March 28, 2024, 05:14:12 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59455 times)

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #90 on: October 17, 2018, 02:30:40 PM »
If I was DJW I would fire Dennis Lawrence by the end of the year it makes no sense going on with this guy at the helm.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 17, 2018, 03:16:15 PM »
If I was DJW I would fire Dennis Lawrence by the end of the year it makes no sense going on with this guy at the helm.
i am curious to know what lead you to make this statement and who would you suggest as a better replacement?

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2018, 04:05:57 PM »
If I was DJW I would fire myself.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2018, 04:46:08 PM »
i am curious to know what lead you to make this statement and who would you suggest as a better replacement?
After watching this guy for a year and a half its clear that Dennis Lawrence does not know how to take this team forward its just a waste of time and I don't know how much TT can afford to pay a coach.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2018, 10:44:53 PM »
After watching this guy for a year and a half its clear that Dennis Lawrence does not know how to take this team forward its just a waste of time and I don't know how much TT can afford to pay a coach.

Put yourself as the TT coach in this present situation. Do you think you can do any better? Imaging you presenting short term and long term strategies for TT national team. Just think about that.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2018, 05:03:51 AM »
Having provoked the discussion, I should comment.

I don't think Dennis Lawrence should be fired and even if I did,  the political reality within the federation seems to suggest that the only way he leaves the job is if he walks away from it. Fair enough, that's merited. Although,  if he had walked away after WC qualifying, many would have bawled "foul!"

He may leave the job without us ever getting to the product he wants to be delivered on the field (see Tallman's comments), being delivered. Nonetheless, it still has to be acknowledged that what we are witnessing under his tenure is on-the-job training and learning, despite his experiences abroad.

Nothing is wrong with learning on-the-job. Things would be worse if he wasn't. The critical issue, however, is what is the beneficial yield for national team quality players that would define DL's legacy. What would be the nugget we could look back to this period and view as defining as a takeaway? In his remaining time as boss,  I'm hoping to see that answer emerge. It has to if we're not merely "marking time".
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 05:11:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2018, 07:07:30 AM »

DL came to T&T team probably about 5 years to early. He should have stayed in England and developed himself as a coach. His coaching resume is too young too short for this job

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 19, 2018, 09:02:17 AM »

I don't think Dennis Lawrence should be fired and even if I did,  the political reality within the federation seems to suggest that the only way he leaves the job is if he walks away from it. Fair enough, that's merited. Although,  if he had walked away after WC qualifying, many would have bawled "foul!"

He may leave the job without us ever getting to the product he wants to be delivered on the field (see Tallman's comments), being delivered. Nonetheless, it still has to be acknowledged that what we are witnessing under his tenure is on-the-job training and learning, despite his experiences abroad.

Nothing is wrong with learning on-the-job. Things would be worse if he wasn't. The critical issue, however, is what is the beneficial yield for national team quality players that would define DL's legacy. What would be the nugget we could look back to this period and view as defining as a takeaway? In his remaining time as boss,  I'm hoping to see that answer emerge. It has to if we're not merely "marking time".

I generally concur, I think with Dennis also is that while he generally has a tactical plan for how he wants to play, we have core deficiencies. The personnel that we have available will struggle as we are not technically good separate and a part from 2 or 3 players our pool is really poor at the moment and from the moment we are missing a few first team players, we go from looking decent to really poor. No Guerra, Jones and Molino still injured and without those 3 playing together which will probably not happen till middle of next year we will not play our best football.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 16, 2018, 01:37:04 AM »
D Lawrence does not know how to rebuild this team they better get rid of him now before its to late.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 16, 2018, 06:01:18 AM »
Oh Dear-What can the matter be?
 Looking for a white Foreigner/ We need a good striker and more pace in the counter especially from the midfield.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2018, 09:21:42 AM »
Oh Dear-What can the matter be?
 Looking for a white Foreigner/ We need a good striker and more pace in the counter especially from the midfield.
I have been hearing that ole talk for years and it have not worked up to now that backward football would not work against the better teams in the region DL better give it up now.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2018, 11:36:11 AM »
Quick Question:

Has any Trinidadian coached or been involved in coaching at a level similar or even close to what Dennis Lawrence was exposed to at Wigan, Everton and Belgium?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2018, 11:52:10 AM »
Quick Question:

Has any Trinidadian coached or been involved in coaching at a level similar or even close to what Dennis Lawrence was exposed to at Wigan, Everton and Belgium?
Quick Answer:

No
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2018, 11:53:53 AM »

DL came to T&T team probably about 5 years to early. He should have stayed in England and developed himself as a coach. His coaching resume is too young too short for this job
Agreed. He would have been better served, personally and to us, if he had stayed with Belgium, gone to a world cup and got that experience.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »

Put yourself as the TT coach in this present situation. Do you think you can do any better? Imaging you presenting short term and long term strategies for TT national team. Just think about that.

From the time the world cup qualifiers were done, I would have gone with a team to qualify for the Olympics 2020. Leave Levi Garcia and Joevin Jones to establish themselves professionally. Keep Bateau to help with the younger defenders coming through and maybe Hyland for his experience, and Molino when the next world cup campaign come around.

We really have nobody so great that younger players can't supplant them in preparation for the future.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2018, 01:18:28 PM »

From the time the world cup qualifiers were done, I would have gone with a team to qualify for the Olympics 2020. Leave Levi Garcia and Joevin Jones to establish themselves professionally. Keep Bateau to help with the younger defenders coming through and maybe Hyland for his experience, and Molino when the next world cup campaign come around.

We really have nobody so great that younger players can't supplant them in preparation for the future.
I agree with you 100% but it seems as if DL has not gotten the message so it is better we get rid of this guy while we ahead of the game.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2018, 01:27:59 PM »
Quick Question:

Its 1 thing to be learning to coach in a environment like that and another thing to actually coach in a environment like that 2 different things.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2018, 04:20:51 PM »

In short..

DL is learning at our expense..

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2018, 04:25:11 PM »
Quick Question:

Canadian national football is higher than Wigan and Everton.... beligium of course is higher than Canadian but Hart is far better

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2018, 04:30:51 PM »
Money is not the issue,it's hunger the passion that's missing
Them belly full but we the fans and supporters hungry,even the dam Waggonist hungry
How much money has has been thrown on  this and what do we have to show for it, one world cup appearance and a couple to the under' s
Dam administration wasteful and to be honest the players are not hungry enough
Man act and sound like money cure all the issues,how much has it solved to this day when you take into account how much has been given
We live in a time and as a society where everyone thinks he or she is entitled to more than we have earned and it's about time we try doing more with less
I have always prayed for the day to come when less revenue was available just to see how we would react and behave,that time is now,it's time to buckle up and adjust our collective belts ,for the days of plenty is no more...just reality

Money is not the issue? how do you expect footballers to eat? LoL

Allyuh men good oui..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2018, 04:34:46 PM »

I agree with you 100% but it seems as if DL has not gotten the message so it is better we get rid of this guy while we ahead of the game.

I agree with that also. TTFA should have two senior teams. The U-23 being the B team. They should have the local U-23 play against Caribbean opposition or any  CA or SA team that will schedule a game with us. TTFA is unable to multitask. The leader has on blinders. The blinders is focusing on the construction of the hotel. DL could only go so far with DJW without him being fired.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2018, 04:36:46 PM »
Quick Question:

Canadian national football is higher than Wigan and Everton.... beligium of course is higher than Canadian but Hart is far better

Contro, I beg to differ on your assessment that Canadian team is better that Wigan or Everton.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 04:39:20 PM »
Them belly full but we the fans and supporters hungry,even the dam Waggonist hungry
How much money has has been thrown on  this and what do we have to show for it, one world cup appearance and a couple to the under' s
Man act and sound like money cure all the issues,how much has it solved to this day when you take into account how much has been given
We live in a time and as a society where everyone thinks he or she is entitled to more than we have earned and it's about time we try doing more with less
I have always prayed for the day to come when less revenue was available just to see how we would react and behave,that time is now,it's time to buckle up and adjust our collective belts ,for the days of plenty is no more...just reality

Allyuh men good oui..

I agree with you that the lack money is the problem. If them men did not have the passion and desire, they would not be playing in the PFL for that kind of money.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2018, 04:40:32 PM »
Quick Question:

Contro, I beg to differ on your assessment that Canadian team is better that Wigan or Everton.

Lawrence has not proven himself as a head coach, he’s an effective asst, Hart is above DL... DL right now doesn’t even have a brand or style of play

Tbh I don’t even see a great change, just sub par performances from an inexperienced coach who is taking orders from the dictator

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2018, 04:44:08 PM »

Allyuh men good oui..

I agree with you that the lack money is the problem. If them men did not have the passion and desire, they would not be playing in the PFL for that kind of money.

The US, Mexico etc know we (TT) have the talent passion and desire but they also know we don’t have the coaching, training and exposure nor the salaries to compete and take that talent to a World Cup level unless they get transferred

So when men say we have no talent.. if you feel that’s the case stop watching local and national football, stick to epl la liga etc

I have an eye for talent, always have, TT has it but the corrupt govt never helped with sport nor has the private sector..
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 04:46:16 PM by Controversial »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2018, 04:53:55 PM »
Contro, you are crazy if you think that the Pro League, Super League players etc have any special talent that could make them world beaters.

Listen bro, this thing is about development. Development is a science. You need to accept the scientific approach in ensuring results. It hasn't been about "talent" for a long while. It's all about development. No one coming out of Trinidad and unto the National team experienced any major development. They just "played football".

SSFL can't develop anyone either. Not now, not never.

Our entire model needs to change but that is for the long run. In the short run we need to get TTFA commercially viable. We do that by putting butts in the stands. We do this by having players that are marketable and are of quality (John Bostock, Ryan Innis etc). Let Europe develop them and we utilise them. It really is that simple. A foreign born team can challenge for the Gold Cup etc. We need to recruit these players early.

Our next mission is to improve the u21-23 team/teams....Our assistant national mens coach should be the head coach of those teams. Let the philosophy go down the line. That coach should also be younger/youthful so that he's learning from the national mens coach etc. The other 23 team should always make up the bulk of your next round of qualification teams. Remember that players such as Gabriel Jesus playing for Brazil etc since 18 etc so u23 is already too old. People play at the world cup at 17-18 etc....But we need to place emphasis on this team because outside of the world cup, the olympics is the next big event. Our football needs that competition as well. 

The world doesn't want what we have to offer. We have players in India for goodness sake. India...Let that sink in.

We still using the National Team to "showcase" players. That is not what the National Team is for. It's up to the National player to showcase himself. The national team is to have players who possess the final product. Some of our players appear to be overweight whilst on national duty. Some are out of breath by the 70th minute. This is unacceptable.

Brother if you feel our players are shithounds then why even bother commenting or watching our football?

TT should be a fete team, there’s no need for any passionate discussion bc you’re wasting your breath on shithounds, watch epl la liga you will get your moneys worth

I have a positive attitude and I believe in our players and people, and I have seen talent above other nations in concacaf with my own eyes..l

I have had cousins who have played at Holland national level and in Europe for Ajax etc, uncles who have traveled to almost every World Cup...
All of them are non Trinis but have seen and followed our team, all have said Trinidad has the talent to be in the top 3 every campaign

I have seen it for myself... and we all agreed, coaching, training and the admin are to blame... our dictator for a prez and politics that keep our team back...

So brother you can believe what you want to believe and I’ll stick to my beliefs .... bc I know how talented we really are

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2018, 06:26:34 PM »
Brother if you feel our players are shithounds then why even bother commenting or watching our football?

TT should be a fete team, there’s no need for any passionate discussion bc you’re wasting your breath on shithounds, watch epl la liga you will get your moneys worth

I have a positive attitude and I believe in our players and people, and I have seen talent above other nations in concacaf with my own eyes..l

I have had cousins who have played at Holland national level and in Europe for Ajax etc, uncles who have traveled to almost every World Cup...
All of them are non Trinis but have seen and followed our team, all have said Trinidad has the talent to be in the top 3 every campaign

I have seen it for myself... and we all agreed, coaching, training and the admin are to blame... our dictator for a prez and politics that keep our team back...

So brother you can believe what you want to believe and I’ll stick to my beliefs .... bc I know how talented we really are

Trinidad doesn't have any sort of "special talent" that you are claiming. It's that belief that causes our players to reach the senior team still needing to be coached in the very basics of the game. "Talent" alone will not get you anywhere in football. All major football clubs in Europe etc have football academies brimming with talent but the reality is that each years hundreds of youth players are released by their clubs because they are just not good enough.  They all had "talent".

Our youth players are mainly playing in the SSFL, hoping to get a scholarship. That's the reality. That 'talent" can't compare to the 15/16 year old who making their professional debut in the champions league and Epl etc. Is chalk and cheese brother. You basing this "talent" on what? Street football in Carenage?

We need to start being realistic and honest with ourselves and what we are even attempting to achieve.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2018, 07:46:12 PM »

Trinidad doesn't have any sort of "special talent" that you are claiming. It's that belief that causes our players to reach the senior team still needing to be coached in the very basics of the game. "Talent" alone will not get you anywhere in football. All major football clubs in Europe etc have football academies brimming with talent but the reality is that each years hundreds of youth players are released by their clubs because they are just not good enough.  They all had "talent".

Our youth players are mainly playing in the SSFL, hoping to get a scholarship. That's the reality. That 'talent" can't compare to the 15/16 year old who making their professional debut in the champions league and Epl etc. Is chalk and cheese brother. You basing this "talent" on what? Street football in Carenage?

We need to start being realistic and honest with ourselves and what we are even attempting to achieve.

d last of d "special" generation all have grey hair now, what we have now are a few relative standouts among fair to mediocre stock and arguably dat special generation wasn't all that special in d grand scale...d last Remanence scraped through to a single world cup in dey twilight years, we no longer have ah street football culture strong enough to give us latapy\s and york\s "naturally" and we put nutten in place to pick up dat slack.....football in this country now initiates new players through hobbyist interest....there aren't that many eat sleep breath football types in d console generation and there will be even less in d smartphone social media generation unless we put organized and well supported initiatives to get bodies back on playing fields.....after we get back some playing fields i.e. :( :P and maybe playing "cages" all over d country....but we have no set ah special talent as all dat anymore, Joevin is we last truly notable export and he scratching notoriety ankle at d minute.........

when was d last time we had ah dominant showing against CFU opposition
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 07:51:02 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2018, 10:27:03 PM »

I agree with that also. TTFA should have two senior teams. The U-23 being the B team. They should have the local U-23 play against Caribbean opposition or any  CA or SA team that will schedule a game with us. TTFA is unable to multitask. The leader has on blinders. The blinders is focusing on the construction of the hotel. DL could only go so far with DJW without him being fired.
That's not DJW job that's the coach's job I remember when G Cummings and Z Vanes had the team they used to bring younger players into the team DL does not do that because he does not know what he is doing that's why he should be fired.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2018, 11:26:07 PM »
How could you with a straight face say he doesn"t bring younger players into the team?

1]; } ?>