March 28, 2024, 07:17:34 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59463 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #150 on: November 21, 2018, 04:24:15 PM »
How much is ffisback paying you all to educate him? ???

Doh tell meh is free education allyuh throwin way dey yuh know.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 21, 2018, 05:30:58 PM »
What if I say. Hart had a similar record to BeenHakker. What if I say, from 2013 to 2015, during Hart's tenure (2013-2016), BeenHakker was the football director and adviser. What if I say a coach with the best record was a local coach. Would you take the blue pill or the red pill ?

Either way. Hart, BeenHakker, Maturana, ain't coming back..no foreigner worth there salt would take the job - that includes many coaches on this shit-talk board right here..Vranes has not built any strong resume ( a la a Fenwick) by being a multiple snr winner in the local leagues. I suggest, be glad we have Dennis Lawrence who has some measure of experience, local and international, as both a player and a coach, and we should try keeping him as long as possible as he works to get things right. On the job training yes, but with our Team, administration and supporters, it will always and forever be a work in progress. We never really consistently win anything. Always if, coulda and woulda.
Try to keep the somebody on a long term, so they can develop and build something instead of breaking down and starting over everytime a cold breeze blow, or a heat wave pass. It's normal weather for our region, especially these days.
What if I say I had the winning lotto numbers I would be rich today now back to realty SH has done nothing to prove that he is a successful coach he could not even win the Caribbean cup something ZV who you don't much of has won what made SH such a successful coach to the people of TT is something i cannot comprehend.
What made Beenhakker successful was R Latapy comming out of retirement if R Latapy never came back Beenhakker would have been another failed foreign coach I would never hire him to take TT football into the future and i believe Vanes and Maturana is more suitable for the job and will give TT a chance again.

And after nearly 2 years its plane to see that DL does not have what it takes to take this team into the futeur .

if you had the winning lotto numbers you might be rich, but you would still be ignorant of the fact that the one reality is Dennis Lawrence is the current coach and unless he quits or is fired - I doubt because of your feelings or anybody feelings or your new found money - there is no other candidate being considered. Totally irregardless of how you feel about Stephen Hart. Maybe you can hire Maturana with your dream money.
Point taken Cocorite.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 21, 2018, 09:27:34 PM »
What if I say. Hart had a similar record to BeenHakker. What if I say, from 2013 to 2015, during Hart's tenure (2013-2016), BeenHakker was the football director and adviser. What if I say a coach with the best record was a local coach. Would you take the blue pill or the red pill ?

Either way. Hart, BeenHakker, Maturana, ain't coming back..no foreigner worth there salt would take the job - that includes many coaches on this shit-talk board right here..Vranes has not built any strong resume ( a la a Fenwick) by being a multiple snr winner in the local leagues. I suggest, be glad we have Dennis Lawrence who has some measure of experience, local and international, as both a player and a coach, and we should try keeping him as long as possible as he works to get things right. On the job training yes, but with our Team, administration and supporters, it will always and forever be a work in progress. We never really consistently win anything. Always if, coulda and woulda.
Try to keep the somebody on a long term, so they can develop and build something instead of breaking down and starting over everytime a cold breeze blow, or a heat wave pass. It's normal weather for our region, especially these days.
What if I say I had the winning lotto numbers I would be rich today now back to realty SH has done nothing to prove that he is a successful coach he could not even win the Caribbean cup something ZV who you don't much of has won what made SH such a successful coach to the people of TT is something i cannot comprehend.
What made Beenhakker successful was R Latapy comming out of retirement if R Latapy never came back Beenhakker would have been another failed foreign coach I would never hire him to take TT football into the future and i believe Vanes and Maturana is more suitable for the job and will give TT a chance again.

And after nearly 2 years its plane to see that DL does not have what it takes to take this team into the futeur .

if you had the winning lotto numbers you might be rich, but you would still be ignorant of the fact that the one reality is Dennis Lawrence is the current coach and unless he quits or is fired - I doubt because of your feelings or anybody feelings or your new found money - there is no other candidate being considered. Totally irregardless of how you feel about Stephen Hart. Maybe you can hire Maturana with your dream money.
Point taken Cocorite.
Speaking of ignorance you have failed to make a case as to why DL who has never coached any were before is going to turn TT into a successful team or if SH was so successful how come he could not win a little tournament like the Caribbean cup.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2018, 10:19:39 PM »
Speaking of ignorance you have failed to make a case as to why DL who has never coached any were before is going to turn TT into a successful team or if SH was so successful how come he could not win a little tournament like the Caribbean cup.

He was an assistant at Everton for a number of years. wasn't he? He has a coaching barge. As you may know, it is very difficult for native born Blacks to get a foot in English football coaching society. I was surprised he got an assistant job in England. The only other option for him was to come back home. Where did Sol Campbell coached before he came to TT for a brief stint.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 21, 2018, 11:04:42 PM »
'being successful at football' is a relative term. it depends on current status(position), setting and achieving of goals, level of support administratively, financially, and publicly, development, selection, product, produce (some say, chemistry), test, adjustment and pure luck, and current state of the Nation . Only God can guarantee any success, and even that deity mysterious works we still trying to figure out. I think the state of the world today, God to busy to manage we team - even if he might be Trini.
 However, let's look at general resumes. Note we could only look at resumes we can presently afford, don't know why you keep bringing up Hart, he was no God, and if he was, he's gone, still being owed (fired, no less) and probably not affordable at present (i will include his just for reference).
Sometimes I wonder if that is why TT where we is, the God came and TTians say we doh need he..We have we own.

So given the present state of the TTFA(or TT) economy, and our product as is, who you hiring ?
This revolving door thing has to stop, we not no professional club, even if it might be a decent model to follow. Anyway, with this I stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Lawrence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoran_Vrane%C5%A1

and only because you seem determined to see a Contro post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hart_(soccer)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 11:33:18 PM by maxg »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2018, 05:27:41 AM »

Put yourself as the TT coach in this present situation. Do you think you can do any better? Imaging you presenting short term and long term strategies for TT national team. Just think about that.

From the time the world cup qualifiers were done, I would have gone with a team to qualify for the Olympics 2020. Leave Levi Garcia and Joevin Jones to establish themselves professionally. Keep Bateau to help with the younger defenders coming through and maybe Hyland for his experience, and Molino when the next world cup campaign come around.

We really have nobody so great that younger players can't supplant them in preparation for the future.
I agree with you 100% but it seems as if DL has not gotten the message so it is better we get rid of this guy while we ahead of the game.

I agree with that also. TTFA should have two senior teams. The U-23 being the B team. They should have the local U-23 play against Caribbean opposition or any  CA or SA team that will schedule a game with us. TTFA is unable to multitask. The leader has on blinders. The blinders is focusing on the construction of the hotel. DL could only go so far with DJW without him being fired.
That's not DJW job that's the coach's job I remember when G Cummings and Z Vanes had the team they used to bring younger players into the team DL does not do that because he does not know what he is doing that's why he should be fired.
DJW is the one who is telling DL which players he should pick, DJW did it to Hart, and Hart refused which resulted him getting fired.
If S Hart was picking his own team and still getting his but kick he deserved to get fired.

DJW was stirring up trouble amongst the players, you didnt see that did you? DJW didnt want Hart from the get go.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2018, 08:09:41 AM »

He was an assistant at Everton for a number of years. wasn't he? He has a coaching barge. As you may know, it is very difficult for native born Blacks to get a foot in English football coaching society. I was surprised he got an assistant job in England. The only other option for him was to come back home. Where did Sol Campbell coached before he came to TT for a brief stint.
My problem with former players like R Latapy and D Lawrence is that instead of trying to get coaching jobs in the lower divisions to get experience they always take the easy way out and run back to TT there is a lot of coaching jobs in the lower levels in Europe but them men doh ha the belly to stick it out they want to run back home and get a easy check and play big coach and turn the NT into some reserve team training exercise TT is a top 10 team in the concacaf we are used to challengeing the big boys we don't need no reserve team coach we need a real coach.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2018, 09:26:21 AM »
'being successful at football' is a relative term. it depends on current status(position), setting and achieving of goals, level of support administratively, financially, and publicly, development, selection, product, produce (some say, chemistry), test, adjustment and pure luck, and current state of the Nation . Only God can guarantee any success, and even that deity mysterious works we still trying to figure out. I think the state of the world today, God to busy to manage we team - even if he might be Trini.
 However, let's look at general resumes. Note we could only look at resumes we can presently afford, don't know why you keep bringing up Hart, he was no God, and if he was, he's gone, still being owed (fired, no less) and probably not affordable at present (i will include his just for reference).
Sometimes I wonder if that is why TT where we is, the God came and TTians say we doh need he..We have we own.

So given the present state of the TTFA(or TT) economy, and our product as is, who you hiring ?
This revolving door thing has to stop, we not no professional club, even if it might be a decent model to follow. Anyway, with this I stop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Lawrence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoran_Vrane%C5%A1

and only because you seem determined to see a Contro post.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Hart_(soccer)
I agree with a lot what you said and I know the TTFF is broke but I'm sure that the money that they paying  DL they could get a better coach for that money of the coach's you mention DL has no 1st team coaching experience player development is not the same as building a team. SH has a lot of coaching experience but flopped when he had Canada and TT his outdated English football style was just to predictable. ZV built St Vincent most successful team he built Antigua most successful team he built TT most successful u20 team he built TT most successful Olympic team had G Cummings not sabotage the team in 1996 he probably would have been successful there to so I will put my money on Vanes anytime over does guys.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2018, 10:16:16 AM »
@ffisback

You seem to be ignoring that the TTFA solicited applications worldwide. Do you recall, or are you aware of, the number of persons who applied for the position? From that actual pool of applicants, we have definition of those who were concretely interested in the job. What's your plan? To present the job to someone who is not interested in the position?

Did Vranes apply for the position?

Where is this supposed "better coach for that money" among the applicants?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 10:18:14 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2018, 05:16:49 PM »
Placing on the job training in context:

Last season Gerrard coached Liverpool’s Under-18s. “I learned a lot preparing and delivering sessions, speaking to players one-to-one, using different formations. It gave me a year’s driving lessons. I wasn’t expecting the Rangers offer. Do I think it came a bit early? Probably. But when it’s a club as big as Rangers you only get one opportunity to manage them. So I had to reflect. Where am I strong? Who do I need to help me in areas where I lack experience? The staff Rangers put around me have been absolutely brilliant.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/15/steven-gerrard-rangers-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-interview

Everything is not necessarily about the First Team experience. Every coach has had a first coaching job and a lack of experience. More important than experience is a personalized understanding of how to effectively convey/teach the game to players.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 05:30:02 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2018, 08:35:02 PM »
all this talk of youth not getting a chance and Latapy just basically said that SSFL don't develop footballing intelligence in our youth........thing is our most notable young prospect not too long ago IMHO displayed this very said lack of football intelligence........I once hypothesized a while ago that Latapy's struggle as a coach has much to do with his seeming inability to "transfer that intelligence" as a coach......on his feet Latapy made the players around him somehow "magically" better will never forget dat 20mins against Paraguay in 06 where ah team was disjointed for 70min was suddenly playing all over Paraguay....man suddenly knowing where to be for the flick pass...dropping to pull players and create space...all while forming these fluid triangles....

I watch SSFL highlights every now and then and while you see nice individual football you don't see much good TEAM football.....all dat fluff jus to say that all these INDIVIDUALS ffsback going on about generally leave much to be desired when their INDIVIDUAL talents get nullified, and often very easily, by better "educated" players on better "educated" TEAMS.....d whole is always greater than d sum of d parts....something our football culture often ignores.....yuh ever notice dat we have ah chronic habit of defending with half ah team :-\ watch d last american goal, how long it take to score and how many attacking players reach back to support....................

I pity the fool....

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2018, 10:02:08 PM »
@ffisback

You seem to be ignoring that the TTFA solicited applications worldwide. Do you recall, or are you aware of, the number of persons who applied for the position? From that actual pool of applicants, we have definition of those who were concretely interested in the job. What's your plan? To present the job to someone who is not interested in the position?

Did Vranes apply for the position?

Where is this supposed "better coach for that money" among the applicants?
I read some were that Vanes and Maturana put in for the position and if what you telling me is true that people from all over the world put in for the position and that is who they chose everybody on that board should be fired at once.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2018, 10:11:48 PM »
Placing on the job training in context:

Last season Gerrard coached Liverpool’s Under-18s. “I learned a lot preparing and delivering sessions, speaking to players one-to-one, using different formations. It gave me a year’s driving lessons. I wasn’t expecting the Rangers offer. Do I think it came a bit early? Probably. But when it’s a club as big as Rangers you only get one opportunity to manage them. So I had to reflect. Where am I strong? Who do I need to help me in areas where I lack experience? The staff Rangers put around me have been absolutely brilliant.”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/15/steven-gerrard-rangers-liverpool-jurgen-klopp-chelsea-interview

Everything is not necessarily about the First Team experience. Every coach has had a first coaching job and a lack of experience. More important than experience is a personalized understanding of how to effectively convey/teach the game to players.
Everybody is not a quick learner S Gerrard may only needs 1 stint with the u18 team D Lawrence probably need several stints.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2018, 10:20:28 PM »
all this talk of youth not getting a chance and Latapy just basically said that SSFL don't develop footballing intelligence in our youth........thing is our most notable young prospect not too long ago IMHO displayed this very said lack of football intelligence........I once hypothesized a while ago that Latapy's struggle as a coach has much to do with his seeming inability to "transfer that intelligence" as a coach......on his feet Latapy made the players around him somehow "magically" better will never forget dat 20mins against Paraguay in 06 where ah team was disjointed for 70min was suddenly playing all over Paraguay....man suddenly knowing where to be for the flick pass...dropping to pull players and create space...all while forming these fluid triangles....

I watch SSFL highlights every now and then and while you see nice individual football you don't see much good TEAM football.....all dat fluff jus to say that all these INDIVIDUALS ffsback going on about generally leave much to be desired when their INDIVIDUAL talents get nullified, and often very easily, by better "educated" players on better "educated" TEAMS.....d whole is always greater than d sum of d parts....something our football culture often ignores.....yuh ever notice dat we have ah chronic habit of defending with half ah team :-\ watch d last american goal, how long it take to score and how many attacking players reach back to support....................

I agree that the SSFL is not good enough anymore but my problem is with the fact that DL is not giving these younger players a chance to play on the senior team that's the only way they will improve is if they play against better players.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2018, 09:02:22 AM »
National team is not OJT. And playing against better players once every 2 months not gonna improve nobody. Improvement comes with consistency comes with practice comes with systems of development.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 23, 2018, 11:57:03 AM »

I agree that the SSFL is not good enough anymore but my problem is with the fact that DL is not giving these younger players a chance to play on the senior team that's the only way they will improve is if they play against better players.
DJW has a hand in player selections!!! DL I'm sure given the chance to choose freely, wouldve given younger players a chance. Lawd I cant wait for DJW to be gone and we get a proper president who will show full support to the TTFA as a whole, THEN will you be proven wrong. Allyuh...remember this thread when things change.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 23, 2018, 08:24:02 PM »
National team is not OJT. And playing against better players once every 2 months not gonna improve nobody. Improvement comes with consistency comes with practice comes with systems of development.
So we might as well stop playing friendly's then.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »

DJW has a hand in player selections!!! DL I'm sure given the chance to choose freely, wouldve given younger players a chance. Lawd I cant wait for DJW to be gone and we get a proper president who will show full support to the TTFA as a whole, THEN will you be proven wrong. Allyuh...remember this thread when things change.
Lord father put a hand on these people!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 24, 2018, 05:08:19 AM »

Yea you in particular, you're blind.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 24, 2018, 08:19:08 AM »
So, ffisback. Tell us what you will do right to change the situation. Keeping in mind that DJW is the president of ttfa and has the backings of some the zone and also has the fifa president on his side, for now. Why don’t you form a group to run for the elections. Ah mean seriously. You don’t have to run for the post. But get some people who you feel can do the job.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 11:26:29 PM by Deeks »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 25, 2018, 12:31:49 AM »

You sure is not you that blind.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 25, 2018, 01:30:03 AM »
So, ffisback. Tell us what you will do right to change the situation. Keeping in mind that DJW is the president of ttfa and has the backings of some the zone and also has the fifa president on his side, for now. Why don’t you form a group to run for the elections. Ah mean seriously. You don’t have to run for the post. But get some people who you feel can do the job.
The TTFF has been improperly run for over 50 years it could probably take several years to straighten out all there problems while I will love to go back home to help my team I have to weigh the pro's and con's I left Trinidad as a teenager I have know contacts with people who are inside the football fraternity I will be going up against the pre colonial system that the British establish and the post colonial system that E Williams and the PNM regime establish so they could stay in power just like how the people on this site want to cut throat if I go down there my life will be in danger.
The 1st thing I would do is if I was in charge would be to take J Warner to court to get the TTFF money it could take several years but its worth it the 2nd would be to look for a coach that will give TT a better chance of going to the WC and  Olympics and I will put in to host the Olympic qualifiers in 2020 that's the 1st things I would take care off.

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 25, 2018, 06:36:09 AM »

You sure is not you that blind.

LOL

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2018, 01:13:02 PM »
The TTFF has been improperly run for over 50 years it could probably take several years to straighten out all there problems while I will love to go back home to help my team I have to weigh the pro's and con's I left Trinidad as a teenager I have know contacts with people who are inside the football fraternity I will be going up against the pre colonial system that the British establish and the post colonial system that E Williams and the PNM regime establish so they could stay in power just like how the people on this site want to cut throat if I go down there my life will be in danger.
The 1st thing I would do is if I was in charge would be to take J Warner to court to get the TTFF money it could take several years but its worth it the 2nd would be to look for a coach that will give TT a better chance of going to the WC and  Olympics and I will put in to host the Olympic qualifiers in 2020 that's the 1st things I would take care off.
so you won't be making us successful. and will only be then looking for a coach after you win elections, after several years of straightening out stuff, meanwhile your throwing money behind shysters to get money from ah slippery eel in a deep hole, who would probably have to pay ppl back before he pays TTFF, and nobody ketch dat jumbie yet.Thus so further depleting the few resources you have to do programs, games, pay staff an players for court expenses.
 Meanwhile you still looking for a coach or another coach, as you run out of money to hire or pay the 1st coach you was looking for, or don't have enough, as you have to pay the last set of coaches, staff and players owed, besides trying to complete "home of football" that was started by previous admin. Meanwhile, ppl suing your organization for stuff the previous organization didn't pay. So you end up hiring the cheapest coach you can get, someone who working for free as he trying to get his foot wet. Everybody cussing you, cause you hire this cheap coach and we can't win a game. Oh and it has been a few years now.
Finally, that coach start to win more than he lose, but turn round and lose to Grenada - a few of your players went Nottinghm boatride or in Toronto instead of flying in for pregame meeting, cause they didn't get paid and coach drop them - so you fire he, cause you fire other coaches for less. He demand payment of contract, although he was cheap, yuh owe him for a few years. Yuh call some padnas from socawarriors.net to work for expense only and bail yuh out. The Board want to know who is these ppl you pull in, ah bunch ah foreigners, now come trying to take over our game. Them charge and suing yuh ass too. Your padnas start demanding their expense, cause dem coming to help, but cyah do nothing..You quietly decline running in next elections, and move back out to foreign, cause yuh life in more danger now, than when yuh went.

:D ;D :D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2018, 03:12:43 PM »
^^^^^ :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline Trini Madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2018, 04:15:38 PM »
so you won't be making us successful. and will only be then looking for a coach after you win elections, after several years of straightening out stuff, meanwhile your throwing money behind shysters to get money from ah slippery eel in a deep hole, who would probably have to pay ppl back before he pays TTFF, and nobody ketch dat jumbie yet.Thus so further depleting the few resources you have to do programs, games, pay staff an players for court expenses.
 Meanwhile you still looking for a coach or another coach, as you run out of money to hire or pay the 1st coach you was looking for, or don't have enough, as you have to pay the last set of coaches, staff and players owed, besides trying to complete "home of football" that was started by previous admin. Meanwhile, ppl suing your organization for stuff the previous organization didn't pay. So you end up hiring the cheapest coach you can get, someone who working for free as he trying to get his foot wet. Everybody cussing you, cause you hire this cheap coach and we can't win a game. Oh and it has been a few years now.
Finally, that coach start to win more than he lose, but turn round and lose to Grenada - a few of your players went Nottinghm boatride or in Toronto instead of flying in for pregame meeting, cause they didn't get paid and coach drop them - so you fire he, cause you fire other coaches for less. He demand payment of contract, although he was cheap, yuh owe him for a few years. Yuh call some padnas from socawarriors.net to work for expense only and bail yuh out. The Board want to know who is these ppl you pull in, ah bunch ah foreigners, now come trying to take over our game. Them charge and suing yuh ass too. Your padnas start demanding their expense, cause dem coming to help, but cyah do nothing..You quietly decline running in next elections, and move back out to foreign, cause yuh life in more danger now, than when yuh went.

:D ;D :D

Wheyyyy drop the mic on that one  :rotfl: :rotfl: :applause: :applause:

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 27, 2018, 01:57:12 PM »
The SSFL goal is not to develop players.

Can we all agree to stop placing this responsibility on the schools.

Developing players rest with the football clubs and TTFA.

Are High schools in the USA expected to "develop" players? Are schools in the Uk expected to develop players?

We keep doing the same thing over and over expecting different results.

The SSFL  "product" isn't suppose to look "exemplary". These are just kids representing their schools. No different from children playing inter house sports in their schools.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 27, 2018, 02:59:51 PM »
congo, if not "develop", how about "improve"?

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 27, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
congo, if not "develop", how about "improve"?

Not even that.

Unless the "improvement" is for them to go to better Universities through scholarship etc.

Remember those games are nothing more than friendly rivalries and bragging rights.

Has nothing to do with developing so why should the schools carry this burden.

Pro League players not even suppose to be playing in SSFL cause that is a step backward and could hamper their development. These are two completely different paths a footballer must take.

Where in the world is a schools' league expected to develop and improve footballers?

We need to start removing SSFL from the football vocabulary. The problem is the pull that it still has that causes players to gravitate towards it for "glory".

Madness

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 27, 2018, 04:49:38 PM »

1]; } ?>