »

Is he LW or defender ?
Both - plays all along the left

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2021, 07:14:04 AM »
Keston Julien chats about his team FC Sheriff securing its 19th title and UCL ambitions.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9WaLOBShQuM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9WaLOBShQuM</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2021, 06:29:43 AM »
So he thinks "only Hyland played Champions League group stage" ...?  We asked fuh that. Collective failure. Yes, Deeks, we.

Trees without roots.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 06:33:55 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>