March 28, 2024, 05:16:38 PM

Author Topic: 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 14463 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« on: March 08, 2017, 10:00:02 AM »
Group A
Honduras
Costa Rica
French Guiana
Canada

July 7, 2017
Honduras v Costa Rica, Red Bull Arena, Harrison
French Guiana v Canada, Red Bull Arena, Harrison

Group B
United States
Panama
Martinique
Nicaragua

July 8, 2017
United States v Panama, Nissan Stadium, Nashville
Martinique v Nicaragua, Nissan Stadium, Nashville

Group C
Mexico
El Salvador
Curaçao
Jamaica

July 9, 2017
Mexico v El Salvador, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego
Curaçao v Jamaica, Qualcomm Stadium, San Diego

« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 05:54:03 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 05:53:24 AM »
Nicaragua beat Haiti to qualify.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:15:27 AM »

Reminds me of the Copa America last year = NO T&T  :D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 11:54:05 AM »

Oh oh!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 12:13:48 PM »

Oh oh!!!

They geh tief. The opening goal was courtesy an elegant Colombian dive. Copete threw his frame. Penalty called. CFU teams doh learn. Don't provide the conditions to assist your opponents' strengths and instincts.

Contro, if yuh really want to see a match with a questionable tinge, watch those 3 goals. 3 goals within 8 minutes, with less than 10 minutes to play in regulation.

Call for a Commission of Inquiry.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 01:19:39 PM »
u find tings to quiet today ?  :devil:

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2017, 01:39:06 PM »
u find tings to quiet today ?  :devil:

I believe his job description includes "stimulate discussion"!  ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Harty boy......I jes get REAL SOUR..AGAIN
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2017, 06:01:36 PM »
I now walk een de cafeteria, switch de TV channel at wuk and seeing Canada play French Guiana in de first game of de Gold Cup

Man take a weak ass shot and de keeper practically dive over de ball to make it 2-0 Canada at de half

And I OVER SOUR because we shoulda been there.  No excuses.  Jus like last year when we shoulda been at de Copa America.

We had enough chances to qualify and lorse each time.  We have nobody else but we to blame.

Even after yuh get fired, we still had a chance at home and couldn't do it.

This Gold Cup extra sour for me this rongs......WE...T&T...should be there....and we aren't   :-[ >:( :pissedoff:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 06:11:53 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Harty boy......I jes get REAL SOUR..AGAIN
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 06:21:52 PM »
U have belly, I banning mine and watching Disney JR with the boys for the next month
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 06:33:33 PM »
The ONLY bright spot, purely on a personal note....happy for 16 year old Alphonso Davies who just scored his first goal for Canada

First saw him a couple years ago when he first moved from Edmonton to Vancouver to be part of the Whitecaps residency program.  It was CLEARLY apparent this yute was going places.  Talent like dirt

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 07:00:24 PM »
We miss put on the Gold Cup way too often. It should never happen

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 09:58:56 PM »

Me eh even watching this year Gold Cup tournament

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 12:38:05 PM »
What is Gold Cup??  ???
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
The ONLY bright spot, purely on a personal note....happy for 16 year old Alphonso Davies who just scored his first goal for Canada

First saw him a couple years ago when he first moved from Edmonton to Vancouver to be part of the Whitecaps residency program.  It was CLEARLY apparent this yute was going places.  Talent like dirt

Kid is a treat to watch  :thumbsup: . 2 against French Guiana 

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2017, 09:19:44 AM »
Panama played some real good ball vs the US. I hope Tallest looking at them. I go be a hell of a fight when we go there.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2017, 12:14:05 PM »
Panama played some real good ball vs the US. I hope Tallest looking at them. I go be a hell of a fight when we go there.

btw that a panama second string it seems
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »
The only gold cup is probably the one the dictator drinking our national football blood out of

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2017, 06:40:15 PM »
The only gold cup is probably the one the dictator drinking our national football blood out of

Lol. Speaking about gold. The green, gold and black dealing with the Dutch 2nd team. Mattocks just score a nice one. Blake is a special keeper. Made some good saves.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 07:45:07 PM »

Lol. Speaking about gold. The green, gold and black dealing with the Dutch 2nd team. Mattocks just score a nice one. Blake is a special keeper. Made some good saves.

and when the same green, gold and black face CR, Mex or USA watch them lose. Doh get hype up because your team beat Curacao  :D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2017, 07:57:49 PM »
I know that would have been enough for a quick banter with you..

On another note Mexico 1 - 1 El Salvador

Very entertaining match so far.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2017, 10:53:30 PM »
I watched the JA - Curaçao game. The game was even. JA had nothing over them except the two excellent goals. And yes, the JA keeper was the difference between a tie game. Curaçao players handle the ball extremely well. They did not fear JA in any way. Their players appear big, strong and was just as fast. But JA goals were excellent.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 10:55:35 PM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 12:37:51 AM »

Word is from a friend of mine who is close to certain players on the yard team was the head coach against the final against Mexico had made changes that were suspicious at best... they played some very good football and in the final they dropped off mysteriously

Patrick was doing a great job, need to ask my uncle about what really happened with that situation, as he was friends with Patrick

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2017, 12:39:47 AM »
I watched the JA - Curaçao game. The game was even. JA had nothing over them except the two excellent goals. And yes, the JA keeper was the difference between a tie game. Curaçao players handle the ball extremely well. They did not fear JA in any way. Their players appear big, strong and was just as fast. But JA goals were excellent.

Concacaf can be a force to be reckoned with if Suriname and some of the other teams get their act together

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2017, 06:01:39 AM »

Concacaf can be a force to be reckoned with if Suriname and some of the other teams get their act together

By next world cup qualifying campaign, Suriname will have their Dutch born players to choose from. And if Martinique and Guadeloupe petition FIFA to play as their own nation in the wcqs, the CFU will become very competitive. We better pray that we don't meet one of them before the hex.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2017, 06:35:17 AM »
When I watch these games I just shake my head with disappointment that T&T is not there.

Thank goodness Hart not here anymore, he just couldn't take us to the next level.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2017, 10:25:56 AM »

By next world cup qualifying campaign, Suriname will have their Dutch born players to choose from. And if Martinique and Guadeloupe petition FIFA to play as their own nation in the wcqs, the CFU will become very competitive. We better pray that we don't meet one of them before the hex.

If Suriname decides to use that option, the CFU and Concacaf can expect tougher competition. But that bodes well for our zone. The tougher competition can only help. TT just has to adjust or they will be left by the wayside.

As far as Martinique and Quadeloupe petition to play WC, I really don't know how that will work. They are part of France. If it works more power to them. Also if they succeed, French Guiana, Mayotte and Reunion could ask for permission also. But let's see.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_departments_of_France

« Last Edit: July 10, 2017, 10:27:39 AM by Deeks »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2017, 01:27:42 PM »

If Suriname decides to use that option, the CFU and Concacaf can expect tougher competition. But that bodes well for our zone. The tougher competition can only help. TT just has to adjust or they will be left by the wayside.

As far as Martinique and Quadeloupe petition to play WC, I really don't know how that will work. They are part of France. If it works more power to them. Also if they succeed, French Guiana, Mayotte and Reunion could ask for permission also. But let's see.

https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_departments_of_France

When my uncle was the MOF in Suriname he was pushing for this a while now, decades actually with Frank and the others ...

Once it happens, Suriname will compete and that will also mean with South American teams ...

In TT with guys like the dictator we will face a tough task next qualifying because of his sabotage and selling out.. it doesn't bode well for us and our teams in the future

Cfu needs its own qualifying and wc allocation, that's the answer

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2017, 05:12:22 PM »
When I watch these games I just shake my head with disappointment that T&T is not there.

Thank goodness Hart not here anymore, he just couldn't take us to the next level.
thats what I have been saying, hart ran aground and could not take the team any further for whatever reason be it his tactics or the team simply out grew him. but I think he would make an excellent technical director. We still have lots of uses for a guy like Steven hart.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2017, 05:26:19 PM »
but I think he would make an excellent technical director. We still have lots of uses for a guy like Steven hart.

In Canada, not TT. At least not while DJW in charge. Maybe a next admin. would hire him for that job.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2017, 07:39:15 PM »
Canada held CR to a 1-1 draw.

1]; } ?>