March 29, 2024, 05:11:55 AM

Author Topic: Reyes scores, Mexico tops T&T to stay unbeaten in WCQ.  (Read 5891 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reyes scores, Mexico tops T&T to stay unbeaten in WCQ.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2017, 12:52:51 PM »
WATCH: Post-game comments from midfielder Cordell Cato

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/8QIDkm1qll8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/8QIDkm1qll8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
Too bad the goal was disallowed..but we got caught napping..we have to do better than that...we still in the fight we have points on the board.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2017, 01:46:55 PM »
typical of Mexico football doh..cyah just depend on skill...dive, fake, throw bottle, scratch,pull, fight, harangue officials, an when yuh have everybody in ah mess,an distracted, punish dem with techniquesl, and make sure they doh recover..Yuh need 100 % concentration to beat them..That goal woulda mashup all they plans doh, but dey had already had the officials act 1, scene 3 in the bag... we go jam dem still, it coming

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2017, 01:51:26 PM »
"T&T in a mess. We're getting robbed everywhere; in our car, in our home, now even in football.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 29, 2017, 01:56:14 PM »
Coaching staff and players better be ready to execute wins on the road. Its hard to win on the road in places like CR and Panama but this is the hole we dig ourselves once again in another WC qualifying cycle

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2017, 02:57:32 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w6uKlQMirXE&amp;feature=youtu.be" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w6uKlQMirXE&amp;feature=youtu.be</a>
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:00 PM »
Bad officiating

No Bateau? No Levi? Tallest showed desperation with his subs after mexicos goal

Absorbing pressure from Mexico was ill advised and the wrong approach, Tallest showed his inexperience tonight

Very little shots on goal and as a defender,  not implementing the press Hart had used to throw Mexico off made a difference

Tallest is too conservative of a coach to be our national team coach, we have regressed severely and will continue to do so under his leadership, this style of football he is implementing is putting us back  years ago when we were struggling to find our style of play and couldn't score goals with very little shots on goal... not to mention his choices and selection...
And you have more experience than Dennis, right? Why yuh not coaching somewhere, brother. Ah know is just fan talk so doh bodda wid me, ok?

No I don't have more experience than Tallest, but I've been around football from a very early age and know when a team is not playing well and when a coach put of desperation starts throwing on subs that make no sense...

Ff and the other idiots above are good at deflecting instead of addressing what happened..

We struggled in the offensive Dept last night, Bateau, Boucaud and Levi was left on the bench, our mid looked weak, weakest I've seen in a while.. We had very little attempts at goal and he subbed Jones at the 65' minute? He brings on Boucaud late which added a small spark but not enough time, hyland was invisible most of the match, fading in and out.. we actually saw some cohesiveness when Boucaud came on..

Why is no one observing these things? Cummings to this day is a better mid for national football than Molino, we started playing better football with Cummings in the mid than when Molino was there and that trend is continuing...

You mad? Angry? Cross?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:35:51 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 01:50:43 AM »
Lawrence: We were unlucky.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

“Unlucky” was how national football coach Dennis Lawrence described Tuesday’s 1-0 loss to Mexico in the World Cup Qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

His comment at the post match interview came as no surprise after the Soca Warriors opened the scoring with a thunderous left footer by speedy flanker Joevin Jones in the 32nd minute from a pass by midfielder Khaleem Hyland, but Jamaican referee Valdin Legister, after consultation with his compatriot, assistant referee 1 Richard Washington, waved offside when video replays clearly showed the player was on-side.

“I think we were unlucky with the goal that we scored because it was clearly on-side from what I saw,” Lawrence said.

In summing up the match the coach, himself an ex-national defender said he didn’t feel his players had done enough to win the match, saying they didn’t test the Mexican goalie enough to score.

But he however made it clear his troops had done enough to at least get a point from it.

“In terms of our organisation, our structure defensively, we had to lose the game conceded by a set-piece as it was difficult to break us down in open play, but we didn’t do enough to take the game at the other end, we didn’t test their keeper enough so I felt we just fell short in that aspect.

“But in terms of losing the game, I felt we had done enough to get something from it.

“I feel quite disappointed for the boys because I don’t think they deserved that, but that’s football,” Lawrence said disappointingly.

Warriors, which was led by Kenwyne Jones, surrendered the match from a defensive blunder in the 57th minute, allowing an unmarked Diego Reyes the room, time and space to meet a perfectly delivered left-sided corner on the head past a stranded Jan-Michael Williams in post.

The ball rocketed into the roof of the net on impact as Reyes was allowed to roam freely on top the area.

Lawrence believes his team allowed the Mexicans to take control of the ball from early, saying whenever the Warriors won the ball, it was being given back to them.

He called on the players to have more belief in themselves, saying: “I can’t fault the boys for effort but I said to them that we have to believe in how good we can be.

“We spoke about things before the game and then we allow the Mexican team to get too much control of the game.”

Lawrence also called on the team to keep the focus as they face two challenging away matches in June to the United States and Costa Rica, saying it is up to the boys to believe in themselves and believe that they can still qualify.

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence: We deserved something.
T&T Express Reports.

National football team head coach Dennis Lawrence believes that Trinidad and Tobago deserved at least a point from their World Cup qualifying match that ended in a 0-1 loss to Mexico on Tuesday. But Lawrence also believes his team must be confident of picking up points when they go on the road against the USA and Costa Rica in June.

“I didn’t think we did enough to win the game but we did enough to get something out of the game,” Lawrence said at the post-match press conference. “I think we were a bit unlucky. The goal that we scored was clearly onside, from what I saw.

“I can’t fault the boys for effort. They only thing, I said it: that we need to believe how good we can be,” Lawrence continued. “We have two very difficult games in June, which are going to be two games away from home. We have to prepare ourselves mentally and when we come together as a group, we have to believe that it still can be done.”

Lawrence felt that if anything, his footballers gave Mexico too much respect.

“We allowed the Mexican team to get too much control of the game,” he said. “We had the goal conceded from a set piece. It was difficult to break us down in open play but we didn’t do enough to take the game at the other end. We didn’t test their keeper enough.”

Otherwise, Lawrence felt T&T matched up well with a very good and confident Mexican team which leads the region in qualifying.

“We matched them in a lot of aspects of the game. So, I think in terms of progression, I can take a lot of confidence in our organisation,” Lawrence declared.

“The set piece. That is the defining moment,” he continued. “Because if you keep concentration and you do your job defensively on a set piece, sometimes these are the things that win you and lose you games.”

Meanwhile, Mexican coach Juan Carlos Osori admitted that the match was difficult but was pleased with the result.

“Today was a game where we had to roll up our sleeves and work for it, and the guys understood that,” Osorio said at the post-match conference. “All in all, I think the plan gave us really good results.”

Bad decision.
By Ian Prescott (Express)

“We had a goal taken away from us by some poor decision-making but unfortunately, that’s how the game goes,” Trinidad and Tobago captain Kenwyne Jones said, following his team close 0-1 defeat to Mexico in their World Cup qualifier on Tuesday night at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

T&T scored first, through Joevin Jones but had the effort incorrectly waved offside by Jamaican assistant-referee Richard Washington and the goal subsequently disallowed by another Jamaican, referee Valdin Legister.

“We should have at least had a point from the game, I think, if not go on to win the game,” stated Jones, the experienced former English Premiership striker.

Mexico then went on to win the match with a second-half goal by Diego Reyes, from a corner-kick.

“And then we had a moment of lapse in concentration and it cost us in the end.” the T&T captain lamented.

Overall, Jones was pleased by the performance, as T&T matched zone leaders Mexico in most areas.
“The guys could be proud of their efforts and we could also build on it, looking forward to the other set of games coming up,” Jones added. “In the end, we still did not have a result, so I’m disappointed.”

Even so, the Atlanta United striker does not feel it is beyond T&T getting a good result from the next two games on the road, against the USA and Costa Rica in June.

“It’s necessary to go away and take the points from the team that are at home. So, we have two tough games coming up, USA an Costa Rica. We’re going to buckle down and focus on that when we get together and try and get the points,” Jones said.

“I still have one hundred percent belief in the squad. We still have six games to go, so we going to put our best foot forward.” he declared. “Everyone just has to keep working hard and focus for when we meet up again. The squad is a great one.”

« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 01:56:19 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2017, 03:42:50 PM »
Was the flag raise for Kenwyne perhaps?

how come that black line not parallel with the white lines on the track?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 31, 2017, 05:19:46 PM »

for goodness sake man stop acting like you don't know the game. the ball was played to Jovin who was in an onside position while kenwin on the other hand was no where near the ball even though he was in an offside position. an offside is never called unless the offside player makes a play for the ball.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2017, 06:06:41 PM »
for goodness sake man stop acting like you don't know the game. the ball was played to Jovin who was in an onside position while kenwin on the other hand was no where near the ball even though he was in an offside position. an offside is never called unless the offside player makes a play for the ball.

some people good kicksey yes. I dunno if I wastin my time but I will try. The person who drew the black line over the image was implying that with his/her line (minus the curved portion, which was obviously a mamaguy) Joevin is on, as we can see the ball just being played to Joevin (by Molino I believe). My point is that the camera is at a bad angle, and in order to draw a proper line with the last defender, we can get clues from the lines used on the track on the far end by where the linesman is running. If you trace a line parallel to those lines that passes through the last defender (the proper angle through which the linesman is looking), it looks like Joevin is offside. All this besides the hundreds of calls to radio stations and posts in here to the contrary - including conspiracies of a fifa planted referee / linesman etc. ... a close call at worse but from the picture looks marginally offside.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:10:50 PM by kounty »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #41 on: March 31, 2017, 06:11:20 PM »
Even with parallel lines he look marginally onside. But it's a closer call than people making it out to be.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2017, 06:26:47 PM »

I was listening to Ramesh Ramdan's interview on Sportsmax and he too suggested that the flag may have been raised for Kenwyne as the assistant ref. wasn't aware of the trajectory of the ball when it was played , i.e he thought it was being played to Kenwyne rather than Joevin. However, after reviewing the footage again that doesn't seem likely; the flag was raised just after Joevin got the ball ( and Kenwyne also seemed to me to be marginally onside as well.) 
It was a questionable call but we had some of those go in our favor as well....it's not the first time and, unfortunately, it wouldn't be the last time ...that's the game I guess...

Here's a link to the play:
https://my.mixtape.moe/twhhsm.mp4

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2017, 06:46:09 PM »
you right Michael-j. That is a better angle and taking one frame at a time He was onside. (thanks for sharing the video).

that stinking Fifa!  :D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 31, 2017, 08:49:41 PM »
The linesman was not in line with the play!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 08:58:29 PM »
Ah trying to upload -- without success -- a pic of the frame with the 18 yard box included for a better perspective, I gave up!
MEP thanks for finally pointing the IDIOT'S positioning...I know a ton of little teenage refs where I live and one of the FIRST things they try to perfect as young refs, is to stay in LINE WITH THE LAST DEFENDER!!

Where is this joker running going??

That -- to me, and I'm sure it will to football officials if they see this as well -- speaks to high level of incompetency for someone officiating a WC qualifier.

"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2017, 09:43:46 AM »
Few mistakes I saw, the player who was passing the ball to another player, he had to move towards him to pass it because players not making themselves available, so right there, you take 2/3 players off the game.

Secondly, Kenwyne should never be on the wing, leave him center where he is very effective, he should have never been taken off.

T&T was playing to much in the middle, they need to know when and how to attack.

Being a goal down and trying to play like Barca makes no scenes.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #47 on: April 07, 2017, 01:50:33 AM »
T&T vs Mexico match tops US TV viewership ratings.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Telemundo Deportes’ “Rumbo al Mundial” World Cup Qualifying match between T&T and Mexico which was broadcast on March 28, was delivered before an audience of 1.75 million total viewers of which 937,000 were adults between the ages of 18-49, according to Nielsen.

In the US, the T&T vs Mexico encounter ranked as the most watched show in the time period in Los Angeles, Houston, Chicago, San Francisco, and Phoenix in the USA, among adults 18 to 49, regardless of language. The much anticipated match reached a cumulative audience of 3 million viewers in Telemundo and nearly 600,000 in Universo.

It beat out the Panama vs USA match which aired following Mexico’s win, at 10 pm ET, delivered 1.4 million total viewers and 811,000 adults 18-49.

Across TelemundoDeportes.com and the Deportes En Vivo App, Trinidad & Tobago vs. Mexico generated over 24,000 livestreams. The Panama vs. USA generated 14,500 livestreams, becoming the most livestreamed non-Mexico Qualifier for the World Cup, surpassing Trinidad y Tobago vs. USA match from November 17, 2015 (13,500 livestreams).

On social media, Telemundo Deportes was #1 in terms of social actions among all Spanish-language sports television networks, on Tuesday, March 28. During that day, Telemundo Deportes reached 8.2 million global users and generated 946,000 native video views on Facebook, of which 527,000 were Facebook Live.

On June 13, the Telemundo network will present live coverage of the Panama vs. Honduras and Costa Rica vs. Trinidad & Tobago matches. Telemundo Deportes, one of the leading providers of sports content in Spanish in the United States, is home to two of the world’s most popular sporting events: the FIFA World Cup™ through 2026 and the Summer Olympic Games through 2032. In addition, Telemundo Deportes broadcasts the FIFA World Cup™ CONCACAF qualifying matches for most of the region, including the Mexico and USA national teams’ away matches.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 03:52:56 AM by Flex »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2017, 07:22:53 AM »
This is good for T&T and mainly because of Stephen Hart.

Glad we get more views, hopefully DJW could capitalize on this and get us some top friendlies.

Ah also glad to see 3 million viewers saw that nasty Jamaica referee.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

1]; } ?>