March 28, 2024, 10:35:40 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59473 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #210 on: June 19, 2019, 01:33:45 AM »
Dennis at least has an interest in local football and is a son of the soil. We're broke thanks to disgusting mismanagement by DJW and if we changed now that absolute self-serving cretin would pick the replacement.

You think this is solely bad management? Its bad or deliberate coaching... hart is also a son of the soil, ive seen plenty sons of the soil sell out our nation when coming to football over the last 2 decades and more..

Hes so interested in local football but neither can cummings, telfer or many others capable, make the team?

Facades are a part of the culture, hes putting on a show but he cant hide from the results on the field

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 20, 2019, 03:00:10 AM »
Dennis at least has an interest in local football and is a son of the soil. We're broke thanks to disgusting mismanagement by DJW and if we changed now that absolute self-serving cretin would pick the replacement.
please mate don’t get started with this mad man and have him go off on the Steven hart man worship tirade again because I simply cannot stand to read another bloody line about how great hart was and how lawrence is being paid to sabotage the team and by extension the federation through his alliance and collusion with David j williams. my nerves just can’t stand that mad bumbling rubbish again.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:35 AM »
I will sign this petition. Dennis is a national hero but his work as a coach, as a tactician is sorely lacking. Pack bags, thanks for the service(s).

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 20, 2019, 10:47:07 PM »
I will sign this petition. Dennis is a national hero but his work as a coach, as a tactician is sorely lacking. Pack bags, thanks for the service(s).
Obviously you have somebody in mind and knowledge of funds to pay them. Right now, we owing everybody. Coaches from years ago still waiting for funds. Anyways,  Call yuh replacement coach name who will jump in now for now nah  :waiting: :waiting:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 21, 2019, 11:32:00 AM »
Obviously you have somebody in mind and knowledge of funds to pay them. Right now, we owing everybody. Coaches from years ago still waiting for funds. Anyways,  Call yuh replacement coach name who will jump in now for now nah  :waiting: :waiting:

yup we dont even know the terms of his contract
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tiresais

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 22, 2019, 02:22:07 AM »

You think this is solely bad management? Its bad or deliberate coaching... hart is also a son of the soil, ive seen plenty sons of the soil sell out our nation when coming to football over the last 2 decades and more..

Hes so interested in local football but neither can cummings, telfer or many others capable, make the team?

Facades are a part of the culture, hes putting on a show but he cant hide from the results on the field

I mean this is a guy who was sat watching the cup final of the NSL, so yea I'd say he has an interest in local football, 'cause unless you got family on the pitch you ain't there for top quality footy. For whatever reason he didn't' share your faith in those lads.

Check my post history - I was devastated that Hart was driven out, but my questions still stands - you want the guy who hired that Belgian charlatan to have another pop at a new NT manager, with no funds? Mark my words it'll be who ever W Connection has milling around willing to work for peanuts.

I honestly think you're optimistic about the quality we have now - we definitely have potential but with corruptor-in-chief in charge cancelling youth football whilst building his vanity project, what do you expect?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 22, 2019, 07:34:28 PM »

I am still trying very hard to understand what is DL plan for this team for the Gold Cup. Because the team is clueless and seem to have no plan when going forward to create goal scoring opportunities. I still do not understand what is Denis doing with this team

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 22, 2019, 07:53:10 PM »
If he cares about T&T football, he should QUIT!!! :'(
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 22, 2019, 08:18:46 PM »
If he cares about T&T football, he should QUIT!!! :'(

I agree...if he’s honest with himself...he should recognize he isn’t ready yet...what a shame...anybody know when is the next TTFA President election? DJW needs to go...can that fool be impeached some how...this is so depressing. We’re not competitive in any way...such a talented group of players that can’t even string a few passses together, play ball in the opposition half, not to mention get some clean shots at goal....terrible state of our football
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 22, 2019, 08:31:42 PM »
I expected licks as they wanted revenge but not this. If we cyah handle Guyana, all of dem should pay for their own tickets home.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 22, 2019, 08:46:14 PM »
A resignation is absolutely in order and no member of the current coaching staff should be substituted or submitted in an interim capacity.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 22, 2019, 09:03:10 PM »
A resignation is absolutely in order and no member of the current coaching staff should be substituted or submitted in an interim capacity.
I agree. Remember Jackula used to say To Whom Much Is Given...well de youth and women's teams got stuffed while DL Team had all these foreign games to prepare them for this rubbish display in the GC. Tragic.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #222 on: June 22, 2019, 09:49:39 PM »
I agree. Remember Jackula used to say To Whom Much Is Given...well de youth and women's teams got stuffed while DL Team had all these foreign games to prepare them for this rubbish display in the GC. Tragic.

Deliberate, you don't go from being on the coaching staff for a team like Belgium to regressing this bad...

Tallest was hired to sabotage the team and its rise by Hart created issues for the bigger teams...

He's also paid by fifa... as stipulated when he was hired

Hart was too good and too progressive and posed a threat to the big 3, so they got the dictator in and a yes man coach to ensure TT doesn't upset the current equation

Everything I predicted years ago has now come to pass, when most of the fools who pretend to know football on the board lambasted what I was saying..

This is no conspiracy, the dictator is a puppet, executing orders.... it has nothing to do with lack of talent or other teams being more talented that's BS

Panama and US are very ordinary ... nothing special about either team ... both are very beatable

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 23, 2019, 03:14:33 AM »
Greetings to one and all. Even to the ones that don't like Supa & De Enterprise. We ain't gone no way, still here holding a small vibes, we just don't be in the mood to post. We does check in like a guest, browse around and then keep it moving. But I had to come on here this time massive, what the forrk was that last night (6-0). We still at the stage being beaten by teams that amount of goals. I feel so embarrassed sitting with my Jamaican brothers here and to see my country get embarrassed like that. Huh. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 23, 2019, 12:11:59 PM »
He’s not going anywhere sad to say. only trinidadian coaches could lose by such a margin and shameless enough to remain in the job. just out of principle most coaches would resign, but not this bloke.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 23, 2019, 06:42:31 PM »
Trinidad not no footballing nation so 6-0 is not a surprise.

Those players are not "ballers". They still don't know how to control and impose themselves on a game at this level.

Trinidad's problem is not Dennis Lawrence. The problem is that the country has no sort of development to create proper ballers.

We continue to look like a bunch of headless chickens just running around out there.

Some of us are fooling ourselves if we think that we are going anywhere in this game. Concacaf is considered the weakest footballing region in the world(?).

We continue to struggle against the likes of USA when USA is not considered a footballing powerhouse by anyone.

Our football needs a complete overhaul and a 10-20 year plan.

No coach could convert this bunch of players into world class athletes. They simply are not good enough.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2019, 07:03:43 PM »

Those players are not "ballers". They still don't know how to control and impose themselves on a game at this level.

Trinidad's problem is not Dennis Lawrence. The problem is that the country has no sort of development to create proper ballers.

We continue to look like a bunch of headless chickens just running around out there.

Some of us are fooling ourselves if we think that we are going anywhere in this game. Concacaf is considered the weakest footballing region in the world(?).

We continue to struggle against the likes of USA when USA is not considered a footballing powerhouse by anyone.

No coach could convert this bunch of players into world class athletes. They simply are not good enough.
and there in lies the problem. well said mate take a bow :applause:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 07:07:34 PM by pull stones »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 23, 2019, 07:08:10 PM »
The challenge was NOT to convert them into world class athletes. Congo, you know better than that. That was NOT the mission.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #228 on: June 23, 2019, 07:11:42 PM »

That’s your excuse for these results?

All of a sudden we are not a footballing nation?

Look at Hart’s team and their first half performance against with the US draw.. compared to this nonsense

Trinidad always had and will always have footballing talent, we just have a corrupt admin that sells us out

And they get rid of our best players and coaches, so bigger nations look good and continue to dominate

If you can’t see the high level manipulation going on then there’s no point even talking, try opening your mind and thinking out of the box for once

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 23, 2019, 07:30:54 PM »
There is a petition started over on Wired868 calling for DJW to step down. I urge you to sign it
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 23, 2019, 08:29:15 PM »

There is a big hole in your argument. T&T football teams have played much better than we have seen in the last year under Lawrence. Yes everyone knows we never was a country with world class players filling our roster, and yes we never was a country with a super deep talent pool, HOWEVER we still played much better than the shit we playing now. Who told you the coach is expected to transform players into world class players? we are asking for the players to play as a team with cohesion to get the best results, as we have seen them and previous T&T teams done in the past.

You are saying this is impossible based on us not having world class players and this does not make sense. Look at most of the teams in the Gold Cup who are playing much better and they do not have a roster fill with world class players
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:02:59 PM by Sando prince »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 23, 2019, 09:12:55 PM »
But the quality is simply not there. Where is the quality coming from? I'm not a fan of DL but Pep can't do anything with this bunch neither. The quality is simply not there.

These are players who apart from the odd few don't know where they would be plying their trade 6 months from now. Would any of these players if they were the age even be looked at by D1 schools as possible MLS draft prospects in the future?

Who on that team is a stand out talent? Jamaica has Leon Bailey. Who do we have?

In the past we have fielded players who were not even attached to a club with their only match fitness coming via the national team.

How is that even possible in this day and age. Those players wearing the red/white/black still looking like they playing SSFL.

These are not world class players and they are not even interested in being world class players.

6 from the USA is expected. We have to bring our focus closer to home and focus on development. We are developing nothing that the world wants. Our last highest rank footballer was Kenwyne Jones at stoke City back in 2015. Jones was created around 2001-2002. You mean to tell me that within that time we haven't created anyone capable of playing in atleast the championship in England.

You gonna see this same bunch of players in a boat ride next week. Mark my words. These are not ballers. More like journeymen trying to make a living.

We haven't created ballers since the days of latapy and Yorke. We have to be realistic now.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:19:46 PM by congo »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 23, 2019, 09:46:13 PM »
But the quality is simply not there. Where is the quality coming from? I'm not a fan of DL but Pep can't do anything with this bunch neither. The quality is simply not there.

These are players who apart from the odd few don't know where they would be plying their trade 6 months from now. Would any of these players if they were the age even be looked at by D1 schools as possible MLS draft prospects in the future?

Who on that team is a stand out talent? Jamaica has Leon Bailey. Who do we have?

In the past we have fielded players who were not even attached to a club with their only match fitness coming via the national team.

How is that even possible in this day and age. Those players wearing the red/white/black still looking like they playing SSFL.

These are not world class players and they are not even interested in being world class players.

6 from the USA is expected. We have to bring our focus closer to home and focus on development. We are developing nothing that the world wants. Our last highest rank footballer was Kenwyne Jones at stoke City back in 2015. Jones was created around 2001-2002. You mean to tell me that within that time we haven't created anyone capable of playing in atleast the championship in England.

You gonna see this same bunch of players in a boat ride next week. Mark my words. These are not ballers. More like journeymen trying to make a living.

We haven't created ballers since the days of latapy and Yorke. We have to be realistic now.
couldn’t have made it any clearer mate spot on, and there in lies the problem that certain members are not getting. there were only two players who stood out for me last night, hackshaw who was playing out of position and molino. I felt so bad for hackshaw because he played his heart out and he had poise and skill, I also had the same sentiments for molino because he always comes to play and compete but his team mates were simply lost.

garcia could barely trap a ball and make a sensible pass cato was giving away the ball in crucial areas of the pitch and the whole defense with the exception of hackshaw looked lost. Nathan Lewis could hardly lose his marker to free up space and once again Alvin Jones was continually caught out of position primarily in transition where we conceded the most goals and these are very basic amateurish errors or should I say bad habits that is passed on from a very poor low level league.

I have to agree with you our football has fallen to a very poor standard as with everything else in our country and the lads really can’t be bothered, it doesn’t phase them none at all, and the truest of all statements “they’re not even interested in being world class players” that’s the part that stood out for me, just look at last night how they were cussing each other when the flood gates opened, just shameful.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 09:49:02 PM by pull stones »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 23, 2019, 11:31:07 PM »
Too much misplaced sentiment.

We got 6 from the "greatest" most powerful nation on the planet. Just the economic gap between both teams could explain that 6. Christian pulisic salary could probably pay off all of the TTFA debt.

When those US players get back stateside, they have access to nutritionists and fitness professionals to keep them in prime shape during the off season. Our tt boys have to hustle a pie and sweet drink when morning come.

What does that has to do with DL? Until we get serious about all aspects of developing football in trinidad and the CFU then we will continue to be a laughing stock. Iceland laid down the blueprint for how small nations could develop proper football structure.

Sidenote. Does anyone on that TT team has a footballing brain? Our football continues to look devoid of any purpose. It literally looks like none of them want to hold onto the ball for any length of time because they don't know what to do with it.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #234 on: June 24, 2019, 12:45:42 AM »

I saw the quality under Hart, we also saw what they called the most exciting match in recent times in the gold cup, we were on par with Mexico and better than the us and other teams... but of course people only see the negative

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 24, 2019, 05:55:05 AM »
This has to be TT biggest defeat in a long time I remember TT getting 7 in Mexico city in 2000 but that was TT B team this is more like our A team there is no way DL should be allowed to coach this team after this.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 24, 2019, 07:36:58 AM »
There is a petition started over on Wired868 calling for DJW to step down. I urge you to sign it

where is that give me the link
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 24, 2019, 09:52:43 AM »
This has to be TT biggest defeat in a long time I remember TT getting 7 in Mexico city in 2000 but that was TT B team this is more like our A team there is no way DL should be allowed to coach this team after this.

Yeah but that "B" team probably had more quality than this "A" team. We've gone from having our best players plying their trade in the EPL and champion to having our best players in the MLS. That is the reality of things.

Molino and Jones are 29 and 28 this year respectfully. They are arguably our best players but they will never play in a top european league ever. Their time for that has passed. No club is going to take a risk and sign a 28-29 mls player because Europe already have a lowly view of the MLS and its quality. They rather sign the teenagers and develop them. After MLS then what other options they have? USL?

We need to figure out our pipeline for our players' development. We still operating on guesswork. You all think that staticians sat down in a room with DL and decided the best 24 based on scientific reasoning? That is the reality of sports today. I'm sure USA did it.

Our football needs a complete overhaul. Firing DL at this point shouldn't even be the priority. Next is WC qualifiers. Where the players coming from for that? The only way that a coach can make an impact on TT football is if the team made up of foreign born players such as Bostock, de leon etc. In fact that is our only hope now. That should supply the national team for a couple of years whilst we get development in order.

Remember America did the exact same for a couple of years and they were competitive. MLS is dog sh*t. Let's be real.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 24, 2019, 10:58:39 AM »

Yeah but that "B" team probably had more quality than this "A" team. We've gone from having our best players plying their trade in the EPL and champion to having our best players in the MLS. That is the reality of things.

Molino and Jones are 29 and 28 this year respectfully. They are arguably our best players but they will never play in a top european league ever. Their time for that has passed. No club is going to take a risk and sign a 28-29 mls player because Europe already have a lowly view of the MLS and its quality. They rather sign the teenagers and develop them. After MLS then what other options they have? USL?

We need to figure out our pipeline for our players' development. We still operating on guesswork. You all think that staticians sat down in a room with DL and decided the best 24 based on scientific reasoning? That is the reality of sports today. I'm sure USA did it.

Our football needs a complete overhaul. Firing DL at this point shouldn't even be the priority. Next is WC qualifiers. Where the players coming from for that? The only way that a coach can make an impact on TT football is if the team made up of foreign born players such as Bostock, de leon etc. In fact that is our only hope now. That should supply the national team for a couple of years whilst we get development in order.

Remember America did the exact same for a couple of years and they were competitive. MLS is dog sh*t. Let's be real.
While you make some good points you are confusing the administrative role and the coaching role there are not the same the administrative role is to make sure the house is in order filling staff positions hiring coach's organizing friendly's etc the coach's job is to build a team make tactical decisions build the best system for his team and that's were DL has failed DJW is not the 1 who have KM & JJ on the bench to play Panama and the U S A that's DL decision DJW is not the 1 who have TT playing that defensive football against Panama and the U S A that's DL decision he's a looser it makes no sense staying with a looser because he will always be a looser.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 24, 2019, 11:02:27 AM »
@congo

You stated:

"Firing DL at this point shouldn't even be the priority."

Statement 1:
It isn't sufficient, but it's necessary.

or

Statement 2:
It's neither sufficient nor necessary.

Which of the statements do you agree with?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 11:05:56 AM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>