March 28, 2024, 02:58:50 PM

Author Topic: 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.  (Read 14461 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Jamaica, but this is one time ah want dem to win.
« Reply #90 on: July 26, 2017, 09:49:29 AM »
The only time i hate Jamaica is when they beat us,but by them doing so well it will resonate all around the footballing world,that will also be good for the whole Caribbean.I just don't know what kind ah football we does play,we had all the chance to be in the GC,but as usual we piss our chances away.Bravo Jamaica!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 26, 2017, 10:47:00 AM »
Indeed. Right now Jamaica is the best team in the Caribbean. Hands down.

They deserve to be in the Hex more than us. I do believe if DJW (and his belly) was far away from the TTFA we would have been in the Gold cup.. and we would be sitting a bit better in the Hex.

Jamaica making history tonight. Even if they dint win, they still made history. 2 Gold cup finals in 2 campaigns is very impressive. I still think they had an easy road to get to this final. Let's give credit where it is due. Big up!

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 26, 2017, 11:29:55 AM »
There is saying in sports "offence wins games, defence wins championships". Jamaica success up to this point has relied heavily on it's defensive play lead by goalkeeper Blake. Only two goals conceded leading up to the final.  Call it bunkering if you will or "parking the bus". It's a strategy that has gotten Jamaica deep into this tournament.

Of course the two target strikers has 4 goals between them with another 2 coming from wide players so the offense has done it's part as well.

Well need two goals and a stellar defense tonight to stop the hosts.

Caribbean football must be strong when teams like T&T, Haiti and Cuba are not good enough to make the Gold Cup.  In fact Martinique, Curacao and French Guiana represented well.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 11:41:10 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 26, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »
There is saying in sports "offence wins games, defence wins championships". Jamaica success up to this point has relied heavily on it's defensive play lead by goalkeeper Blake. Only two goals conceded leading up to the final.  Call it bunkering if you will or "parking the bus". It's a strategy that has gotten Jamaica deep into this tournament.

Of course the two target strikers has 4 goals between them with another 2 coming from wide players so the offense has done it's part as well.

Well need two goals and a stellar defense tonight to stop the hosts.

Caribbean football must be strong when teams like T&T, Haiti and Cuba are not good enough to make the Gold Cup.  In fact Martinique, Curacao and French Guiana represented well.
you are so right about one thing, Jamaica truly does have a very good defensive unit especially jermaine taylor and Kemar lawrence. alves Powell needs a little polishing he's not quite ready for a Mexican A team as of yet but when he's learned his position well no doubt he will be a big big player the other central defender however has not been as impressive and Taylor has been working over time picking up the slack for him.

i could honestly say i envy Jamaica for it's back line and their goal keeper, if only we had a jermaine taylor along side bateau and a keeper the likes of yohan blake we would have been in a better position in the hex and more than likely made it to the gold cup. as for your midfield and offense, those guys are you could keep.

i know for sure tonight Jamaica will need a divine intervention to beat Bruce arena and his robots. maybe if you had a Jovin jones a kevin molino and a levi garcia in your attack along side mattocks and Williams i would feel more confident about Jamaica having an even shot but I certainly don't fancy your chances tonight against the mighty yankees.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 04:24:27 PM by pull stones »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2017, 02:54:13 PM »
Maybe now is the time to expand the Gold cup to 16 teams. The CFU teams are much more mature now. Not a lot of blow outs as in the past. And CFU teams make the quarter finals easy now. Although only 1 team made the quarter final this time, last Gold cup  all the CFU teams made the quarter final. So 4 more spots for CFU will make the Gold cup more competitive. Of course USA and Mexico might not want that.. Reason being, it decreases the chances of them being in the final. I guess something to think about.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 26, 2017, 02:57:43 PM »
@ Pull stones, Yohan Blake ain't playing keeper tonight. He supposed to be getting ready for 100m.. Yuh sure yuh mean Alves Powell or Asafa Powell.. lol.

But I with you. I envy Jamaica badd.. That goalie is something else. Remember he won MLS goal keeper of the year.. I guess we see why..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 03:00:41 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 26, 2017, 04:26:15 PM »
It would be tough for JA to win that game with the US having the home advantage and Refs on their side. Won't be surprise if it's close at the end, the US gets a penalty for the go ahead goal  :D
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2017, 04:29:57 PM »
@ Pull stones, Yohan Blake ain't playing keeper tonight. He supposed to be getting ready for 100m.. Yuh sure yuh mean Alves Powell or Asafa Powell.. lol.

But I with you. I envy Jamaica badd.. That goalie is something else. Remember he won MLS goal keeper of the year.. I guess we see why..
sorry I meant to say ANDRE don't know where YOHAN came from. ;D

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2017, 04:43:03 PM »
It would be tough for JA to win that game with the US having the home advantage and Refs on their side. Won't be surprise if it's close at the end, the US gets a penalty for the go ahead goal  :D
especially with Bruce arena in charge that man would rather lose his right arm than lose to caribbean opposition that's how much contempt he holds for Caribbean teams. as I said be gore if jamaica wins would only be by fortunate string of events like an obvious penalty or a sending off of yankee players, other than that I don't see them winning this game.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2017, 08:14:30 PM »
Yikes. Blake just take a kick to he hand. All kind of blood and thing. Jamaica using another keeper. Hard luck for Blake..

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread.
« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:07 PM »
Game done
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:12 PM »

LICKS!  :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 26, 2017, 08:36:52 PM »
The only time i hate Jamaica is when they beat us,but by them doing so well it will resonate all around the footballing world,that will also be good for the whole Caribbean.I just don't know what kind ah football we does play,we had all the chance to be in the GC,but as usual we piss our chances away.Bravo Jamaica!

Caribbean? Caribbean my ass! LICKS!  :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 26, 2017, 08:37:30 PM »

a second goal to put the nail in the coffin! LICKS!   :D

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 26, 2017, 08:39:33 PM »

Man chattin about Caribbean, oh yeah so when last you support Cuba or Haiti or Anguilla in anything? iz friggin licks for yard today  :D

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: July 26, 2017, 08:40:26 PM »
 Ah cyah stand the USA and they smug attitude. I want Jamaica to win, although that goal scored by the US on the stroke of halftime is going to make the task all the more difficult.

Online soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 26, 2017, 08:41:06 PM »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 26, 2017, 08:56:03 PM »
Same with me kaliman.. I'd rather support the people I have more in common with than the stars and stripes.. regardless of how this bun me, I would be an idiot to support the country that has a history of oppressing meh people.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 26, 2017, 08:59:19 PM »
Game start back

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 26, 2017, 09:00:57 PM »
Licks for JA Sando.. Oh shyte.  GAME TIE 1-1

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 26, 2017, 09:03:26 PM »

;D

Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 26, 2017, 09:06:40 PM »

don't cry hard for your team when d game done eh

doh say the oppressor cheat  :D

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 26, 2017, 09:11:27 PM »

don't cry hard for your team when d game done eh

doh say the oppressor cheat  :D

Right now they are my team. I REFUSE to support any thing connected to the Whitehouse..

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 26, 2017, 09:26:38 PM »
The fact that Jamaica did not lose its composure and equalized after conceding a goal very close to halftime is a sign of the mental strength of this team.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 26, 2017, 09:37:46 PM »
Game done

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 26, 2017, 09:44:35 PM »
Game done

Yep. Perhaps Whitmore should have brought on some fresher legs earlier. The winner was the result of a tired defence.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 26, 2017, 09:45:09 PM »

well boi gawd on pitch, your team fight hard but d 'oppressors' were the better team. dominated possession, more shots on goal and wanted it more. US deserve to win

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 26, 2017, 09:45:49 PM »
US deserve to win. They dominated possession, more shots on goal and wanted it more.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 27, 2017, 03:58:53 PM »

Man chattin about Caribbean, oh yeah so when last you support Cuba or Haiti or Anguilla in anything? iz friggin licks for yard today  :D
I understand how yuh feel about our inability to get to the Caribbean Cup and the GC as such,but we must be objective.Jamaica is better than us at the moment,and is a better defensive team,they can defend,it will take a few more years to teach TT about defending.I support all Caribbean teams,when we play anybody I support us(TT),but I am an objective person,and although it's hard to swallow,Jamaica is a far more organized team than us.

1]; } ?>