March 28, 2024, 10:25:58 AM

Author Topic: RIP Weary (Joann Charles)  (Read 22148 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: RIP Weary (Joann Charles)
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2017, 05:11:01 AM »
You could depend on her to step up for WN and her heart was in the right place.
Blessed we have good people going through this journey with us.

Much respect and tributes to her family as they should be proud of who she was as a person.

She will be missed. I really appreciated her persepective and that she would walk the talk. Ditto on a tribute because I believe it would mean a lot to her and family.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2017, 11:31:37 AM »
The funeral for the late Joann Charles will be held on Tuesday, March 7th at 10am at Church on the Rock, Lady Young Road, Morvant. I urge of all you who are in a position to attend, to do so.

On another note, we are collecting money to purchase a wreath and to establish a memorial fund of some sort in her name. We have not worked out the details as yet.

Monetary contributions can be made via Paypal by clicking on the button below:

or you can send a check or money order to:

Soca Warriors Supporters Club
PO Box 566088
Miami, FL 33256-6088
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2017, 01:11:43 PM »
RIP Weary.  Condolences to her family.

While I never met her, always enjoyed reading her posts.  She gave back to the community with the WN holiday food drive and I am sure she did a lot more than we were not aware of.

She got into some spirited conversations with people on this forum but she was always respectful.

Gone too soon.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2017, 10:00:12 PM »
Shit..this rel depressin.....I've never met Weary but I felt that we were friends just from her interaction on this board. She was one of those people that deep down you felt and knew she was cool and real and that if you were to ever meet her that it would be greeting a friend.
RIP Weary

That sums up how I felt as well. We did try to meet up the last two times I was home but something always came in the way.

I was thinking the same as Palos that some kind of tribute can be done at the next Warrior game.
I see she was a driving force behind the Christmas food drive perhaps we can name it after her. It would be a cool legacy and she would be proud.

You know I couldn't sleep well on Thursday night. I kept seeing her face.

Her last post was on Jan. 1. I guess she found out about the illness or found out about it long before the operation because no way Weary would could go two weeks or more without a post.

I never bothered with the food drive as I was out of the country but for her I will  make an effort this Christmas.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2017, 07:42:40 AM »
I haven't logged in in a year but I feel the need to now
RIP Weary!!!
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 07:44:41 AM by de_redman »

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2017, 09:28:21 PM »
RIP Weary!

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #66 on: March 06, 2017, 03:32:35 AM »
What a   shocker... Eternal RIP Sister, the supreme being  knows better. :( :(
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 06, 2017, 02:08:38 PM »
Wow!  RIP Warrior.  We once clashed but I appreciated her passion as part of our community.  One of my friends died almost a decade ago in his early 30's from the same specific cancer.  It doh bite nice atall.  My sincerest of condolences to her family and all who knew her personally.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2017, 04:30:36 PM »
Her funeral was earlier today. If any of the forumites were there, please gives us some feedback.

VB

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2017, 04:36:38 PM »
Her funeral was earlier today. If any of the forumites were there, please gives us some feedback.

VB

Brownsugar, Patriot, and I think Bourbon were there. Brownsugar said she will give an update later.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Huge loss! One of the people in here I always looked forward to liming with when i come here. She brought her unique old school vibes and bluntness to the group , which is very needed. I am one who will miss her presence

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 07, 2017, 06:20:38 PM »
Huge loss! One of the people in here I always looked forward to liming with when i come here. She brought her unique old school vibes and bluntness to the group , which is very needed. I am one who will miss her presence

An intelligent woman with a good heart.
A little sad that she had to go that way at such a relatively young age. But this is the world in which we live.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »
Not to pre-empt Browns report but the place was ram out. A lot of people feeling the loss. It wasnt the usual platitudes, many spoke of her mindset of "not necessarily getting it done her way but getting it done the right way"...and how they appreciated her tough love approach. A common trend was how selfless she was and how devotion to sports and service was really her guiding principles. Browns words on our behalf was really heartfelt and well received. We really lost a good one.

I guessing details to follow.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2017, 07:35:14 PM »

VB

Brownsugar, Patriot, and I think Bourbon were there. Brownsugar said she will give an update later.

Apologies forumites, I'm only now, now, now getting a chance to provide an update.  Warrior Queen (aka Steups!!) was also in attendance.
The thing that stuck me during the service is that the Weary we knew on the forum is the same person known by her friends and family.  That was evident from the tributes and the eulogy read by her sister.  Her online persona was no different to her "offline" one.

She was really well loved by her community, fellow San Juan Government Alumni and her church.  As I was leaving the service a lady stopped and and said that she always went shopping with Weary for the food drive.  She said Weary would always worry that the money wasn't enough and she would tell her not to worry, it will be enough. 

I also met another church member who was involved with the church's football team and he wanted information on the Warrior Nation/SWO. 

That's it in a nutshell.  I can't think of anything else to report really......its just very surreal that she's no longer around to engage us in her own special Weary way......*sigh*

Let's really try to come up with a way to honour at the games later this month as suggested by Palos(?).   I have a few thoughts but anything we come up with would rely on the local base to execute......that's it for now......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 08, 2017, 08:38:53 AM »
Thanks for de updates Brownie.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #75 on: March 08, 2017, 02:34:09 PM »
Maybe we can dedicate the food drive to her name so her name will live on?
Good idea!
2nd this.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #76 on: March 08, 2017, 02:35:33 PM »

VB

Apologies forumites, I'm only now, now, now getting a chance to provide an update.  Warrior Queen (aka Steups!!) was also in attendance.
The thing that stuck me during the service is that the Weary we knew on the forum is the same person known by her friends and family.  That was evident from the tributes and the eulogy read by her sister.  Her online persona was no different to her "offline" one.

She was really well loved by her community, fellow San Juan Government Alumni and her church.  As I was leaving the service a lady stopped and and said that she always went shopping with Weary for the food drive.  She said Weary would always worry that the money wasn't enough and she would tell her not to worry, it will be enough. 

I also met another church member who was involved with the church's football team and he wanted information on the Warrior Nation/SWO. 

That's it in a nutshell.  I can't think of anything else to report really......its just very surreal that she's no longer around to engage us in her own special Weary way......*sigh*

Let's really try to come up with a way to honour at the games later this month as suggested by Palos(?).   I have a few thoughts but anything we come up with would rely on the local base to execute......that's it for now......

Thanks for the report. Still so surreal as you say.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 08, 2017, 03:18:27 PM »
Maybe we can dedicate the food drive to her name so her name will live on?
Good idea!
2nd this.
Excellent idea!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #78 on: March 08, 2017, 06:34:44 PM »
I haven't been in here for years, but I had to for Joann. Rest In Peace..

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2017, 06:39:27 PM »
I don't come around as much as I used to, but saw this and am saddened to hear it.  RIP weary/Joann

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2017, 08:41:35 PM »
Hmm.  Life is a thing.  I was over at my old school FB page, just passing through and saw that a professor had passed away.  I couldn't really remember her and assumed I didn't know her well.  Come over here to find out that the same person that I've been laughing with, sending PMs on here for year was that very same soul and we came from the very same place.  Been on here years and never knew it.  We never had any issue, we were always kind to each other.  I'm glad that was the case.

Rest in Peace my friend Rest in Paradise.
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2017, 10:45:42 PM »
She was a teacher? What school?

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2017, 11:14:12 PM »
San Juan Gov't
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2017, 05:53:07 AM »

I join the call for dedicating the food drive in her name, she seem very passionate about the food drive and we could tell it was very important to her

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 10, 2017, 03:17:02 PM »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 04:34:20 PM »
Never met her, but remember her from the early days on this site. Very sad to hear that we have lost another forumite. Condolences to the family. RIP weary

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2017, 05:05:30 PM »
RIP Weary...It is clear you made an impact on everyone you interacted with...I also concur with the suggestion to honor her at the game or through the food drive.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2017, 07:11:18 PM »
Gone too soon. Sleep well Weary.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2017, 11:16:14 AM »
My sincere condolences. She was a Queen.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 12, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »
Well I know I am late as I have not been on this site for a while, but I am very saddened by this news.

RIP Weary

1]; } ?>