March 28, 2024, 11:10:17 AM

Author Topic: 2017 Outdoor Results for T&T Athletes  (Read 43443 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2017 Outdoor Results for T&T Athletes
« Reply #180 on: August 14, 2017, 07:27:50 AM »
T&T National Anthem, last one played at the WC  http://tinyurl.com/ybph7oed

:beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2017, 11:38:40 AM »
Excellent boys, well done and congrats. You made the country proud!

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 14, 2017, 11:49:21 AM »
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1701813559843571&id=100000448304281

Highlights.

that saddist need a medal too for the commentary.  he went from saying cedenio shouldn't be on the team to saying Yes Cedenio.  then he start to scream lalonde lalonde lalonde lalonde  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I swear he was giving birth in the last 20 metres.  ;D

yeah he gave birth to a boy, his name is Lalonde.

dat home commentary was a classic, sounds like 'de fearless one' brother
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 14, 2017, 04:45:39 PM »
jareem Richards  on that second leg  all we need now is Jonathan farina back
We need a fit Deon Lendore as well to strengthen the pool for 2019. By Tokyo, Lalonde Gordon will be past his prime and we won not because of, but in spite of Jarrin Solomon.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 04:53:09 PM by Storeboy »
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 14, 2017, 05:58:52 PM »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 14, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
From Dexter Voisin. and I agree with him 100%.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/20170814/sports/facility-needed

A facility for track and field where athletes can train and compete uninterrupted is needed. It does not have to be a stadium, but it has to be a facility where athletes can go at any time and not have to share with other sports and entertainment. That would augur well for the future.”

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 15, 2017, 07:33:57 AM »
We need a fit Deon Lendore as well to strengthen the pool for 2019. By Tokyo, Lalonde Gordon will be past his prime and we won not because of, but in spite of Jarrin Solomon.

I would not underestimate Lalonde for 2019 and 2020.  Although he will be 30/31, I would not be surprised if he is at least capable of being a solid relay contributor.  30/31 is "old" for a sprinter but he runs with bad mind which is what more of our athletes need to do.  Quow will be 31/32 as well.  I agree Lendore needs get back in form plus other youths need to step up to the next level.  The youth pool has talent such as St Clair, Kashief King, Theon Lewis, Onal Mitchell,Judah Taylor,Asa Guevera, Zidane Martin, etc.  We cant end up in the same situation as the men 4x100 where there is no one stepping up to replace Torpedo, Beldman, etc.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 08:46:19 AM by real madness »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 15, 2017, 08:30:39 AM »
Jamaica and Botswana already fire there warning shot there young guns are ready Great Britain already looking at we bad mind they saying we could take them boys down if T&T young guns cannot knock these older guys off the team the dream stops here.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 15, 2017, 08:48:49 AM »

Isn't Farinha a 100/200 runner? 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2017, 09:57:09 AM »

and he used to run the 4x4 relay
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 16, 2017, 01:52:39 PM »

ok..i think he should be focusing on helping our 4x1 relay become competitive again. we have a lot of 400 talent so hopefully a few of those guys can step up soon.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 16, 2017, 03:29:01 PM »

ok..i think he should be focusing on helping our 4x1 relay become competitive again. we have a lot of 400 talent so hopefully a few of those guys can step up soon.

So what about our women? They need help the most.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 16, 2017, 10:52:37 PM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sports/2017-08-17/injured-john-keeps-faith-red-white-and-black

Published:
Thursday, August 17, 2017

While T&T fetes our freshly minted gold medal 4x400 metre men’s World Championship relay team of Lalonde Gordon, Machel Cedenio, Jarrin Solomon and Jereem Richards, who is also the men’s 200 metre bronze medallist; we cannot ignore their constant cries for help and support which some continued to make even as the games were in progress in London, England over the last two weeks.

Jereem himself echoed the call upon returning to a VIP welcome home ceremony on Monday, pleading for sold out crowds to witness he and his fellow athletes perform, good, bad or indifferent. But on the other end of the spectrum one voice makes a different appeal, one which has regularly come from her colleagues and counterparts, but which is all too often muted.

Deborah John, the women’s 100 metre hurdler, who debuted at her first World Championships, suffered a horrific fall while going over the fifth hurdle during the heats on Day 8. She suffered several injuries including whiplash, muscular strains to her quad and hamstring on her left leg as well as a sprained shoulder and right thumb. She has since returned to her base in Auburn, Alabama, USA, where she resides.

“Right now I’m in recovery and rehabilitation and I haven’t started going for medical treatment because when I left the championship in England, I was told by another doctor, not part of the T&T medical staff, to take about 10 days off to give the muscles some time to start the healing process,” John explained in a phone interview with Guardian Media Sports.

The four-time national champion in the women’s high hurdles added: “One thing I would like to mention is that no one from the athletic association or federation has since contacted me to offer any financial assistance to aid in the recovery process. I haven’t gotten funding since 2015, so all the expenses that I incur is all on my own. I am shocked that no one has reached out to me as yet. I am still waiting to see if anyone would say if there is any kind of system in place to provide assistance for an athlete who goes out there and represents Trinidad and Tobago and gets injured in the process.”

The former Tunapuna Secondary School student’s attempt to script a World Championship fairy tale started when she received a wild card entry to the event three weeks ago. She did not attain a qualifying standard for automatic qualification but was allowed to participate late as one of the fastest athletes for the year, clocking 13.10 seconds one day before the cut off date for IAAF World Championships entrants.

“I was excited when I received the call from Trinidad so I just continued training to prepare myself as best as possible. There were some delays with obtaining my ticket to fly to London because I was called so late and that was pretty stressful. But once I got there I took my mind off of that.”

Then came the morning of her event. John stated that she had done her best to prepare and focus on the task at hand, but things went from bad to worse as her dream was about to quickly turn sour for the holder of a degree in Business Management with a minor in psychology who has moved from sprints, to the heptathlon and then to the sprint hurdles and was competing in her first global meet.

The 27-year-old former North Dakota State All-American said, while she has concerns about her health and recovery, she hopes to once again get the chance to wear national colours, which she has done since she was a teenager, representing T&T at the Carifta Games, Pan American Junior Games and the Commonwealth Games before the World Championships.

“I see it as a stepping stone. I do the hurdles so I try to use that event and relate it to my real life experiences by clearing every obstacle that comes my way. Due to the injuries that I have sustained from the fall, the only concern I do have is that, if it does not heal properly and I don’t get assistance to do proper rehabilitation, it may lead to recurring or chronic injuries which might be a setback for me come next season,” she concluded.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 17, 2017, 04:18:22 AM »
This crap has to stop he should be banned .  He had no grounds.  The man is the worst of all our runners. Why does management allow him to always get away with this crap. Is this one athlete who is the slowest have so much clout.  Naaa management  Country  over individuals.  This guy had proven over and over again it is all about him and not about our country it is time we ban him

You're entitled to your opinion. You must run in his shoes sometime. And in the shoes of other athletes as well. And be responsible for team selection and management.

On a phone typing slow. We win and you're still asking why. I'm not banning anyone! He did not burn the flag! Management has to manage. He did his best once he was on the track.

Full agreement!

Btw Solomon's complaint on his facebook page was about him not being used in the heats even though he was the freshest athlete in the squad, in order to keep our top 4 quartermilers as fresh as possible for the Final with an extra day's rest. I was involved in the facebook conversation on Solomon's facebook page.
As it was they decided to replace Quow who was the slowest in the 4x4 Heats with Solomon in the 4x4 Final and we won gold and everyone who ran between the 4x4 Heats and the 4x4 Final gets a medal so all 5 of them Solomon, Quow, Richards, Cedenio and Gordon all come home with a gold medals.

I think it worked out better for the squad seeing that 5 athletes head back home with a gold medal and not 4.

In the ideal world we could had used both Solomon and St Clair who are in the relay squad in the 4x4 Heats and then the top 4; Quow, Richards, Cedenio and Gordon in the Final and all 6 of our relay squad quartermilers could have come back home with a medal for running in either the Heats or the Final or both.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 11:30:23 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 17, 2017, 07:15:18 AM »

So what about our women? They need help the most.

never said the women didn't need help.  track and field need help in general.

we need to get a relay coach and better facilities.

Offline jusbless

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 17, 2017, 08:04:20 AM »
http://krqe.com/2017/08/15/jarrin-solomon-almost-missed-out-on-trinadad-tobago-world-championship-gold/
Choko and Socapro look your boy claiming NAAA politics nearly kept him out the finals

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 17, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
http://krqe.com/2017/08/15/jarrin-solomon-almost-missed-out-on-trinadad-tobago-world-championship-gold/
Choko and Socapro look your boy claiming NAAA politics nearly kept him out the finals

That's his view which he is entitled to, Solomon has been around our relay teams long enough to know when politics is at play or not and look how many medals he has won with our relay teams over the years.

On a related note it was really good of Renny Quow to give up his lead-off spot in the Final to Solomon knowing that if we medal he would still get a medal seeing that he was part of our squad that ran in the 4x4 Heats.
Full respect to Renny Quow for that great guesture and showing faith in his teamate Solomon, this bodes well for very good team spirit among all our 4x4 relay team members in the future.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:21:32 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2017, 07:13:20 PM »
As 2017 come to an end my opinion is a mixed one. Happy and salute the 4x400 men relay team and happy for Jareem Richards progress. BUT at the same time we are witnessing the big decline in times and competitiveness from some of our top athletes. Jehue Gordon had no impact this year (Third year straight now). Keshorn had a disappointing season and Ahye was mediocre all season.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 01:49:56 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2017, 04:52:31 AM »
As 2017 come to an end my opinion is a mixed one. Happy and sale the 4x400 men relay team and happy for Jareem Richards progress. BUT at the same time we are witnessing the big decline in times and competitiveness from some of our top athletes. Jehue Gordon had no impact this year (Third year straight now). Keshorn had a disappointing season and Ahye was mediocre all season.

And except for the 4x4 WC final, Marcel Cedenio did not perform well coming off a brilliant 4th in Rio

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:53 AM »
As 2017 come to an end my opinion is a mixed one. Happy and sale the 4x400 men relay team and happy for Jareem Richards progress. BUT at the same time we are witnessing the big decline in times and competitiveness from some of our top athletes. Jehue Gordon had no impact this year (Third year straight now). Keshorn had a disappointing season and Ahye was mediocre all season.

And except for the 4x4 WC final, Marcel Cedenio did not perform well coming off a brilliant 4th in Rio

That is correct

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 28, 2017, 08:54:13 AM »
MACHEL Cedenio had an Injury along with some personal and coaching issues this season. Things should be back on track next year.

Agree with the rest.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Online gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 28, 2017, 10:20:12 AM »
MACHEL Cedenio had an Injury along with some personal and coaching issues this season. Things should be back on track next year.

Agree with the rest.

Despite his challenges, he was able to run a boss leg for the 4x400. He'll be a threat for 2019 and 2020.

But overall very mediocre year. With a few exceptions.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 28, 2017, 04:38:37 PM »
Can Sando and others who are unaware please note that his name is Jereem Richards and not Jareem Richards.

I think Jereem has been touted as the best performing Caribbean althele at the London World  Championships.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2017, 07:10:43 PM »
Can Sando and others who are unaware please note that his name is Jereem Richards and not Jareem Richards.

I think Jereem has been touted as the best performing Caribbean althele at the London World  Championships.

I am sure Jareem not toting feelings about his name being misspelt like you. Doh worry everything will be ok  :D

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 29, 2017, 12:15:12 AM »

I am sure Jareem not toting feelings about his name being misspelt like you. Doh worry everything will be ok  :D

Who told you that I am toting feelings about anything? I simply decided to help you out.

It seems that like the immature person you are you are obviously toting feeling about being corrected.

If you were a grown-up you would have just said thank you and moved along so it is obvious that no one else is toting feeling about being corrected but yourself.

PS:
You can continue to misspell Jereem's name if you wish which only proves my point that you are toting feeling about being corrected. Maybe one day you will grow-up? But I suspect we would actually see Watson Duke swim from Tobago to Trinidad before then!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:31:02 AM by Socapro »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 29, 2017, 05:11:20 AM »

:rotfl:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: September 01, 2017, 11:15:54 AM »

Who told you that I am toting feelings about anything? I simply decided to help you out.

It seems that like the immature person you are you are obviously toting feeling about being corrected.

If you were a grown-up you would have just said thank you and moved along so it is obvious that no one else is toting feeling about being corrected but yourself.

PS:
You can continue to misspell Jereem's name if you wish which only proves my point that you are toting feeling about being corrected. Maybe one day you will grow-up? But I suspect we would actually see Watson Duke swim from Tobago to Trinidad before then!  ;)

Boss!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>