March 28, 2024, 05:10:43 AM

Author Topic: PLAYING NICE ?? The TnT Myth  (Read 6867 times)

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
PLAYING NICE ?? The TnT Myth
« on: March 25, 2017, 06:27:26 AM »
this Playing Nice football ting we keep talking about...tnt playing nice..or not playing nice football...all dat is ah set of b#llshit...

it have NONE of allyuh here who see more tnt football matches than me....NONE...

i challenge you to send me a "full match footage" of TnT playing nice football...not highlights eh...FULL match...AND..then send the match before and the match after that one...to show consistence " NICE " football.

I know what people mean when people say NICE..is a knock and ah brand..Barca..Arsenal..AJAX...da da da...
how de hell we could play like dat when we did not develop our kids to play like in dat same manner ??..eh ??...

show me a Beenhakker match ??..and then a next one...Strike Squad ??... lord...show me one.. i see all...

to strive to play " nice " football is one thing...but...war not pretty

i have a padna ..after every tnt match...he does MSG me.. " how we Look ??"...and i know exactly what he asking...cause he want the nice fitball too... i does respond saying... we loss.. or.. we win... or.. we draw...  F#CK NICE...dais for Miss Universe...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: PLAYING NICE ?? The TnT Myth
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 06:43:02 AM »

Anyhow yuh win it nice.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 06:52:04 AM »
BigMag.....how about organized....purposeful in play....

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 07:01:22 AM »
yea MEP...THAT is International football.... i really on de men with this so called " NICE " knock /brand...

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 07:04:59 AM »
Well Big Magician , I may be in a position to challenge you about seeing more T&T matches. I go way back to the Grand stand , Savannah in the days of T&T vs Suriname. Be that as it may I understand what you are saying about Nice. Most of us are addicted to our way of thinking and Nice for you may not be Nice for me. I called Touches and ask him how we looking as a Team. I am looking for good chemistry , pressing the ball , stringing  passes together . Running into spaces and quick counter attack.
 That is Nice for me, although I would say an efficient performance can trump Nice.
 Most Fans look at the Strike Squad Era under Gally and called that NICE  football. Latapy is a NICE footballer . I guess when we can beat men and Dribble like Clauzel, or head a ball like Ronnie Gray and tackle like the TANK- Delabastide , or string up the goalkeeper like Chalky Hamel smith , that is Nice football. As the saying goes Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and so Is Nice football. Getting to Russia is all that matters and I don't care how Nice we play , winning is the name of the Game and War is never Nice.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »
yes Father....i take de challenge Injun...hahah..sweet...great input...blessings big man.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 07:41:12 AM »
injunchile hol up..explain who the dread dribbler was...some people may not know.....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2017, 08:25:48 AM »
I been sayin years dat we have d tools for fast workmanlike 1-2 touch football like d states play.....we does call dat ugly because we gravitate to towards South American styles, but my question is simple how much time we beat dat and how much time it beat we.......I like d simple break neck pace of EPL for instance over La liga, which never hold my interest, it technically superior footballing wise, but I find dull by comparison.

but den I see beauty in d fast and physical and will take ah straight up brawl over praying mantis any day of the week ......what we did against mex is proof dat we is trouble when we up d tempo
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:33:55 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2017, 10:26:38 AM »
this Playing Nice football ting we keep talking about...tnt playing nice..or not playing nice football...all dat is ah set of b#llshit...

... F#CK NICE...dais for Miss Universe...
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline sweetiepaper

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2017, 10:33:37 AM »

it have NONE of allyuh here who see more tnt football matches than me....NONE...

i challenge you to send me a "full match footage" of TnT playing nice football...not highlights eh...FULL match...AND..then send the match before and the match after that one...to show consistence " NICE " football.

I know what people mean when people say NICE..is a knock and ah brand..Barca..Arsenal..AJAX...da da da...
how de hell we could play like dat when we did not develop our kids to play like in dat same manner ??..eh ??...

show me a Beenhakker match ??..and then a next one...Strike Squad ??... lord...show me one.. i see all...

to strive to play " nice " football is one thing...but...war not pretty

i have a padna ..after every tnt match...he does MSG me.. " how we Look ??"...and i know exactly what he asking...cause he want the nice fitball too... i does respond saying... we loss.. or.. we win... or.. we draw...  F#CK NICE...dais for Miss Universe...
"Nice" Big Mag  :rotfl:
"Sweetiepaper does be all over de place"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2017, 01:31:43 PM »
We played a better brand under Hart... simple, we were more attacking and deadlier in the opponents first third..

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2017, 02:35:55 PM »
 Big mag best post 2017 - before Leo it was long ball game, after Leo it was wildman no plan tactics. If we had a brand it would be a defensive one, it took us to the WC and worked well in the group stages.

I feel like alot of people on here expecting a miracle worker. Result against Panama was indeed a miracle, they don't realize to build a team at international level can take years, Dennis had weeks. Ofc there is going to be up's and downs and chances are we not going to qualify. Does this make Dennis a bad coach? Nope. It just makes him human.. cmon ppl the man isn't Jesus. Stop with the unrealistic expectations.

What is written above is exactly why DJW introduction to the last coach was super not cool. You bring in a guy who knows nothing about our football.. sheesh we don't even know much about our football, expect him to pull a rabbit out of a hat to get results. The truth is we are still looking inwards to identify our brand.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 02:38:16 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2017, 04:13:34 PM »
Well Big Magician , I may be in a position to challenge you about seeing more T&T matches. I go way back to the Grand stand , Savannah in the days of T&T vs Suriname. Be that as it may I understand what you are saying about Nice. Most of us are addicted to our way of thinking and Nice for you may not be Nice for me. I called Touches and ask him how we looking as a Team. I am looking for good chemistry , pressing the ball , stringing  passes together . Running into spaces and quick counter attack.
 That is Nice for me, although I would say an efficient performance can trump Nice.
 Most Fans look at the Strike Squad Era under Gally and called that NICE  football. Latapy is a NICE footballer . I guess when we can beat men and Dribble like Clauzel, or head a ball like Ronnie Gray and tackle like the TANK- Delabastide , or string up the goalkeeper like Chalky Hamel smith , that is Nice football. As the saying goes Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, and so Is Nice football. Getting to Russia is all that matters and I don't care how Nice we play , winning is the name of the Game and War is never Nice.

Nice post!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2017, 10:27:24 PM »
Beautiful Post Big Mag...............

It amazes me how men want brand and brand..........its almost laughable.  These men need to watch a FULL Strike Squad game and realise that it was much of the same 25 years ago.

Contro, you need to stop this Hart obsession, please move on and support the side.  Even Hart probably feeling shame if he reading your posts. 

I am positively sure that your fingers are crossed hoping for Mexico to beat us for you to pull out your knife to take a stab at Dennis.  You were once a decent poster, but now you have rebranded yourself into the laughing stock of sw.net.  Every time i meet up with sw.net posters, they refer to your posts and laugh.

So i am begging you Gino, LET IT GO!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2017, 02:58:06 AM »
injunchile hol up..explain who the dread dribbler was...some people may not know.....
ian clauzel. he went to school with my older brother who happened so to be a rasta. they also called him muscle head. my older brother was ostriscized and kicked out the house because he turned rasta at an early age, now he's the salt if the earth and is venerated as a saint because he's very successful. life.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2017, 04:31:05 AM »
Beautiful Post Big Mag...............

It amazes me how men want brand and brand..........its almost laughable.  These men need to watch a FULL Strike Squad game and realise that it was much of the same 25 years ago.

Contro, you need to stop this Hart obsession, please move on and support the side.  Even Hart probably feeling shame if he reading your posts. 

I am positively sure that your fingers are crossed hoping for Mexico to beat us for you to pull out your knife to take a stab at Dennis.  You were once a decent poster, but now you have rebranded yourself into the laughing stock of sw.net.  Every time i meet up with sw.net posters, they refer to your posts and laugh.

So i am begging you Gino, LET IT GO!!

Tallest have my full support but that doesn't mean I have to love the brand of football I saw on display... it wasn't free flowing football and was disjointed at many moments.. Supporting your team fully and critiquing them can both exist in the same world..

I want our team to qualify but someone needs to point out reality, if you think Mexico will sleep on those mistakes, you're wrong... we were playing a much better brand of football when we drew with them twice and was in many instances in situations to beat them..

Football has progressed significantly since the strike squad days, that's a poor assessment ....

I'm also loving the hypocrisy on the board, under Hart men were adamant about brand and style of play, now all of a sudden the same armchair coaches throwing that out the window, it doesn't matter what brand of football Tallest plays lol gotta love the double standard
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 05:16:38 AM by Controversial »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2017, 06:42:47 AM »
We played a better brand under Hart... simple, we were more attacking and deadlier in the opponents first third..

A question for all posters, solely with respect to World Cup qualifying matches ( so doh mention de Gold Cup) ... what in your view (again any/all posters ... only using Contro's post to ask) was the best team performance under SH?

Performance and result doh mean the same, eh.

Wha allyuh think?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2017, 06:50:13 AM »
Contro, you make valid points. At this moment, it may appear to you that there is a double standard between SH and DL. The reality is that we have to win the next to be in the running for Moscow. A win is a win. We will deal with style as we go along. After Mexico game, we go back into a two months funk of the national team not playing friendlies and warmup games. Not getting friendlies to keep our on par with Mex. and US was Hart's down fall. That part of the equation fell mostly on DJW. DJW wanted Hart out from the time he won the election. And yes, you are correct that he did what he could to undermine SH. But we have to move on, because we have WC game on Tue.  I am disappointed in DJW performance so far. But we in a Leicester city situation. Don't support your national because of TTFA, or support our Beloved Warriors because of the struggles they go through due to bad management. When they take the field vs Mexico, Dennis, DJW, SH and Sol  will not be on the field with them. Is the players. Support them, win or lose.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 06:57:44 AM by Deeks »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2017, 07:45:57 AM »
That's the mature outlook Deeks, as painful as it might be for all collateral damage suffered along the way...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2017, 08:00:16 AM »

A question for all posters, solely with respect to World Cup qualifying matches ( so doh mention de Gold Cup) ... what in your view (again any/all posters ... only using Contro's post to ask) was the best team performance under SH?

Wha allyuh think?

I would say the 4-4 draw at the gold cup. It was a great showing if desire and effort which gave us a great result. However it was NEVER due to a "great" brand that we were playing. We simply played to our strengths which along with the attributes i mentioned earlier we had speed and a big classic centre forward who drew attention to himself, knocked the ball down and brought other technical players into play. What everyone thought was a fluke was repeated with the 2nd 3-3. Then complacency by the players, a vindictive DJW bore fruit leading to indiscipline in camp, subpar performances and Hart's dismissal without giving him the tools to rectify it.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2017, 08:02:52 AM »

Wha allyuh think?

I would say the 4-4 draw at the gold cup. It was a great showing if desire and effort which gave us a great result. However it was NEVER due to a "great" brand that we were playing. We simply played to our strengths which along with the attributes i mentioned earlier we had speed and a big classic centre forward who drew attention to himself, knocked the ball down and brought other technical players into play. What everyone thought was a fluke was repeated with the 2nd 3-3. Then complacency by the players, a vindictive DJW bore fruit leading to indiscipline in camp, subpar performances and Hart's dismissal without giving him the tools to rectify it.

Epic match, but I'm asking only regarding WC qualifying.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2017, 08:28:41 AM »
In my opinion, the best performance under Hart was the 2-1 in Guatemala last year.  People keep referring to the 4-4 and the 3-3 vs Mexico, but those games weren't games of consequence.

We did show great heart and spirit, but one game was a friendly, while the other was a game after we both qualified for the next round.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2017, 10:56:25 AM »

Wha allyuh think?

Epic match, but I'm asking only regarding WC qualifying.

Point taken and with that I must agree with Andre. That 2-1 was the best in WCQ. I should also mention when we did that mini tournament in the middle east, the game against UAE that we were behind and turned it around was really brilliant. Plaza was the one that started the comeback if I remember correctly

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2017, 06:17:26 AM »
I asked the question, but didn't wish to provide an opinion until a few responses came in. Will give my view now.

First, it's clear that only a handful of matches are candidates for "the best WC qualifying match under Hart", and that none of those matches are matches from this round of competition (meaning not versus Costa Rica at home and not versus Honduras away). As such, it boils down to performances versus the US, SVG and Guatemala.

There ought to be no argument that the performance versus St. Vincent and Grenadines away was not a fine moment. Similarly, although we replicated three points versus SVG in T&T, it was not a match that presented unsurmountable difficulty or a template for playing through WC qualifying (it was about erasing the close shave that occurred in Arnos Vale), and even so, it took us a considerable period into the match to start getting the job done.

There are only two matches that are candidates for the throne (Guatemala away and US at home). Having viewed both matches live (that is, not on TV, but at the respective stadia) and again subsequently recorded, I regard the match versus the US as the best of the lot. Nevertheless, that stated, I recognize the obvious worth and significance of our two away goals in Guatemala and the individual quality that produced them. However, as we celebrate those goals and their historical significance, there is the tendency to neglect the collective defects that were torturing SH in the technical area (people who read this forum would know what they are because SH was not shy about stating elements that were missing or that did not "come together". We were not sufficiently cohesive and we were not particularly fluent, but we did enough. On top of that, I can't ignore the late goal we conceded with stoppage time to play.

My best game was what was produced versus the US at home in the 0-0 draw. It was a branded match performance with which there can be little quarrel, only perhaps a quibble. The US was challenged comprehensively on both sides of the ball. Admittedly, we had a line of confrontation issue late in the game and an almost consequential issue with dealing with Jermaine Jones that in part stemmed from Michael Bradley's playing IQ, but we largely managed transition moments with application and there was a stamp of authority in the product.

While certainly an argument could be made that Trevin Caesar could have been introduced fractionally earlier, all of the substitutions transparently supported the product on display. There were all the right horses for that course.

I doh think there's a person who left the HCS without optimism and confidence that night.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 06:19:27 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2017, 08:41:54 AM »
the first half vz USA away...was world class by tnt...top draw stuff...then we lost 4-0  ( 4-1 ?/)

but Guatemala away was serious deep digging stuff

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2017, 09:53:42 AM »
the first half vz USA away...was world class by tnt...top draw stuff...then we lost 4-0  ( 4-1 ?/)

BEST HALF OF FOOTBALL I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM A NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM.  It was a pity that we conceded late in the first half and eventually lost 4-0.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2017, 10:25:06 AM »

BEST HALF OF FOOTBALL I HAVE EVER SEEN FROM A NATIONAL FOOTBALL TEAM.  It was a pity that we conceded late in the first half and eventually lost 4-0.

this seem to contradict the very first post of the thread. b/c during this 1st half of football i was the most proud or most optimistic that we was going to put hurt on the US. I was drunk as a fish in the middle of a stadium packed with yanks and continually shoutin to my two trini partners beside me: "when last you see trini knock ball like that!?" [to weird stares from everybody around]. I think part of the talk about brand is the general feeling that 'if only we had a molino in there or a bostock or one extra umph, we could box with anybody in concacaf all day every day'. Compared to the panama win where..as one poster put it, we was just lucky.. and you can't ride luck forever.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2017, 12:20:51 PM »
I think that it is an insult to the eleven players that i saw on the pitch giving their all for their country to categorize that victory as "lucky"!!

All teams need an element of good fortune, but that is another discussion

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2017, 12:31:47 PM »
I think that it is an insult to the eleven players that i saw on the pitch giving their all for their country to categorize that victory as "lucky"!!

All teams need an element of good fortune, but that is another discussion

Well said Dre. Well said  :thumbsup:
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2017, 12:58:38 PM »
There is nothing wrong with 'nice football'. Its just a hangup from the era of amateur football when how you played the game was as important as winning the game. Today every backyard football league accross the globe today is linked into a larger corporate structure in which money and winning matters so much more. Thats the reality, but our football culture is still struggling to adapt to that. Ironically TT football was never so popular as when it was amateur/semi-professional.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>