April 18, 2024, 11:00:48 AM

Author Topic: Teenaged OpenerS (TT)  (Read 10531 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Teenaged OpenerS (TT)
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2017, 04:49:09 AM »
I adding these names tuh de list:

Michael Carew
Bryan Davis
Clifford Roach
Lendl Simmons
Jeffrey Stollmeyer

What part of NOT TALLMAN you didn't understand.

Let me just finish it off, Gabriel, Phil Simmons, Balliram, Ganga, Barath, Solozano and Suruj Ragoonath.

VB

Sometimes you does take too damn long to put up de answers. LOL.

But regarding Ragoonath, he was 21 when he make he debut.

WRONG!!

He was 19. Please go here http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1988-89/WI_LOCAL/RSC/LWD_T+T_RSC_10-12FEB1989.html

That will teach you to answer ahead of time.  ;D

That match was played February 10-12, 1989 and Ragoonath was born on March 22, 1968. So he was exactly 20 years, 10 months, 20 days when he made his debut.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2017, 05:15:50 AM »
hah ha  :D :D. I only remember Richard Gabriel. We get half-day from school to see TT in Shell shield. Gabriel, Bernard Julien and Sheldon Gomes were the school boys on the team. He was ok. Did not make a big score. Bernard of course was superb at bowling. Sheldon was a disappointment. He made quite a few ducks.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 10:04:55 AM by Deeks »

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:16 AM »

Michael Carew
Bryan Davis
Clifford Roach
Lendl Simmons
Jeffrey Stollmeyer

Let me just finish it off, Gabriel, Phil Simmons, Balliram, Ganga, Barath, Solozano and Suruj Ragoonath.

VB

WRONG!!

He was 19. Please go here http://static.espncricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/1980S/1988-89/WI_LOCAL/RSC/LWD_T+T_RSC_10-12FEB1989.html

That match was played February 10-12, 1989 and Ragoonath was born on March 22, 1968. So he was exactly 20 years, 10 months, 20 days when he made his debut.
hah ha  :D :D. I only remember Richard Gabriel. We get half-day from school to see TT in Shell shield. Gabriel, Bernard Julien and Sheldon Gomes were the school boys on the team. He was ok. Did not make a big score. Bernard of course was superb at bowling. Sheldon was a disappointment. He made quite a few ducks.

I never pass Maths in school.

Deeks, I heard that Gabriel scored a half century on his FC debut but I will defer to you as you were there.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:10 PM »
VB, like you wukkin wid ah defective caps gun and Tallman using a late model refined semi-automatic. No matter if you draw first, yuh salt.  :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 08:31:14 PM »
VB, like you wukkin wid ah defective caps gun and Tallman using a late model refined semi-automatic. No matter if you draw first, yuh salt.  :rotfl:

;D ;D
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2017, 12:47:54 AM »

Michael Carew
Bryan Davis
Clifford Roach
Lendl Simmons
Jeffrey Stollmeyer

VB

WRONG!!

Deeks, I heard that Gabriel scored a half century on his FC debut but I will defer to you as you were there.

VB, I can't remember Gabriel score in that first game. He may as well made the fifty, but over all we(Trinis) at that time was expecting him to make the WI Test team. That was in the early 70s. Test cricket was the benchmark.  He eventually made the ODI in the 80s. Bernard was so mature for his age at that time. Sheldon was disappointing with the bat. Nice guy and superb fielder, such that he was selected 12th man on 2 occasions I think.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2017, 05:31:23 AM »

Michael Carew
Bryan Davis
Clifford Roach
Lendl Simmons
Jeffrey Stollmeyer

VB

WRONG!!

Gabriel scored 69 on his first class debut.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>