March 28, 2024, 06:25:41 AM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59461 times)

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #241 on: June 24, 2019, 12:27:18 PM »
I will sign this petition. Dennis is a national hero but his work as a coach, as a tactician is sorely lacking. Pack bags, thanks for the service(s).
Obviously you have somebody in mind and knowledge of funds to pay them. Right now, we owing everybody. Coaches from years ago still waiting for funds. Anyways,  Call yuh replacement coach name who will jump in now for now nah  :waiting: :waiting:

yup we dont even know the terms of his contract

Fifa is paying Lawrence through an allocation as pointed out at the beginning of his tenure, why is max g continuing to say he is not getting paid.  ::) ???

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 24, 2019, 12:49:18 PM »
@congo

You stated:

"Firing DL at this point shouldn't even be the priority."

Statement 1:
It isn't sufficient, but it's necessary.

or

Statement 2:
It's neither sufficient nor necessary.

Which of the statements do you agree with?

Yes but shouldn't any firing be part of a wider restructuring including appointing a qualified and experienced coach as well as aggressively recruiting foreign born players to fill developmental gaps.

That way the administration could focus on correcting our developmental issues. This is a long term plan.

DL has plenty time between now and WC qualifiers to be released. After the GC what next does the senior team has to look forward too realistically?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 24, 2019, 01:03:30 PM »
I will sign this petition. Dennis is a national hero but his work as a coach, as a tactician is sorely lacking. Pack bags, thanks for the service(s).
Obviously you have somebody in mind and knowledge of funds to pay them. Right now, we owing everybody. Coaches from years ago still waiting for funds. Anyways,  Call yuh replacement coach name who will jump in now for now nah  :waiting: :waiting:

Fifa is paying Lawrence through an allocation as pointed out at the beginning of his tenure, why is max g continuing to say he is not getting paid.  ::) ???
never said anything of the sort, however, let’s be honest, whatever he’s being paid by a fundless federation or fifa subvention. Would it be enough to hire a capable replacement in your view? Who is your suggestion for replacement if you had your way ? Don’t think your Midas man leaving Halifax for that stress again. So given our current situation and issues, suggest a coach with whom  you will be satisfied and willing to accept the same payment as Lawrence. Let this board approve and then maybe Lasana can inform the TTFA board, so we all can stop bitching , wasting down our representatives, and win everybody in our region, as everybody quite convinced that is the solution. Instead of waiting to see on the field there is no f-ing plan.
What plan ppl looking for I have no idea, but I don’t know football. I know you prepare, train, pick your best and hope your players can excute a balanced possession, passes, shots and saves. The only real planning should be done in the board rooms by the federation and we all see in the dailies, there can’t even be a organized meeting far less s current or future planning.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:05:43 PM by maxg »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 24, 2019, 01:14:49 PM »
@congo

You stated:

"Firing DL at this point shouldn't even be the priority."

Statement 1:
It isn't sufficient, but it's necessary.

or

Statement 2:
It's neither sufficient nor necessary.

Which of the statements do you agree with?

Yes but shouldn't any firing be part of a wider restructuring including appointing a qualified and experienced coach as well as aggressively recruiting foreign born players to fill developmental gaps.

That way the administration could focus on correcting our developmental issues. This is a long term plan.

DL has plenty time between now and WC qualifiers to be released. After the GC what next does the senior team has to look forward too realistically?

He shouldn't be fired. He should resign. Point blank, the letter should be written already.

All those other processes are independent of the resignation.

It isn't sufficient that he resigns, but it is necessary.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 01:20:51 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #245 on: June 24, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »

never said anything of the sort, however, let’s be honest, whatever he’s being paid by a fundless federation or fifa subvention. Would it be enough to hire a capable replacement in your view? Who is your suggestion for replacement if you had your way ? Don’t think your Midas man leaving Halifax for that stress again. So given our current situation and issues, suggest a coach with whom  you will be satisfied and willing to accept the same payment as Lawrence. Let this board approve and then maybe Lasana can inform the TTFA board, so we all can stop bitching , wasting down our representatives, and win everybody in our region, as everybody quite convinced that is the solution. Instead of waiting to see on the field there is no f-ing plan.
What plan ppl looking for I have no idea, but I don’t know football. I know you prepare, train, pick your best and hope your players can excute a balanced possession, passes, shots and saves. The only real planning should be done in the board rooms by the federation and we all see in the dailies, there can’t even be a organized meeting far less s current or future planning.

He said getting paid as well as Hart was suppose to, or even more, don’t know if the subvention hasn’t increased or changed..

The dictator refuses to release info... but he’s being paid well and doing way less than Hart aka Midas man

Yes it would be enough, we had 5 coaches much more capable than Lawrence submit, so if they submitted based on that subvention then of course we can afford it...

First things first, get rid of the dictator, why hire a new coach with him still there? That makes no sense, if he’s gone, Hart will come back, he has unfinished business...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 24, 2019, 02:59:54 PM »
Most people would have handed in resignations left right and centre,this lot have no shame,no dignity and shows no remorse.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 24, 2019, 06:37:05 PM »
TT goalie, coach disappointed by humiliating loss

by Joel Bailey
Trinidad Newsday

TT GOALKEEPER Marvin Phillip and coach Dennis Lawrence both expressed disappointment after the team’s 6-0 humiliation by the United States in their Concacaf Gold Cup Group D fixture on Saturday evening.

According to Phillip, “It’s absolutely embarrassing for us. We knew what was at stake, but we just didn’t show up.”

TT were beaten by Panama 2-0 in their opening game last Tuesday, and needed to avoid defeat against the reigning champs US to stay alive in the competition.

The 34-year-old goalie noted, “We had a reasonable first half but there was a period in the second half, about 25 minutes, when we just lost structure (and) shape. When you meet teams like the US, they would take advantage of those situations.”

TT will end their Gold Cup campaign on Wednesday against Guyana and Phillip said, “We need to do a rain-check on ourselves and try to play for some pride.”

Lawrence suffered his 15th defeat as TT coach since taking over from Belgian Tom Saintfiet in January 2017.

During the post-match media conference, he said, “We have to change (our) mentality. We have to learn to stand up and fight.”

He added, “We lost concentration, we started to go gung-ho to see if we can get back in the game. That’s not the way we do things. You have to stay organised.”

Experienced midfielder Kevin Molino and Joevin Jones started the game on the bench, and Lawrence explained, “Molino just came off a (knee) injury. I have to protect the players and ensure that I don’t push them at the wrong time.”

Referring to the forthcoming Guyana match, Lawrence pointed out, “There will definitely be changes. We need to put this behind our backs as quickly as possible.”

A pair of ex-national players were both scathing in their views, on Facebook, of Saturday’s result.

Former TT women team’s skipper Maylee Attin-Johnson wrote, “They love to say ‘I want to give back to my country’. Their supporters love to say ‘he/she patriotic’. I would say, these people love to use patriotism conveniently. Let’s see how patriotic the coach is. I hope he does the honourable thing and resign.”

Attin-Johnson added, “To the players, you must take blame as well. There is so much a coach can do. Fitness is something that you as a player can control and as a professional coming to a national team a coach shouldn’t have to focus on getting you fit. Effort is something a coach cannot teach you, that’s a personal choice.

“I do not care if you have beef with a coach, a player or a federation. Once you decide to don the red, black and white, and walk out on that field, nothing else should matter but playing with maximum effort and pride.”

Lawrence’s former TT teammate, goalkeeper Kelvin Jack wrote, “I can talk about the schoolboy errors made by the players and their shocking naivety. I can talk about tactics or lack of tactical awareness. I can talk about our lack of technical ability. I do have a slight bit of sympathy for Lawrence but ultimately he must shoulder responsibility for on-field matters; only to a point though.. his record is abysmal however he lacks many tools.

“David John-Williams is the president of the TTFA (TT Football Association) and it is truly astonishing how his ineptitude and depressing lack of vision has not caused TT football fans to launch a mass protest demanding his resignation.”

Lawrence, the former TT central defender, has a record of five victories, five drawn results and 15 losses during his time at the helm.
Look Loy said, “In terms of the immediate situation, I cannot understand how Lawrence could pick a 23-man squad, included one forward (Shahdon Winchester) who hasn’t seen the field yet, rely on midfielders to score and your two leading goalscoring midfielders (Molino and Joevin Jones) are on the bench. We are the only team in the tournament not to have scored a goal at this point.

We concede goals exactly the same way. Our biggest weakness is marking in the (penalty) box.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 24, 2019, 10:17:34 PM »
If DL resign he will gain a lot respect me and many others.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2019, 12:48:01 AM »
Marvin you have some nerve. that first goal would have been saved with relative ease by any agile young GK and if that wasn’t bad enough that third goal by none other than that over rated shit hound gyasi zardes who only scored because you were way off your line like you’ve grown accustomed too over the years of your many poor performances and terrible decisions.

had that been a good proficient custodian he would have been closer to his goal line which would have given him the ability to push that shot over bars and perform a basic save. look at any world class championship team, one if their major assets and keys to success is that they have a capable man between the uprights.

a dynamic smart capable goalie makes all the difference and it’s a teams last line of defence. in the Panama game you charged off your line missed your target completely only to trip up your defender who was challenging the attacker who probably would not have gotten a clean shot off had you not get in the way.

it would have served you better if you had cut off the angle and stayed in goal, it’s terrible decisions like that kept yourself and Jan from playing in any major league around the world. you guys never seem to improve over the last 10 years and instead stayed making the same ole basic errors.

90% of the times that we’ve conceded an excessive amount of goals you were between the sticks and that’s no accident. you leave your defenders to run wild, your positioning is flawed and you just all round make rash decisions. again, thanks for your service marvin but it’s time to give the youths a chance. have some pride mate and retire. You’re not good enough for this level.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:29:07 AM by pull stones »

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2019, 09:23:45 AM »
Marvin you have some nerve. that first goal would have been saved with relative ease by any agile young GK and if that wasn’t bad enough that third goal by none other than that over rated shit hound gyasi zardes who only scored because you were way off your line like you’ve grown accustomed too over the years of your many poor performances and terrible decisions.

had that been a good proficient custodian he would have been closer to his goal line which would have given him the ability to push that shot over bars and perform a basic save. look at any world class championship team, one if their major assets and keys to success is that they have a capable man between the uprights.

a dynamic smart capable goalie makes all the difference and it’s a teams last line of defence. in the Panama game you charged off your line missed your target completely only to trip up your defender who was challenging the attacker who probably would not have gotten a clean shot off had you not get in the way.

it would have served you better if you had cut off the angle and stayed in goal, it’s terrible decisions like that kept yourself and Jan from playing in any major league around the world. you guys never seem to improve over the last 10 years and instead stayed making the same ole basic errors.

90% of the times that we’ve conceded an excessive amount of goals you were between the sticks and that’s no accident. you leave your defenders to run wild, your positioning is flawed and you just all round make rash decisions. again, thanks for your service marvin but it’s time to give the youths a chance. have some pride mate and retire. You’re not good enough for this level.

Marvin Phillip has served our national team and represented our colours and has given his best, I thank him for his service. He's an excellent shot stopper but his game has flaws in my humble opinion. These flaws are not readily apparent because he does make excellent saves and often times keeps us in some games. However, his positioning is wildly off at times, either he does not control/communicate with the back line or they simply don't listen to him, he goes to ground way too easily at times. He can look spectacular at times but that's because he's making last ditch saves, often not his fault but the defenders. I hope Greg Ranjitsingh gets an opportunity in the next game.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2019, 10:04:26 AM »
DL needs to resign or be released because his record is abysmal and he has proven to be an incapable coach NOT because they got 6 from the USA.

His overall record is poor

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2019, 02:22:11 PM »
DL, do the honorable thing and resign. It's not working out. This is rubbish football.
15 Losses, 5 wins and 5 draws. From quarter finals of GC and Hex to out in the group stages without scoring a single goal. Kiss group A and B goodbye in the Concacaf nations league and kiss the Hex goodbye. Without rankings in FIFA, all our players will remain in the rubbish league with Dennis Lawrence the failure coach that won't resign. Talk about Hero to Villain.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:31:49 PM by SWO_TNTFAN »

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2019, 03:07:47 PM »
Greetings all..havent posted in a while.. based on our gold cup performances i dont think DL is the problem these group of guys simply not good enough. Most are plying their trade in the pro league which the quality of ball is not good. Others play in the 2nd and 3rd division in leagues overseas. When you match this current side against quality oposition we are not going to win. Wont be suprise if guyana beat us they actually scored 2 goals. DL needs to start looking at another pool of players.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2019, 04:47:50 PM »
Then, why hire a foreign coach if the primary material is not of serviceable quality?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 25, 2019, 06:55:22 PM »
@ Trinisupporter

What's the difference between the 2013 and 2015 Gold cup squad? Not much. Many of the players who playing in this gold cup also played in 2013 and 2015.

There are some main differences:

- no Kenwynne
- no Boucaud (I would have brought him into the Gold cup squad without hesitation..)
- no Jan Williams (which was fine)
- no Bateau (which explains the disjointed defence)
- no Guerra, Abu Bakr, etc..
- And of course no Hart (which says a lot)

Overall the majority of the players who were on the 2015 gold cup team are also on this team.

So my question to you trinisupporter is how were the 2015 and 2013 squads able to challenge the likes of Mexico and Panama, if they are simply not good enough? In fact Phillips is the only Pro league player that started on Saturday. There were more players playing in the pro leage in 2013 when we made the gold cup knock out.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:57:25 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 25, 2019, 08:11:50 PM »
You talking too much sense gawd on pitch
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 25, 2019, 08:15:52 PM »
@ Trinisupporter

What's the difference between the 2013 and 2015 Gold cup squad? Not much. Many of the players who playing in this gold cup also played in 2013 and 2015.

- no Kenwynne
- no Boucaud (I would have brought him into the Gold cup squad without hesitation..)

Overall the majority of the players who were on the 2015 gold cup team are also on this team.

So my question to you trinisupporter is how were the 2015 and 2013 squads able to challenge the likes of Mexico and Panama, if they are simply not good enough? In fact Phillips is the only Pro league player that started on Saturday. There were more players playing in the pro leage in 2013 when we made the gold cup knock out.

No one in here can deny the coaching is major difference between what we seeing now at this year GC compare to the 2013 and 2015 Gold Cups. Yes we have a systematic problem where the TTFA and DJW can be held responsible for not improving but the coaching failure is clear for even Stevie Wonder to see
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 09:49:09 PM by Sando prince »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 25, 2019, 11:01:22 PM »

Marvin Phillip has served our national team and represented our colours and has given his best, I thank him for his service. He's an excellent shot stopper but his game has flaws in my humble opinion. These flaws are not readily apparent because he does make excellent saves and often times keeps us in some games. However, his positioning is wildly off at times, either he does not control/communicate with the back line or they simply don't listen to him, he goes to ground way too easily at times. He can look spectacular at times but that's because he's making last ditch saves, often not his fault but the defenders. I hope Greg Ranjitsingh gets an opportunity in the next game.
I mean no disrespect to Marvin but that guy never won a meaningful game for us at anytime and whenever i see him in a competitive game for us i know automatically we’re going to concede and concede stupid goals at that. it’s very hard for him to keep a clean sheet because as you mentioned he’s clueless at positioning himself.  the reason why most people think he’s good is because he has great reflexes and makes some dynamic saves, but so did jan shaka and kelvin, IMO he’s nothing special.

It’s no mistake that the man never made it to any of the leagues around the world, not even an MLS team took a chance on the bloke because he has zero quality. I was happy when him and Jan retired last year only to have the man back again when we already have three younger goal keepers. please marvin go back into retirement we’re good in the GK department.

PS. and that dummy dennis can’t seem to see that with his thick self.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:22:19 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 25, 2019, 11:11:33 PM »
DL, do the honorable thing and resign. It's not working out. This is rubbish football.
15 Losses, 5 wins and 5 draws. From quarter finals of GC and Hex to out in the group stages without scoring a single goal. Kiss group A and B goodbye in the Concacaf nations league and kiss the Hex goodbye. Without rankings in FIFA, all our players will remain in the rubbish league with Dennis Lawrence the failure coach that won't resign. Talk about Hero to Villain.
in all fairness to dennis the man has been playing pure away games mate. Him and the team had to do some rough traveling away from home in the orient in the middle east and in europe, how the hell hes going to have a good record playing so far away from home on every fifa date, and that’s because the federation has no money to host anyone. my beef with dennis is that he insist with players who has shown that they’re incapable and ignores players who could possibly make a difference.

I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 11:14:15 PM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 25, 2019, 11:19:36 PM »
@ Trinisupporter

- no Kenwynne

chile won two copa americas back to back and the next year failed to qualify for the world cup, things like that does happen. I would like to think that the lads don’t want to reward DJW so they don’t give it their all, and who would want too, the man is a pig. I think once DJW is out the picture things would change.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 26, 2019, 08:22:36 AM »
in all fairness to dennis the man has been playing pure away games mate. Him and the team had to do some rough traveling away from home in the orient in the middle east and in europe, how the hell hes going to have a good record playing so far away from home on every fifa date, and that’s because the federation has no money to host anyone. my beef with dennis is that he insist with players who has shown that they’re incapable and ignores players who could possibly make a difference.

I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.

This team is screaming out for a physically strong hold up player like Boatswain up top. That's why he was not even included in the 40 man provisional squad. This team knocks the ball sideways at the back (I guess our version of possession football) and then lumps it forward to either Nathan Lewis, Molino or Garcia. None of which plays that type of football. Almost always they don't win the header or are out muscled by the opposition defense.

Imagine Curacao, Martinique, Guyana and Bermuda have all scored goals and looked more organised than we have.  :'(

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 26, 2019, 10:44:38 AM »
Then, why hire a foreign coach if the primary material is not of serviceable quality?

Spend that foreign coach money on coach education and regional centers.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 26, 2019, 10:49:46 AM »

It worked for Iceland! But it must be a long term project starting with the youths and the coaches must have an open mind.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 26, 2019, 10:53:25 AM »

This team is screaming out for a physically strong hold up player like Boatswain up top. That's why he was not even included in the 40 man provisional squad. This team knocks the ball sideways at the back (I guess our version of possession football) and then lumps it forward to either Nathan Lewis, Molino or Garcia. None of which plays that type of football. Almost always they don't win the header or are out muscled by the opposition defense.

Imagine Curacao, Martinique, Guyana and Bermuda have all scored goals and looked more organised than we have.  :'(
when you’re right you’re right. dennis not only overlooked boatswain he also flew past Ranjitsingh and powder. What a stubourne feller he is.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 26, 2019, 10:57:31 AM »

Dan now I know fuh sure you on shit!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 26, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »

We have to learn how to play a long driven air ball with and without back spin. Them high, slow, floating ball forward is the worst thing I see.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 26, 2019, 02:30:09 PM »

We have to learn how to play a long driven air ball with and without back spin. Them high, slow, floating ball forward is the worst thing I see.

We lack overall technique and football IQ. Plan should be to instill this at youth level and come up with a long term plan. Seems like the administration has no desire to do this and are only interested in enriching themselves. We are in really bad shape
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 26, 2019, 02:34:16 PM »

It worked for Iceland! But it must be a long term project starting with the youths and the coaches must have an open mind.

Good luck wid flickin dat. Handful of progressives.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 26, 2019, 06:05:42 PM »
Greetings to one and all. Supa & De Enterprise, we still alive. We not on the posting vibes, just read up as a guest and keep it moving. But this T&T team playing right now, I had to bust a quick post. I know Lawrence for me is a topic for another day. But damn the finishing by our forwards is really unacceptable. I don't know if we have specifically working with the forwards on their movements, finishing, etc, but it's embarrassing to look at. HIGHLY BLESSED.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

1]; } ?>