March 28, 2024, 08:18:46 PM

Author Topic: You're down a goal....how come no Levi Garcia?  (Read 8867 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
You're down a goal....how come no Levi Garcia?
« on: March 29, 2017, 11:53:27 AM »
 ???
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: You're down a goal....how come no Levi Garcia?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 12:21:29 PM »
 :)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 12:30:16 PM »
 Jamille Boatswain ... is there
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 12:47:52 PM »
???
No Bateau or Garcia,had me wondering.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »
???

especially since bateau is d closest ting we have to a ball playing defender and has goals to his name
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 01:41:04 PM »
???

especially since bateau is d closest ting we have to a ball playing defender and has goals to his name

All coaches have their preferences.  And it could be that players might be carrying a slight injury....or not performing optimally in training....or they don't fit the tactical approach the coach want to play....or it could just be a hunch

Any number can play.  But......all coaches know that their actions...AND inactions....will elicit scrutiny.

Especially after a loss

So this is MY scrutiny.

I don't understand how Boatswain can be expected to have much impact.  ESPECIALLY in a WCQ against forkane Mexico.

Maybe Tallest feel Boatswain is the Trini Marcus Rashford or something.  But if that was the case...yuh eh think he woulda be playin somewhere other than for Defence Force in the Pro League?

I know Boatswain and Levi Garcia do not play the same position.  The swap would be Cato and it's obvious that Tallest likes Cato. And nothing wrong with that.

But we down a goal in the 2nd half at home....we not getting much done offensively....if anything at all....and rather than bring on the speed....yuh go with Boatswain?

Again....coach prerogative.  I get that

My prerogative to question that.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 01:47:31 PM by palos »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 02:19:59 PM »
???

All coaches have their preferences.  And it could be that players might be carrying a slight injury....or not performing optimally in training....or they don't fit the tactical approach the coach want to play....or it could just be a hunch

Any number can play.  But......all coaches know that their actions...AND inactions....will elicit scrutiny.

Especially after a loss

So this is MY scrutiny.

I don't understand how Boatswain can be expected to have much impact.  ESPECIALLY in a WCQ against forkane Mexico.

Maybe Tallest feel Boatswain is the Trini Marcus Rashford or something.  But if that was the case...yuh eh think he woulda be playin somewhere other than for Defence Force in the Pro League?

I know Boatswain and Levi Garcia do not play the same position.  The swap would be Cato and it's obvious that Tallest likes Cato. And nothing wrong with that.

But we down a goal in the 2nd half at home....we not getting much done offensively....if anything at all....and rather than bring on the speed....yuh go with Boatswain?

Again....coach prerogative.  I get that

My prerogative to question that.

didn' mind d boatswain change  except dat it was for KJ, my feelin was dat molino should have made way, do agree on levi though....but we should have doubled down on d physicality at that stage and brought in some speed and skill to compliment joevin
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2017, 02:29:09 PM »
didn' mind d boatswain change  except dat it was for KJ, my feelin was dat molino should have made way, do agree on levi though....but we should have doubled down on d physicality at that stage and brought in some speed and skill to compliment joevin

I honestly don't get the boatswain thing.

Ah mean....football so sophisticated these days and teams have scouts EVERYWHERE.  No stone left unturned as it were.

If he was THAT special, yuh doh think he would be playing somewhere like where Levi playing at least?  Even a lil trial self?

Is like we ketch a vaps and hoping that the player that scores goals against Rangers, Club Sando, and Barbados will emulate that against MEXICO

Sad to say....it mostly doh wuk like that

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:22 PM »

Ah mean....football so sophisticated these days and teams have scouts EVERYWHERE.  No stone left unturned as it were.

If he was THAT special, yuh doh think he would be playing somewhere like where Levi playing at least?  Even a lil trial self?

Is like we ketch a vaps and hoping that the player that scores goals against Rangers, Club Sando, and Barbados will emulate that against MEXICO

he has a physical present and willing to shoot if he see ah opening....when is d last time we had ah striker dat fancy d odd full blooded blast, keron was sweetin minor league ball normel normel and was given ah go....he not d savior like people making out but he have hustle .....but den I'sa chelsea man so I like strikers dat look like dey could bully defenders
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2017, 04:05:18 PM »
keron was sweetin minor league ball normel normel and was given ah go....he not d savior like people making out but he have hustle .....but den I'sa chelsea man so I like strikers dat look like dey could bully defenders

Kerron was given a go because when Molino got injured, he was the only player eligible to play for T&T who was willing to play off of Kenwyne Jones and feed on those balls that came to him as a result.

He wasn't the only player with the skill set to do so. 

Lest you forget....Guerra lost his place to Kerron.  Guerra arguably has more "skills"....certainly had greater physicality....but for whatever reason, he couldn't perform the role consistently.  Kerron....up until his unfortunate injury.....performed.

Is more than just being able to shoot from anywhere.  Is about running into space intelligently.  Knowing when to run into the space. Timing.  Anticipation.  And even with all that....you still have to have the technique and composure to execute.  That is exactly how Molino makes his name.  He feeds off of "scraps".  He shows up at the right time.  He has the knack for timing his run and all the stuff I previously mentioned.

I haven't seen any of that from Boatswain.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
Quick question Palos.................How effective was Levi Garcia when he came on vs Panama?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2017, 04:26:57 PM »
Quick question Palos.................How effective was Levi Garcia when he came on vs Panama?

More effective than Willis Plaza was against Mexico?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2017, 04:27:20 PM »

he has a physical present and willing to shoot if he see ah opening....when is d last time we had ah striker dat fancy d odd full blooded blast, keron was sweetin minor league ball normel normel and was given ah go....he not d savior like people making out but he have hustle .....but den I'sa chelsea man so I like strikers dat look like dey could bully defenders

Not a trait to be discarded, but his insertion last night should have been accompanied by a more enterprising mix of those staying on the pitch, those entering and where they played. Although Boucaud got into advanced positions and played forward passes, he did not do both simultaneously (playing a forward or penetrating pass from an  advanced position). Nevertheless, his insertion was correct.

Could we have gone 3 in the back? Removed Gonzales, inserted an attacking option in the midfield above George? And, deployed the variation of Garcia while leaving KJ on the field?

It was interesting to see Cyrus taking a long throw with KJ on the bench and our numerical inferiority in the penalty area.

Discussion stimulated.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2017, 04:34:12 PM »

Dis is a red herring. Or red herring-esque.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2017, 04:47:59 PM »
To me no matter how tired Kenwyne was he posed an aerial threat and presence that Mexico had to take note of.
As soon as he was gone they put numbers behind the ball and we were stymied.

All this talk Controversial talking about Hart brand vs Mexico. If You followed this event closely you would have noted that the Mexican coach quite rightly heeded the lessons of those last two encounters and set up Mexico quite differently to what we saw in the Gold Cup and even against Costa Rica last Friday. So we comparing apples and oranges. Mexico then wasn't Mexico now.

They were looking to actively cut out our counter attacking threat and nullify the option of playing direct to Kenwyne. This was not high octane mexico leaving gaps across the back. Yet still we created dangerous opportunities in the first half and restricted Mexico to early crosses from a little deeper out.

As far as the short corners went. I actually thought it was clever to say ok you brought in big men in the back we could knock it short.
But at some point we should have thrown the kitchen sink and just lump them in.

Long story short. I thought it was one of our better first halves and a very good tactical battle between coaches. Very intriguing.
I believe the second half was won by Mexico's gamesmanship and our players naivete and yes some tactical errors by our staff.
Perhaps inexperience? I could concede that.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2017, 04:55:13 PM »
To me no matter how tired Kenwyne was he posed an aerial threat and presence that Mexico had to take note of.

All this talk Controversial talking about Hart brand vs Mexico. If You followed this event closely you would have noted that the Mexican coach quite rightly heeded the lessons of those last two encounters and set up Mexico quite differently to what we saw in the Gold Cup and even against Costa Rica last Friday. So we comparing apples and oranges. Mexico then wasn't Mexico now.

They were looking to actively cut out our counter attacking threat and nullify the option of playing direct to Kenwyne. This was not high octane mexico leaving gaps across the back. Yet still we created dangerous opportunities in the first half and restricted Mexico to early crosses from a little deeper out.

As far as the short corners went. I actually thought it was clever to say ok you brought in big men in the back we could knock it short.

Long story short. I thought it was one of our better first halves and a very good tactical battle between coaches. Very intriguing.
I believe the second half was won by Mexico's gamesmanship and our players naivete and yes some tactical errors by our staff.

agreed
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2017, 05:04:26 PM »

Not a trait to be discarded, but his insertion last night should have been accompanied by a more enterprising mix of those staying on the pitch, those entering and where they played. Although Boucaud got into advanced positions and played forward passes, he did not do both simultaneously (playing a forward or penetrating pass from an  advanced position). Nevertheless, his insertion was correct.

Could we have gone 3 in the back? Removed Gonzales, inserted an attacking option in the midfield above George? And, deployed the variation of Garcia while leaving KJ on the field?

It was interesting to see Cyrus taking a long throw with KJ on the bench and our numerical inferiority in the penalty area.

Discussion stimulated.

I would have favour 3-5-2 or even 4-4-2(yuk) at that point, molino as u pointed out, was a passenger last night and barring d goal was in and out against panama...intangibles...a yellow carded, somewhat ephemeral, clearly riled molino wasn't going to change that game.....and I standin by dat

d mexican coach targeted our physicality for special attention, but still we should have doubled down, we know for a fact dat kenwin could handle he shit as ah withdrawn forward
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 05:10:24 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2017, 05:04:52 PM »

:cheers:

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2017, 05:25:02 PM »
Levi took some knocks against Panama. The game was at a stage where it was too risky to insert Garcia - it is important to protect the young players in big clubs in a game so physical. Plaza was picked because of his high work rate and pace. No one knows what is best for the team besides the manager he knows all the details and we don't. Face it we were a bit unlucky but played well enough to deserve respect.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2017, 06:18:13 PM »

I continue to be confused by KJ's presence up front. He hardly ever really bothers anyone.
This man should be playing midfield, you would notice against HOnd. he was behind the striker basically midfield and did a fine job manhandling the opposition.

He is also a boon when defending against corners.

I was surprised by Garcia's absence in the 2nd half. LG may not have been amazing vs Pan. but he is fast and skillful and we don't really have better.

Plaza ent much but he tries and his speed in the sec. half would be more hopeful than having to watch KJ stumble up front.

A midfield with KJ and Hyland with Molino in front would be useful. We may have to convert someone up front, perhaps Kato.

But we CONTINUE to waste time with KJ up front by himself. If he ever scores a goal well lord ....he wll become the present day Bleeder.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2017, 07:27:49 PM »
Aubrey David is a good player. However, he is the one that gave the Mexican too much space to shoot on to the goal.. This caused the corner, which caused the goal. I think Bateau should have started.

Gonzales isnt a bad player. Will like to see if he gets a contract from abroad.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2017, 08:51:08 PM »
Normal mistakes for a rookie head coach at this level. Big price to pay though! Hope he learns and can make better decisions at critical times in future games.

He should have left on KJ inserted another striker with him and switching to a more offensive 3-5-2, you at home need to get at least a pt. Levi is playing at a high level should have been involved if he was ok to play. DL seems to have a passion for Army players need to think professional not with his heart.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 08:53:31 PM by Coach »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2017, 09:08:50 PM »
???who knows. Maybe he's carrying a knock or he probably wasn't 100% on the night, diarrhea, headache, chills, or probably he defied the coaches instruction on friday, point is it cold be w number of things. but the bigger question should be....why cato who has no awareness what so ever.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2017, 09:18:31 PM »
Gally Cummings was right when he said to me one day , The Reason That I don't go on these local sites is that Everyone in Trinidad & Tobago is a coach and they know what is best for the Team.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2017, 09:35:43 PM »

Well to be honest.  Boatswain could have scored.  Late in the game JJ draw 4 men at the top of the area. Boatswain pull away onside in the 18 all JJ had to to was release the ball and he all by himself instead JJ hold on to the ball and get fowl.  JJ is consistently denying other players the ball (KJ) and holding it to much.  Remember the the 4 - 4 draw with Mexico?  KJ break inside push past a player and then lay the ball off bam goal.  JJ did the same exact play yesterday but unlike KJ refused Boatswain the ball and choose to go down for the free kick. 

Posting the link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SB56ql4rs

1:29.  JJ get the ball instead of just hittin it back across to KJ (Which is the best option) he decides to go for goal.  He scores but harder chance to take.  Same thing with Molino against Panama. KJ open and free but he choose the harder thing and scores.  That kinda mentality hurts a team against better opposition which it did against Mexico. 
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 09:50:43 PM by Preacher »
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2017, 12:30:56 AM »
Gally Cummings was right when he said to me one day , The Reason That I don't go on these local sites is that Everyone in Trinidad & Tobago is a coach and they know what is best for the Team.

Welcome to fandom.  Gally should be happy people invested enough to care

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2017, 12:43:48 AM »

Yet, there are indications he hasn't been shy about turning up at this venue.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2017, 01:08:47 AM »

agreed
On point.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2017, 03:03:44 AM »
I said some time ago KJ needs to come with the play as opposed to the play coming to him,he becomes stagnant and be easily marked,more difficult to mark a moving target,and in coming with the play he gives us more options
I think Cyrus needs to play in the midfield instead of Kevin George,he will give us more options,he can do all what George does and still be an attacking player,George is to one dimensional,face it there is zero creativity in the midfield,Cyrus could change That

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2017, 04:16:53 AM »

agreed
On point.

On point my ass, I love that Palos and seeker are the few that are actually thinking analytically

Tallest inexperience showed as I said, right after the match I stated this... I also stated why the hell you leave a player like Levi on the bench and tallest subs were not Intelligent moves on his part

FF and Andre can sugar coat the shit as much as they want, but it's still shit at the end of the day, it smells and rots like it..

The intelligent thing would have been to start Bateau, Boucaud and bring Levi off the bench .... with Cummings absent from the mid, we now have to run our offense through Molino and at times he's selfish Andre doesn't distribute the ball well.. as someone pointed out he is a scavenger, he will pounce on scraps, kerron creates, Levi creates, the last game against Panama we saw Levi in the box and he passed the ball..

Before Levi would look to attack the goal and dribble, I don't know who is stifling Levi but Tallest is doing his job at diminishing our chances to qualify and playing into the dictator plan, fooling people with that win against Panama then playing shit against Mexico at home..

Andre and FF think that brand of football will beat big teams lol that's a joke.. I warned men, FIFA is paying Tallest salary, remember that, Mexico and the other elite teams want an easy walk through to the World Cup..

1]; } ?>