March 28, 2024, 12:26:40 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Ecuador Game (26-July-2017)  (Read 15424 times)

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Ecuador Game (26-July-2017)
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2017, 03:40:03 PM »
Haven't seen Daniel in a while so I'm not sure what is his current level is at the moment. Gifted footballer when on song though, great spacial intelligence.

As per many a talented footballer in Trinidad, his head wasn't always in the game as it should.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2017, 05:26:22 PM »

We recycle back Keon Daniel? This is rhel kicks yes  :D

Several of the local-based have been recycled. Why not a foreign-based player?
but that's selection "baseless". neither foreign not local  :D

The 'unattached' thing? Doh worry bout that. Merely a transition. Cyrus was baseless recently. Same as some others.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 11:19:07 AM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 11:25:47 AM »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 05:52:34 PM »

Is not like he get drop for performance reasons. If his head right again, he go be useful.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 06:53:07 PM »

Several of the local-based have been recycled. Why not a foreign-based player?

... if he can call up the super league leading goal scorer i am sure  he can scout for players with trini heritage ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2017, 09:43:56 AM »
I have to agree with pull stones,and ask the same question,what purpose does this friendly serve,if we are hoping to use 7 or 8 players from this squad then OK,but how many will play,maybe 2 or 3 if they lucky.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2017, 11:08:21 AM »
I have to agree with pull stones,and ask the same question,what purpose does this friendly serve,if we are hoping to use 7 or 8 players from this squad then OK,but how many will play,maybe 2 or 3 if they lucky.

The counter argument will be.......is it better therefore to do nothing?

Can't accuse Lawrence of NOT giving local based players opportunities.  Something that was a source of complaint, whether accurate or not, about Coach Hart

A head coach has certain standards

One coach may say as long as you're eligible to represent T&T, I believe you have the talent, and you work hard, you will get an opportunity to play

Another coach may insist that players wishing to represent the national team be playing first team football somewhere.  If they're not playing with their clubs, they're highly unlikely to be playing on the national team.

Coach Lawrence is still figuring out who his best combination is...which is normal.  He's had less than 10 matches in charge

Coach Hart identified his best combination and once settled, it became difficult to break into the team.

Both coaches gave opportunities.  Just different standards and dare I say...circumstances

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2017, 11:36:27 AM »

The counter argument will be.......is it better therefore to do nothing?

Can't accuse Lawrence of NOT giving local based players opportunities.  Something that was a source of complaint, whether accurate or not, about Coach Hart

A head coach has certain standards

One coach may say as long as you're eligible to represent T&T, I believe you have the talent, and you work hard, you will get an opportunity to play

Another coach may insist that players wishing to represent the national team be playing first team football somewhere.  If they're not playing with their clubs, they're highly unlikely to be playing on the national team.

Coach Lawrence is still figuring out who his best combination is...which is normal.  He's had less than 10 matches in charge

Coach Hart identified his best combination and once settled, it became difficult to break into the team.

Both coaches gave opportunities.  Just different standards and dare I say...circumstances

I agree with your assessment but wouldn't Tallest need to know what style of football he wants to play first? I still think he's trying to figure that out and hasn't pinned down how he wants our team to play tbh

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2017, 11:54:10 AM »
Me eh go bother to try to figure out why some people get selected. De coach have he own criteria. Leh him do what he hadda do. But ah must say ah surprised dat Burkie eh get call up.

CLASSIC!  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2017, 02:41:43 PM »
I am all for these games and using players who on the fringe of selection. One of the game is in a non-FiFA day. We taking it because right now we are beggars. We can't get the overseas guys, so use the locals.  I am happy for the guy from Santa Rosa. At 31 he may get a cobo sweat in one of the games. Who knows what going to happen.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2017, 02:47:35 PM »
I am all for these games and using players who on the fringe of selection. One of the game is in a non-FiFA day. We taking it because right now we are beggars. We can't get the overseas guys, so use the locals.  I am happy for the guy from Santa Rosa. At 31 he may get a cobo sweat in one of the games. Who knows what going to happen.

Vikey Vie and Ratcheefee doh wuk in modern international football breds

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2017, 01:47:58 AM »
Lawrence defends selections.
T&T Guardian Reports.

‘Its an open door for all players...’

Head coach of the Trinidad and Tobago senior men’s football team Dennis Lawrence has explained his policy of inclusiveness when it comes to player selection, by stating quite clearly: “The idea is that every player with a Trinidad and Tobago passport is eligible for selection in my view.”

That statement comes after Lawrence turned some heads with the selection his provisional 25-member squad to prepare for T&T’s July 26 international friendly date away to Ecuador. Included in his training squad are Poland-based professional Keon Daniel who was a no-show for several training camps and competitions under previous coaches Stephen Hart and Hudson Charles. As a result the Tobago-born Daniel has not played a single international for T&T since July 15 2013. Lawrence explained that he invited Daniel on the request of the player’s agent who notified him that the player who is now a free agent, was back at home in T&T on vacation. Lawrence said: “Keon has been in Poland for the last three years and he’s been playing in a number of different positions. Just like I did with Kwesi Weston when we were going to Denver when I was informed Kwesi was at home on vacation and I invited him to train to have a look, I’ve done the same thing with Keon. If Keon shows me this week that he is capable and he’s ready, he’s going to be like every other player, fighting for a place on the plane to go to Ecuador.”

Also among Lawrence’s selection is 31-year-old FC Santa Rosa forward Keron Clarke who has never played at national level but is the top scorer so far in this season’s T&T Super League, T&T’s second tier of club football. 16-year-old W Connection midfielder, Isaiah Hudson heads a list of younger but similarly inexperienced players such as Taryk Sampson and Shane Sandy. Lawrence justified those picks as well.

“We’ll talk about Isiah first. Our U20 players went to the Caribbean tournament under Brian Williams and since we didn’t qualify further, they’ve been inactive. So the idea now is to integrate the players who are under the age of 23 closer to the senior team because we can’t afford to let them go three or four years without being in the national set up. My idea is to bring them in so when the time comes to be involved, they have a better concept of what we want to do.”

The former assistant coach at Everton F.C in England added, “In terms of Keron Clarke, one thing about the boy that I know for sure is that he know’s how to finish, he’s a natural goalscorer. In most cases the top league is the league where the best players play but you do find the rare ones that play at another level that might be able to cope. I’ve got my questions in my head about physicality because the work in the Super League is different. But I thought to myself the only way I can answer these questions is this Ecuador friendly. So it’s an open door for all players.”

Like Daniel, Hudson comes into the head coach’s plans with a serious cloud over his head regarding his dedication after he allegedly abandoned his national under 20 team-mates at last October’s Caribbean Cup tournament at the request of his father who insisted that his son was injured, contrary to the argument of head coach Williams.

“Whatever has happened to Keon and whatever has happened with Isiah did not happen with me. Everybody knows my policy is that we need to respect each other, we need to maintain discipline throughout and as long as they can conform to what I am asking and to what I think is the right thing then we wouldn’t have a problem.”

Lawrence noted that it was important for the local based players to grasp the opportunity being given to them in this upcoming match against Ecuador by working hard and having belief in themselves.

He stated that he was satisfied with the way the players had responded in the team’s first session on Monday.

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence: Daniel, Hudson given chance to prove themselves.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

MIDFIELDERS Keon Daniel and Isaiah Hudson, two players who have chequered careers with various national teams, will be given the chance to prove themselves to national men’s coach Dennis Lawrence, as he expands his talent pool ahead of the forthcoming FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Honduras and Panama in September.

Lawrence was speaking at a media briefing yesterday morning at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

The national men’s team, consisting mostly local-based players are currently in training ahead of a friendly international, away to Ecuador, on July 26.

Daniel, who is currently a free agent has not earned a national call-up since November 2013, when he declined an offer from then men’s coach Stephen Hart to join the squad for a friendly international away to Jamaica.

Hudson, on the other hand, was left out of the T&T team for the CONCACAF Under-20 Championship in Jamaica after a fall-out with coach Brian Williams, during the 2016 Caribbean Cup in Curacao.

Lawrence, the ex-national defender, pointed out, “Whatever has happened to Keon and whatever has happened to Isaiah has not happened with me.

“Everybody knows my policy that we need to respect each other, we need to maintain our discipline throughout. And as long as they can conform to what I am asking and what I think is the right thing, then we wouldn’t have a problem.” Referring to the enigmatic Daniel, Lawrence noted, “(Daniel’s) agent contacted me.

We know that he was home on vacation so I invited him to be part of the training sessions so I can assess him and see how he is.” He added, “Every player that has a Trinidad and Tobago passport is available for selection in my view.

Keon has been in Poland for the last three years. He’s been playing in a number of different positions. If Keon shows me this week that he’s capable and he’s ready, he’s going to be, like every other player, fighting for a place to go on the plane to go to Ecuador.”

About the Hudson selection, Lawrence said, “Since (the Under-20 Championships), they’ve not been involved in (a) national set-up. The idea now is to try and integrate the players that are below the age of 23 closer to the senior team.

“My idea is to bring them in so they have an idea,” he continued. “So when the time comes, and it’s time to be involved with the senior team, they’ll have a better concept of what we want to do.” Another shock call up was FC Santa Rosa striker Keron Clarke, the lone non-Pro League player among the local- based bunch.

“I’ve been going to the Super League,” said Lawrence.

“One thing I know about the boy is that he knows how to finish.

He’s a natural goalscorer.

I’ve got questions in my head in terms of physicality because it’s (a different level) in the Super League. But the only way I can answer these questions is (with) the Ecuador friendly.

“It’s a position on the pitch that we need to improve on....the goalscoring aspect,” added the T&T coach. “The opportunity has come. We need to give him a try and this is the best place to do it.

And I hope that the boy does well.” Lawrence noted, “The top leagues are always the place that the best players play in. You do find the rare ones that play at a level that might be able to cope. So it’s an open door for all players.” About the make-up of the training squad, Lawrence said, “The main focus is the group that we have, mainly the Pro League players.

“We were lucky to acquire the services of (Indian-based duo) Willis Plaza (and) Carlyle Mitchell, (and Mexico- based) Jomal Williams who will join the group.

“Those are the only foreign-based players that we have,” he added.

Concerning the Ecuador match, Lawrence said, “It’s going to be a very difficult game. Ecuador is a top team in the South American (region).

But it’s going to be a great test for the boys.

They need these sort of exposure.” Trinidad and Tobago are the only team in the 2018 FIFA World Cup CONCACAF Zone Final Round Qualifiers who are not participating at the current CONCACAF Gold Cup in the United States.

“It would have been a great benefit for us if we were in the Gold Cup,” Lawrence admitted.

“I think it would have been added value to our preparations.

But the benefit that I’ve took out of it is that at least the players are actively playing in the Pro League. We’ve managed to acquire this friendly against Ecuador and we’re trying to see how we can be more prepared for the Honduras game.”

Members of the T&T men’s national football team warm up prior to their training session at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Arima, yesterday. PHOTO: NICHOLAS BHAJAN/CA-IMAGES

« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 01:51:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »
WATCH: Hughtun Hector scores a beauty on the training ground in preparation for Ecuador.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hkZR2hXOtuo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hkZR2hXOtuo</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2017, 04:50:39 AM »
Wasting time with Willis Plaza, I feel Akeem Roach woulda been better.

Marchan eh good either, Graig Ramgitsingh woulda been better.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 04:52:31 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2017, 07:36:58 AM »

Wrong player maybe u mean Greg Ranjitsingh* lol. But why do u rate Akeem Roach tho? Based on what? Legit questions not rabs

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2017, 05:35:54 AM »

Wrong player maybe u mean Greg Ranjitsingh* lol. But why do u rate Akeem Roach tho? Based on what? Legit questions not rabs

De youth is a runner, he fast, he mobile, he strong and he could take on players, see how de T&T movement vs Costa Rica made it hard for them to beat us, we need runners, Plaza lame.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2017, 11:17:09 AM »
Lace dem up Keston Bledman....or Machel Cedenio

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »
The officiating team is from Peru:
Referee: Henry Gambetta Avalos
Assistant Referee 1: Coty Carrera Escalante
Assistant Referee 2: Victor Raez Izaguirre
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2017, 05:26:08 PM »
WATCH: Keron Clarke, Marvin Philip, Nathan Lewis and Nathaniel Garcia speak with Shaun Fuentes about the upcoming friendly v. Ecuador.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QJOl6tkkYx8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QJOl6tkkYx8</a>
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:51:27 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2017, 07:20:39 PM »
Glad for them guys. All the best and Blessings. But allyuh eh noctice the athletics track is worn.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2017, 01:36:51 PM »
Lawrence picks 19-man squad for Ecuador Friendly.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago senior men head coach Dennis Lawrence on Saturday finalised a 19man squad to travel to Ecuador for Wednesday’s International Friendly in Guayaquil against Ecuador’s senior men’s team.

Following six days of training sessions with a provisional squad of 25, Lawrence and his assistant coaches came down to their final selection on the weekend

Both Keon Daniel and Rundell Winchester were ruled out due to injuries sustained this week in training while Keron Clarke will not travel to Guayaquil due to failure to obtain a passport in time to travel with the team which is scheduled to depart on Monday. Efforts were made up to late on Friday to have the passport expedited but without success.

Mexican-based player Jomal Williams will also miss Wednesday’s encounter because of a club related matter as he is currently awaiting a work permit renewal. W Connection winger Neil Benjamin Jr. has been drafted into the final squad. He trained with the bunch on Saturday and will also take part in Sunday’s final session on home soil.

“We’ve got in six sessions with the group in preparation for Wednesday’s match. The response from the boys has been good and we’ve come down to the final 19 that will travel on Monday,” Lawrence told TTFA Media.

“It was also good to have had a few of the younger ones involved in the training as it would no doubt be valuable experience for them. Unfortunately we have lost two wingers, hence we’ve brought in young Neil Benjamin into the squad. We’ll have one final session in Guayaquil on Tuesday ahead of what I expect will be a solid test for us on Wednesday,” Lawrence said.

The game will take place on Wednesday night at the Estadio Banco Del Pacifico in Guayaquil.

T&T 19-man squad

Goalkeepers

Andre Marchan (Defence Force), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic Centre).

Defenders

Carlos Edwards (Central FC), Maurice Ford (W Connection), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Carlyle Mitchell (East Bengal FC—India), Kevon Villaroel (North East Stars).

Midfielders

Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Sean De Silva (Central FC), Nathaniel Garcia (Central FC), Leston Paul (North East Stars), Hughtun Hector (W Connection), Nathan Lewis (San Juan Jabloteh), Jared London (Club Sando), Tyrone Charles (Club Sando).

Forwards

Willis Plaza (East Bengal FC—India), Neil Benjamin jr. (W Connection).

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2017, 03:18:31 PM »
Tow the line tallest feel Ecuador is a joke side?

That team is beyond weak...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2017, 04:53:14 PM »
Tow the line tallest feel Ecuador is a joke side?

That team is beyond weak...

I don't think Tallest underestimating Ecuador. The game is being played outside the Fifa window. We can't get the overseas players, you think we should not play this game? Unfortunately we not playing in the GC semis tomorrow, so this game is the next best thing. Honestly I am glad for the locals. This the time for them to show their worth. We should be playing Ven. next, as far as I am concern

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2017, 05:22:02 PM »
"Keron Clarke will not travel to Guayaquil due to failure to obtain a passport in time to travel with the team which is scheduled to depart on Monday."

Oh Please...not again...we already use this tootoo to much...best he did come to the TT High commission in TO ?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2017, 05:38:30 PM »
You mean DJW cyah use his influence to get a passport for the man. What is the minister of sport there for.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2017, 03:00:33 AM »
Keron Clarke received his passport yesterday and will travel with the team on Monday to Ecuador.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
Keron Clarke received his passport yesterday and will travel with the team on Monday to Ecuador.

Happy to hear it because the other outcome would have nade no blankety blankety blank sense.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »
I had a situation like that in 74 for trip to Canada. I got mine in less that a week. The TTFa straightened that out.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2017, 10:27:03 AM »
I had a situation like that in 74 for trip to Canada. I got mine in less that a week. The TTFa straightened that out.
You played for T&T Deeks?

1]; } ?>