March 28, 2024, 03:49:53 AM

Author Topic: Carifta 2017  (Read 16051 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Carifta 2017
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2017, 04:54:46 PM »
Horsford completes golden hat-trick @Carifta2017

Tyriq Horsford
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 04:57:12 PM by royal »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 17, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »
Horsford completes golden hat-trick @Carifta2017

Tyriq Horsford

The Austin Sealy Award this year is between Tyriq Horsford and Khalifa St. Fort in my eyes.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 17, 2017, 06:44:16 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 17, 2017, 08:45:51 PM »
Yes better than last year. It depends how you look at it, I think Bahamas still did better than us. Yes we ahead because of one more gold medal. But they have much more medals than us. I might be sounding picky, I still feel we under-acheiving. I am glad to see some individual outstanding performances. But more has to be done to close the gap with JA.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 08:47:34 PM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 17, 2017, 11:39:56 PM »
It look like Puma outfitting most of the teams. That is nice.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2017, 09:09:03 AM »
Yes better than last year. It depends how you look at it, I think Bahamas still did better than us. Yes we ahead because of one more gold medal. But they have much more medals than us. I might be sounding picky, I still feel we under-acheiving. I am glad to see some individual outstanding performances. But more has to be done to close the gap with JA.

At this stage I don't look at who is ahead of us, I am just simply looking at what direction we are going. Hopefully with this improvement from last year we are going in the right direction and we improve more next year.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2017, 12:29:50 PM »
Make that 6 gold. Khalifa does the 1/2 double.

Event 34  Girls 200 Meter Dash UNDER 20
=====================================================================
       World: W 21.34  9/29/1988   Florence Griffith-Joyner, USA     
     Carifta: C 22.77  4/1/2013    Shaunae Miller, Bahamas           
World Junior: J 22.53  8/13/2012   Anthonique STRACHAN, BAH         
    Name                    Year Team                    Finals  Wind
=====================================================================
Finals                                                               
  1 St Fort, Khalifa             TTO                      23.99   0.5
  2 Hazzard, Halle               GRN                      24.15   0.5
  3 Cameron, Kasheika            JAM                      24.28   0.5
  4 Duggan, Taqece               JAM                      24.61   0.5
  5 Guerrier, Akia               TKS                      24.61   0.5
  6 Walcott, Shikyla             TTO                      24.88   0.5
  7 Bliss, Soleyn                ANT                      24.98   0.5
  8 Dorsey, Myia                 ISV                      25.03   0.5

time not fast at all
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2017, 12:51:56 PM »
Epic race! T&T wins 4x400 Boys relay

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7F_aN90GPP0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7F_aN90GPP0</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2017, 04:51:40 PM »
Epic in truth! That is the blood and sand mentality the footballers have to develop. This yute showing us the real deal.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2017, 07:34:43 AM »
I certainly agree with you. Better than last year but still not good enough for the financial and athletic resources at our disposal.  Our problem again is a lack of planning and organizational structure
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
ARGUMENTS ABOUT CARIFTA BOYS U20 4X4 FINAL STILL GOING ON

Yes folks, there are still arguments about the Boys U20 4x400m relay final going on on YouTube and elsewhere!

Some Jamaicans are saying that T&T cheated and should have been DQed in the Carifta Boys U20 4x4 Final because in their view Kashief King obstructed Christopher Taylor on the final home straight of the 4th leg.

Here is my argument from a T&T perspective after viewing replays of final:

Sorry guys but it is dishonest to say that T&T's win was dishonest!

T&T won that 4x4 final due to a better team effort and clever strategy and running.
T&T placed its fastest U20 400m sprinter Joshua Jacob St. Clair on the 2nd leg which is exactly where JA messed up and so St. Clair managed to open up a 30m gap by the end of the 2nd leg.
In the end T&T won that race because pressure does 'buss' pipe and Taylor ran out of gas on the final leg for JA due to having a 30m gap to make up!

I hope you do realise that Kashief King and Christopher Taylor were in lanes 2 and 3 respectively at the start of the last 100m down the home straight so both runners gradually changed lanes at the same time and rate coming down the home straight. So does Christopher Taylor of JA have more rights to drift and change lanes coming down the home straight than Kashief King of T&T has? I don't think so.
Maybe if Christopher Taylor had stayed in lane one down the home straight he could have won the race for JA from the inside lane and would not have run out of gas which is what happened which is understandable after having to close a 30m gap.

Jamaica lost this race because they messed up their first exchange and T&T took full advantage and deserved the win for their great team effort. 

Well done to all the teams in that final for making it the most entertaining and exciting race of the entire 2017 Carifta Games! :-)

CARIFTA 2017 20 BOYS 4X400M
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BRBVeK7AiAQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BRBVeK7AiAQ</a>

And here is shorter version featuring just the Final lap of the race!

CHRISTOPHER TAYLOR'S NEAR COMEBACK IN CARIFTA GAMES 4X4!
FloTrack, Published on 21 Apr 2017

Trinidad & Tobago took the baton with a huge 30m lead in the CARIFTA Games U20 Boys 4x400m.
Jamaica's Christopher Taylor tried to pull off the comeback, but didn't quite have enough in the tank...

My comment: Christopher Taylor ran out of gas after sprinting the first 350m of his leg almost full out. Kashief King did not hit Christopher Taylor as some Jamaicans are trying to claim though King gradually drifted from lane 1 to lane 3 over the last 100m to make the job of Christopher Taylor's running pass him on the home straight a bit more difficult. That was clever running by King and was within the rules as why should King make the job of Taylor running pass him easy? Also note King did not suddenly jump from lane 1 to lane 3 but gradually drifted from lane 1 into lane 3 over the last 100m which athletes are allowed to do. See video just below for confirmation!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Hla7WN4HXlM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Hla7WN4HXlM</a>
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 09:33:09 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2017, 05:50:34 PM »
I fail to see the infraction  ??? ???

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2017, 07:20:11 PM »
I fail to see the infraction  ??? ???