March 28, 2024, 12:31:16 PM

Author Topic: 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread  (Read 27861 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2022 FIFA World Cup Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 16, 2022, 09:39:45 AM »
There's a school of thought which says France ceded possession intentionally ... hence the 39%.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #241 on: December 17, 2022, 01:01:47 AM »
Going forward in this tournament all the current teams in the last eight are dangerous and I don't think Brazil winning anything

Well, since you on ah roll ... drop some more weight.

Here you go. Imo, France! got what it takes to win it. Good on paper and good on the field. In attacking mode. They have depth and enormous firepower upfront and take note of their wingback in a similar role in overlapping. As for Konate, he is a beast in the back. Griezman is one of the main ingredients on this french team who can play anywhere on the field and the level of his cross balls are on point not to mention his corners. With all these things being said, illness seems to be an issue in camp with the starting defensive lineup.

Argentina playing good team ball. When attacking they have one person who is poisonous while Mac Allister brings great balance. Their defense is very well organized but is suspect to the looping cross balls.

The first 15 -20 mins should give a good sense of who is doing what! and that includes the officiating as well, hoping the ref let the teams play instead of stopping the game at every instance.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 09:07:58 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 17, 2022, 09:32:24 PM »
Good analysis Davey!!!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 18, 2022, 11:46:35 AM »
what ah fuucking final jesus christ!!!!!!!!!   :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: :duel: Are u not entertained yes.....yes I am
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 18, 2022, 02:27:58 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cYfxu7057AA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cYfxu7057AA</a>

BsAs live and direct.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 18, 2022, 06:57:58 PM »
Football spectacle, super world cup

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 19, 2022, 12:54:55 PM »
Going forward in this tournament all the current teams in the last eight are dangerous and I don't think Brazil winning anything

Here you go. Imo, France! got what it takes to win it. Good on paper and good on the field. In attacking mode. They have depth and enormous firepower upfront and take note of their wingback in a similar role in overlapping. As for Konate, he is a beast in the back. Griezman is one of the main ingredients on this french team who can play anywhere on the field and the level of his cross balls are on point not to mention his corners. With all these things being said, illness seems to be an issue in camp with the starting defensive lineup.

Argentina playing good team ball. When attacking they have one person who is poisonous while Mac Allister brings great balance. Their defense is very well organized but is suspect to the looping cross balls.

The first 15 -20 mins should give a good sense of who is doing what! and that includes the officiating as well, hoping the ref let the teams play instead of stopping the game at every instance.

So you sat on the fence.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 19, 2022, 01:03:01 PM »
Quite to my surprise there was some discussion on i95.5's morning show about the finalists, the policies of their countries and which of them Trinbagonians supported relative to perceptions of the role of race in their respective societies. Plus some talk about the Pele v Messi "best" matter.

Ah man shared that he was chased by cutlass in Buenos Aires. Seems like he should have felt at home.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 19, 2022, 03:23:01 PM »
Quite to my surprise there was some discussion on i95.5's morning show about the finalists, the policies of their countries and which of them Trinbagonians supported relative to perceptions of the role of race in their respective societies. Plus some talk about the Pele v Messi "best" matter.

Ah man shared that he was chased by cutlass in Buenos Aires. Seems like he should have felt at home.

If You feel Trinis would not support a team due to racial affiliation, you asleep. When I first became aware of WC, I used to support all the English and Euro teams and players. Because that is all we saw  on TV. I loved Charlton Best, Law, Hurst, Moore, etc. Then I saw one or two games from Brazil (Brazil national team, Flamengo, Santos. Then a couple Brazilian came to TT in the 60s. Some of the players looking like you. There is a psychological pull. The same feelings with the French African team and the Moroccan  Arab French team. I was sitting on the fence for this one. I like the French team because they played well and the always overcame their slow start to win.  I have always liked Messi. Especially when people(especially some Argentinians) who used to say he would never be good as Maradona unless he win a WC. He was a product of Spain.  FOR ME, he did not have to be Diego. He will never be like Diego. But yesterday,  he put a ball in all them mouth. Talk now nah!!!! Congrats Lionel
« Last Edit: December 19, 2022, 03:24:41 PM by Deeks »

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 19, 2022, 05:07:25 PM »

So you sat on the fence.
Nah...

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 20, 2022, 12:41:13 AM »

So you sat on the fence.
Nah...

Can't win them all. Stick with them for the Euros.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 20, 2022, 12:59:36 AM »

If You feel Trinis would not support a team due to racial affiliation, you asleep. When I first became aware of WC, I used to support all the English and Euro teams and players. Because that is all we saw  on TV. I loved Charlton Best, Law, Hurst, Moore, etc. Then I saw one or two games from Brazil (Brazil national team, Flamengo, Santos. Then a couple Brazilian came to TT in the 60s. Some of the players looking like you. There is a psychological pull. The same feelings with the French African team and the Moroccan  Arab French team. I was sitting on the fence for this one. I like the French team because they played well and the always overcame their slow start to win.  I have always liked Messi. Especially when people(especially some Argentinians) who used to say he would never be good as Maradona unless he win a WC. He was a product of Spain.  FOR ME, he did not have to be Diego. He will never be like Diego. But yesterday,  he put a ball in all them mouth. Talk now nah!!!! Congrats Lionel

Psychological pull, appreciated. Related to that, it was insightful to hear how people came to their conclusions. Ah man said Pele played against farmers. As it was not a forum for effective rebuttal, likely some of the nonsense that was blended into the discourse will seep into the appreciation of others, eventually to be spewed elsewhere.

On both sides of the Atlantic there are videos circulating with past comments made by some prominent and semi-prominent voices regarding Messi. Some seem to be in good fun or edited and devoid of context.

There are several components about this WC that made it a good fit for LM, not the least of which is Scaloni's humility and his assembly of complementary staff.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 20, 2022, 01:11:55 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A8h4dwvrJNo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A8h4dwvrJNo</a>

Arrival at Ezeiza.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/r4lm83y0M6U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/r4lm83y0M6U</a>

The LIVE vibe in Argentina at 3:00 am T&T time (Argentina is one hour ahead).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2022, 01:27:55 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline ABTrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 20, 2022, 11:29:20 AM »
congrats to that team- Messi is ah beast. Still not  a country that speaks to me. I will weigh in and say Pele is still and remains paramount of all times.

Messi one of privilege did not travel the same journey although a  player of immense skill in my humble opinion Pele will always be the 'BOSS'  of all GOATS

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 20, 2022, 01:13:44 PM »
What privilege did Messi have? Are you suggesting Messi was born with a golden spoon in his mouth?

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 20, 2022, 01:21:05 PM »
Morocco returned to a decent welcome.

In Buenos Aires the decision was taken that the team bus could not make it to its destination at the Obelisk without deteriorating the security situation. Instead, Messi and Di Maria and some others boarded a couple helicopters and did a double fly-by. It was like an earthquake when that happened.

The presidential helicopter has just landed at the federation grounds.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 20, 2022, 11:42:49 PM »

So you sat on the fence.
Nah...

Fyi, I was saying it as I saw it in the reality of things. Not a French fan.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2022, 12:32:19 AM »

So you sat on the fence.
Nah...

I got you from jump.

The Euros comment was a separate thought ... of the two, FRA being the only one eligible for that tournament, they would be presumptive favorites.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2022, 12:34:28 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2022, 12:40:52 AM »
Any opinions from anyone on Louis van Gaal? Based on the tournament, the word 'unconvinced' comes to mind.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2022, 12:51:16 AM »

So you sat on the fence.
Nah...

I got you from jump.

The Euros comment was a separate thought ... of the two, FRA being the only one eligible for that tournament, they would be presumptive favorites.
Exactly, plus they got depth and lots of young talent coming through their program.

1]; } ?>