March 28, 2024, 04:54:56 PM

Author Topic: Rajesh Latchoo Thread  (Read 4057 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Rajesh Latchoo Thread
« on: March 06, 2017, 05:54:17 AM »
Latchoo lands job as head coach of Dominica.
TTFA Media.

Former Trinidad and Tobago Women’s National Youth Team coach Rajesh Latchoo has landed a job with the Dominica Football Association (DFA) as head coach of the Dominica Men’s Senior Team.

According to a report on Dominica News Online on Sunday,  the DFA has announced a new football coach in the person of a Trinidadian, Rajesh Joseph Latchoo, a qualified certified coach who has coached many different teams.

President of the DFA, Glen Etienne, said that they had done a rigorous search for a new coach after the resignation of Shane Marshall over nine months ago.

“We have been searching for a while and we got request from all over, even from Zimbabwe. That is to show you how it has been for us and now that we have found Latchoo, we are confident that within the next 18 months or so he will prove to be what we have been looking for,” Etienne said.

Latchoo’s first order of business, is to prepare the team for the Windward Islands Football tournament scheduled for May 2017.

“I am happy to be working with the DFA and I have been made welcome and already fells at home…I will be looking at all the players, see what they have to offer and then take it from there,” he said.

“Latchoo who has coached the T&T Women’s football team, has also trained Dominica’s national footballer Julian Wade who is playing pro league in Trinidad. He also stated that he did many courses with Jerome Bardouille who is the Technical Director of the DFA. Bardouille is a qualified licence football coach in Dominica and in CONCACAF,” the report stated

Latch also coached Morvant Caledonia United and was the technical director of the Barrackpore United club in the National Super League. He led T&T’s Women Under 15 team to third place in the 2014 CONCACAF Under 15 Championship. He was the Assistant coach of the T&T Women’s Senior Team that reached the semi-final stage of the CONCACAF Olympic qualifiers in 2016. Latchoo is also a TTFA Coaching Instructor.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rajesh Latchoo Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 06:38:58 AM »
Congrats to Rajesh Latchoo, buh separately ... lawd-a-mercy the coverage content of the TTFA media seems to be boundless.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 06:50:04 PM »

Latchoo’s first order of business, is to prepare the team for the Windward Islands Football tournament scheduled for May 2017.

Latchoo's Dominica opened their account this evening with a 2-1 defeat of Barbados. More to follow as specifics become available.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 06:51:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2017, 07:50:47 AM »

Latchoo's Dominica opened their account this evening with a 2-1 defeat of Barbados. More to follow as specifics become available.

Actually their first match was a 1-1 draw against Grenada on Wednesday.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2017, 08:34:02 AM »
I wonder if Tobago can play in that tournament. Doc, any ideas if this could be done? I don't see why?

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
TTFA has to permit it.
Live large and prosper!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 11:07:48 AM »

Good call. Read that match report and still managed to ignore it.

Notable, in both matches, Dominica opened the scoring relatively early before conceding an equaliser.

Good idea on Tobago, Deeks. But the anti-secessionist forces might find that a step too much.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »

Good call. Read that match report and still managed to ignore it.

Notable, in both matches, Dominica opened the scoring relatively early before conceding an equaliser.

Good idea on Tobago, Deeks. But the anti-secessionist forces might find that a step too much.

I understand the politics at home is downright sour. Secession or not, I think Ttfa should encourage the Tobago league to participate. And as a sign of goodwill, either sponsor the team or get assistance from business and a little from govt to allow this to happen. Some diamonds in the rough may come thru. in this tournament. This will benefit the TT national team. Doc man, use your influence.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 07:45:42 PM »
Dominica 2-2 St. Vincent and the Grenadines

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 09:03:34 PM »
Dominica could have won the tournament if they had beaten SVG. Grenada lost 2-0 to Barbados in the other match, but still won the tournament.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 10:27:11 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windward_Islands_Tournament

This is usually a 4 team tournament. Last year they invited Martinique. This year was Barbados. Maybe Tobago should try an invite.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 08:29:12 AM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windward_Islands_Tournament

This is usually a 4 team tournament. Last year they invited Martinique. This year was Barbados. Maybe Tobago should try an invite.

Deeks, hats off. You really hit a good idea. 100% worthy of being explored. Would be interested in hearing arguments to the contrary.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2017, 05:34:36 AM »
Latchoo plays his part in rebuilding battered Dominica.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Trinidad and Tobago- born Rajesh Latchoo, the head coach of the Dominica Men’s national team, is today still coming to terms with the horrifying experience of Hurricane Maria which followed Hurricane Irma that saw the island ravaged by the most powerful storm in its history with many buildings were completely destroyed and virtually none were left.

Latchoo, a former T&T Women’s Under 15 head coach and senior women’s team assistant coach, took up his role in Dominica in March of this year.

“If you did not know God was in charge before, you would have certainly known then. My wife and son were with me during the hurricane. We prayed throughout the hurricane.

We were frightened especially my son because at any time you felt that something could happen and you can die but for some reason there was always this feeling inside that God was protecting us and we would be okay,” Latchoo said as he recalled the life-changing experience.

“With one hand each from my wife and I on our mattress barrier, we battled it to keep Maria away from our trembling 4 year old son who was cradled in our next arm. As Maria pushed on the spring mattress, we pushed back. For God was our coach that night and he never let us down.

For all we could have done was pray. The most humbling experience for me was to know that when the day broke the morning after the storm, God was trying to show us that there was no difference between us...no rich man or poor man, black man or white man, just humans.

And if we don’t put our differences aside and work together to better ourselves and help each other then God may not be so kind the next time,” added the ex-Caledonia AIA coach. Latchoo returned to Trinidad last week to gather supplies to take back to Dominica and was also grateful to the T&T Defence Force for their efforts in Dominica since the hurricane. Latchoo explained that the main venue in Dominica, Windsor Cricket stadium, had been severely damaged.

“While in Trinidad this week I have embarked on a personal mission to gather school supplies for the kids on the Dominica national youth teams as I know things like school supplies and food items would have been lost in the hurricane.

I have been ably assisted by my alma-mater - St Stephen’s College and my boyhood club Princes Town Youths. Some schools reopen next week and I hope to fill at least one drop in the bucket when I return” Latchoo added. The Dominican Football Association, according to Latchoo, is making efforts to get its programmes up and running despite many of its staff and players suffering major losses.

“The people have showed my family and I nothing but total love and respect. They are a very kind and resilient people.

I am confident over time that they will become better and stronger that they were before,” Latchoo concluded.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2017, 03:18:32 PM »
Blessings, Coach!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 04:49:40 PM »
Dominica loses to Suriname in CONCACAF game
Dominica News Online

WATCH: Comments by Dominica head coach, Rajesh Latchoo following Dominica's loss to Suriname in opening CONCACAF Nations League match

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PjfuQyFnloo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PjfuQyFnloo</a>

Dominica went down to Suriname in its first game of the CONCACAF group of nations 2-1 at the Windsor Park Sports Stadium.

Suriname took the lead in the sixth minute of play through striker Gleofilo Vlijter who capitalized on a defense blunder and giving goal keeper Glenson Prince no chance. From there the visitors piled on the pressure on the Dominican lads but they remained resolute in defense.

Play maker for Dominica, Briel Thomas through the midfield, capitalized on a pass and found the fleet-footed Anfernee Frederick who kept his composure in the 22nd minute giving the Surinamese goalkeeper Claidel Kohinor absolutely no chance of stopping his goal which sent the Dominican fans into a fit of celebration

From then, the Dominica team went into high gear but Suriname was equal to the task and both teams ended the first half at one goal apiece.

In the second half, both team made changes to their line up in defense and forwards but the all-important goal was hard to come by. Dominica, in the 80th minute, thought they had a penalty when one of their players appeared to have been tripped in the 18 yards box but Bajan referee Jamar Springer said no.

Both teams then stepped up their game with Dominica bringing in Audel Laville for Julian Wade all in an attempt to get the lead in the game but that did not happen and when many thought that it would yet again be a draw as it was in Guadeloupe, Suriname again through Gleofilo Vlijter in the 89th minute, found the back of the net invoking an ominous silence over the Dominican crowd. The final whistle blew four minutes later. Suriname had won 2-1.

Coach of the Dominica team, Rajesh Joseph Latchoo, was not pleased with the result.

“ We made a few changes. The players have to take full responsibility for their actions when in the game; this goal at that time is unacceptable and we need to do better than that,” Latchoo stated.

For the Suriname coach, Dean Gorre, the result was not surprising.

“We looked at previous videos of the Dominica team and knew what to do and so we executed our game plan,” he said.

Dominica will played [sic] St. Vincent today in St. Vincent while Suriname played Nicaragua in Nicaragua.

Note: St. Vincent and the Grenadines and Dominica eventually played to a 1-0 match result in favour of the Vincentians.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2019, 01:33:05 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2019, 05:04:27 PM »
Interesting lil tidbit:

Latchoo and Saintfiet were solely two of 10 national team managers to cast a vote for Hazard as the best player in the world 2018 (ultimately won by Modric). Also seeing things their way was Mexico's Juan Carlos Osorio and Hernán Darío Gómez (Ecuador). Other than that, the voting managers were affiliated with Costa Rica, Guam, Iraq, Madagascar, Nepal and Vietnam. Hazard finished seventh with 5.65% of the vote.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 05:07:52 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2019, 01:19:07 AM »
WATCH: Dominica defeat St. Vincent and the Grenadines 1-0 in CONCACAF Nations League action

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Vyhxb3ZRbFI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Vyhxb3ZRbFI</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2019, 03:32:35 AM »
In beating SVG, Dominica accomplishes something that we haven't accomplished in a while.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2021, 12:56:19 AM »
Latchoo is the man tasked with facing the TRUE home team of all the matches that have temporarily converted the Dominican Republic into the Caribbean HQ of Football. Dominica plays the Dominican Republic (7:00pm TT/DR time tonight). Latchoo will be one of the few coaches to have opposition fans in the stands during WC qualifiying. Roughly US $5 to get in (I think that is about the equivalent of the 300 peso admission).

This match is a reputation-enhancing match for him if he pulls off the victory.

Sweden recalled Zlatan. Guyana denied Dann. Latchoo has a player who, at 46, is significantly older than both of those players. The player may be the only player born in the 70s who is involved in international football.  Nevertheless, I gather Bertrand's fitness level is high and may even exceed the fitness level assessments of younger teammates.

Best of luck to Latchoo and Dominica.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2021, 01:26:32 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2021, 03:18:59 AM »
Latchoo is the man tasked with facing the TRUE home team of all the matches that have temporarily converted the Dominican Republic into the Caribbean HQ of Football. Dominica plays the Dominican Republic (7:00pm TT/DR time tonight). Latchoo will be one of the few coaches to have opposition fans in the stands during WC qualifiying. Roughly US $5 to get in (I think that is about the equivalent of the 300 peso admission).

This match is a reputation-enhancing match for him if he pulls off the victory.

Sweden recalled Zlatan. Guyana denied Dann. Latchoo has a player who, at 46, is significantly older than both of those players. The player may be the only player born in the 70s who is involved in international football.  Nevertheless, I gather Bertrand's fitness level is high and may even exceed the fitness level assessments of younger teammates.

Best of luck to Latchoo and Dominica.

Cosign. I think we under-appreciate the level of our coaching - they're getting jobs across the region.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2021, 08:28:24 AM »
Anytime a Trini coach achieve something outside of TT, we always saying we don't appreciate locals. Dudes, many on this forum wants nothing to do with local coaches! But congrats to him. All the best in the future.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2021, 04:42:04 PM »
Dominica's FA will be streaming the match on its Facebook page. 7:00pm TT time.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2021, 09:10:58 PM »
Dominican Republic 1-0 Dominica
A lone strike just after half-time from Fran Nunez proved enough for Dominican Republic to edge victory over Caribbean neighbours Dominica and collect three important points. It is a first World Cup win for Los Quisqueyanos since their strong Brazil 2014 campaign.

(Sourced from FIFA).

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2021, 05:06:02 AM »
Anytime a Trini coach achieve something outside of TT, we always saying we don't appreciate locals. Dudes, many on this forum wants nothing to do with local coaches! But congrats to him. All the best in the future.

Stumbled upon a clip of Russell Latapy interacting with Latchoo and the Dominican team, likely as teams were transitioning use of the facilities. Not often do you see that sort of solidarity regarding the Bigger Picture. Good look! :beermug:

In the clip Latapy mentions a nugget of value he learned from Leo Beenhakker. Available on Dominica FA's FB page.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2021, 10:26:13 AM »
Highlights of Dominican Republic vs Dominica.

Latchoo's post-match press conference.

Would it be asking too much for there to be more than one mic at a press conference? Seems questionable as well in the context of COVID-19 protocols. Having two mics would also facilitate the interpretation of responses from one language to the other.

The interpreter did a reasonably good job under the circumstance, but also invented a word. There is no such thing as "el resulto".  :)

Things got FIERY between the DR coach and the journalist who asked him the first question. The journalist said he viewed DR's victory as a loss due to DR's approach to the game. That lit the match.

Passy credited Dominica for being organized. He also roundly rejected the expectation in DR that Dominica would have been and should have been pummeled with goals.

Also very interesting that a media outlet from Spain was present and engaged at a post-match conference that involved teams of this FIFA ranking.

And finally, Dear CONCACAF, there should also be someone on hand to communicate the rest of the press conference in English! There is a lot stated at these events that does not trickle up or down to the non-Spanish speaking constituency in CONCACAF. If you're going to take the trouble to publish the video, serve your broader audience. The Dominican public got solely the benefit of their coach's comments but no context on the thoughts of the opposing coach.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:38:08 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2021, 05:23:08 PM »
And finally, Dear CONCACAF, there should also be someone on hand to communicate the rest of the press conference in English! There is a lot stated at these events that does not trickle up or down to the non-Spanish speaking constituency in CONCACAF. If you're going to take the trouble to publish the video, serve your broader audience. The Dominican public got solely the benefit of their coach's comments but no context on the thoughts of the opposing coach.

Concacaf care nothing about the islanders, especially the English speakers. The revenge against Jack Warner.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2021, 05:33:34 PM »
Hard luck Latchoo. Defenders let you down in both matches (on the winning goals), but what a gem of an equalizer your player scored today.  :applause: He looked young. Will check his age.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2021, 06:31:47 AM »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>