April 29, 2024, 03:36:10 AM

Author Topic: Jamille Boatswain Thread  (Read 7693 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jamille Boatswain Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 02:06:41 PM »
I would love for my teammates and other players back home to really experience this and realise why it is they need to start doing everything quicker. It’s the way football is played now and you need to be processing everything rapidly when you are on the field, quick

I think everybody would agree with this.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2017, 05:35:46 PM »
And that's why players from the local TT Pro league who have never played abroad should have no business on the National Team

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2017, 07:24:14 PM »
And that's why players from the local TT Pro league who have never played abroad should have no business on the National Team

While we all agree the best players should get a chance to go overseas for improvement, we all know that will not happen for most of them. The local league has to step up their game. But I disagree that no local player who has not played overseas should not be on the national team. You not making sense there, Breds. For them to go overseas, they more than likely will have to play for the senior national team( probably U-17, U-19) for some type of observation from the foreign coaches and scouts.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2017, 08:06:20 PM »

While we all agree the best players should get a chance to go overseas for improvement, we all know that will not happen for most of them. The local league has to step up their game. But I disagree that no local player who has not played overseas should not be on the national team. You not making sense there, Breds. For them to go overseas, they more than likely will have to play for the senior national team( probably U-17, U-19) for some type of observation from the foreign coaches and scouts.

deeks boy yuh remember when hart get all dem friendlies outside d fifa window and couldn't get d first team, I noted that those fellas from d pro league played several ticks slower than d first team..........and yuh could see hart frustration in dem games when d camera ketch him, he would be gesturing for dem fellas to move d ball faster, so as to play d game faster and dem fellas would not or could not comply........is ah shame dat ah man have to leave these shores to realize we play tooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow and it extends from SSFL right through to PFL
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:08:29 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2017, 08:35:28 PM »

deeks boy yuh remember when hart get all dem friendlies outside d fifa window and couldn't get d first team, I noted that those fellas from d pro league played several ticks slower than d first team..........and yuh could see hart frustration in dem games when d camera ketch him, he would be gesturing for dem fellas to move d ball faster, so as to play d game faster and dem fellas would not or could not comply........is ah shame dat ah man have to leave these shores to realize we play tooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooow and it extends from SSFL right through to PFL

Truth in what you say. But the Pro-league and the Super coaches and technical committees are the ones who have to implement programs to speed up play in TT football. But I don't think all of them know how to implement such a program. In addition some players calling for back salaries. How could you coach and encourage them to speed up their play. Speeding up the flow of the game requires fit and strong individuals.  From the 2 recent CCL games, Jabloteh and Central players looked woefully lacking. Arabe outmusculed our guys. They were getting to the ball quicker.

Another thing that has me perplexed is Defence Force. This team should be in the top two of the proleague. They may not have the cream of the crop, but they do have good players. They have no money issues. They have time to practice, but they are woeful. If they serious about getting back on top, they should hire an outside coach, or even a foreigner. It may sound surprising or contradictory coming from me. But I feel that this team is underperforming with the resources that they have at hand.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 08:37:09 PM by Deeks »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2017, 09:10:01 PM »
The only way the league steps us the level is if they bring some foreign coaches and players. But not from amateur Caribbean islands. The low hanging fruit is Mexicans. Why? Because the USD to Pesos exchange is awful now and because their top two divisions are flooded with foreign players and the third division is only for U25, so there are fairly quality players over 25 who are left out of the system and immigrate to Central America, mostly Costa Rica and Guatemala. Mexican football tends to be fast pace, aggressive on the ball, give it all mentality. That's what's lacking in TT Pro league.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2017, 09:21:33 PM »
Mexican football tends to be fast pace, aggressive on the ball, give it all mentality. That's what's lacking in TT Pro league.

I totally agree with you on the fast pace of Mexican football. To be honest, the pro-league or super league should hire Mexicans as technical directors to improve and help speed up the game. The problem is, where they getting the money to do such thing.  So we in in catch-22.

Getting back to DF. In the past their brand of soccer was fast-pace and one touch. They used to out run and out gun every team in the land and for a brief period in Concacaf. The only reason DF don't have more CCL is because there was no incentives. The prize was a trophy and a chance to play the South American champs. It did not matter if you beat the South Americans. They always get to play for the Toyota Cup against the  Euro champs  for the  "world Club championship"
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:38:29 PM by Deeks »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2017, 06:45:11 AM »
The only way the league steps us the level is if they bring some foreign coaches and players. But not from amateur Caribbean islands. The low hanging fruit is Mexicans. Why? Because the USD to Pesos exchange is awful now and because their top two divisions are flooded with foreign players and the third division is only for U25, so there are fairly quality players over 25 who are left out of the system and immigrate to Central America, mostly Costa Rica and Guatemala. Mexican football tends to be fast pace, aggressive on the ball, give it all mentality. That's what's lacking in TT Pro league.

Please comment on the admission policy regarding foreigners and the Mexican third tier.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2017, 06:50:07 AM »
Truth in what you say. But the Pro-league and the Super coaches and technical committees are the ones who have to implement programs to speed up play in TT football. But I don't think all of them know how to implement such a program. In addition some players calling for back salaries. How could you coach and encourage them to speed up their play. Speeding up the flow of the game requires fit and strong individuals.  From the 2 recent CCL games, Jabloteh and Central players looked woefully lacking. Arabe outmusculed our guys. They were getting to the ball quicker.

Another thing that has me perplexed is Defence Force. This team should be in the top two of the proleague. They may not have the cream of the crop, but they do have good players. They have no money issues. They have time to practice, but they are woeful. If they serious about getting back on top, they should hire an outside coach, or even a foreigner. It may sound surprising or contradictory coming from me. But I feel that this team is underperforming with the resources that they have at hand.

How many of the clubs have weight rooms?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 06:53:13 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2017, 10:30:49 AM »
Honestly, I don't know about club weight facilities in TT. Maybe individuals use private gyms on their own. I don't know.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2017, 10:57:04 AM »

Please comment on the admission policy regarding foreigners and the Mexican third tier.

I am not sure but I see so many amateurish players coming in from other Caribbean islands and Colombia

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2017, 11:39:43 AM »
Honestly, I don't know about club weight facilities in TT. Maybe individuals use private gyms on their own. I don't know.

Some will go to the gym and some will not. Is that professional? Some will show up for practice and some won't. Is that professional?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2017, 05:02:47 PM »
I would expect W Connection, DF and prob. Police to have club facilities. The Barracks in St. James should have a gym. I don't know. You would expect DF to have one in Chag. That I don't know. DJW with all his money should have one in Savonetta where they train. Again, dont know either.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2017, 02:06:35 PM »
Boatswain is so not needed in Alajuelense they let him leave early before the match with Saprissa https://www.facebook.com/lda.cr/posts/10154844233601127

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2017, 02:10:57 PM »
Boatswain is so not needed in Alajuelense they let him leave early before the match with Saprissa https://www.facebook.com/lda.cr/posts/10154844233601127
what ??
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:16:44 PM by Trini _2018 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2017, 02:32:50 PM »
what ??

He has been getting almost no playing time and that's with the coach who agreed to bring him who has now been fired this past Monday. The new coach lets him leave two days early skipping the Sunday match with Saprissa (players don't need to be released until Monday otherwise). Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Trinidad for good because I know the team is actively looking for a replacement before the transfer window closes.

That's the problem with some agents. They offer the wrong players to teams that have high expectations. Result? The Costa Rica market will be closed for T&T players after this.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 02:42:07 PM by Dutty Love »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2017, 02:56:27 PM »
what ??

He has been getting almost no playing time and that's with the coach who agreed to bring him who has now been fired this past Monday. The new coach lets him leave two days early skipping the Sunday match with Saprissa (players don't need to be released until Monday otherwise). Wouldn't be surprised if he stays in Trinidad for good because I know the team is actively looking for a replacement before the transfer window closes.

That's the problem with some agents. They offer the wrong players to teams that have high expectations. Result? The Costa Rica market will be closed for T&T players after this.

Was it ever open?

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
what ??

Was it ever open?

Yes because Aubrey David had done fairly well there. But obviously he was more experienced and playing full back has a different pressure than playing striker.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2017, 03:13:24 PM »
what ??

Was it ever open?

Yes because Aubrey David had done fairly well there. But obviously he was more experienced and playing full back has a different pressure than playing striker.

My point is your statement is an exaggeration. The door has never really been open and unfair to pin the future on Boatswain's political signing.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 03:16:23 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2017, 03:18:58 PM »
Well until now they gave the benefit of the doubt. After this not anymore. Check that facebook post and see comments from fans. Reminds of Willis Plaza times in Alianza.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »
Well until now they gave the benefit of the doubt. After this not anymore. Check that facebook post and see comments from fans. Reminds of Willis Plaza times in Alianza.
The sky not falling man - aniel Cruz Una.pregunta ese jugador es bueno o malo?

-Saludos desde Honduras! 💪💪💪
1 · 2 hrs
Brandon Mendoza
Brandon Mendoza Es bueno pero aún no ha tenido minutos como tiene que ser. Juega como 15 minutos cada partido. No tiene mucho ritmo
2 · 2 hrs
Armando Barquero
Armando Barquero Es bueno pero no está dentro de la argolla de La Liga
53 mins
Arc Marin
Arc Marin Mae no.. bueno para mi es malo.. lo que pasa es que le mete ganas pero no le veo definición..

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2017, 05:38:55 PM »
You realize Alajuelense is terrible this season? And he is not getting playing time with the coach who brought him there and now with the new one who did not pick him for the match vs Saprissa?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2017, 05:39:25 PM »
WATCH: Jamille Boatswain scores his first goal for Liga Deportiva Alajuelense in their 3-0 win over Municipal Grecia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mDfZE4yc_iM?start=287" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mDfZE4yc_iM?start=287</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2017, 08:19:57 AM »
WATCH: Jamille Boatswain scores his first goal for Liga Deportiva Alajuelense in their 3-0 win over Municipal Grecia

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mDfZE4yc_iM?start=287" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mDfZE4yc_iM?start=287</a>
offside goal. wonderful effort though but a tad offside.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2017, 09:35:30 AM »
The fact that he crying at least shows me he hungry.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2017, 11:18:51 PM »
Awe man, d man put down ah hard cry. Heart in it. Ya gotta love something about that.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2017, 12:26:36 PM »
Striker Jamille Boatswain has been released by Liga Deportiva Alajuelense after five months. During that time, Boatswain made six appearances (four as a substitute) in the Costa Rican Primera División, scoring one goal, and two appearances in the CONCACAF Champions League.
http://lda.cr/inicio/2017/11/03/comunicado-oficial-sobre-planilla-del-equipo-de-primera-division/

Alajuelense release Boatswain after four months; agents discuss life for T&T players in Latin America.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Trinidad and Tobago international forward Jamille Boatswain’s whirlwind move to the Costa Rica First Division lasted just four months.

The former St Benedict’s College student and Defence Force and Point Fortin Civic poacher is on the lookout for a new opportunity after LD Alajuelense cut him from their roster today.

Boatswain, who signed a two-year contract with the renowned Costa Rican club in late June 2017, was one of eight players offloaded by Alajuelense today. Costa Rica’s football season is split in two with an opening and closing season and Boatswain was deemed surplus to requirements for the latter half of the club’s schedule.

In his four months with Alajuelense, Boatswain managed two starts and six appearances with one goal.

However, he struggled to get playing time once Benito Floro, the coach who signed him, was replaced as head coach by former club hero, Wílmer López, in August. And the club activated a termination clause in his contract.

Boatswain’s agent, Sergi Roca, felt it was better that the 24-year-old found a team where he had a better chance of playing and insisted that, within hours of his release, there were other teams enquiring about his availability.

Roca, who is from Spain, said the player has enjoyed his time in Costa Rica so far and would prefer to find another club there.

“I think he will get a second chance but I am first in conversation with Costa Rica because he likes the country,” Roca told Wired868. “Jamille’s experience was productive for his career and now he is open to new challenges to continue growing as a player.”

Boatswain was one of a handful of Trinidad and Tobago players to head to Latin America in 2017, along with players like Daneil Cyrus, Jan-Michael Williams (both Honduras), Leston Paul (El Salvador) and Darren “Chucky” Mitchell (Guatemala).

Compatriots Jerrel Britto (Honduras), Dwane James (El Salvador), Jomal Williams and Shahdon Winchester (both Mexico) were already there while also on the radar of Central American clubs were a host of other players such as Curtis Gonzales, Hashim Arcia (both Defence Force), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Sean De Silva, Jason Marcano (both Central FC) and Neil Benjamin Jr (W Connection).

W Connection and St Lucia international Kurt Frederick is at Alajuelense at present.

“Central American clubs have turned their backs on the Caribbean for decades [and were] obsessed with signing amateur South American players for large amounts of money,” said Roca. “Clubs are maturing, moving from a fetish attitude to a realistic attitude. The Caribbean is within reach and is a natural catchment area for continental teams.

“These leagues of intermediate level represent the ideal step in the development of a Caribbean player to its maximum level. If they succeed in Central America, the next step is Europe, Mexico or MLS.

“Here, they can be seen by clubs from all over the world, since they are fully professionalized leagues where it is very easy to get videos, something vital nowadays.”

Apart from Boatswain, Roca manages Britto, Cyrus, Williams, Mitchell and Frederick. But he admits it has been a mixed bag for the regional players.

Moving from playing in front of mostly empty stadiums in Trinidad to the pressure of playing in front of thousands of demanding supporters in Central America constitutes a big change. And, as Boatswain also discovered, there is often little time to settle in since clubs expect a return on their investment almost immediately.

At present, Cyrus is one of the first names on the Juticalpa team sheet in Honduras while Britto is a genuine star at Honduras Progreso and James and Paul are also doing well at CD Pasaquina in El Salvador.

But, after an encouraging start, Williams has lost his place between the uprights at Juticalpa while Mitchell—at CD Guastatoya in Guatemala—and Frederick have been inconsistent.

Italian Simone Ghirlanda, another European agent with a sizeable stable of Trinidad and Tobago players, said it is risky to place young men into challenging environments before they are ready.

“I think it’s not a good practice to push unexperienced players into a situation like that of Boatswain in Alajuelense,” Ghirlanda told Wired868. “If Aubrey David had opened a door [with his performances at Deportivo Saprissa] in Costa Rica, this situation has closed it and it will be a long time before a Costa Rican club will take a chance on another T&T player.”

Roca and Boatswain may beg to differ but Ghirlanda, who is based in USA, says he was burnt to learn.

Almost two years ago, he engineered a move for Trinidad and Tobago forward Willis Plaza to top El Salvador team Alianza but it proved to be a disaster for all concerned.

Ghirlanda suggested that Plaza made a timid start to his life there and was never able to recover.

“If you don’t hit the ground running, the fans can be brutal,” said Ghirlanda. “In the MLS, fans go home and think about the rest of their lives but that is not the case in Central America. You are under the magnifying lens and if you are a striker or a defender, it is harder to hide because your mistakes count.”

In a few months, Alianza fans were booing whenever Plaza’s name was mentioned in the first team and he left before his contract expired.

It is important, Rico and Ghirlanda stressed, for Trinidad and Tobago players to understand the challenge facing them before they land in Latin America.

Most teams pay between US$1,200 and US$2,500 per month with modest accommodation provided by the clubs—although Plaza was on roughly US$4,000 per month at Alianza and Boatswain was probably paid somewhere in between the lowest and highest sum.

Ten years ago, Pro League clubs offered better salary packages than that. At present, though, Pro League players are often paid less—if at all—and there is no shortage of locals who are willing to travel for that figure, which is considered a good wage in many Latin American countries.

Many coaches in that part of the world are prejudiced against Caribbean players or don’t want the hassle of having a translator in their dressing room. Then the Warriors must also adapt to the food and the different training methods.

Sometimes, salaries are late too while you might be stuck in an apartment with no air-conditioning and in sweltering heat.

The Caribbean players generally enjoy it, though.

“Most of them like the [game day atmosphere] because it is more exciting to play in front of enthusiastic fans there than in front of just family and kids in the [United States lower leagues] or empty grounds in the Pro League,” said Ghirlanda. “They enjoy the roughness of the league too. People care about their football in Latin America and your name is in the press all the time and you are the centre of attention.

“They like that stuff.”

Gradually, the tide of opinion is changing among Latin American coaches too, who are being seduced by the athleticism of Caribbean players and like the idea of having an international in their first team.

Britto has helped and his story is an encouraging one for Boatswain. The former Queen’s Royal College student and Jabloteh and Connection player was also released within six months of sealing his first deal in Guatemala with Malacateco, which was also arranged by Ghirlanda.

He did a bit better in the Mexico Third Division with Murcielagos FC. But the third time was the charm for the versatile frontman, as he helped Progreso to the Honduran final last season and was in the shortlist for the league’s MVP award.

It was Britto’s performances that cleared the way for Cyrus and Williams to sign with Honduran teams in the pre-season.

Britto’s first Central American employers, Malacateco, might not be in the market for another Trinidad and Tobago player anytime soon, though.

Last month, FIFA ordered the Guatemalan club to pay W Connection US$120,000 in training compensation for Britto—although the player moved there at 23, spent barely six months and left without Malacateco getting a transfer fee.

By FIFA law, training compensation can be demanded until the end of the season of a player’s 23rd birthday. Britto turned 23 on 4 July and the Guatemalan domestic calendar starts on 1 July.

W Connection owner and Trinidad and Tobago Football Association (TTFA) president David John-Williams is a current member of the FIFA Players’ Status Committee, which ruled on the dispute.

“Malacateco are holding fund-raising events with fans to try to raise the money because they are at risk of losing their professional status,” said Ghirlanda. “That is a lot of money for clubs in that part of the world. Many teams in Guatemala will no longer touch players under 24 years old, especially from the Caribbean.

“[…] I do think it is very immoral for W Connection to ask a poor club in Guatemala to pay for a player whose level, as we know, is similar to hundreds of players which are regularly traded for free in the region.”

Boatswain’s own first professional deal ended without recrimination; a statement on the Alajuelense website thanked the players for their efforts and wished them success in their next projects.

Boatswain returns to Trinidad next week to join the Warriors for international friendly outings against Grenada and Guyana on 11 and 14 November respectively at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

No doubt, he will be hoping for an early return to Latin America.

« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 09:32:48 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>