April 16, 2024, 10:38:11 AM

Author Topic: United States Soccer Thread.  (Read 5990 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Green picks USA over Germany
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
wha d fuq, bakes .....lol ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 01:34:13 PM »
If I were a theist, I would thank God for this intervention
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 02:15:34 PM »
Tiresais Calls press conference over post-editing furore

LONDON - Tiresais held a press conference today to explain his most recent intervention on the Soca Warriors forum. Musing on his so far short tenure, he had some harsh words for his critics

"What I did, I did for the good of the forum! Sometimes you just have to make a change and take the flak that comes with it"

Residents have been split down the middle on this most recent crisis to affect the Moderator. Annie said;

"Y U SO SERIOUS"

In response to growing criticism of his handling of the crisis, Tiresais claimed the heading was an eyesore;

"When you're wandering down the street, you don't want to have to explain this title to your kids. We in society need to do what's best for full-disclosure, the English Language, and the Trinibagonian community at large."

Time will tell if his polls will rebound from this.

So what other titles are you going to change? And are you also going to go around "correcting" everyone's "grammar"? People can't post in dialect any more?

I'll refer these questions to my lawyer, Sir Nazi Grammar

"Sometimes we must do what needs to be done to preserve the arbitrary and over-the-top requirements of English Grammar on the internet!"

Seriously though - no I won't, this was only because people were asking for it. You'll notice this is basically the only post I've edited for anything other than formatting. Please chill, I promise nothing said in the general forum will affect how you are treated in the Football thread.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2014, 03:24:01 PM »
Yeah, because that was a serious concern of mine.  ::)

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2014, 03:33:24 PM »
What was done was done for the greater good of humanity, when subjects and verbs fail to agree there is a threat to syntactic harmony.  Draconian as it may seem, redaction was preferred over reaction, as these pre-emptive measures will prevent the deployment of Weapons of Parse Destruction against our community.

Eh???  ???
So you are saying that revision of the grammatically offensive topic title is desirable in order to preserve the integrity of English language (British standard I assume) on this site, correct?

Of course, my reply is said in jest, counselor.

;D

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2014, 04:08:04 PM »
Yeah, because that was a serious concern of mine.  ::)

:applause:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2014, 05:43:18 PM »
So what other titles are you going to change? And are you also going to go around "correcting" everyone's "grammar"? People can't post in dialect any more?

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2014, 06:11:30 PM »

LONDON - Tiresais held a press conference today to explain his most recent intervention on the Soca Warriors forum. Musing on his so far short tenure, he had some harsh words for his critics

"What I did, I did for the good of the forum! Sometimes you just have to make a change and take the flak that comes with it"

Residents have been split down the middle on this most recent crisis to affect the Moderator. Annie said;

"Y U SO SERIOUS"

In response to growing criticism of his handling of the crisis, Tiresais claimed the heading was an eyesore;

"When you're wandering down the street, you don't want to have to explain this title to your kids. We in society need to do what's best for full-disclosure, the English Language, and the Trinibagonian community at large."

I think people losing track of they alt.   
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2014, 07:29:51 PM »

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

Yes!  >:( lol
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2014, 08:28:09 PM »
I nominate this whole thread for the davyjenny award.  :beermug:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2014, 08:48:31 PM »
Yes!  >:( lol

You doh have some shallow stream tuh go throw yuhself in?  ::)

;D

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 29, 2014, 03:30:24 AM »

"Y U SO SERIOUS"

What was done was done for the greater good of humanity, when subjects and verbs fail to agree there is a threat to syntactic harmony.  Draconian as it may seem, redaction was preferred over reaction, as these pre-emptive measures will prevent the deployment of Weapons of Parse Destruction against our community.
:cheers:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 29, 2014, 06:12:51 AM »
All yuh lost me.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2014, 07:52:43 AM »
Well, on the original topic of the thread, it looks like Green could be a great addition to American football (i.e. soccer). I do not think the German footballing administrative hierarchy will lose too much sleep over Green's choice of national team representation.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2014, 09:14:46 AM »
All yuh lost me.....

Is just kicks we on, some people just taking it a little serious.  Yuh eh miss nutten.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »
I never really paid any mind to this but what does he have to do wit the Soca Warriors? serious question  ???

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2014, 05:51:03 PM »
All yuh lost me.....

Is just kicks we on, some people just taking it a little serious.  Yuh eh miss nutten.

Oh ho I see.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: United States Soccer Thread.
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2017, 01:30:06 AM »
Warner: Why is US Soccer absolved?
ESPNFC.COM.

Former FIFA vice-president Jack Warner has told The Times that the Garcia report into corruption around the 2018 and 2022 World Cup bids is “not even worth the paper it has been written on” and questioned why U.S. Soccer was absolved after he and Sepp Blatter met President Barack Obama.

The report, produced by American lawyer Michael J. Garcia in 2014 but only released in full this week, said the England 2018 World Cup bid team was found to have “accommodated or at least attempted to satisfy the improper request”of executive committee members, including Warner, ahead of the voting in 2010.

The United States’ effort to host the 2022 World Cup, meanwhile, was found to have generally followed FIFA’s bidding rules.

Warner, who was arrested and charged as part of the FBI’s probe into money-laundering in 2015 and then banned from taking part in any football-related activity for life, told the English newspaper in an email that he continues to “sleep very soundly” following the report’s release.

He wrote in an email: “For me the report is not even worth the paper it has been written on and of course not the whopping fee paid for it either. As it relates to me personally, I continue to sleep very soundly at nights for nothing in the report implicates me personally in any sleaze.”

The investigation found that Warner had requested England 2018 to find his “adopted son” Richard Sebro, a man with no obvious football credentials, a job with Tottenham, then at Wembley, before moving to Aston Villa.

Other favours granted to Warner were the waiving of a £168,000 debt owed to the Football Association by the Jamaican Football Federation and the sponsorship of a £36,000 Caribbean Football Union gala dinner.

Undisclosed “favours and benefits” were also granted by the FA to a team Warner owned — Joe Public Football Club.

Warner told The Times that all the requests he made to the English FA were “for other persons or entities and never for my family or me.”

He also questioned the decision to absolve the U.S. bidding team, citing a visit that he and then FIFA president Blatter had made to the Oval Office in 2009.

He wrote: “I have also taken note that the American investigator has absolved the US Soccer Federation and I ask myself how come? Was this not the same USSF that facilitated a visit to the White House for Sepp and me to meet Obama? How do you characterise that?

“Was this not the same USSF that arranged for [then Confederation of African Football president Issa] Hayatou and his Ex Co members to do the same? But then again this is the US that I guess determines if you fall, live or die.”

Meanwhile, the Serious Fraud Office in the United Kingdom is analysing the Garcia report.

The decisions to award Russia the 2018 World Cup and Qatar the 2022 edition have been dogged by allegations of bribery and corruption since they were made in December 2010.

An SFO spokesperson said: “The SFO is reviewing the Garcia Report. We can make no further comment at this stage.”

Confirmation of the SFO’s interest comes 20 months after its director, David Green, told MPs of potential money-laundering offences, including a payment of 500,000 Australian dollars (£295,000) made by the Australia 2022 bid committee to former CONCACAF president Warner, which may have gone through London.

At the time, Green, who was giving evidence to the Culture, Media and Sport select committee, said the SFO “cannot touch FIFA with the Bribery Act as things stand” as it became law in July 2011 and most of the World Cup allegations took place before then.

In October 2015, the SFO had a team of five going through more than 1,600 documents provided by the FA relating to England’s failed 2018 bid.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>