March 28, 2024, 01:14:29 PM

Author Topic: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.  (Read 59483 times)

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Dennis Lawrence Thread.
« Reply #270 on: June 26, 2019, 06:40:28 PM »
People here saying that we lack this, and aint have that. Allyuh remember that the core players of this current team played in 2013 and 2015. Many of them are playing on better teams since 2013. So how all of a sudden they cant beat Guyana? There is a correlation between DJW coming into the administration and the results. That's where we have to start. .

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 26, 2019, 06:51:00 PM »
Plain talk
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 26, 2019, 06:54:54 PM »
Something in the camp is definitely wrong and needs investigating.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 26, 2019, 06:57:50 PM »
People here saying that we lack this, and aint have that. Allyuh remember that the core players of this current team played in 2013 and 2015. Many of them are playing on better teams since 2013. So how all of a sudden they cant beat Guyana? There is a correlation between DJW coming into the administration and the results. That's where we have to start. .

Start there and get rid of Dennis while we there.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 26, 2019, 07:02:32 PM »
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 26, 2019, 07:24:53 PM »

g.o.p. did you really watch this team. They just lack everything.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 07:32:02 PM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 26, 2019, 07:47:58 PM »
I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.

Dan now I know fuh sure you on shit!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
he looked more likely to score than jamol and winchester that’s for sure.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 26, 2019, 07:51:31 PM »
PS. fire dennis lawrence right now. he’s too bloody stubborn and pig headed.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 26, 2019, 08:12:04 PM »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 26, 2019, 08:14:30 PM »

g.o.p. did you really watch this team. They just lack everything.

Yes meh brother. I'm referring to the previous gold cups and the fact that we basically have the same team there. I dont think that everybody on the team just start playing bad. That team I seen this evening, had no plan. Tactics, strategy.. nothing. No brand. And I can go on..

We all know that the development and infrastructure in TT aint really conducive to football. Yes the TTFA is to blame. But I think the issue is greater than 11 men on the field who just regressing all of a sudden.

Utmost respect to DL. But he would stand a better chance without DJW and his cronies in the picture. Still, he would be a better assistant coach than a head coach.

We calling for DL to resign.. but who should replace him is the sad question? I'm sure many might call for Hart to come back, but that ain't happening with DJW in the white house.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:21:06 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 26, 2019, 09:04:25 PM »
Look at this shit

Ignorant stubborn and shameless

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/ttfa-boss-im-pleased-with-coach-lawrence-6.2.873110.fdf56f6e29
that man is a real pig of a man, we have won nothing under his tenure, women’s ,men’s, boys. he’s a real friken hex.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2019, 03:16:00 AM »
Elections are in a few months, vote him out, his personality and type isn't uncommon in our society, so pray we get a minority personality to replace him....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2019, 08:07:18 AM »
TTFA boss: I'm pleased with coach Lawrence.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

"That's foot­ball."

This was the first of­fi­cial re­sponse from T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent David John-Williams to the So­ca War­riors' de­mor­al­is­ing 6-0 de­feat by the Unit­ed States at the CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup last Sat­ur­day in the USA.

Speak­ing to Guardian Me­dia Sports dur­ing a vis­it by US Em­bassy of­fi­cials yes­ter­day, John-Williams made it clear that he was pleased that the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion gave the team max­i­mum prepa­ra­tion ahead of the Gold Cup.

"When we knocked the US out of the World Cup it was the same thing that hap­pened, a pub­lic out­cry. In all the Gold Cups we would have par­tic­i­pat­ed in, we have reached the semi­fi­nal once and the quar­ter­fi­nal once, so we have nev­er re­al­ly had a good his­to­ry in the Gold Cup."

John-Williams added, "Un­der this ad­min­is­tra­tion, we have de­lib­er­ate­ly said that we are go­ing to build from the ground up. I have said it, from the first day of my tenure, but I will close by say­ing watch our un­der-15s play Mex­i­co, Venezuela and Pana­ma come Ju­ly. I think it will be some­thing in­ter­est­ing for the pub­lic to see where we have been chan­nelling our en­er­gies."

Mean­while, coach Den­nis Lawrence is set to stay on at the helm of the na­tion­al foot­ball team de­spite calls for his head fol­low­ing Sat­ur­day's em­bar­rass­ing de­feat.

On a CNC3 sports pro­gramme on Tues­day night, Ter­ry Fen­wick, a for­mer San Juan Jabloteh and Cen­tral FC coach, lashed out at John-Williams and called for both Lawrence and John-Williams to re­sign.

Fen­wick, who was the front-run­ner for the top coach­ing job but missed out to Lawrence more than two years ago, said the lo­cal foot­ball boss should be blamed for the dis­ap­point­ing re­sults to the US and Pana­ma, as well as the poor state of lo­cal foot­ball.

But John-Williams yes­ter­day said he has a lot of faith in Lawrence.

"At the end of the day, he does not have to put the ball be­hind the net and nei­ther do I. I think we played rel­a­tive­ly well against the US for 65 min­utes and it went all down­hill af­ter we con­ced­ed the sec­ond goal."

He added, "Foot­ball is about mo­ments and that mo­ment when Levi Gar­cia missed that op­por­tu­ni­ty, we're not cru­ci­fy­ing him for it, but it would have been a dif­fer­ent ball game. So in T&T, there will be that out­cry for that de­feat but we can­not hang our heads and say die, but we have got to move on."

He, in fact, praised Lawrence as a good coach.

"He is a pro­fes­sion­al and well-trained coach, who is al­so one of a few UE­FA coach­es in T&T. Den­nis has coached at the high­est lev­el and I have a lot of faith in Den­nis," John-Williams con­clud­ed.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2019, 09:13:29 AM »
Wow. Lawrence ent resign yet. Was expecting it last night or first thing this morning.
Don't tell me he cut from the same cloth as DJW and that kind of ilk

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2019, 09:13:43 AM »
TTFA boss: I'm pleased with coach Lawrence.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

"That's foot­ball."

This was the first of­fi­cial re­sponse from T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion pres­i­dent David John-Williams to the So­ca War­riors' de­mor­al­is­ing 6-0 de­feat by the Unit­ed States at the CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup last Sat­ur­day in the USA.

Speak­ing to Guardian Me­dia Sports dur­ing a vis­it by US Em­bassy of­fi­cials yes­ter­day, John-Williams made it clear that he was pleased that the foot­ball as­so­ci­a­tion gave the team max­i­mum prepa­ra­tion ahead of the Gold Cup.

"When we knocked the US out of the World Cup it was the same thing that hap­pened, a pub­lic out­cry. In all the Gold Cups we would have par­tic­i­pat­ed in, we have reached the semi­fi­nal once and the quar­ter­fi­nal once, so we have nev­er re­al­ly had a good his­to­ry in the Gold Cup."

John-Williams added, "Un­der this ad­min­is­tra­tion, we have de­lib­er­ate­ly said that we are go­ing to build from the ground up. I have said it, from the first day of my tenure, but I will close by say­ing watch our un­der-15s play Mex­i­co, Venezuela and Pana­ma come Ju­ly. I think it will be some­thing in­ter­est­ing for the pub­lic to see where we have been chan­nelling our en­er­gies."

Mean­while, coach Den­nis Lawrence is set to stay on at the helm of the na­tion­al foot­ball team de­spite calls for his head fol­low­ing Sat­ur­day's em­bar­rass­ing de­feat.

On a CNC3 sports pro­gramme on Tues­day night, Ter­ry Fen­wick, a for­mer San Juan Jabloteh and Cen­tral FC coach, lashed out at John-Williams and called for both Lawrence and John-Williams to re­sign.

Fen­wick, who was the front-run­ner for the top coach­ing job but missed out to Lawrence more than two years ago, said the lo­cal foot­ball boss should be blamed for the dis­ap­point­ing re­sults to the US and Pana­ma, as well as the poor state of lo­cal foot­ball.

But John-Williams yes­ter­day said he has a lot of faith in Lawrence.

"At the end of the day, he does not have to put the ball be­hind the net and nei­ther do I. I think we played rel­a­tive­ly well against the US for 65 min­utes and it went all down­hill af­ter we con­ced­ed the sec­ond goal."

He added, "Foot­ball is about mo­ments and that mo­ment when Levi Gar­cia missed that op­por­tu­ni­ty, we're not cru­ci­fy­ing him for it, but it would have been a dif­fer­ent ball game. So in T&T, there will be that out­cry for that de­feat but we can­not hang our heads and say die, but we have got to move on."

He, in fact, praised Lawrence as a good coach.

"He is a pro­fes­sion­al and well-trained coach, who is al­so one of a few UE­FA coach­es in T&T. Den­nis has coached at the high­est lev­el and I have a lot of faith in Den­nis," John-Williams con­clud­ed.

DJW will an ignorant bastard...

Beating de USA just for bragging rights for T&T, it was meaningless for us and it was a fluke probably could never happen again a year later de US came back and hit we 6 with some inexperience players.

Lawrence played in two gold cups and he did NOT qualify for the  team for any.

What did Lawrence accomplish since he got this job.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 27, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »
I don’t understand why he has isolated boatswain, that lad had some potential and looked dangerous every time he plays yet he sticks with one dimensional winchester and Nathan Lewis who in all his competitive starts can’t find a single goal. he has all but ignored Greg Ranjitsingh who I’m sure is much better than the two goats we have, when will he give the lad a shot? it’s things like this that infuriates me about dennis lawrence.

Dan now I know fuh sure you on shit!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
he looked more likely to score than jamol and winchester that’s for sure.
I will give you that one lol. I remember Botswain looking promising making people talk rubbish about him replacing KJ. And just as quickly as that talk start it boil dong like baghee. Botswain looked like he could develop into something similar to KJ but all it was, was potential. Nothing more, nothing less!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: June 27, 2019, 09:29:57 AM »
Ever since Look Loy fire Z Vanes it was all down hill for this team nobody was able to bring the team back to that level again.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: June 27, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
Wow. Lawrence ent resign yet. Was expecting it last night or first thing this morning.

Well, pretty soon he will touch down at Piarco. From de time he land, public sentiment will touch him. De man in de streets will talk.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #289 on: July 02, 2019, 01:32:38 AM »
Look Loy calls for new T&T coach, players
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

FORMER MALICK Secondary team coach and FIFA Development Officer Keith Look Loy is calling for changes within the T&T men’s football team, on and off the field.

Look Loy made this plea during an interview on Thursday, following T&T’s disappointing showing at the Concacaf Gold Cup in the United States.

In Group D, T&T finished with one point, after a 1-1 draw with Guyana on Wednesday. They were beaten 2-0 by Panama on June 18 and 6-0 by hosts US four days later.

“I think the squad was poorly selected, the starting teams were poorly selected and (T&T coach Dennis) Lawrence is contradicting himself,” said Look Loy, who is the owner/president of FC Santa Rosa. “It’s evident that he’s guessing as he goes along.

“It’s clear that we not only need a new coach but some new players,” Look Loy added. “We need some younger players who are ambitious to try and achieve something, to make a name for themselves. Some of them are in the squad already.

“This is what the Olympic qualifying tournament (this month) would have done. It would have given those younger boys a chance to show why they could have been included in the Nations League in September. That chance is gone. But we need a new coach and we need some new players.”

Commenting on the Guyana encounter, Look Loy said, “The result saved us the total embarrassment of not getting a point (but) it didn’t save us the embarrassment of finishing last in the group.”

Look Loy, an outspoken critic of the TTFA top brass, led by David John-Williams, noted, “The Gold Cup experience under the (David) John-Williams administration was poor. The last time around in 2017, we didn’t qualify and, this time around in 2019, we had this disaster, finishing last in a group behind a country ranked 177th in the world. That’s a national disgrace.”

The TTFA board member continued, “The bigger issue of the suitability of Lawrence. We have now played 23 matches under his hands and we’ve won four. I see the president of the TTFA talking about how he’s satisfied. I find this contemptuous of public opinion. You’re reading the social media. The public is in revolt against this. The public is demanding that both he and Lawrence should leave.

“People are saying that (John-Williams) wasn’t satisfied when (former coach Stephen) Hart lost two games but now you’re satisfied. It is so ludicrous.

“The TTFA would be hard-pressed to dismiss (Lawrence) because they cannot pay him off. I want to call on Lawrence to do the honourable thing to admit that the task is bigger than his abilities and to make way for somebody else to be appointed. If (he) was in a club, in any part of the world, he would have been long gone.”

Before the Gold Cup began, the TTFA announced a deal with kit sponsor Capelli.

According to Look Loy, “(On Wednesday), during the broadcast, the (Fox Sports) commentators are talking about the introduction of Capelli as the new kit sponsor of the TTFA and calling it ‘shirt gate’. The name of TT football and the TTFA is being dragged through the mud by this administration. We’re being disgraced all around.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2019, 06:14:56 PM »

Well, pretty soon he will touch down at Piarco. From de time he land, public sentiment will touch him. De man in de streets will talk.

Well boy he had press conference today. I really ent look for him here nah. Shameless. The man actually attack Look Loy record rather than look at his own failings. It make me remember that he was one of them who take Jack deal back in the days. I shame he is a Barataria Ball Players veteran. Shame I tell yuh.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2019, 06:17:51 PM »
Lawrence lashes back at Look Loy

http://guardian.co.tt/sports/lawrence-lashes-back-at-look-loy-6.2.878787.e485f4a7a0

WAL­TER AL­IBEY

wal­ter.al­ibey@guardian.co.tt

T&T's na­tion­al foot­ball coach Den­nis Lawrence has lashed back at Kei­th Look Loy, a mem­ber of the board of the T&T Foot­ball As­so­ci­a­tion who has said pub­licly that he (Lawrence) should step down fol­low­ing the coun­try's hor­ren­dous CON­CA­CAF Gold Cup per­for­mance.

Speak­ing at a press con­fer­ence at the Na­tion­al Cy­cling Cen­tre (NCC) in Bal­main, Cou­va, on Wednes­day, Lawrence, who ad­mit­ted that cer­tain things could have been done dif­fer­ent­ly to pro­duce bet­ter re­sults, said gen­er­al­ly, he stood by the de­ci­sions he made dur­ing the tour­na­ment with re­gards to team se­lec­tion, among oth­er de­ci­sions he made. He said, how­ev­er, that he feels like he has lost a bat­tle and not the war.

The T&T team fin­ished the tour­na­ment with just one point from three match­es, hav­ing been hu­mil­i­at­ed 6-0 to the USA, los­ing 2-0 to Pana­ma and draw­ing with Guyana 1-1.

How­ev­er, Lawrence took of­fence to calls head­ed by Look Loy, a for­mer na­tion­al play­er and coach, for him to step down, say­ing, "Had I tak­en his ad­vice then, I wouldn't be where I am to­day. When I was 15-years-old, that was the same guy who said to me, you would not make it in foot­ball. I didn't take his ad­vice then.

"In 1998, while serv­ing as Joe Pub­lic's Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor, that team was beat­en 8-0 by DC Unit­ed in the CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­ons Cup, but he (Look Loy) did not re­sign then, in­stead, he got an­oth­er pro­mo­tion."

Ac­cord­ing to Lawrence, Look Loy, the for­mer FC San­ta Rosa coach, was al­so ap­point­ed man­ag­er of the coun­try's youth teams in 1999, where, in three con­sec­u­tive games the side was beat­en by six goals, but still he was pro­mot­ed a sec­ond time to the coun­try's se­nior team as an as­sis­tant, where there were al­so un­favourable re­sults.

Dis­ap­point­ed by Look Loy's in­sis­tence that he is not the man for the T&T coach­ing job, Lawrence said Look Loy was then el­e­vat­ed to the po­si­tion of tech­ni­cal ad­vis­er and ap­point­ed a Ger­man coach who failed to get T&T to the Hex stage of the World Cup Qual­i­fiers.

"To­day he is still in­volved in our foot­ball, mak­ing de­ci­sions," Lawrence said.

Lawrence be­lieves a num­ber of fac­tors con­tributed to his team's poor Gold Cup cam­paign and a vis­it to the Kansas City train­ing cen­tre was con­fir­ma­tion for him that they were punch­ing well above their weight, due to the va­ri­ety of high-tech equip­ment that his play­ers did not have ac­cess to in their dai­ly prepa­ra­tions.

Be­cause of this, Lawrence said he awaits the com­ing on stream of the Home of Foot­ball, from strict­ly a foot­balling stand­point, as it will help with the prepa­ra­tion and de­vel­op­ment of the play­ers. Lawrence said his team was af­fect­ed by a range of is­sues, in­clud­ing play­ers' per­son­al prob­lems, play­er un­avail­abil­i­ty, in­juries, fit­ness and play­ers' men­tal­i­ty, among oth­ers.

Still, he told the me­dia to be beat­en by six goals, four of which came in 12 min­utes, was not nor­mal.

"Our prob­lem has been us in pos­ses­sion of the ball and then just giv­ing it away. For us to com­pete in foot­ball, we must man­age the game bet­ter."

Lawrence said he is hope­ful he will be pre­sent­ed with a wider pool of play­ers to pick from in the fu­ture, as well as a core group of lo­cal play­ers from the Pro League. He said he will keep a close eye on the com­ing pre-sea­son Pro­fes­sion­al Tour­na­ment lat­er this month, from which he in­tends to choose play­ers for the Na­tions League in Sep­tem­ber.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2019, 06:40:25 PM »
poor.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2019, 07:50:32 PM »
"In 1998, while serv­ing as Joe Pub­lic's Tech­ni­cal Di­rec­tor, that team was beat­en 8-0 by DC Unit­ed in the CON­CA­CAF Cham­pi­ons Cup, ...."

Saw that game. It was real bad. They were ripped apart. It was disappointing because the previous year, Petrotrin battled DC United and succumb to a late goal. So we were expecting something more from Joe P. But DL that was then. This now.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2019, 08:38:32 PM »
poor.

Doh bite yuh tongue, kounty. Gih we some more nah.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2019, 09:31:45 PM »

Well boy he had press conference today. I really ent look for him here nah. Shameless. The man actually attack Look Loy record rather than look at his own failings. It make me remember that he was one of them who take Jack deal back in the days. I shame he is a Barataria Ball Players veteran. Shame I tell yuh.

I must have been asleep, when he sweat for BBP?   Now plenty ah we shame

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2019, 05:09:04 PM »

What do you expect from a sell out? Empathy?  :rotfl:

The whole thing was a sabotage of our wc campaign with Hart...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 06, 2019, 08:26:41 AM »
poor.

sorry. I was willing to stick with him up to this point. (even, reluctantly, into a new administration if we lucky enough to get one in November--especially considering budget issues). Is okay to get 6. That in itself is no scene. Look even the mighty Brazil on the biggest stage get humiliated, which didn't mean that overnight everybody & coach turned sh!thounds. But that response took no ownership of the tactical shortcomings that has been obvious for a while now - with a big spotlight to exaggerate now. Just poor. He push me off the edge dey.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 04:43:50 PM by kounty »

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 06, 2019, 02:34:58 PM »
First time I see a national coach of any country clearly reject the notion of him stepping down knowing he has a very poor record as coach, knowing the style of football he has his players playing will not be successful (Gold cup was a testimony of that) and instea dof taking blame he blame others... :D

Only in Trinidad

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 06, 2019, 10:21:27 PM »
poor.

sorry. I was willing to stick with him up to this point. (even, reluctantly, into a new administration if we lucky enough to get one in November--especially considering budget issues). Is okay to get 6. That in itself is no scene. Look even the mighty Brazil on the biggest stage get humiliated, which didn't mean that overnight everybody & coach turned sh!thounds. But that response took no ownership of the tactical shortcomings that has been obvious for a while now - with a big spotlight to exaggerate now. Just poor. He push me off the edge dey.

Precisely. Nuff said.

1]; } ?>