April 28, 2024, 01:44:27 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (29-Apr-2017)  (Read 15596 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (29-Apr-2017)
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2017, 01:07:05 PM »
Here's what's missing from this conversation: the yield from the exercise v. Grenada is not expected to be 11 players. If it produces 1 or 2, and disqualifies 9 or 10, it would have delivered value of some merit.

Some of us may be in denial that two local-based central defenders kept two foreign-based CBs from taking the field versus PAN and MEX.

Also, regardless of the ease of Barbados, we got a result v Panama and were robbed v Mexico.

Yes, there is a shop window aspect to this, but it's still only April.

Imperfect solution to an imperfect reality.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2017, 01:18:31 PM »
Also, regardless of the ease of Barbados, we got a result v Panama and were robbed v Mexico.

Spin Spin Spin

I could spin it thusly

Panama were robbed and Mexico did what they were always going to do

Spin away

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 06, 2017, 02:46:59 PM »

Spin Spin Spin

I could spin it thusly

Panama were robbed and Mexico did what they were always going to do

Spin away

Spin or facts?

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 06, 2017, 03:16:11 PM »
Couldn't really tell you as I'm not in a position to know if it improved anyone or not. And from a team perspective there's no way to undo what you did and go back and play the same games to say one way or the other. Are you seriously insinuating though that option 1 is the better play? If you have another option, feel free to propose it. I'm all for the betterment of the team.

I'm NOT for spinnin top in mud...which is what we doing with these kinds of games

SH took a mainly local based team to play China, Peru, etc and take copious lixx.  Not that the China trip would have yielded any other results just based on travel time and lack of acclimatization

Saintfiet played Gold Cup qualifying games at home against Haiti & Suriname with a majority local based squad and ended up with zero points AT HOME 

Maybe Lawrence is a miracle worker.  Daz what we seem to be hoping for.

At this point....we're f**ked.  It doh matter who we play.  The solution is a long term solution with NO HALF MEASURES.

Properly develop players at the youth level and ensure that facilities, coaching, support resources etc are of a professional standard.

The old adage is very true in this case.....

Fail to prepare (properly).  Prepare to (properly) fail.

I seem to remember Wim taking a all local squad to the finals of the Caribbean cup. Having players that were previously considered improperly developed and a waste of time playing good ball. But maybe I wrong. I didn't see the games and going on what was reported here.

Also, where is it written that this has to be zero sum game? Yes long term development is necessary, we've been asking for that for some time. And I count myself amongst the number that have been calling for it. But Dennis is faced with the reality of the hand that he's been dealt and is trying to do something about it in the short term to deal with the situation. The long term solution has to come from the federation and I don't see that what he is doing now is interfering with that.

I said earlier I prefer to call it a training exercise. As such the purpose is not necessarily to win. It is an attempt to acquaint the players with playing in particular system. An attempt at implementing a particular program. At some point yuh have to put them in a game situation to see who is getting it and can be relied upon to implement the system at a higher level and who is not ready or not ready yet. You might call it spinning top in mud because we lost the other games. But assuming your memory is better than mine of what happened in those other games, can you honestly say that there were no local players that were able to start pushing their way onto the national team as a result of those previous exercises?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2017, 04:24:11 PM »
Here's what's missing from this conversation: the yield from the exercise v. Grenada is not expected to be 11 players. If it produces 1 or 2, and disqualifies 9 or 10, it would have delivered value of some merit.

Some of us may be in denial that two local-based central defenders kept two foreign-based CBs from taking the field versus PAN and MEX.

Yes, there is a shop window aspect to this, but it's still only April.

Imperfect solution to an imperfect reality.
Couldn't really tell you as I'm not in a position to know if it improved anyone or not. And from a team perspective there's no way to undo what you did and go back and play the same games to say one way or the other. Are you seriously insinuating though that option 1 is the better play? If you have another option, feel free to propose it. I'm all for the betterment of the team.

I'm NOT for spinnin top in mud...which is what we doing with these kinds of games

SH took a mainly local based team to play China, Peru, etc and take copious lixx.  Not that the China trip would have yielded any other results just based on travel time and lack of acclimatization

Saintfiet played Gold Cup qualifying games at home against Haiti & Suriname with a majority local based squad and ended up with zero points AT HOME 

At this point....we're f**ked.  It doh matter who we play.  The solution is a long term solution with NO HALF MEASURES.

Properly develop players at the youth level and ensure that facilities, coaching, support resources etc are of a professional standard.

I seem to remember Wim taking a all local squad to the finals of the Caribbean cup. Having players that were previously considered improperly developed and a waste of time playing good ball. But maybe I wrong. I didn't see the games and going on what was reported here.

Also, where is it written that this has to be zero sum game? Yes long term development is necessary, we've been asking for that for some time. And I count myself amongst the number that have been calling for it. But Dennis is faced with the reality of the hand that he's been dealt and is trying to do something about it in the short term to deal with the situation. The long term solution has to come from the federation and I don't see that what he is doing now is interfering with that.

I said earlier I prefer to call it a training exercise. As such the purpose is not necessarily to win. It is an attempt to acquaint the players with playing in particular system. An attempt at implementing a particular program. At some point yuh have to put them in a game situation to see who is getting it and can be relied upon to implement the system at a higher level and who is not ready or not ready yet. You might call it spinning top in mud because we lost the other games. But assuming your memory is better than mine of what happened in those other games, can you honestly say that there were no local players that were able to start pushing their way onto the national team as a result of those previous exercises?

:applause: :applause:
Palos, what would you like to see the Coach Of the senior men National team do. Or are you saying we should disband the senior team, and the coach and get some youth coaches to travel round the country for a salary (that probably won't be paid), teaching their own personal philosophy of football. I think we already have that now.
  I not sure what you getting at or suggesting doh. Put a actual suggestion on the table, so we can mull over it nah. How is National team development done in other countries in our region ? Haiti and Jamaica always giving we trouble, what they doing at their youth level that we are not. I don't think they even have as much developmental structures as we do, what they do have however, is a strong abilty to work hard, and play for country, each other and succeed. I think we are a bit spoilt, as somethings have come a bit to easy for us. Everything we want we get, by Hook (money) or by crook( :Police:) . We want to go world cup, we went..Better teams from bigger countries, never get to go..but we went..and nothing wrong with that, but even then, ppl term some of our lesser players shitongs ....and doh talk bout this bunch, who not getting we to go again.. nah, I cyah agree with that bout they no good...They can improve, everybody can, but because you can improve don't make you not good. Even in the best there is always room for improvement. We just have to teach our charges (and supporters), regardless of what, to stick with it, they will improve. F**k the WC for now. buh yes, dah's just me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH4AjDgl1Ng

add: oh yeah, frig the paragraphs too  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 04:31:41 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 06, 2017, 05:24:48 PM »
The solution is a long term solution with NO HALF MEASURES.

I not sure what you getting at or suggesting doh. Put a actual suggestion on the table, so we can mull over it nah.

My solution/suggestion is quite clear.  Can't put it any clearer.  Yuh doh have to like it

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2017, 06:48:21 PM »
The solution is a long term solution with NO HALF MEASURES.

I not sure what you getting at or suggesting doh. Put a actual suggestion on the table, so we can mull over it nah.

My solution/suggestion is quite clear.  Can't put it any clearer.  Yuh doh have to like it
but it is not clear at all. What are the full measures ,with whom, by whom ? And what to do with WC qualifying or any senior team for that matter ?  Lay it out, let us critique, analyze and fine tune it and maybe one day somebody will even try to put a well thought out idea in the works. In every nonsense somebody must find some sense .
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 06:54:56 PM by maxg »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2017, 03:25:32 AM »
Lawrence calls 24-man training squad for Grenada Friendly.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior team will return to the training field on Monday for preparations ahead of Saturday’s International Friendly with Grenada in St George’s.

The game will serve as part of the National Team’s build up programme for the two 2018 World Cup qualifiers against the United States and Costa Rica on June 8th and 13th.

“This international game will be useful in terms of it being part of the preparations for our squad ahead of the next set of World Cup qualifiers in June,” head coach Dennis Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“It’s a good opportunity for myself and the coaching staff to have a further look at the players who are on the fringe of World Cup team selection, also including those who were involved in the past two qualifying matches.

Monday’s opening training session takes place at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

The 24-man Training Squad for Grenada

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars), Jan-Michael Williams (Ma Pau Stars).

Defenders:

Keston George (Central FC), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Seon Power (Central FC), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC), Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Taryk Sampson (Ma Pau Stars).

Midfielders:

Marcus Joseph (Central FC), Kevon Goddard (W Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Jared London (Club Sando), Leston Paul (Ma Pau Stars), Hughton Hector (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Keron Cummings (Central FC), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC).

Forwards:

Akeem Roach (Club Sando), Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC), Jerrel Britto (Honduras Progreso), Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2017, 05:24:32 AM »
I really hope this is not the only game ..... Power of all pople where has he been in that past few years ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2017, 07:07:53 AM »
I really hope this is not the only game ..... Power of all pople where has he been in that past few years ???

Thailand
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2017, 08:23:37 AM »

Thailand
has he been playing regular ???
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2017, 08:24:52 AM »

Thailand

if he has improved and is solid he will be a great addition......very cultured feet for defender
I pity the fool....

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2017, 05:59:36 PM »

Thailand

if he has improved and is solid he will be a great addition......very cultured feet for defender

Haven't seen him for years. Talented but prone to the brainless with a dash of wildness ever so often.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2017, 07:33:17 PM »

Thailand

Haven't seen him for years. Talented but prone to the brainless with a dash of wildness ever so often.

ah know, dais why ah say "if" .......he do ok d last few times he played before d traveling, ah tink it was, got to him.....his game improved when he was encourage to use d ball better....can't remember who he played under after pacho, but he had a fair few solid outings
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 07:35:22 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2017, 07:49:34 PM »
I would like to hear him share his experiences in Thailand. Flex, call dong ah interview nah.

By the way, allyuh feel Powder is a spring chicken?

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2017, 12:08:33 PM »
Lawrence calls 24-man training squad for Grenada Friendly.
TTFA Media.

The Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior team will return to the training field on Monday for preparations ahead of Saturday’s International Friendly with Grenada in St George’s.

The game will serve as part of the National Team’s build up programme for the two 2018 World Cup qualifiers against the United States and Costa Rica on June 8th and 13th.

“This international game will be useful in terms of it being part of the preparations for our squad ahead of the next set of World Cup qualifiers in June,” head coach Dennis Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“It’s a good opportunity for myself and the coaching staff to have a further look at the players who are on the fringe of World Cup team selection, also including those who were involved in the past two qualifying matches.

Monday’s opening training session takes place at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva.

The 24-man Training Squad for Grenada

Goalkeepers:

Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre), Glenroy Samuel (Ma Pau Stars), Jan-Michael Williams (Ma Pau Stars).

Defenders:

Keston George (Central FC), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Seon Power (Central FC), Yohance Marshall (Murcielagos FC), Carlos Edwards (Ma Pau Stars), Taryk Sampson (Ma Pau Stars).

Midfielders:

Marcus Joseph (Central FC), Kevon Goddard (W Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Jared London (Club Sando), Leston Paul (Ma Pau Stars), Hughton Hector (W Connection), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Keron Cummings (Central FC), Jomal Williams (Murcielagos FC).

Forwards:

Akeem Roach (Club Sando), Shahdon Winchester (Murcielagos FC), Jerrel Britto (Honduras Progreso), Jamille Boatswain (Defence Force).

Good team.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2017, 01:55:49 PM »
Spoke to someone inside the TTFA, apparently Daneil Cyrus refused to resign with W Connection hence the reason he wasn't called up, he is trialing with North East Stars.

More to come on this.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
Spoke to someone inside the TTFA, apparently Daneil Cyrus refused to resign with W Connection hence the reason he wasn't called up, he is trialing with North East Stars.

More to come on this.
??? clear politics not to select him if that's indeed the case.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 02:46:00 PM by soccerman »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »
Wow!! So now they will not be able to deny there is bias against some players not with W-Connection especially if the club have issue with them. 

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2017, 11:46:43 PM »

Wim had a rejuvenated creative mid that ate most of the opponents food with bleeder playing holding mid..

In fact I spoke to bleeder several times after the games and hardest and they shared what was going on, had wim had the full team, we would have done extremely well..

Tallest don't have a creative mid, he has Cummings coming off the bench... just like he had Garcia on the bench ... two different approaches
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:51:04 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2017, 11:50:10 PM »
Wow!! So now they will not be able to deny there is bias against some players not with W-Connection especially if the club have issue with them. 

Now what Tallest saying about this? He going along with this nonsense?

If he does, it proves my theory, he's under manners by the dictator and FIFA

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2017, 12:02:18 AM »

More to come on this.

What's tallest stance on this?

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 05:09:35 AM »
The Cyrus issue is an interesting one. My assumption is that he is looking for a move abroad so he is keeping his free agency status so clubs abroad can scoop him up without a transfer fee. To be fair he has looked competent at centre back.

Now one could argue that W Connection looked after him for years, even after multiple unsuccessful attempts abroad they kept taking him back and think they feel that they should be able to cash in on a transfer fee if he does get something abroad.

All pro league players are inactive so even though he is 'unattached' it doesn't make his activity level different to any other local player. I would want to hear Dennis Lawrence on this.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 06:23:14 AM »
The Cyrus issue is an interesting one. My assumption is that he is looking for a move abroad so he is keeping his free agency status so clubs abroad can scoop him up without a transfer fee. To be fair he has looked competent at centre back.

Now one could argue that W Connection looked after him for years, even after multiple unsuccessful attempts abroad they kept taking him back and think they feel that they should be able to cash in on a transfer fee if he does get something abroad.

All pro league players are inactive so even though he is 'unattached' it doesn't make his activity level different to any other local player. I would want to hear Dennis Lawrence on this.

Was W Conn doing Cyrus a "favour"? Or, was he on loan? He was on loan.

Iz you Palos should charge with spinning, instead of unfairly ... :P ... tarnishing me with that brush.  :angel:

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2017, 06:24:38 AM »
Asked yourself how Marcus Joseph make the team all of a sudden since he signed for W Connection from Central FC recently.

Offline Insider

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2017, 07:44:36 AM »
Peter Rampersad was fired after 26 years.

Unless transportation is provided once the TTFA move its office to the Ato Boldon Stadium the women in the office Delyce, Fabrice and Hannifer will have to seek employment elsewhere.

Technically they not directly getting fire, but could be forced out unless the TTFA provide extra money or transportation.

Something has to give.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2017, 10:09:32 AM »

Iz you Palos should charge with spinning, instead of unfairly ... :P ... tarnishing me with that brush.  :angel:

take win

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2017, 11:39:58 AM »

take win

In other words, they had more than a moral obligation to take him back. Dahis de contract.

Buh like palos eh taking de bait at all. Between my comment and yours, we on firm Palos territory and he eh reach yet. :devil:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 25, 2017, 01:14:21 PM »

Buh like palos eh taking de bait at all. Between my comment and yours, we on firm Palos territory and he eh reach yet. :devil:

Yasir Shah and Shadab Khan eh want nutting wit de 2 a allyuh  :)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2017, 02:47:39 AM »

So let me understand this correctly, Cyrus on loan means he is subject to not being selected?

The dictator does favours for himself and no one else .... that's the only favour I'm clear about

1]; } ?>