April 15, 2024, 10:25:34 PM

Author Topic: Vybz Kartel gives his life to Jesus Christ  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Vybz Kartel gives his life to Jesus Christ
« on: April 08, 2017, 05:57:17 AM »
Jailed deejay Vybz Kartel has turned over his life to Jesus Christ. The world boss claims to be a changed man who will no longer write songs that promote violence, profanity, raunchy sex or anything that degrades Jamaica or society as a whole.

Yesterday, the artist who is serving a life sentence for murder sent a letter to Mutabaruka explaining why he has accepted the Christian faith. Below is the letter in it’s entirety.

https://www.18karatreggae.com/2017/04/01/vybz-kartel-gives-life-jesus-christ-baptism-coming-soon/

“Recording songs has been my getaway in prison. Since that privilege has been taken away from me, I have had some time to search my soul. I have had the chance to find what I was looking for. Out in the world, I had all the money I needed. I had a beautiful wife with beautiful children and could get just about any woman I wanted. But I always felt like something was missing from my life. There was always this emptiness that no amount of girls, jewelry, guns, so-called friends and cars could fill.

These last few weeks I have found what it is that I was looking for, I have found what was missing from my life. God has just spoken to me. I have decided to turn my life over to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I have decided to denounce violence in all its forms. I will not speak, sing, write or think violence, nor will my actions be violent. Instead I want to be Christ-like. If I get out of this hell-hole by winning my appeal, Jamaica and the world will be seeing a new Vybz Kartel. A Vybz Kartel that will not make our youths think it is good to be bad. I will no longer promote a gun culture in my music. Instead I want to do to Portmore what Sizzla has done to August Town in ridding the community of violence. In fact, I have already reached out to Sizzla to see if his August Town Movement is something we can bring to the rest of Jamaica or even the rest of the world.

I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off me. Like the woman at the well, I was searching for things that could not satisfy, but glory be to the most high God, I am now drinking from a well that can never run dry.

To all my family, friends and fans out there who are missing me and longing to see me, have no fear, if it is God’s will, it will be done and you will see me soon. But do not get too caught up in Vybz, seek and find Jesus Christ and you will have all that you need. I wish for you the peace that I have found. Please seek and find Jesus Christ. My baptism is in the work and I am just waiting on the prison’s Chaplin to provide me with a baptism date. I love you and I will see you soon. I no longer want to be called “world boss”. God is the boss of the world and I am his child. Almighty God mi seh… Adijah Palmer.”

Interestingly, Kartel ended his letter with his real name, Adijah Palmer, but he did not say whether or not he will be dropping the Vybz Kartel moniker which has been attributed with so much that is wrong with Jamaica.

Kartel was recently given the go ahead by a judge to file his appeal in his murder conviction.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Vybz Kartel gives his life to Jesus Christ
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2017, 12:42:29 PM »
Give God the glory!
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

1]; } ?>