March 28, 2024, 05:01:38 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Barbados Game (10-Mar-2017)  (Read 10424 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Barbados Game (10-Mar-2017)
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2017, 06:58:59 AM »
Let us look at the positive. We will see what style of football Lawrence will bring to the table and who on this B team will be on the bench when the foreign players arrive for the big dance in march. I have this hunch that we will see an Everton style of football a la Martinez.

Martinez teams were poor defensively, hence his sacking.

Looking forward to see what will be on offer come Friday.

Lifetime? Nah.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2017, 04:47:44 PM »
Lawrence says Friday’s match good chance for players to show worth.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago head coach Dennis Lawrence says it’s going to be exciting for his players to take to the pitch and show their worth in Friday’s International friendly against Barbados as he looks ahead to his first international match in charge of the Men’s Senior Team.

Lawrence made his international playing debut for T&T back on March 18th, 2000 in a 1-1 draw with Curacao in a 2002 World Cup Qualifier. This time he will also debut in March in his new capacity.

For his maiden appearance in 2000, Lawrence had Carlos Edwards and Ross Russell as his teammates and on Friday Russell will partner Lawrence once more as his goalkeeper coach while Edwards is expected to take the field of play.

I think it’s going to be exciting for the players. I think the work we have done over the time should have prepared them for a game of this magnitude. I am looking forward to it and to see how much the boys have taken on board over the past couple of weeks we have been working,” Lawrence told TTFA Media after training on Wednesday morning at Larry Gomes Stadium.

A 22-man squad will go into the encounter and the former Everton coach said he will be looking to have a lot at as many players possible during Friday’s fixture.

“It hasn’t been that difficult (to select the squad) because the numbers at the moment is actually the numbers we will go in with for the game. Seon (Power) is someone that has just come back from Thailand.He is not with a club at the moment an we’ve invited hm to come in and be part of the group for now. He is obviously not ready for competitive football at that level so we will leave Seon out. We’ll go with the next twenty outside players and two goalkeepers.

“The idea is to make sure is that everybody gets a good portion of the game because I think it’s only fair wit the work being done, to give them the opportunity to present themselves and say to myself and say to Trinidad and Tobago that they are ready for selection come March 24th and 28th,” Lawrence added.

Tickets for Friday’s match which kicks off at 7pm will be on sale at the venue on gameday and are priced at $50 (adults) and $20 (children. Gates open at 4pm.

Fans will be able to access tickets for the upcoming 2018 World Cup Qualifiers against Panama and Mexico from this coming Friday March 10th at Lotto Locations throughout Trinidad and Tobago.

The TTFA has decided to offer an early bird ticket which will cost $300 (per match) for the covered section and $160 (per match)  for the uncovered from Friday March 10th until March 17th. Then on March 18th the Tickets will cost $350 (per match)  for covered and $200 (per match) for covered.

Season Pass Holders will have access to both matches and persons interested in purchasing their Season Pass can do so at any First Citizen’s Bank Branch.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip (Morvant Caledonia United), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars).

Defenders:

Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Daniel Cyrus (Unattached), Maurice Ford (W Connection), Jesus Perez (W Connection), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Taryk Sampson (Ma Pau Stars).

Midfielders:

Keron Cummings (Central FC), Akeem Humphrey (Club Sando), Leston Paul (Central FC), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Jared London (Club Sando), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Jomoul Francois (St Ann’s Rangers), Darren Mitchell (Central FC).

Forwards:

Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Akeem Roach (Club Sando), Jameel Perry (Police FC).

T&T prepares for Barbados Friendly - Lawrence speaks ahead of the Friendly

« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 04:50:02 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2017, 07:12:26 PM »
No JAN Michael Williams ?? ... i also liked the look of the U20 keeper Montell Joseph...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2017, 08:24:57 PM »
Way to pick YOUR team Fevrier. An entire W Connection back line smh.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2017, 08:57:13 PM »
No JAN Michael Williams ?? ... i also liked the look of the U20 keeper Montell Joseph...

Injured.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2017, 11:42:37 AM »
Tallest better be careful he ent catch ah loss in this match

Plenty connection players despite the fact central has been dominating

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2017, 01:39:45 PM »

Other than Hector, is only defenders.

Coincidence???
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2017, 03:43:23 PM »

Other than Hector, is only defenders.

Coincidence???

Working the defence.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2017, 03:44:34 PM »
T&T Senior Men face Barbados at Ato Boldon.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men’s Senior Team will be hoping to make a strong impression in their International warm up clash with Barbados when both teams meet on Friday at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7pm.

T&T head coach Dennis Lawrence oversaw a final training session at the Couva venue on Thursday evening and expects to have a squad of players eager to face their opponents as preparations continue for the all important 2018 World Cup qualifiers against Panama and Mexico on March 24th and 28th.

Assistant coach Sol Campbell was scheduled in on Thursday night and is expected to be with Lawrence and his staff for the encounter with the “Bajans”.

“Like I said it will be exciting for the players as they get the chance to show us that they are worthy of selection for the two World Cup qualifiers. From a commitment point, they have given enough focus and attention to the work that we have tried to do. Now it’s just about execution and it’s for the players to go out and concentrate on the work that we’ve done also go out there and deliver,” Lawrence said.

Central FC Midfielder Leston Paul is expecting the T&T side to step up to the call.

“Things have been fantastic for the past couple of weeks. We’ve put in a great load of work and having the new technology with the GPRS means we can now see where are at physically. Coach has simplified his game so the guys have gotten a good hold of it,” Paul told TTFA Media.

“The sessions have been well planned and great all round. It has been just enough to get us ready for international football,” he added.

As to how much the game on Friday will play its part in the build up to Panama and Mexico, the ex-national under 17 captain said: “I think every game is important. It’s a new group of guys so everyone is ready to go to show themselves for selection.

“We know how important these two games are with regards to our qualifying chances and the players realise that and they all would like to be part of the effort. The coach has emphasised how important it is for us to be on top of our game at all times and to stay focused and ready at all times,” Paul added.

Tickets for the game are priced at $50 (adults) and $20 (kids) and are available at the Ato Boldon Stadium on game day. Gates open at 4pm. Tickets for the two World Cup qualifying games are on sale at Lotto Locations throughout the country from Friday. (March 10th).

Leston Paul looks ahead to Friday's friendly with Barbados

Related News

Lawrence looking for performers.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T locally-based professional footballers will hope to make their one chancecount largely during an international friendly to impress newly-appointed national senior coach Dennis Lawrence against Barbados at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, from 7pm this evening.

The match is being used to asses the locals who, if selected, will join the list of foreign-based players in the national squad for the next two Concacaf World Cup Final Round qualifiers versus Panama on March 24, and four days later versus Mexico—both at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, from 7pm.

The 156th-ranked Barbadians are also using the match as part of their build up for the Windward Islands competition in May, and will be in action again on March 26 when they meet Martinique at the Usain Bolt Sports Complex.

The Soca Warriors, ranked 84th in the world are without a point after two matches following two defeats, at home to Costa Rica (0-2) and on the road against Honduras (1-3), to be joint bottom of the six-team final round table with USA.

Costa Rica heads the standings with maximum six points while Mexico is next with four points, the same as Panama followed by Honduras, a point behind.

Speaking following a training session at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Malabar, on Wednesday, Lawrence, who was appointed last month after the short-stint of Belgium Tom Saintfiet, who was in the job for 35-days and four matches after he replaced sacked Stephen Hart, said he was looking forward to the players performed following the training camp.

The scorer of the all-important goal away to Bahrain in November 2005 to seal T&T’s lone appearance at a Fifa World Cup Finals (2006), the 42-year-old Lawrence who will be in charge of his first match since being appointed in February said, “It’s going to be exciting for players to take to the pitch and show their worth. I think it’s going to be exciting for the players as the work we have done over the time should have prepared them for a game of this magnitude. I am looking forward to it and to see how much the boys have taken on board over the past couple of weeks we have been working.”

However, missing out today will be Tyrone Charles, Nathan Lewis, goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams, and defenders Carlyle Mitchell, Radanfah Abu Bakr and Julius James.

Charles and Lewis are away with their club San Juan Jabloteh at the Caribbean Football Union Club Championship qualifiers in St Vincent, while Mitchell and Williams are sidelined through injury, and Bakr (Estonia) and James (USA) are away seeking professional contracts.

The squad is made up of seven uncapped players in Jamille Boatswain, national futsal striker Jameel Perry, Jared London, Taryk Sampson, Jesus Perez, Akeem Humphrey, and Jomoul Francois while among the notables are World Cup veteran, 38-year-old Edwards, who is eight matches shy of 100 national appearances, goalkeeper Marvin Phillip (59 caps), defender Daneil Cyrus (63) and midfielder Hughtun Hector (40).

Keron Cummings (13), Curtiz Gonzales (11), former Under-17 and Under-20 Youth World Cup captain Leston Paul (nine), Sean De Silva and Hashim Arcia, both with six and Triston Hodge (five) are the others to have featured at least five times.

Lawrence said, “The idea is to make sure that everybody gets a good portion of the game because I think it’s only fair to give them the opportunity to present themselves for selection for March 24th and 28th.”

Yesterday, the T&T team held a final training at the Couva venue, and was expected to be joined by assistant coach and former England captain and defender Sol Campbell following his arrival from Europe yesterday afternoon.

T&T will go into the clash with the Bajans, boasting an impeccable record of 17 wins, nine draws and two defeats, coming in August 1976 (2-1), in a Fifa World Cup Qualifier and 1-0 in at CFU Cup qualifiers in 1997.

Since 1997, T&T has gone 13 matches without defeat against Barbados, winning the last four as well, including the last two 2012 World Cup qualifiers, 2-0 and 4-0 in 2011.

Tickets for tonight’s match will be on sale from 4pm at the venue and are priced at $50 (adults) and $20 (children).

« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 04:35:38 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2017, 09:52:08 PM »
Predictions anyone  ?
Mine would be 1-1 ,till deep in the 2nd half .

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2017, 07:15:16 AM »
To be honest, I expect us to boss this game with a 2 goal margin of victory.

Barbados ranked over 150th and lost to Curacao in WC qualifying. I just hope we approach the game with confidence and bit of ruthlessness.

If these local players have anything about them they should need little motivation to go out and trounce this team and show their worth to a new coach. 9-10 players from overseas can come and easily command a starting spot, why should any of this local group deserve a spot ahead of those coming in, show your worth.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2017, 11:28:09 AM »
“Things have been fantastic for the past couple of weeks. We’ve put in a great load of work and having the new technology with the GPRS means we can now see where are at physically.

Be careful what you ask for
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2017, 11:52:09 AM »
I expect 2goals minimum without conceding. This game is to look at style of play and how well Dennis has the Defence playing. I hope they break the bad habit of ball watching and leaving men unmarked.
 I guess the Coach will have an interest in Cummings, Paul , De Silva and Hashim. Some one should tell the hopefuls that Opportunity comes knocking once , so that they can give it their all at this game.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2017, 04:39:32 PM »
I guess I'm wasting my time by asking for a stream..

If there is a radio link, please tell me it's not the usual..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2017, 04:45:53 PM »
Team lineup

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2017, 04:58:52 PM »
Somebody handle we wid ah lil link nah?? Please and thank you :)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline bingie man

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2017, 05:01:31 PM »
4 real . link please ???

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 10, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
i would be pleasantly surprised
I pity the fool....

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 10, 2017, 05:07:02 PM »
Lefty how yuh saying that so? As if we out here in the hinterlands are treated with --ahem -- scant courtesy by out home-based forumites/bredren;D
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 10, 2017, 05:20:21 PM »
i95.5FM Heart attack radio commentary link:
http://104.238.99.1:8000/i955fm.mp3 & http://tunein.com/i955fm
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:24:36 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2017, 05:26:45 PM »
Lefty how yuh saying that so? As if we out here in the hinterlands are treated with --ahem -- scant courtesy by out home-based forumites/bredren;D
:laugh: given the dismissive manner with which such friendlies are often treated by the media...I would be indeed be pleasantly surprised to find live coverage...d sarcasm not directed at u as much is it is our sporting culture or lack thereof and the coverage or oft lack thereof by extension
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2017, 05:27:52 PM »
i95.5FM Heart attack radio commentary link:
http://104.238.99.1:8000/i955fm.mp3 & http://tunein.com/i955fm

oh look.......pleasant surprise......wait I eh click it yet........ok...ok
I pity the fool....

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #52 on: March 10, 2017, 05:29:11 PM »

No local TV coverage?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 10, 2017, 05:29:43 PM »

No local TV coverage?

hahahahahahahaha! sweet
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 10, 2017, 05:32:13 PM »
what is the formation
I pity the fool....

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 10, 2017, 05:43:56 PM »
T&T #9 from Defence Force just scored a goal after his first touch on coming on as a substitute.

T&T 1 - 0 Bim after 35 mins.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 10, 2017, 05:52:26 PM »
T&T #9 from Defence Force just scored a goal after his first touch on coming on as a substitute.

T&T 1 - 0 Bim after 35 mins.

Well I guess we can say that Boatswain will be getting his first wcq cap. Btw 2 -0

Socapro.. Where you been ? Like yuh give up on updating us with the track?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 10, 2017, 05:54:45 PM »
HALF-TIME: A first half brace by debutant Jamille Boatswain gives Trinidad and Tobago a 2-0 lead over Barbados.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 10, 2017, 06:12:47 PM »
the man like a expensive jamette faking it for the customer satisfaction, and it just plain annoying, can't tell if we almost score, we score or we scored on..bawling like a high pitched loaded jackass coming up from the docks

Offline R45

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 10, 2017, 06:16:41 PM »
The commentary is the worst... not describing anything that's happening. What a joke.

1]; } ?>