April 19, 2024, 05:08:27 PM

Author Topic: NGC/Sagicor NAAA Open Championships 2017: Fri.23rd ~ Sun.25th June (HCS, PoS)  (Read 12661 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Jehue had surgery last year I believe and ever since has struggled to get back to the top. It will take sometime for him to recover. Such a shame for him and Josanne Lucas.
Im not sure about Deon Lendore maybe picked up an injury perhaps?
It is a pity that the TT NAAA is not progressive enough to provide readily available videos of the races. It reflects the ineptitude of our administrative structure at every level - sport, government, you name it! What a shame!
:thumbsup:

If these Senior Open Championships were Carnival there would already be 100's of videos of every event and even of the athletes getting ready for their events posted all over YouTube and elsewhere.

The NAAA TT now have a video channel on YouTube (see link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIiX-RH_I90kg8W1L6xyiJw) but don't seem to have the foresight to get a member of staff to professionally video their events and to post the videos to their channel to help create more interest in the public attending future events so they could be in the crowd in some of the videos and be seen cheering on our athletes to PR's and world class performances.

The NAAA TT don't seem to know how to use some of the talented youngsters we have in T&T who might be interested in athletics to help them promote their track & field meets. Not everything is about spending loads of money that the NAAA TT may not have. More effectively using social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc is free outside of investing the required time to use them more effectively.

When NAAA TT start doing this as well as regularly visiting popular radio stations and TV stations in T&T to promote their Track & Field Meets then we will start seeing better attendance at their Meets and more money will start being made by our NAAA TT to invest back into the development of our athletes. Better crowds at our local track & field meets in T&T will also inspire better performances from our athletes.

What I am pointing out is not rocket science for our NAAA TT to do and could cost them very little financially outside of investing the time to do it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:03:41 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jehue had surgery last year I believe and ever since has struggled to get back to the top. It will take sometime for him to recover. Such a shame for him and Josanne Lucas.

Apparently Deon currently has a back problem sustained in training that he aggravated while he was preparing for this meet.
Doesn't look like he might even be able to make London World Champs as part of our 6 member Men's 4x400m relay team as he would need to prove that he is 100% healthy in addition to running a faster 400m time this season than the slowest of the Top 5 Men who placed in the Men's 400m final.

Event 4  Men 400 Meter Dash
==============================================================================   
          NR: # 44.01  8/14/2016   Machel Cedenio                                   
          CR: $ 44.45  6/26/2016   Machel Cedenio, SIMPLEX                         
                45.50  WC World Champs Std                                         
    Name              Year Team                    Finals        Points Alternate

Section  2 Finals                                                                   
  1 Cedenio, Machel     95 Simplex                  44.90 WC                       
  2 Gordon, Lalonde     88 Unattached               45.27 WC

3 Quow, Renny         87 Zenith                   45.71                           
  4 Solomon, Jarrin     86 Memphis Pioneers         46.09                           
  5 St Clair, Jacob     98 Abilene                  46.13                           
-----------------------------------------------------------
  6 Alfred, Darren      96 Utt Fast Track           47.09                           
  7 Sterling, Tacuma    92 Alpha Athletic Club      47.91                           
  8 Guevara, Asa        95 Abilene                  48.14                   

Apparently Jereem Richards is hoping to run in both the 200m and as part of the 4x400m relay team in London and already has the WC 400m qualification standard to prove that he is reliably up to the task when he ran 45.47 on the US collegiate circuit back in late April.
He also ran the fastest legs for T&T in the 4x4 Heats and Final when we took part in the World Relays in the Bahamas in early April this year.

On a bright note for the future the promising youngster Jacob St Clair placed in the top 5 in the 400m final at Senior Champs running what seems to be a new PB of 46.13 in the process so hopefully he is selected to the Men's 4x400m Relay team to make the trip to London as it will be a great experience in preparing him to be a future Worlds and Olympic champion.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:23:45 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
It is a pity that the TT NAAA is not progressive enough to provide readily available videos of the races. It reflects the ineptitude of our administrative structure at every level - sport, government, you name it! What a shame!
:thumbsup:

If these Senior Open Championships were Carnival there would already be 100's of videos of every event and even of the athletes getting ready for their events posted all over YouTube and elsewhere.

The NAAA TT now have a video channel on YouTube (see link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIiX-RH_I90kg8W1L6xyiJw) but don't seem to have the foresight to get a member of staff to professionally video their events and to post the videos to their channel to help create more interest in the public attending future events so they could be in the crowd in some of the videos and be seen cheering on our athletes to PR's and world class performances.

The NAAA TT don't seem to know how to use some of the talented youngsters we have in T&T who might be interested in athletics to help them promote their track & field meets. Not everything is about spending loads of money that the NAAA TT may not have. More effectively using social media sites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, etc is free outside of investing the required time to use them more effectively.

When NAAA TT start doing this as well as regularly visiting popular radio stations and TV stations in T&T to promote their Track & Field Meets then we will start seeing better attendance at their Meets and more money will start being made by our NAAA TT to invest back into the development of our athletes. Better crowds at our local track & field meets in T&T will also inspire better performances from our athletes.

What I am pointing out is not rocket science for our NAAA TT to do and could cost them very little financially outside of investing the time to do it.
You are spot on! Sign and co-sign!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Apparently Deon currently has a back problem sustained in training that he aggravated while he was preparing for this meet.
Doesn't look like he might even be able to make London World Champs as part of our 6 member Men's 4x400m relay team as he would need to prove that he is 100% healthy in addition to running a faster 400m time this season than the slowest of the Top 5 Men who placed in the Men's 400m final.

Event 4  Men 400 Meter Dash
          NR: # 44.01  8/14/2016   Machel Cedenio                                   
          CR: $ 44.45  6/26/2016   Machel Cedenio, SIMPLEX                         
                45.50  WC World Champs Std                                         
    Name              Year Team                    Finals        Points Alternate

Section  2 Finals                                                                   
  1 Cedenio, Machel     95 Simplex                  44.90 WC                       
  2 Gordon, Lalonde     88 Unattached               45.27 WC

3 Quow, Renny         87 Zenith                   45.71                           
  4 Solomon, Jarrin     86 Memphis Pioneers         46.09                           
  5 St Clair, Jacob     98 Abilene                  46.13                           
-----------------------------------------------------------
  6 Alfred, Darren      96 Utt Fast Track           47.09                           
  7 Sterling, Tacuma    92 Alpha Athletic Club      47.91                           
  8 Guevara, Asa        95 Abilene                  48.14                   

Apparently Jereem Richards is hoping to run in both the 200m and as part of the 4x400m relay team in London and already has the WC 400m qualification standard to prove that he is reliably up to the task when he ran 45.47 on the US collegiate circuit back in late April.
He also ran the fastest legs for T&T in the 4x4 Heats and Final when we took part in the World Relays in the Bahamas in early April this year.

On a bright note for the future the promising youngster Jacob St Clair placed in the top 5 in the 400m final at Senior Champs running what seems to be a new PB of 46.13 in the process so hopefully he is selected to the Men's 4x400m Relay team to make the trip to London as it will be a great experience in preparing him to be a future Worlds and Olympic champion.
Thanks for the update! Living abroad with deep interest in TT sports (Cricket, football and T&F), I can get a lot of football and news here and cricket on the ESPN Cricinfo and Cricket Windies site But T&F news is difficult to get. Maybe the NAAA should hire you to do their communications, because I get more updates from you and a couple others on this site than even the newspapers.
Thanks again, brother!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe the NAAA should hire you to do their communications, because I get more updates from you and a couple others on this site than even the newspapers.

In an ideal world.. The NAAA have difficulty coming up with the funds to pay the athletes a living stipend. So hiring a communications person means another salary to pay. In fact I can name about 3 athletes who still waiting on money owed. One of them is still owed from 2011 and 2014. .

On another note, I predicting 1-2 (maybe 3) medals for this World Championship.

Keshorn Walcott Javelin
Womens 4x100
Possibly an individual medal in the womens 100m..

Our 4x400 mens team is struggling now. If Quow get sub 45 soon and Solomon get low 45, we might have a chance. Or the other thing to hope for is Jereem Richards to replace Solomon. If that is the case, then we might have a chance. Right now we chasing USA, Jam and Botswana.

Another prediction, Jereem will be in the 200m final. If he aint bun out by August, he can probably place. It's going to be tough as Yohan Blake appears to be firing on all cylinders again. And Van Neikerk looks like he might do something very special in the 200m. Not sure if Coleman is running the 200m..

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just to give you all an idea of what the USA is bringing this year for the 400m.. NO LASHAWN MERRIT. However, that Fred Kerley kid is a freak. One thing that puzzles me is that he went from a mid 45 runner last year to a mid 43 this year.. I wonder if something is cooking. . Or perhaps it's just hard work and perseverance. 

1   Fred Kerley Texas A&M   44.03   0.174   4
2   Gil Roberts Unattached   44.22   0.182   6
3   Wil London III Baylor   44.47   0.230   1
4   Bryshon Nellum Unattached   44.50   0.173   7
5   Tony McQuay adidas   44.51   0.167   2
6   Michael Cherry LSU   44.67   0.179   5
7   Michael Norman Jr Southern California   44.80   0.192   3
8   Kyle Collins Texas Tech   45.49   0.229   8
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 10:10:13 AM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just to give you all an idea of what the USA is bringing this year for the 400m.. NO LASHAWN MERRIT. However, that Fred Kerley kid is a freak. One thing that puzzles me is that he went from a mid 45 runner last year to a mid 43 this year.. I wonder if something is cooking. . Or perhaps it's just hard work and perseverance. 

1   Fred Kerley Texas A&M   44.03   0.174   4
2   Gil Roberts Unattached   44.22   0.182   6
3   Wil London III Baylor   44.47   0.230   1
4   Bryshon Nellum Unattached   44.50   0.173   7
5   Tony McQuay adidas   44.51   0.167   2
6   Michael Cherry LSU   44.67   0.179   5
7   Michael Norman Jr Southern California   44.80   0.192   3
8   Kyle Collins Texas Tech   45.49   0.229   8

Merritt will be ever present in London... He has a diamond league bye.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Very happy with the sprinting from our girls. KAB got sandwiched by two National records, both of which belonged to her. Hopefully they can break the mold and repeat those times outside of Trinidad.

Glad to see Cedenio progressing with every race he runs. From 46.36 on May 13th to 44.90. HOPEFULLY he can get back down to PB shape in time for London, because Merritt maybe ripe for the picking.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Maybe the NAAA should hire you to do their communications, because I get more updates from you and a couple others on this site than even the newspapers.

In an ideal world.. The NAAA have difficulty coming up with the funds to pay the athletes a living stipend. So hiring a communications person means another salary to pay. In fact I can name about 3 athletes who still waiting on money owed. One of them is still owed from 2011 and 2014. .

On another note, I predicting 1-2 (maybe 3) medals for this World Championship.

Keshorn Walcott Javelin
Womens 4x100
Possibly an individual medal in the womens 100m..

On Keshorn Walcott medalling in the Javelin:
I believe Keshorn will have to throw near 90m to medal in London based upon the form of the top three German Javelin throwers who have been winning most of the international competitions this season. Keshorn is currently 10th on the Javelin Top List this season with Julius Yego of Kenya and others ahead of him (see link: https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/throws/javelin-throw/outdoor/men/senior/2017).

On our Women 4x100m Relay Team medalling:
Our 4x100m Women are not yet qualified for World Champs and need to run another Top 16 time before 24th July and hopefully that time will be much nearer to the national record of 42.03. I believe a time of 41.7x or faster might be needed to medal at World Champs in London and we will be fighting with USA, Jamaica, Great Britain and Germany to get among the medals if we qualify.

On one of our Women medalling in the 100m:
If Ahye can get into 10.7x form in time for London then she can medal but I believe both KAB and MLA should make the 100m Final if they both perform up to their best like they did at National Trials.
Ahye can also be a medal contender in the 200m if she is not too drained after the 100m rounds especially with Elaine Thompson only running in the 100m and not doubling in London.

On potential of our Men 4x100m Team:
Our 4x100m Men are capable of making the Final and pressing for a bronze medal if they can get in lots of baton practice and also run a warm up race to see if they can run a time near 38.00 flat before London.
Our men will need to run 37.xx in London if they want to get among the medals and their baton changes will need to be efficient and on point to make up for us not having any sprinters in sub-10 form on our relay team.
Jamaica and USA are still favourites in the Men 4x100m and you can also add South Africa to the mix as well.

Our 4x400 mens team is struggling now. If Quow get sub 45 soon and Solomon get low 45, we might have a chance. Or the other thing to hope for is Jereem Richards to replace Solomon. If that is the case, then we might have a chance. Right now we chasing USA, Jam and Botswana.

Another prediction, Jereem will be in the 200m final. If he aint bun out by August, he can probably place. It's going to be tough as Yohan Blake appears to be firing on all cylinders again. And Van Neikerk looks like he might do something very special in the 200m. Not sure if Coleman is running the 200m..

On Jereem Richards medalling in the 200m:
I agree that Jereem should be able to make the 200m final and can even press for a medal if the long Collegiate season hasn't affected him too much. He will possibly need to run 19.9x low or even 19.8x high to medal.
Note that Coleman is doubling and so is Wayde van Niekerk, Yohan Blake and Andre De Grasse so Jereem might just be able to get in there since he only has the 200m to worry about.

On potential of our Men 4x400m relay Team:
Regards our Men's 4x400m team we can still press for a medal if Quow and Gordon can get themselves into sub-45 form and Solomon can get himself into 45 flat form. Hopefully Cedenio gets back to PB form by London and we also have Jereem Richards to call on who ran two low 44.xx splits for us at the World Relays in the Bahamas earlier this year.

A team of our in-form quarter-milers in this order in the 4x400m Final:- 1st leg Renny Quow >> 2nd leg Jereem Richards >> 3rd leg Lalonde Gordon >> 4th leg Machel Cedenio can press for a medal but they will have to be prepared to run 2:58.xx low and possibly a new NR.

I think both Lalonde Gordon and Machel Cedenio may have to be rested in the 4x4 Heats as they would have ran rounds in the 400m with one of them possibly making it to the 400m Final.
I think if Jacob St Clair who placed 5th in the National Trials 400m Final is selected to the Men 4x4 relay team then we can give him a run in the 4x4 Heats for the experience but only if the team coach is confident that St Clair can give us a 45.xx split in the 4x4 Heats.

I would run this team in the Men 4x4 Heats if we are confident that St Clair can give us a 45.xx split:-

1st leg Renny Quow >> 2nd leg Jarrin Solomon >> 3rd Jacob St Clair  >> 4th leg Jereem Richards ;

If Machel Cedeino makes the Men 400m Final but Lalonde Gordon does not then I would run Lalonde on the 3rd leg in the 4x4 Heats if St Clair cannot guanatee us a 45.xx split on the 3rd leg.
The relay team coach should actually ask St Clair, can you guarantee this team a 45.xx split on your leg and that you can maintain or improve our race position during your leg and if St Clair answers yes then we should give him the opportunity to prove he is up to the task as he is one for the future.
All this depends on which teams we are drawn against in the 4x4 Heats as we want to win our Heat or at least place 2nd to get a decent lane in the 4x4 Final. Having a decent lane in the 4x4 Final can make all the difference between finishing in a podium position or filling one of the minor postions in the Final.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 03:29:28 AM by Socapro »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca, you really feel that the mens 4x100 team have a chance to "press" for a medal in London? Them fellas didn't even make the final at the World relays.The iaaf 100m top list says a lot about where we stand in the 4x100. There are about 7 teams better than us right now: USA, Jam, Japan, UK, Canada, South Africa, China..

I doubt that Bledman or Callendar will get near the 10 sec barrier this year. And the other fellas have pbs that are far from world class.

I just can't see this squad "pressing" for a medal. Unless Bledman, Callendar and Sorrillo run near their pbs. Which is very unlikely at the moment.

I'm not unpatriotic or anything like that, I just don't think we got the quality this time around.

Other than that, I think your other predictions are okay.

One thing I must say, Kyle Greaux got two pbs this year. Let's keep an eye on him. He might have finally found his stride.. 

One last thing, Sorrillo did not run the 200m at trials. Any info on why? I hope he is not injured.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Men 4x100 team will have to run the relay race of their lives to medal at the World Champs. US, JA, CAN, SA and even Japan have a better chance of medalling. I hope they prove me wrong

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope they prove me wrong too. I see them coming between 6th to 8th place. 5th if they lucky.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca, you really feel that the mens 4x100 team have a chance to "press" for a medal in London? Them fellas didn't even make the final at the World relays.The iaaf 100m top list says a lot about where we stand in the 4x100. There are about 7 teams better than us right now: USA, Jam, Japan, UK, Canada, South Africa, China..

I doubt that Bledman or Callendar will get near the 10 sec barrier this year. And the other fellas have pbs that are far from world class.

I just can't see this squad "pressing" for a medal. Unless Bledman, Callendar and Sorrillo run near their pbs. Which is very unlikely at the moment.

I'm not unpatriotic or anything like that, I just don't think we got the quality this time around.

Other than that, I think your other predictions are okay.

One thing I must say, Kyle Greaux got two pbs this year. Let's keep an eye on him. He might have finally found his stride.. 

One last thing, Sorrillo did not run the 200m at trials. Any info on why? I hope he is not injured.

I think Sorrillo started his 2017 outdoor season late this year and may have decided that he was not conditioned enough to do the double at National Trials.
I think he made a wise decision as he will be crucial to our 4x1 relay team making the final in London and possibly pressing for a bronze.

I am sure I made it very clear that IF and only IF our Men's 4x100m relay team get lots of relay practice in, then we can press for a "bronze" medal.
If China and Japan with no sub-10 sprinters just like us can do it then so can T&T but the crucial thing here is lots of relay practise and us executing smooth efficient baton changes on the day. A warm-up relay race or two before London is also essential where we aim to gell well and run around 38.00 flat to move up rankings. Also notice I said we can press for a "bronze" and I did not say silver or gold.
However if JA or USA messes up then who knows that bonze can turn into silver or even gold if we can keep the other top teams like Canada, South Africa, GB, Japan & China behind us. I am predicting a Men's 4x100m Relay Final with JA, USA, T&T, SA, Canada, GB, Japan & China which are 8 countries unless one of these countries mess up in the Heats which is possible. France, Germany, Netherlands, Antigua or Barbados can make the Final if any of the top 8 teams including T&T messes up in the Heats.
So yes, I honestly think we can medal if we get in lots of baton practice and use the right line up in the right order in the Heats and in the Final.

Event 6  Men 100 Meter Finals
=============================================================================       
          NR: #  9.82  6/21/2014   Richard Thompson                                               
          CR: $  9.82  2014        Richard Thommpson                                             
                10.12  WC World Champs Std                                                       
    Name              Year Team                   Semis     Finals        Points Alternate

=============================================================================       
Section  2 Finals   Wind: 1.8                                                                     
  1 Callender, Emmanue  84 Memphis Pioneers       10.11      10.10 WC                             
  2 Bledman, Keston     88 Simplex                10.28      10.15         10.143                 
  2 Sorrillo, Rondell   86 LA Brea                10.45      10.15         10.150                 
  4 Greaux, Kyle        88 Abilene                10.17      10.16                               
  5 Morain, Moriba      92 Simplex                10.26      10.19                               
  6 Telesdord, Dan-Nei  90 Abilene                10.48      10.28                               
-------------------------------------------------------------
  7 Elcock, Jerod       98 Abilene                10.53      10.39                               

Assuming that the top 6 finishers in the 100m Final from 2017 National Trials just above will be selected to our Men 4x100m Relay squad to London, here is my line up for the 4x100m Heats and Finals in London keeping in mind that our two fastest sprinters this season in the squad, Callender and Bledman will not be as fresh as the others due to running the 100m rounds and so could be rested from the 4x100m Heats in the London to keep them as fresh as possible for the Final (provided we make it to the Final).

My Men 4x100m Relay line-up for the Heats in London is:-
1st leg Moriba Morain (10.19 SB)
2nd Rondell Sorrillo (10.15 SB)
3rd leg Kyle Greaux (10.16 SB)
4th leg Dan-Neil Telesdord (10.28 SB);

I think above line up with efficient baton changes can run low 38.xx in the Heats to place 2nd or 3rd to secure us a decent lane in the Final. Our 4x1 Heat in London will most likely contain either USA or Jamaica (not both) and we will have to fight with any two of Canada, GB or SA for 2nd or 3rd place in our Heat.
I believe there will be 16 teams competing in two 4x1 Heats with the top 3 teams from each Heat and 2 fastest losers progressing to the 8 team Final.

My Men 4x100m Relay line-up for the Final in London is:-
1st leg Keston Bledman (10.08 SB)
2nd Rondell Sorrillo (10.15 SB) 
3rd leg Kyle Greaux (10.16 SB)
4th leg Emmanuel Callender (10.10 SB);

I think this line up with efficient baton changes can run sub-38 in the Final to at least compete with South Africa, Britain, Canada, Japan and China for the bronze medal. The gold and silver is going to be between USA and Jamaica again unless one or both of them mess up their baton changes. We can definitely go sub-38 and medal with efficient baton changes if any of Final 4 above lowers their 100m SB between now and London.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:42:12 AM by Socapro »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Stop with the fantasies. Relays have continued the we-dont-practice policy, despite three of the four women living IN THE SAME BLASTED STATE. Give up, like I have. You can't make a donkey who doesn't want to move (or a collection of them) move.

If we get a medal in London, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Stop with the fantasies. Relays have continued the we-dont-practice policy, despite three of the four women living IN THE SAME BLASTED STATE. Give up, like I have. You can't make a donkey who doesn't want to move (or a collection of them) move.

If we get a medal in London, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

So our 4x1 relay teams (Men and Women) are not going to compete in some International Meet in The Bahamas before London for us to get some required relay practise against proper competition as I heard rumours of in early June? This is very disappointing!! Is like we not learning from logic and our past mistakes.  :(

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad to hear that about the women. They actually have a chance to get a medal. Unlike the men. They ain't pushing for no medal. Trust meh. I will be surprised if the mens team make the 4x100 final.

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad to hear that about the women. They actually have a chance to get a medal. Unlike the men. They ain't pushing for no medal. Trust meh. I will be surprised if the mens team make the 4x100 final.
DITTO

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Will be a huge disappointment if World Champs come and go this year and we aint win one medal  :D

Allyuh one of our athletes have to surprise we yes

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Sad to hear this...

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Will be a huge disappointment if World Champs come and go this year and we aint win one medal  :D

Allyuh one of our athletes have to surprise we yes

Keshorn, MLA and KAB are the medal hopes that we have. Two of the three have graced the podium before and MLA certainly has the talent to do so herself.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:14:10 AM by Aviator »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
With Cedenio questionable, 4x400men ain't looking like a medal contender.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Just keep in mind last year Olympics we finished with one medal.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Just keep in mind last year Olympics we finished with one medal.

We all know that team TTO shouldn't be performing so poorly. The problem isn't with the athletes .. It's them people in the administration. They don't have a plan.. 10 medals by 2024 (or whatever it is) is a f00king joke. The only plan they have is wait until an athlete show promise and get behind them. No development plan, no plan to support the athletes.

When it come to sports, TT is becoming a nation of "almost" or "nearly men". Same thing in football. So I'm not surprised. We is a carnival country. Put the money in that and let we produce bacchanalist, limers, rum drinkers and jump up artist. Great for the youth. We go find we pride knowing that we have the best carnival. Steups..
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 04:03:58 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
...and please stop repeating this fallacy that races = practice for a relay team. It doesn't. A football team has practice and then it has practice matches. One doesn't substitute for the other.

I have lost my patience waiting on someone in power to understand what I am saying about relay prep.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
...and please stop repeating this fallacy that races = practice for a relay team. It doesn't. A football team has practice and then it has practice matches. One doesn't substitute for the other.

I have lost my patience waiting on someone in power to understand what I am saying about relay prep.

Point noted.

Originally I was of the impression that our Women 4x100m Relay team needed to run at least two top 16 times this season to qualify for London seeing that we messed up at the World Relays in the Bahamas in April this year and so did not earn an automatic spot.

However I just checked the Relay team qualification period at this link: https://media.aws.iaaf.org/competitioninfo/403b234e-c2f1-47f9-8d84-6b8fbd27ee3c.pdf
and realised that for the "QUALIFICATION SYSTEM AND ENTRY STANDARDS" for the 2017 London IAAF World Championships, the IAAF says this for Qualification Period:
 For the 10,000m, Marathon, Race Walks, Relays and Combined Events: from 1 January 2016 to midnight Sunday, 23 July 2017 (regardless of the time zone)

So seeing that our Women 4x100m relay team ran 42.12 in Rio last year in placing 5th in the Final behind USA, JA, GB and Germany, that 42.12 time together with the 42.94 we ran recently at T&T Senior National Trials 3 weekends ago should work out to 42.53 as an average of those two times. That 42.53 time will currently place T&T at equal 7th in the IAAF rankings with Switzerland and an equal 4th as a country. See link: https://www.iaaf.org/records/toplists/relays/4x100-metres-relay/outdoor/women/senior/2017

However one of the main reasons our 4x100m Relay Women did not medal last year in Rio even though we had the potential to medal was lack of relay practice. With that in mind why can't the NAAA TT and TTOC come together and ensure that we don't make the same mistakes as last year if we want our Women 4x1 relay team to come back home from London with a medal? All the teams which plan to medal in the Women's 4x100m Relay Final in London have to be prepared to run sub-42 with 41.5x or faster most likely guaranteeing them a medal.

Our team needs to be aiming to run sub-42 in practice and to reproduce that time under pressure in real life competition if we are serious about coming back home from London with at least 1 medal.
I view our Women's 4x100m relay as one of our best opportunities to come back home with at least one medal from London but our chances will be thrown away without the required relay camp and relay practice in advance as Ato has been clamouring and begging for.

I am sure our relay team athletes will be happy if a relay training camp can be organised from early so that we can reduce our chances of making the same errors that we made at the World Relays in the Bahmas in April and so improve our chances of medalling in London in August. In fact seeing the error that our Men's 4x400m Relay team made in Rio in the Heats all our relay teams need to be in this preparation camp from early if we seriously want to enhance our chances of medalling in London.

When are we going to start learning from our mistakes and minimise our chances of repeating the same mistakes again again? NAAA TT its time to get your act together if you are serious!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 06:52:58 PM by Socapro »

1]; } ?>