March 28, 2024, 01:30:45 PM

Author Topic: Home of Football Thread  (Read 38451 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Home of Football Thread
« Reply #120 on: November 19, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
I posted last month that DL will not leave on his own as he wont be paid out. However, if he is fired for the poor results, he can still mount an argument to leave with something in his pocket. DL has tainted his resume with the string of poor performances. I doubt that he will be given a head coach position again by any club or national team.. unless Anguilla or a team of that elk comes calling.

My guess is that if Wallace wins the election, Hart will be back. Time is limited. So we need someone who knows the team, the culture and the processes, and can get the team prepared for the Gold cup qualifier. The learning curve will be too high for someone who does not possess that knowledge. I have a premonition that we will be facing Guatemala or Guyana for that Gold cup spot. Hart got it right and figured out Guatemala for us. I got faith that he can do it all over again.
i don’t think hart will come back. he has a good gig in canada he’s getting paid on time he has all the tools he needs to accomplish his goals, come back for what, to deal with the carenage crew and the cash strapped federation and all their misgivings? I seriously doubt it.

Amen. Think about it gop. Ah man building a team, gives an assistant coach an opportunity to grow professionally, bringing players from T&T to Canada, providing a player with an opportunity to transition into coaching, working on a project that provides a different stimulation than NT football, all ah dis in a place where he is respected and has roots ... with no daily bacchanal. What's the upside for him to make an about turn?

Wishful thinking, yes. . But not totally impossible. If the money right, and DJW and his cohorts are out, then it wouldnt hurt to ask him.

Do you have anyone else in mind asylum? Considering we on we back heels, we might as well try.

My view: I think this discussion is premature.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 19, 2019, 03:30:37 PM »
If I read correctly the lawsuit says he was paid only USD$25,000 a year, with performance pay, as NT manager. Pretty sure Halifax can beat that.

That is an incorrect reading.

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2019, 03:17:47 AM »
If I read correctly the lawsuit says he was paid only USD$25,000 a year, with performance pay, as NT manager. Pretty sure Halifax can beat that.

That is an incorrect reading.

Misread it as an annual amount rather than a monthly!
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 05:26:31 AM by Tiresais »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2019, 04:25:57 AM »
So what type of training facilities and equipment the the home of football will be having. here is video of Flamengo do Rio(my co-favorite with Manu) preparing for the Libertadores final. The final is today in Peru against River Plate, another team I really like. I want Fla to win. But River has current experience.  So when a club or TTFA have something half as decent as thid, then I known WE really serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFO3U3L37E
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 04:27:37 AM by Deeks »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2019, 04:50:34 AM »
So what type of training facilities and equipment the the home of football will be having. here is video of Flamengo do Rio(my co-favorite with Manu) preparing for the Libertadores final. The final is today in Peru against River Plate, another team I really like. I want Fla to win. But River has current experience.  So when a club or TTFA have something half as decent as thid, then I known WE really serious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpFO3U3L37E
I feel yuh should get a more pertinent indicator. Besides the fact that those ppl (non-deragtory ) put their money where they football is.. our ppl still and may always put mouth for ours. I won’t say everbody doh.

From Wiki
“ Flamengo is the most popular club in Brazil, with over 30 million supporters as of 2018.[2] As of 2017, it is also Brazil's richest football club with an annual revenue of R$648.0 million (€163.04 million)[3] and a valuation of over R$1.69 billion (€425.21 million).[4]”
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 05:02:36 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2019, 01:46:35 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 23, 2019, 10:33:47 PM »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 23, 2019, 10:49:03 PM »
How FIFA's website presents the HoF inauguration .
It have wifi yet? Given elections tomorrow.
wheres the weight room, changing rooms, saunas, therapy room, spa, swimming pool, is this only a hotel with an outdoor kitchen and a place to keep fetes? I heard people saying how impressed there were with this facility, but all i’m seeing so far is a hotel and a few patchy fields with some old looking goal post that has been standing there since the 1990s when latapy was a teenager, is this some kind of joke?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2019, 01:27:28 AM »
How FIFA's website presents the HoF inauguration .
It have wifi yet? Given elections tomorrow.
wheres the weight room, changing rooms, saunas, therapy room, spa, swimming pool, is this only a hotel with an outdoor kitchen and a place to keep fetes? I heard people saying how impressed there were with this facility, but all i’m seeing so far is a hotel and a few patchy fields with some old looking goal post that has been standing there since the 1990s when latapy was a teenager, is this some kind of joke?

Ah! Precisely, where are the performance improving fundamentals and tools that are not to be shared with visiting teams, clubs and other federations? If there is one commonality I've seen at these projects abroad is a keen sense of preserving their use for the privileged and exclusive benefit of national teams and are zealously treated as such. In August I specifically asked about "state of the art" in posting a response to the Val Ramsingh homily to DJW of a Letter to the Editor (on the DJW thread).

Just like Trump launched his re-election campaign immediately after he won office, DJW started laying the groundwork on the timeline for his re-election months ago but he hasn't built a facility that will serve performance into the future. He has built a facility targeted to convenience of training. Huge difference.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2019, 01:30:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2019, 12:35:16 PM »
What's the latest? Any inside info?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2019, 10:28:32 AM »
I posted last month that DL will not leave on his own as he wont be paid out. However, if he is fired for the poor results, he can still mount an argument to leave with something in his pocket. DL has tainted his resume with the string of poor performances. I doubt that he will be given a head coach position again by any club or national team.. unless Anguilla or a team of that elk comes calling.

My guess is that if Wallace wins the election, Hart will be back. Time is limited. So we need someone who knows the team, the culture and the processes, and can get the team prepared for the Gold cup qualifier. The learning curve will be too high for someone who does not possess that knowledge. I have a premonition that we will be facing Guatemala or Guyana for that Gold cup spot. Hart got it right and figured out Guatemala for us. I got faith that he can do it all over again.
i don’t think hart will come back. he has a good gig in canada he’s getting paid on time he has all the tools he needs to accomplish his goals, come back for what, to deal with the carenage crew and the cash strapped federation and all their misgivings? I seriously doubt it.

You have something personal with Carenage ah wha?  Daiz de beginning and end of all that ails the NT?!

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2019, 01:51:54 PM »

You have something personal with Carenage ah wha?  Daiz de beginning and end of all that ails the NT?!
yes i do, so what of it?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2019, 02:09:17 PM »
Hopefully the Home of Football doh end up ike Pan Trinbago headquarters
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2019, 02:56:24 PM »

yes i do, so what of it?
Get a life and stop totin. Carenage produce best brand ballers doh be mad.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2019, 02:26:55 AM »

yes i do, so what of it?
Get a life and stop totin. Carenage produce best brand ballers doh be mad.
i thought so........who cares

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #135 on: November 27, 2019, 12:57:57 AM »
Wallace: Home of Football not yet fit for operation.
By Gyasi Merrique (Guardian).

New­ly-elect­ed Trinidad and To­ba­go Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent William Wal­lace says his ex­ec­u­tive de­cid­ed to keep the Home of Foot­ball tem­porar­i­ly closed be­cause it is not yet fit for op­er­a­tion.

“There are two things. There is no Fire Ser­vice ap­provals and of course if it’s a place for the pub­lic you need li­a­bil­i­ty in­sur­ance, which you get when the build­ing is com­plet­ed. The build­ing is not com­plet­ed, there are still things to be done,” Wal­lace told Guardian Me­dia yes­ter­day in jus­ti­fy­ing the tem­po­rary clo­sure of the fa­cil­i­ty be­cause is not yet com­plete.

This rev­e­la­tion comes just eight days af­ter for­mer pres­i­dent David John-Williams host­ed an event to de­clare the 72-room ho­tel and oth­er aux­il­iary fa­cil­i­ties at the Bal­main, Cou­va lo­ca­tion open.

The tour of the Home of Foot­ball was at­tend­ed by Prime Min­is­ter Dr Kei­th Row­ley, FI­FA pres­i­dent Gi­an­ni In­fan­ti­no, CON­CA­CAF pres­i­dent Vic­tor Mon­tagliani, Sports and Youth Af­fairs Min­is­ter Shamafa Cud­joe and sev­er­al oth­er high pro­file guests.

“It’s a tem­po­rary clo­sure and we want to open it as soon as pos­si­ble. On Thurs­day (to­mor­row), I would do a walk through with the con­trac­tor to see what are the things out­stand­ing to be done and dis­cuss this whole is­sue of com­ple­tion and cer­ti­fi­ca­tion from fire and so on. In the mean­time, you are deal­ing with li­a­bil­i­ty and if peo­ple are there and some­thing should hap­pen then we would have ques­tions to an­swer.”

Clos­ing the Home of Foot­ball was just one of sev­er­al crit­i­cal de­ci­sions tak­en by the new TTFA ex­ec­u­tive on Mon­day, a day af­ter Wal­lace and his slate of vice-pres­i­den­tial can­di­dates, Clynt Tay­lor (1st vice pres­i­dent), Su­san Joseph-War­rick (2nd vice pres­i­dent) and Sam Phillip (3rd vice pres­i­dent), suc­cess­ful­ly oust­ed then in­cum­bent David John-Williams and his “Team Im­pactors” slate.

The ex­ec­u­tive al­so an­nounced a de­ci­sion to “stop trans­ac­tions on all TTFA bank ac­counts, in­clud­ing on­line trans­ac­tions.” But Wal­lace yes­ter­day told Guardian Me­dia Sports that there are in fact mea­sures in place to main­tain nor­mal op­er­a­tions of the as­so­ci­a­tion while an of­fi­cial change-over is be­ing com­plet­ed.

“What we are do­ing is wait­ing for our sig­na­to­ries and things to change. The pa­per­work for that has al­ready start­ed and we would make the nec­es­sary ad­just­ment in terms of staff pay­ments and so on for those things to hap­pen. We have some tem­po­rary arrange­ments in place for us to func­tion and op­er­ate,” Wal­lace clar­i­fied.

RELATED NEWS

Home of Football shut down, transactions halted.
By Narissa Fraser (Newsday).

ONE week after the opening of the Home of Football in Balmain, Couva, newly-elected TT Football Association (TTFA) president William Wallace says the facility is being shut down until further notice.

Wallace dethroned David John-Williams as president at the association’s elections on Sunday. Clynt Taylor, Susan Joseph-Warrick and Sam Phillip were voted first, second and third vice-presidents, respectively.

Speaking with Newsday on Tuesday morning, the TTFA boss said the decision was made on Monday during approximately eight hours of meetings with his vice-presidents. He said there are pending approvals and no property insurance for the million-dollar facility.

“We found out some of the approvals are not in place. For example, fire approvals. You can’t have people in a building without fire approval.”

According to the official website of the Ministry of Rural Development, applications for over ten lots of land must receive approval from the chief designs engineer of the Ministry of Works and Transport, the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA), the TT Electricity Commission (TTEC) and the chief fire officer.

While this is the main issue with the facility his administration has found thus far, Wallace said, “That was enough for us to say people can’t occupy the building. Information is still coming in on the Home and other things.”

In a press release issued by TTFA’s communications department, decisions made on Monday included the creation of an advisory committee and assigning roles to the vice-presidents. Taylor will focus on membership affairs, Joseph-Warrick will tackle women’s football and Phillip will handle security.

Other decisions included: Stopping transactions on all TTFA bank accounts (including online transactions), initiating a financial audit, issuing a public invitation to TTFA creditors to present their claim, and introducing new security measures for the protection of TTFA property.

He said his team will meet again on Wednesday for further discussions.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 01:04:31 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 02, 2019, 10:54:03 AM »

Allyuh too quiet, so quiz time.

Some have toured the HoF and others have seen images of it. Some like pullstones have commented about the paint shorn goals and there have been reports of player complaints from those who camped there.

First question: Have you seen anything inside the HoF walls that compares to these images (of another HoF project)?

Second question: Which one do you think was more expensive to build?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:01:51 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 02, 2019, 11:43:03 AM »
Ahh paya!!

Based on the colour scheme and wall outlets I would guess one of our Central American rivals.

Who knows what went on with contract bids?
Our indebted esteemed ex-presi seemed to be very irresponsible in his fiduciary duties. But what else is new?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:44:59 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2019, 12:19:56 PM »
Based on the colour scheme and wall outlets I would guess one of our Central American rivals.

El Salvador's Villa Selecta.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 02, 2019, 12:22:22 PM »

Well the cost of Villa Selecta has been quoted as being USD $2,325,000, of which 90% of the funding came from the FIFA Forward Programme. But then it only has half the number of rooms as the HoF.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 02, 2019, 02:17:16 PM »

Well the cost of Villa Selecta has been quoted as being USD $2,325,000, of which 90% of the funding came from the FIFA Forward Programme. But then it only has half the number of rooms as the HoF.

With the remaining 10% self-financed and an associated furnishing cost of roughly $165,000 (US) - also to be borne in mind is that El Salvador is a dollarized economy.

Edit: There was also a $200,000 cost re: the synthetic turf field.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:31:48 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 02, 2019, 02:38:48 PM »
A US$2.5 million (TT$16.85 million) grant was given to the TT Football Association to build TT football’s new “home.”

President of the TTFA David John-Williams, revealed the price tag of the facility yesterday in a conversation with Newsday during a tour of the “Home of Football" ...

During the tour he explained the complex was built using ICF technology, which utilises blocks of Styrofoam filled with concrete to make a cheap, easy-to-use, lightweight and durable building block. He said the blocks would insulate the facility from heat from the outside, making rooms “exceptionally cool.” The largest rooms in the hotel are about 24 feet long by 25 feet wide, Newsday was told.

The Home of Football project, he said, was the first fully funded FIFA Forward project— the organisation’s initiative to provide 360-degree, tailor-made support for football development.

https://newsday.co.tt/2018/11/08/us2-5m-for-home-of-football/

Who within the TTFA hierarchy was consulted as to the design/utility, vision, focus and emphasis of the project?

Clearly we have two different approaches exemplified here. Exclusive focus on the NTs or other considerations beyond the teams. Villa Selecta is described as a 4-star hotel specifically catered to all of El Salvador's NTs. There are 28 doubles and 8 triples.

Not sure the figure (TTFA) indicated is definitive because I've also read $2.75m regarding the HoF - which also requires additional monies to be sourced to make it a whole project as conceptualized by the preceding president.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 03:38:49 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 02, 2019, 03:43:56 PM »
The toilet appears too low for me.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2019, 12:53:29 PM »
The house that David built.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

DAVID John-Williams’ tenure as president of the TT Football Association (TTFA) came to an end on November 24, when he was defeated by 26 votes to 20, by William Wallace, in the executive elections at the Home of Football, Balmain, Couva.

It is ironic that John-Williams’ reign as head of the local governing body ended at the building which he opened, with great fanfare, on November 18 – with the Prime Minister, Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Shamfa Cudjoe, FIFA president Gianni Infantino and Concacaf president Victor Montagliani as the main dignitaries.

A day after the elections, the TTFA announced in a media release that the much-heralded 72-room Home of Football had been closed, since it was uninsured and uncertified by the Fire Service.

With the Home of Football of no use for the time being, one wonders about John-Williams’ legacy during his time as TTFA president, after he replaced Raymond Tim Kee on November 29, 2015.

Less than a year into his tenure, the 57-year-old John-Williams made it clear he was looking for higher heights as he decided to contest the post of president of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU). However, he was beaten 18-12 (with one abstention) by the incumbent Gordon Derrick of Antigua/Barbuda.

John-Williams began his time as TTFA president with three deputies (vice-presidents) – Ewing Davis, Allan Warner and Joanne Salazar.

Warner resigned in mid-2016, after perceived differences with John-Williams, and Salazar made her exit in September 2018 for “personal reasons.”

The Salazar issue was made worse when general secretary Justin Latapy-George claimed he was ordered to keep her departure a secret. Latapy-George’s contract with the TTFA was not renewed, and he made way for Camara David in March 2019.

John-Williams, the owner of local football club W Connection, was regularly criticised by board member Keith Look Loy over his style of leadership, decision-making and combative personality, and Look Loy had to resort to taking legal action to get documents pertaining to the construction of the Home of Football.

A week before the TTFA elections, the local governing body was ordered to pay ex-national men’s team coach Stephen Hart $5 million for wrongful dismissal, unpaid salaries and bonuses, by a judge in the Port of Spain High Court.

Hart was fired on November 29, 2016, after TT struggled in the initial stages of the 2018 FIFA World Cup Concacaf Zone Final Round Qualifiers.

Weeks before the ruling, John-Williams insisted in a media interview that Hart was not sacked, but there was a mutual parting of ways.

Hart, the former Canada coach, was replaced by Belgian Tom Saintfiet, who was publicly told by John-Williams that he could suffer the same fate if TT failed to advance to the 2017 Concacaf Gold Cup.

TT were unable to progress to the Gold Cup. Saintfiet left before he was pushed, and ex-national defender Dennis Lawrence came on board in January 2017. At the time of writing, Lawrence is still the TT coach, despite a record of only six victories from 36 matches.

The TTFA shifted its office from the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo to the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, but there were rumours during the past year about late payments, and even non-payment of salaries to staff.

John-Williams boasted during last month’s election campaign that he reduced the debt he inherited as TTFA boss from $30 million to $18 million, but that was countered by his replacement, Wallace who on Wednesday issued a media release which mentioned its current debts which stand at a minimum of $50 million.

John-Williams insisted that proposed T League (a merger of the Pro League and Super League), was doomed to fail since, according to him, both parties could not come to an agreement in time.

However, in November, the TTFA organised a League of Champions tournament, featuring ten teams, including a national youth team, that only played one round of matches before it was put on hold by the Wallace administration.

The public became disenchanted with events off and on the field, and their displeasure was evident at the Ato Boldon Stadium on November 10 when barely 500 fans showed up to see TT’s record 15-0 win over Anguilla – a result which described by John-Williams as “phenomenal.”

The game was originally scheduled for November 11 but was shifted due to FIFA regulations.

Ironically, there were no consultation with the Pro League nor the Super League, as there were matches, simultaneously,in the First Citizens Cup and the Terminix Super League.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Home of Football is Useless
« Reply #144 on: February 07, 2020, 11:29:54 PM »
The Home of Football is useless and teams have to use grounds in various parts of Trinidad. It is quite disheartening and disappointing to hear this. It is also disturbing to hear that players from Tobago can’t make it to practice in Trinidad because of lack of accommodations.
I felt the democratic process is allowing football to advance in Trinidad. By this I mean that we all benefit or suffer from or by whatever was done by the last President.

I hope that the Home of Football is being utilized in the smart way that it was intended by the previous President. Mr Williams did a great thing for Football in Trinidad by creating this facility so that it could help Football become fiscally and financially responsible for itself.
In the world of business and Football (Football is a business) it makes sense to make fiscal sacrifices in the short term so as to reap the benefits in the long term. How bad can the facility be when the facility was utilized and put to a test just before the election.
The Home of Football belongs to Football I don’t understand how it’s all of a sudden useless.
I am not a supporter of anybody, be it Look Jack, John Williams or whoever in charge, my main concern is Trinidad and Tobago Football.. which means I support the players, The Coaches and the programs. We should all be happy and glad that the players can stay and train on site.. this nonsense talk about no insurance.. so Look Jack is saying when a player gets injured on St Mary’s ground the Catholic Church have Insurance for the player to compensate for getting damage?

What is this nonsense? I must be an idiot.
Mr Look Jack  get to work and get  some insurance, put down some sod , and get some clean linen and put on the beds .. ask the parents to volunteer as chaperones  and use the facility that is there for the players and the Coaches.. Stop this useless stress you are bringing to the players and Coaches by making them drive away from their home to  go to Serpentine Road and wherever else to train. Who is in charge is it Look Jack or whatsoever  the new President name is .. he is useless  as far as I see.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:33:35 PM by coache »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Home of Football is Useless
« Reply #145 on: February 08, 2020, 02:42:03 PM »
You do know that the home of football hotel has a number of housing violations according to the fire services.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2020, 03:41:47 PM »
You do know that the home of football hotel has a number of housing violations according to the fire services.
Forgive Mr Coache Jack, Deeks. He might of just got back internet access.   ;D

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2020, 10:53:33 PM »
So the Home of Football has Fire violations ..hmm how many houses or buildings in Trinidad and Tobago have fire alarms ..I don't think the average person in Trinidad have any idea what a fire alarm looks like.

I just got internet back yes..and after all that  time I see no change in the stupid meter .

Please let's not  change the subject to Fire. This is about Football.

If you or whoever else want to talk about Fire take that up with Fire services.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2020, 12:31:20 AM »
A fire violation is a safety protocol issue. A fire alarm is the not the same thing as a fire violation, although the absence of an alarm could constitute a fire violation. So too the absence of properly located, accessible  and operable fire extinguishers. Or regulatory compliant emergency exits and gathering points, I guess your position would be that Pro League and SSFL matches don't need ambulances at the stadia in real time.

From your question regarding houses I  think you may be confusing smoke detectors with fire alarms. Since only football whistles - and no alarm bells - are going off in your head, despite the obvious concern and liability to which the TTFA would be exposed in the event of a problem ignited by ignoring the incendiary concerns. (Yes, more fire, puns intended.)

If the average person is as ignorant  as you suggest s/he is of what an alarm looks like, then it's a good thing we need only be concerned  that they HEAR one rather than see one.

Yeah,  we get it: time to kick into gear and use the facilities, but you should consider that no properly functioning and credible insurance provider would sign off on a property policy for a facility that doesn't meet, or hasn't met, fire compliance rules.

Run that through de chupid meter ...

... while yuh pour cold water on your "hot" idea. 

Like yuh really want to send de TTFA into de red while they trying to get into de black.

If this issue remains on the burner and we are a few months down the road without resolution,  then your burning question would be proper  heat in de place. Right now it should just smoulder not blaze.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:48:18 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2020, 01:45:57 AM »
Coache you want to pack at least 20 people, which would likely be children at times, into a building that the Fire Department can't confirm is safe? You running textile mills in Bangladesh too?

1]; } ?>