March 29, 2024, 04:31:53 AM

Author Topic: You're down a goal....how come no Levi Garcia?  (Read 8870 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: You're down a goal....how come no Levi Garcia?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2017, 04:25:29 AM »
Normal mistakes for a rookie head coach at this level. Big price to pay though! Hope he learns and can make better decisions at critical times in future games.

He should have left on KJ inserted another striker with him and switching to a more offensive 3-5-2, you at home need to get at least a pt. Levi is playing at a high level should have been involved if he was ok to play. DL seems to have a passion for Army players need to think professional not with his heart.

Nah I think it was deliberate on tallest part...

Tallest so absent minded that he don't know Levi is our best impact player off the bench? He didn't review game tape from before?

Allyuh buying cat in bag now, tallest is paid by FIFA and is in cohorts with the dictator ... things going as planned..

Hire a former player with no experience as head coach at this level, mamaguy the people with the fact he's a son of the soil and took us to the World Cup to gain everyone's trust, then blame it on his lack of experience as to why we lost or start losing, when in truth it's him making selections that inhibit our team from winning..

Logically there was no reason why he didn't start Sheldon and sub Levi, and why he couldn't keep kenwyne in the game.. he's now a part of the sabotage with the dictator, ensuring the elite teams advance, TT is the fall guy...

Once people caught onto the dictator set up, he pretend to pull out and create a ficticious battle with skeene and tallest gets selected ... FIFA paying Tallest, I don't know any corp or employer on this earth that has no say in the people they pay.. what dream world is people living in on this board.. no conspiracy there, just facts, in steps the corrupt refs who ensure the game is biased, hence the poor officiating to ensure things go smoothly ....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2017, 06:06:36 AM »
I said some time ago KJ needs to come with the play as opposed to the play coming to him,he becomes stagnant and be easily marked,more difficult to mark a moving target,and in coming with the play he gives us more options
I think Cyrus needs to play in the midfield instead of Kevin George,he will give us more options,he can do all what George does and still be an attacking player,George is to one dimensional,face it there is zero creativity in the midfield,Cyrus could change That

Ok, I'll play.

What was George's influence on possession and the tempo of play? What was his pass accuracy percentage? Were his passes short or long? Lateral or vertical? Have you observed any difference in the length and direction of his passes? When in possession, how long does he keep the ball for?

End of first paragraph.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2017, 08:22:34 AM »
Gally Cummings was right when he said to me one day , The Reason That I don't go on these local sites is that Everyone in Trinidad & Tobago is a coach and they know what is best for the Team.
:beermug:  :beermug: :beermug:
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2017, 08:31:32 AM »
Normal mistakes for a rookie head coach at this level. Big price to pay though! Hope he learns and can make better decisions at critical times in future games.

He should have left on KJ inserted another striker with him and switching to a more offensive 3-5-2, you at home need to get at least a pt. Levi is playing at a high level should have been involved if he was ok to play. DL seems to have a passion for Army players need to think professional not with his heart.

Tallest so absent minded that he don't know Levi is our best impact player off the bench? He didn't review game tape from before?

Allyuh buying cat in bag now, tallest is paid by FIFA and is in cohorts with the dictator ... things going as planned..

Hire a former player with no experience as head coach at this level, mamaguy the people with the fact he's a son of the soil and took us to the World Cup to gain everyone's trust, then blame it on his lack of experience as to why we lost or start losing, when in truth it's him making selections that inhibit our team from winning..

Logically there was no reason why he didn't start Sheldon and sub Levi, and why he couldn't keep kenwyne in the game.. he's now a part of the sabotage with the dictator, ensuring the elite teams advance, TT is the fall guy...

Once people caught onto the dictator set up, he pretend to pull out and create a ficticious battle with skeene and tallest gets selected ... FIFA paying Tallest, I don't know any corp or employer on this earth that has no say in the people they pay.. what dream world is people living in on this board.. no conspiracy there, just facts, in steps the corrupt refs who ensure the game is biased, hence the poor officiating to ensure things go smoothly ....
Does all this conspiracy crap come from your head?
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »

contro, how yuh so sure hart isn't the real saboteur?

ah mean - who have more points, hart (0) or tallest (3)?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 08:48:14 AM by ribbit »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2017, 09:01:57 AM »

:)

Look where dis ting reach. More appeals to conscience than Amnesty International.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 30, 2017, 11:05:18 AM »

On point my ass, I love that Palos and seeker are the few that are actually thinking analytically

Tallest inexperience showed as I said, right after the match I stated this... I also stated why the hell you leave a player like Levi on the bench and tallest subs were not Intelligent moves on his part

FF and Andre can sugar coat the shit as much as they want, but it's still shit at the end of the day, it smells and rots like it..

The intelligent thing would have been to start Bateau, Boucaud and bring Levi off the bench .... with Cummings absent from the mid, we now have to run our offense through Molino and at times he's selfish Andre doesn't distribute the ball well.. as someone pointed out he is a scavenger, he will pounce on scraps, kerron creates, Levi creates, the last game against Panama we saw Levi in the box and he passed the ball..

Before Levi would look to attack the goal and dribble, I don't know who is stifling Levi but Tallest is doing his job at diminishing our chances to qualify and playing into the dictator plan, fooling people with that win against Panama then playing shit against Mexico at home..

Andre and FF think that brand of football will beat big teams lol that's a joke.. I warned men, FIFA is paying Tallest salary, remember that, Mexico and the other elite teams want an easy walk through to the World Cup..

Lol this is what you glean? More conspiracy theories Lol and calling palos and seeker name in a desperate bid for legitimacy.
Not even going and comment on the subsequent post. Lol
Let go the crazy rants and talk sense. Inexperience, tactical gambits, game management, something.

But no. You right now lol.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 30, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
To me no matter how tired Kenwyne was he posed an aerial threat and presence that Mexico had to take note of.
As soon as he was gone they put numbers behind the ball and we were stymied.

All this talk Controversial talking about Hart brand vs Mexico. If You followed this event closely you would have noted that the Mexican coach quite rightly heeded the lessons of those last two encounters and set up Mexico quite differently to what we saw in the Gold Cup and even against Costa Rica last Friday So we comparing apples and oranges. Mexico then wasn't Mexico now.

They were looking to actively cut out our counter attacking threat and nullify the option of playing direct to Kenwyne. This was not high octane mexico leaving gaps across the back. Yet still we created dangerous opportunities in the first half and restricted Mexico to early crosses from a little deeper out.

As far as the short corners went. I actually thought it was clever to say ok you brought in big men in the back we could knock it short.
But at some point we should have thrown the kitchen sink and just lump them in.

Long story short. I thought it was one of our better first halves and a very good tactical battle between coaches. Very intriguing.
I believe the second half was won by Mexico's gamesmanship and our players naivete and yes some tactical errors by our staff.
Perhaps inexperience? I could concede that.

Mexico's posture on corners is one clear indication of tactical intent. Not sure how evident it was on TV, but when we had a corner they positioned 3 to 4 attacking players across the width of the field to create potential 1 v 1 battles that could rise to their numerical superiority in our half of the field, building from 2 v 1 centrally.

Also, Osorio made 5 or 6 personnel changes from the team he fielded in the first match this round. Specific tinkering.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 30, 2017, 11:40:22 AM »

The biggest mistake the TTFF was hiring that Sankfeit (or whatever his name) failed Coach. We lost some crucial games (hence no Gold Cup 2017) , we lost momentum and defensive chemistry as a team, we regressed as a team in a different ways and now its like we starting from scratch again. 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 30, 2017, 11:44:57 AM »
I think the incompetence and meddling goes back further. But you will not hear me sanction that Saintfete debacle

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2017, 11:49:03 AM »

The biggest mistake the TTFF was hiring that Sankfeit (or whatever his name) failed Coach. We lost some crucial games (hence no Gold Cup 2017) , we lost momentum and defensive chemistry as a team, we regressed as a team in a different ways and now its like we starting from scratch again.

We are. And with de SAME players!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2017, 02:11:01 PM »

Look where dis ting reach. More appeals to conscience than Amnesty International.

is cyber rum shop talk without even de excuse of rum.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2017, 02:36:23 PM »
We played a good match and held our own against the class of the federation. Ppl acting like they expected us to blaze them. Mexico showed us a lot of respect, KJ and Joevin in particular, in a VERY close game.

I agree KJ should have stayed on, as he was occupying and pressuring defenders well. The importance of using him as an outlet was evident once he was taken off and we struggled to maintain possession. The Mexican defenders also were more comfortable coming forward after that.

I would not have minded seeing Levi, but thought Plaza and Boatswain both showed something after they came on. Plaza had a real crossing opportunity from in the box (probably our best position)... before playing it out after hesitating too long. Unless i am mistaken, i think his hustle and speed created this opportunity.

I don't like questioning the coach when we aren't present during training. Perhaps Boatswain has been ripping up in training and scoring with regularity. I'm sure he has his reasons.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2017, 02:47:36 PM »

is cyber rum shop talk without even de excuse of rum.
Cyah find ah decent rumshop in dis place, buh we have brasseries (beer gardens), it's where I hone meh skills, ent seeker    :rotfl: :beermug:

add: My subs, giving barring injury. Levi for Cato at the half, BooBoo for George and Boatman/Plaza for KJ around 75th if still 0-0. Later if we up, earlier if we down. Simply because KJ rep (warrented or not), tends to keep 2 1/2 defenders at home. jmo
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 02:59:51 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2017, 03:03:17 PM »
We played a good match and held our own against the class of the federation. Ppl acting like they expected us to blaze them. Mexico showed us a lot of respect KJ and Joevin in particular, in a VERY close game.

I agree KJ should have stayed on, as he was occupying and pressuring defenders well. The importance of using him as an outlet was evident once he was taken off and we struggled to maintain possession. The Mexican defenders also were more comfortable coming forward after that.

I would not have minded seeing Levi, but thought Plaza and Boatswain both showed something after they came on. Plaza had a real crossing opportunity from in the box (probably our best position)... before playing it out after hesitating too long. Unless i am mistaken, i think his hustle and speed created this opportunity.

I don't like questioning the coach when we aren't present during training. Perhaps Boatswain has been ripping up in training and scoring with regularity. I'm sure he has his reasons.

Interesting thing ... on Fútbol Picante a commentator expressed the view that WE accorded Mexico too much respect. No one disagreed. All of them Mexican.

Thoughts?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2017, 03:06:29 PM »

Does all this conspiracy crap come from your head?

Address the facts, was Tallest unaware of Levi and Bateau capabilities? Was he unaware that leaving jones in the game would increase our chances to win?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2017, 03:10:06 PM »
We played a good match and held our own against the class of the federation. Ppl acting like they expected us to blaze them. Mexico showed us a lot of respect KJ and Joevin in particular, in a VERY close game.

Interesting thing ... on Fútbol Picante a commentator expressed the view that WE accorded Mexico too much respect. No one disagreed. All of them Mexican.

Thoughts?

That holding water. I was real optimistic when I saw Mexico starting line up and especially the way we started.
But it all romantic to say go and have a go at the likes of Mexico but when stakes high, it is understandable to be conservative.

The win against Panama and Honduras capitulation allowed us the luxury of not having to be very cavalier.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2017, 03:13:47 PM »

LoL did you join the Dictators band of merry men?

Last time I checked Hart was undermined, by the chief saboteur the dictator and his stooges... try coaching under those conditions with some players siding with the dictator as Tim kee pointed out in his interview, then come and talk that rubbish you posted above..

Tallest is being given everything and he still have the team playing a sub par brand of football... They had choices like Suarez, Maturana and even a local like Nakhid, who would all have been better and more experienced choices .... Hart is a patriot ...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:23:08 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2017, 03:22:27 PM »

On point my ass, I love that Palos and seeker are the few that are actually thinking analytically

Tallest inexperience showed as I said, right after the match I stated this... I also stated why the hell you leave a player like Levi on the bench and tallest subs were not Intelligent moves on his part

FF and Andre can sugar coat the shit as much as they want, but it's still shit at the end of the day, it smells and rots like it..

The intelligent thing would have been to start Bateau, Boucaud and bring Levi off the bench .... with Cummings absent from the mid, we now have to run our offense through Molino and at times he's selfish Andre doesn't distribute the ball well.. as someone pointed out he is a scavenger, he will pounce on scraps, kerron creates, Levi creates, the last game against Panama we saw Levi in the box and he passed the ball..

Before Levi would look to attack the goal and dribble, I don't know who is stifling Levi but Tallest is doing his job at diminishing our chances to qualify and playing into the dictator plan, fooling people with that win against Panama then playing shit against Mexico at home..

Andre and FF think that brand of football will beat big teams lol that's a joke.. I warned men, FIFA is paying Tallest salary, remember that, Mexico and the other elite teams want an easy walk through to the World Cup..

Lol this is what you glean? More conspiracy theories Lol and calling palos and seeker name in a desperate bid for legitimacy.
Not even going and comment on the subsequent post. Lol
Let go the crazy rants and talk sense. Inexperience, tactical gambits, game management, something.

But no. You right now lol.

You getting absent minded at such an early age bro?

I addressed Palos post, I gave my perspective of what I think is transpiring. That's my opinion based on a number of factors... Whether you agree with it or not, it's up to you..

I asked a simple question, is Tallest unaware of what Levi, Bateau, Boucaud and leaving Jones in would have done? Up to now, no one has answered this question?

Tallest is towing the line, from his first interview it was a clear indicator he was on the same page as the dictator.

I also asked the question, what employer has no say in the person they are paying? If you owned your corp and paid for a coach or manager, would you not have a say in what his role is and what he does?

Simple questions, no one wants to touch, so you and others choose to deflect instead.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 04:24:41 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2017, 03:31:33 PM »
Quick question Palos.................How effective was Levi Garcia when he came on vs Panama?

What is the address of that rock you living under?

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2017, 04:28:00 PM »

Last time I checked Hart was undermined, by the chief saboteur the dictator and his stooges... try coaching under those conditions with some players siding with the dictator as Tim kee pointed out in his interview, then come and talk that rubbish you posted above..

Tallest is being given everything and he still have the team playing a sub par brand of football... They had choices like Suarez, Maturana and even a local like Nakhid, who would all have been better and more experienced choices .... Hart is a patriot ...

contro, you happier with 0 points than with 3 points.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2017, 05:02:05 PM »
Contro, I with yuh on everything you saying about the dictator and his attempt to decrease our chances of making Russia.. I also agree with you that Hart had Mexico figured out and that he is more experienced than Tallest.

But I don't find that the teams' performance vs PAN and MEX was as sub par as you make it sound. Yes the team lacked that "hungar"
that was displayed in the 2015 Mexico games. But they managed the game well.

Your point about Tallest getting more access to tools for preparing the team than Hart is true. I could only imagine what Hart could have done with the tools he's been prevented from accessing.

I do think and hope that the dictator will one day be very far away from the team, which might allow for Hart to come back or have some type of role in the coaching staff.

A Tallest and Hart partnership is probably the right formula to get to the world cup. But the reality is that Hart is gone.. And Tallest is probably the next best thing. Who else can we get that's more patriotic than the man who headed the goal that sent us to Germany? We have a TT hero that is the coach. I think that is something all of us are happy to support for now.. Providing that he delivers of course.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2017, 05:02:50 PM »

contro, you happier with 0 points than with 3 points.

Care to analyze why we had zero points after the first games? What occurances were attributed to those losses?

Hart could have gotten 3 points as well had he been supported lol what's your point? So I should accept the rubbish we are playing now because we got 3 points we were suppose to get...

Are you happy 3 points from two home games? And Tallest basically making us play like if we are some push overs?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »
Contro, I with yuh on everything you saying about the dictator and his attempt to decrease our chances of making Russia.. I also agree with you that Hart had Mexico figured out and that he is more experienced than Tallest.

But I don't find that the teams' performance vs PAN and MEX was as sub par as you make it sound. Yes the team lacked that "hungar"
that was displayed in the 2015 Mexico games. But they managed the game well.

Your point about Tallest getting more access to tools for preparing the team than Hart is true. I could only imagine what Hart could have done with the tools he's been prevented from accessing.

I do think and hope that the dictator will one day be very far away from the team, which might allow for Hart to come back or have some type of role in the coaching staff.

A Tallest and Hart partnership is probably the right formula to get to the world cup. But the reality is that Hart is gone.. And Tallest is probably the next best thing. Who else can we get that's more patriotic than the man who headed the goal that sent us to Germany? We have a TT hero that is the coach. I think that is something all of us are happy to support for now.. Providing that he delivers of course.

Brother I supported Tallest but after that display and his decisions against Mexico, I am very suspicious about his intentions...

We played on the back foot and absorbed pressure, it almost made me feel like if we are playing away from home... his subs were beyond suspicious and didn't make sense.. people may attribute that to inexperience but I don't buy that, he was under big names and knows talent and skill, he knows capabilities of certain players.. He stunted our attack and we were playing like the Trinidad of old before Hart...

No shots on goal, no creativity in the mid and a lack of expression, by attacking players like Levi.. Tallest is good as a defensive coach, not the head coach.. He's either too conservative or he's in on the sabotage, and I'm having a hard tim buying that he is conservative in his approach.

Too many question marks after that match and his coaching style also comes into question. Hart wasn't controlled, I believe Tallest is being controlled.

And I know Hart is gone but that doesn't mean you cannot compare styles of play and how each coach handled pressure and adjusted to losing situations. You go from dominating and playing on par with Mexico to playing way below them and watching the team play I had no confidence they would come back like what I saw under Hart...

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2017, 05:28:07 PM »
@ Contro.  Point taking. But remember it took Hart a few games to prepare a strategy to beat Mexico.. This is Tallest 3rd game.. Actually 2nd game with the first team.

His substitutions might have been questionable. But that's about it. I don't think he's being controlled. It would take much more than a 1-0 loss to a Mexican team, who is arguably the best team in Concacaf, to convince me that Tallest has some underlying intention. Maybe a 4 nil might convince me.. but not that close game we seen on Tuesday.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2017, 06:02:11 PM »
I agree with the subs

If we did not have to sub hyland early Garcia might have come on.

Boatswain have to come on base on the early hype he getting from training and some good effort in the panama 10 mins.

That said he did not do well so that info will be taking in account in the next game.

With 10 mins left plaza is a better option than Garcia because at that point you need an out an out striker to try to cause problem.

Cato been doing well so he deserve he pick

It is also a tough decision if to take off Molino because he have 50% of we goals in the last 2 years.

Garcia is not really a goal scorer and his biggest problem is he playing the same position as J Jones.

All that said we need to find a position to play garcia because I think he can help the team.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2017, 06:20:58 PM »

Garcia is not really a goal scorer and his biggest problem is he playing the same position as J Jones.

All that said we need to find a position to play garcia because I think he can help the team.

Allyuh mightn't remember dis but de talk in de strike squad days used to be that Latapy and Yorke couldn't be on the field together.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 30, 2017, 08:41:42 PM »
How did we get a goal down in the first place? Meaning why did Osorio insist on attacking down the right flank?

Online sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2017, 02:45:07 AM »
A.S
Let me watch that game again..So I can accurately answer all your questions
Not that my observations will change much
He is a defensive  mid ..Be is going to hold it for a couple seconds if that much ...Most times he passes to who is closest to him...He is not going to make any pass to split any defenders...His objective is to break up a movement and hand off..My point is Cyrus can do that and also add some more intangibles to the play

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2017, 05:18:51 AM »
A.S
Let me watch that game again..So I can accurately answer all your questions
Not that my observations will change much
He is a defensive  mid ..Be is going to hold it for a couple seconds if that much ...Most times he passes to who is closest to him...He is not going to make any pass to split any defenders...His objective is to break up a movement and hand off..My point is Cyrus can do that and also add some more intangibles to the play

Depends on who you consider a defender or how you define a defender. We're partially at the answer.

With the execution of those intangibles, who would accompany Cyrus in midfield? (I agree there are intangibles).

1]; } ?>