March 28, 2024, 05:15:08 PM

Author Topic: Garcia and Cato combine upfront?  (Read 1796 times)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Garcia and Cato combine upfront?
« on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:28 AM »
How allyuh feel about making these two men strikers? We need wheels on top.

We have some talent we could really utilize to our benefit.

We need young fast players and mix them with some experience.

Something like this.

___Garcia____Cato______
_______Kenwyne_______
Hyland__Boucaud____Joevin
_______George________
David___Bateau_____Mitchell
________Williams________

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Garcia and Cato combine upfront?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 11:22:12 AM »
That could work, but don't give up Jomal, though!

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:52 PM »
How allyuh feel about making these two men strikers? ....

___Garcia____Cato______
_______Kenwyne_______
Hyland__Boucaud____Joevin
_______George________
David___Bateau_____Mitchell
________Williams________

teams slicing thru 4 @ the back easy, easy I don't think 3 would make the situation any better. Unless Joevin play right back & Cato drop a lil further back.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:21:12 PM »
JJ is a LB. yes he is versatile. But RB, he is left footed.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2016, 10:35:39 AM »
I don't see Kenwyne as enough of a creative/playmaker type to sit behind the two forwards. If you want to go with 2 forwards, I'd much rather see either one of those two alongside Kenwyne, making the runs to collect his layoffs.

If you want to go 3 at the back then I would suggest we use Joevin and Cato as the wingbacks and we definitely need 2 defensive mids. My feeling is Boucaud with his passing and ability to control the ball could sit behind the forwards and Hyland and George could play the defensive mids.

Problem: According to Touches, Costa Rica has exposed us and laid out  the game plan to beat us. Shut down the wingers. Now while this lineup/formation may offer us an alternative through the middle, if teams over load on the wingers like Costa Rica did we may be leaving ourselves vulnerable to attacks down the wings.

Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 11:28:47 AM »
Well is either/or situation guys. Allyuh want offense or Defence? we do this  because we don't have enough firepower, if we do that we leaving ourselves vulnerable to the counter attack. With the current crop players we have, is an "either/or" scenario. I would only use Cato as a right back. I would leave David at LB. I would leave JJ up front with strict instructions to come back an assist the wing back on which ever side he is playing.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2016, 09:46:17 PM »
this is a great idea to put more power up front.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2016, 10:05:36 PM »
why not three center backs we could play d 2 CMs deep, george to win d ball and boucaud to distribute  and allow the wing backs and wingers more freedom to stay high to support each other, as it stands joevin\cato\levi are to quick and often bolt away leaving them with zero support then they butt dey head on these targeted defensive strategies
I pity the fool....

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
why not three center backs we could play d 2 CMs deep, george to win d ball and boucaud to distribute  and allow the wing backs and wingers more freedom to stay high to support each other, as it stands joevin\cato\levi are to quick and often bolt away leaving them with zero support then they butt dey head on these targeted defensive strategies

Something I've thought about from time to time. Question is, which 3 to play the centre backs?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2016, 01:03:47 PM »
big joke that is. Cato?? that bloke is the worst attacker I have seen on the national team in a while. has pace and nothing more. a very poor touch, a bad finisher, a poor dribbler and loses the ball quite often when he rubs right into a wall of defenders and could never deliver a pin point cross to save his own gnads.

as for Garcia, this kid infuriates me when he runs down the flank and loses the ball with his unnecessary beatsing and over dribbling, not to mention his errant crosses and wayward son shots.......off target. hart needs to do something about this immediately.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 02:21:36 PM »
big joke that is. Cato?? that bloke is the worst attacker I have seen on the national team in a while. has pace and nothing more. a very poor touch, a bad finisher, a poor dribbler and loses the ball quite often when he rubs right into a wall of defenders and could never deliver a pin point cross to save his own gnads.

It's not his fault. It's the MLS style

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2016, 05:08:58 PM »

Something I've thought about from time to time. Question is, which 3 to play the centre backs?

bakr marshall d extra man go be more than useful especially if we persist with cyrus at rightback :cursing:
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 05:41:45 AM »
I said it once and I will say it again, it worth ah try.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 06:04:01 AM »
Britto is much better as striker. Doing very well in Honduras

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2017, 10:14:37 AM »

Cato lost possession too many times in the last game. He tries to do too much by himself sometimes

1]; } ?>