March 29, 2024, 07:01:16 AM

Author Topic: 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread  (Read 27905 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
« Reply #180 on: March 01, 2022, 05:55:18 AM »
See how things come full circle? FIFA bit its lip on 2018 in the aftermath and lead-up to events in Crimea and the Donets Basin and just as it can sniff Qatar 2022, it was faced with the cold hard truth.

Qatar's day will come too.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 02, 2022, 05:35:36 PM »
Maximum respect to Poland for leading the way on Russia. :applause:

Just listened to the back story on what Poland's MNT manager Jakub Kwiatkowski and Robert Lewandowski did to pave the way to the decision of not playing Russia. Leadership!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 27, 2022, 07:37:03 PM »
Canada booked their ticket with an emphatic 4-0 victory over JA. I did not see the game, but they deserved it. They played football from the beginning of the Hex. No let up.

USA thumped Panama 5-1. One of the pks was very soft, and that knocked the wind out of Panama. Th the highlight was Pulisic hattrick and his 3rd goal. A fantastic goal. You guys will see a lot of it on youtube.

What does Italy and TT have in common? We not going to the WC  ;D

They still talking about the defeat in Couva or Corva. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 07:40:14 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 20, 2022, 02:59:51 PM »
Referee Caleb Wales gets Qatar selection by FIFA
T&T Guardian

Caleb Wales is the lone football official from T&T to be selected by FIFA ahead of the FIFA World Cup in Qatar from November 21 to December 18, this year. Wales is one of 69 assistant referees chosen.

The sports world governing body yesterday revealed the appointments of 36 referees, 69 assistant referees and 24 video match officials for the World Cup which will comprise 32 teams that will eventually be expanded to 48 for the 2026 World Cup.

According to FIFA, 36 referees, 69 assistant referees and 24 video match officials have been chosen in close cooperation with the six confederations, based on their quality and the performances delivered at FIFA tournaments as well as at other international and domestic competitions in recent years.

“As always, the criteria we have used is ‘quality first’ and the selected match officials represent the highest level of refereeing worldwide,” said the chairman of the FIFA Referees Committee, Pierluigi Collina. “The 2018 World Cup was very successful, partly because of the high standard of refereeing, and we will do our best to be even better in a few months in Qatar.”

Wales follows in the footsteps of Merere Gonzales who was chosen to officiate at the French World Cup in 1998 as an assistant referee, and Michael Ragoonath, who enjoyed a stint at the 2002 World Cup in South Korea and Japan as an assistant referee as well.

Apart from that, Douglas James, a then a teacher at Malick Comprehensive, was the first official from T&T and the Caribbean to referee at a World Cup in 1994 in the United States.

His achievement was replicated by Ramesh Ramdhan, as a referee in the World Cup in 1998 in France.

The “Road to Qatar 2022” project started already in 2019, with more than 50 trios considered possible candidates and going through intensive preparation. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, however, this preparation was anything, but easy, as in-presence activities were suspended for a long period.

“The pandemic affected our activities, in particular in 2020 and at the beginning of 2021. Luckily, the World Cup was still quite far, and we had enough time to provide the candidates with good preparation. We are announcing these selections well in advance as we want to work even harder with all those who have been appointed for the FIFA World Cup, monitoring them in the next months. The message is clear: don’t rest on your laurels, keep working hard and prepare yourselves very seriously for the World Cup,” said Collina.

Referees will get necessary support

Massimo Busacca, FIFA’s Director of Refereeing, ensures the match officials will receive all the necessary support by FIFA, as their preparation is paramount.

“Thanks to an innovative tracking and support programme, all the match officials can be supervised by FIFA referees’ instructors even more closely and intensively than in previous years. This is a very important factor, from which we expect considerable improvements and progress in view of the FIFA World Cup 2022,” explained Busacca. “In addition to that, there will be tailor-made individual programmes, in particular concerning health and fitness. Each match official will be carefully monitored in the next months with a final assessment on technical, physical and medical aspects to be made shortly before the World Cup, in order to have them in the best conditions when the ball starts rolling in Qatar.”

The selected match officials will participate in early summer in several seminars (Asunción, Madrid and Doha), reviewing and analysing video clips of real match situations, and taking part in practical training sessions with players, which will be filmed to enable participants to receive instant feedback from the instructors.

“The key focuses of the preparation remain protecting players and the image of the game, consistency, uniformity, reading the game from a technical and tactical perspective and understanding a variety of player and team mentalities,” added Busacca. “We can’t eliminate all mistakes, but we will do everything we can to reduce them.”

The VAR system was implemented for the first time ever at the 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia and four years later, a team of 24 video match officials (VMOs) will operate in Qatar, ready to provide their team-mates on the pitch with technological support, if needed. Due to the very limited number of FIFA member associations having implemented the VAR system at the time, VMOs for Russia 2018 were mainly selected from Europe and South America. Today, the VAR system is used in all major competitions worldwide and VMOs from Asia, Africa, as well as Central and North America will also participate in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022.

FIFA picks 6 women’s refs

For the first time in the history of the FIFA World Cup, the FIFA Referees Committee has also appointed three women’s referees and three women’s assistant referees.

“We are very happy that with Stéphanie Frappart from France, Salima Mukansanga from Rwanda and Yoshimi Yamashita from Japan, as well as assistant referees Neuza Back from Brazil, Karen Díaz Medina from Mexico and Kathryn Nesbitt from the USA, we have been able to call up female match officials for the first time in the history of a FIFA World Cup. This concludes a long process that began several years ago with the deployment of female referees at FIFA men’s junior and senior tournaments. In this way, we clearly emphasise that it is quality that counts for us and not gender. I would hope that in the future, the selection of elite women’s match officials for important men’s competitions will be perceived as something normal and no longer as sensational. They deserve to be at the FIFA World Cup™ because they constantly perform at a really high level, and that’s the important factor for us,” concluded the chairman of the FIFA Referees Committee Pierluigi Collina.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 02, 2022, 12:39:30 PM »
For the first time ever in a WC 4 of the 5 African teams will be coached by local Africans. Walid Regragu - Morocco, Rigobert Song - Cameroon, Otto Addo(German born Ghanian - Ghana, Jaleel Kadri - Tunisia, Aliou Cisse - Senegal.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 03, 2022, 02:37:27 PM »
For the first time ever in a WC 4 of the 5 African teams will be coached by local Africans. Walid Regragu - Morocco, Rigobert Song - Cameroon, Otto Addo(German born Ghanian - Ghana, Jaleel Kadri - Tunisia, Aliou Cisse - Senegal.

As in the case of Addo, Regragui was also born in Europe. Other than that they have strong elements of an indigenous pedigree.

Addo delivered a really impressive, frank and fluid interview with the BBC some weeks ago. Piqued my attention. Well worth the listen.

Both Regragui and Cisse are on the current CAF Pro License course, which is ludicrously dominated by Moroccan candidates. Morocco is ramping up for some happenings. Watch de ride.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 03, 2022, 05:30:31 PM »
Cool!!!!

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 06, 2022, 08:22:48 PM »
Hear nah, this November World Cup in Qatar is de most vibes less World Cup I have ever experienced.....thanks FIFA!!!  Steups!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2022, 02:33:25 PM »
Hear nah, this November World Cup in Qatar is de most vibes less World Cup I have ever experienced.....thanks FIFA!!!  Steups!!
Here it advertised way more than usually promoted for obvious reasons, but is Canada and sport. No way can their promos compete with any other football intense country. At least doh I have a bit of excitement with some acquaintances involved.

https://youtu.be/CXHfvalbhGQ

Vybes it up , ole man Tiba !  ;D
« Last Edit: November 07, 2022, 02:38:56 PM by maxg »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 10, 2022, 09:26:28 AM »
Warriors Forum real dead, dreds. Imagine WC in 10 days and not a “boo “ in the forum. I am being a devil’s advocate and I saying Argentina to win. Maybe Messi’s last hurrah. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2022, 03:37:22 PM »
Mane and Davies, Bayern go be alright, but For Senegal and Canada, not good at all.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 13, 2022, 10:50:33 AM »
Mane and Davies, Bayern go be alright, but For Senegal and Canada, not good at all.

Davies really out of the tournament for trute?? Wheeeyyy!!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 22, 2022, 04:26:09 AM »
Way back in 2010 I was involved in a spirited discussion about the use of technology in these games.
Now 12 years later, I watching man waiting to celebrate, 10 minutes of stoppage time, microscopic offsides calls and the ref watching multiple angles in slow-motion to determine if you foul a man in the box on a corner, or if you handle the ball 6 passes earlier - but only if is in the same phase of play... smh

Slippery slope indeed.
https://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=49737.msg672622#msg672622
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 22, 2022, 08:26:33 AM »
Yeah the microscopic offside hadda go. If allyuh see the 3d image for Lautaro where piece of his shoulder is past the defender toe, absolute garbage. There should be a 3 or 4 inch blurred area, anything in that zone is level.
I doh understand the optimism around this Argentina squad. Besides Messi, Lautaro and Di Maria if he play good, dem is ordinary players.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2022, 01:36:56 PM »
haven't watched a single whole game dis world cup have no vibes, and apparently the supporter villages are hellish places to be in some instances
I pity the fool....

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #195 on: November 23, 2022, 01:16:20 AM »

As in the case of Addo, Regragui was also born in Europe. Other than that they have strong elements of an indigenous pedigree.

Addo delivered a really impressive, frank and fluid interview with the BBC some weeks ago. Piqued my attention. Well worth the listen.

Both Regragui and Cisse are on the current CAF Pro License course, which is ludicrously dominated by Moroccan candidates. Morocco is ramping up for some happenings. Watch de ride.

The Royal family and government are spearheading an ambitious program for sport, film, IT , solar and mining etc...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2022, 01:18:31 AM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #196 on: November 23, 2022, 01:18:09 AM »
Warriors Forum real dead, dreds. Imagine WC in 10 days and not a “boo “ in the forum. I am being a devil’s advocate and I saying Argentina to win. Maybe Messi’s last hurrah. 

not with Messi getting 25million a year from Saudi... WC in Saudi in 2030...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 23, 2022, 11:49:43 AM »
I think the Mods should at least pin the thread as the biggest event in world football that only happens once every 4 years is going on.
Having said that, watching Costa Rica get totally outclassed right here by Spain, like they don't even belong on the same field, really brings home the point of where we start to rebuild in TnT. 
I think I now coming around to see where others was saying for a long time -- maybe our phase 1 should be the U17WC -- work hard on producing a team that could belong on the same field there.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2022, 04:26:24 PM »
3this website reflect the state of football in trinidad .. see how well canada player omg
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 24, 2022, 05:39:50 AM »
I think the Mods should at least pin the thread as the biggest event in world football that only happens once every 4 years is going on.
Having said that, watching Costa Rica get totally outclassed right here by Spain, like they don't even belong on the same field, really brings home the point of where we start to rebuild in TnT. 
I think I now coming around to see where others was saying for a long time -- maybe our phase 1 should be the U17WC -- work hard on producing a team that could belong on the same field there.

So all this time yuh didn't realize you were at the scene of a trainwreck?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 24, 2022, 05:45:35 AM »
Arguably, Cameroun is worse than Costa Rica. Their saving grace is that they are playing an opponent inferior to Spain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 24, 2022, 05:47:31 AM »

The Royal family and government are spearheading an ambitious program for sport, film, IT , solar and mining etc...

They are spearheading EVERYTHING.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 25, 2022, 12:56:30 PM »
haven't watched a single whole game dis world cup have no vibes, and apparently the supporter villages are hellish places to be in some instances
you missin out on some great games. i almost caught all of them. Canada, Japan and Ecuador playing some good ball. Spain, Brazil and France on another level. And now hopefully England shut our Yankee neighbors up for a lil while.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 25, 2022, 02:20:33 PM »
you missin out on some great games. i almost caught all of them. Canada, Japan and Ecuador playing some good ball. Spain, Brazil and France on another level. And now hopefully England shut our Yankee neighbors up for a lil while.

startin to pick up......."drip drip" as my mom would have said RIP, watched the Ghana game and actually got a boost and took in Senegal

going and look in on England USA now just came in from work
I pity the fool....

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 26, 2022, 01:13:43 AM »

startin to pick up......."drip drip" as my mom would have said RIP, watched the Ghana game and actually got a boost and took in Senegal

going and look in on England USA now just came in from work
I have never wanted a USA team to win a game as I wanted this team to win against England. I behind our region all the way. A Brit commentator on a Canadian channel say, US players average at best and no way they should be able to stop Kane (not Saka, not Sterling, not Rashford - Kane), no way they should stop Kane like they did. I could only imagine what them have to say about TT.... and oh btw " a few of US manage to get some run out in England"..oh ho, that's why they barely just 'average at best' ? Nah, I know it difficult, but I want all our regional reps to go thru, and the top of EPL stars to go HOME. Then he does play he in Canada corner, cause that's who give him wuk.  Somebody has to go home, might as well be England. This round ain't soon enuff.   :cursing:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 01:15:48 AM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 26, 2022, 05:12:14 AM »
Bias, deception, arrogance, superiority, decadence and willful ignorance all masked by the presumed knowledge imputed to the usual favored accents.

Listen to this for a lil balance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0djxdhh

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 26, 2022, 08:15:45 AM »
Bias, deception, arrogance, superiority, decadence and willful ignorance all masked by the presumed knowledge imputed to the usual favored accents.

Listen to this for a lil balance.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0djxdhh
Thanks, much better. Come on Wales. gadewch i ni fynd Cymru

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 27, 2022, 12:59:21 PM »
Canada got put in a spliff today unfortunately for d region and they seemed to be building some steam
I pity the fool....

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 27, 2022, 04:23:21 PM »
  Teams  I would love to see go down-
- All European Teams
- Argentina- most racist South American  Country
- USA

Great to see that the first 5 goals for England  in its first game- Five different black players- Yeah
 Love the defeat  that Germany- Argentina Belgium suffered
 Love the fact that the less physical teams  like Japan and South Korea bringing pace
 African nations need to step up
Ecuador- nice surprise
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 04:29:58 PM by ABTrini »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 27, 2022, 04:56:59 PM »
  Teams  I would love to see go down-
- All European Teams
- Argentina- most racist South American  Country
- USA

Great to see that the first 5 goals for England  in its first game- Five different black players- Yeah
 Love the defeat  that Germany- Argentina Belgium suffered
 Love the fact that the less physical teams  like Japan and South Korea bringing pace
 African nations need to step up
Ecuador- nice surprise

What's your yardstick? Rigorous examination may lead you to revisit support for Brazil or reconsidering exclusion of Brazil from the list.

Let me add some fuel: you mentioned Ecuador. Compare Ecuador to Brazil and ask consistently how come the most afro-populated nation on the continent has a relative paucity of black players in its ranks?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2022, 05:04:30 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>