March 28, 2024, 08:20:49 PM

Author Topic: Kerry Baptiste: The forgotten man?  (Read 2033 times)

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Kerry Baptiste: The forgotten man?
« on: March 18, 2013, 08:22:02 PM »
Previously league top scorer, Mr discipline himself, was fit, speedy, captain at Joe Public.
What happened? Did he have an injury that was reported under the radar?
Life changing event?
Did stint in Tampa deflate him.
Did experiment after with TTEC damage his career?
No recent picks to national team.
Will he be back? Is North East Stars using him well? What's going on?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wG_CwgzHHc
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 09:00:22 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Kerry Baptiste: The forgotten man?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 04:58:03 AM »
He drop form badly...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 06:46:09 AM »
He drop form badly...

At some point man does realize that their dreams in football is not going to become
a reality. Especially if you do all the right things & your expectations were very high.
Yes football remains important & they will play, but deep down the fire
is no longer present.
Making it in this game has a hugh element of luck attached to it. Just look a Latapy's
story.
 Hopefully he will begin to enjoy his game once again.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Goal scoring machine Kerry Baptiste lashes a brace ....
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 06:57:46 AM »
BraveHart take note :beermug:

Army edge ‘forces’ derby
By Ian Prescott (TT Express).

DEFENDING CHAMPIONS Defence Force were workmanlike rather than spectacular when winning the protective forces derby, and picking up three points against Police in the Digicel Pro League on Friday night.
There was also a 1-1 stalemate between tightly-matched North East Stars and Central FC in the second match at the Marvin Lee Stadium (MLS) . At Couva, previously out-of-form striker Keyon Edwards netted a hat-trick as Caledonia AIA got a second win of the season. They beat the bottom team St Ann’s Rangers 6-1 to move third, while newcomers Point Fortin Civic FC suffered a third straight defeat after winning their opening three matches. The deep South boys were beaten 3-1 by San Juan Jabloteh, with the league’s top-scorer Kerry Baptiste getting two more goals.
Still, Civic remain second, because except for consistent and still perfect table-toppers W Connection (15 points), the Pro League remains very competitive, with the rest of teams regularly taking points from each other.
At the MLS, Defence Force assistant-coach and former T&T midfielder Marvin Gordon took charge in the absence of head coach Ross Russell, who is in Colombia with the National Under-15 boys. Russell missed seeing his charges win 2-1. They got the winner in the 66th from Jerwyn Baltazar, who planted a powerful, low shot from atop the penalty area.
The Army had marginally the better of a sedate first half, which saw left wide midfielder Kevon Carter produce the lone goal in the 15th minute, when he stroked in the rebound after his initial header from Jemel Sebro’s cross came off the foot of the upright.
Akiba Peters had a good chance to pull Police level in the 38th, but put the ball wide from an angle when he might have done better, and Josimar Belgrave also blazed over from close up instead of just giving the Army a second goal on the stroke of halftime, following good build-up play between Carter and overlapping right defender Marvin Jones.
Police threatened to rewrite the script early in the second half when they had a least two good chances. Elijah Belgrave looked sure to pull the lawmen level in the 49th when bearing down menacingly on the Army goal. But with keeper Kevin Graham in sight, Belgrave hesitated and allowed a defender to toe-poke the ball away. However, Belgrave (E) made up for the error big time in the 58th minute when he powered a free-kick into the top corner from atop the penalty area, to level the match at 1-1.
The shock of that Police equaliser seemed to awaken the sleeping Army, and there was almost an immediate reply through Rondell Elcock’s downward header which was just a little too close to Police keeper Adrian Foncette. Seconds later, Foncette was forced into action again, producing a flying save to stop Richard Roy’s shot. But the Police custodian had no answer when Sebro cut the ball back to the top of the penalty area and Baltazar cut loose.
With three minutes left, Police’s Anton Hutchinson headed Peters’ cross onto the Defence Force crossbar with keeper Graham beaten, but they would come no closer.
The Pro League competition will now take a short break for the second knockout tournament of the season, the Toyota Classic, which begins this coming Friday.

FRIDAY’S DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE RESULTS:

(Venue - Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva)
Caledonia AIA 6 (Keyon Edwards 9th, 25th & 46th, Noel Williams 71st, Densil Theobald 72nd, Tyron Charles 84th)
St. Ann’s Rangers 1 (Jumol Harewood 36th)

San Juan Jabloteh 3 (Kerry Baptiste 45th & 62nd, Rennie Britto 52th)
Point Fortin Civic FC 1 (Kelvin Modeste 50th)

(Venue – Marvin Lee Stadium, Macoya)
Defence Force 2 (Kevon Carter 15th, Jerwyn Balthazar 67th)
Police FC 1 (Elijah Belgrave 58th)

North East Stars 1(Anthony Wolfe 72nd)
Central FC 1 (Dwight Quintero 68th)

LATEST DIGICEL PRO LEAGUE STANDINGS:

Team   P   W   D   L   GF   GA   GD   Pts

Direct TV W Connection 5   5   0   0   15   2   13   15
Point Fortin Civic FC   6   3   0   3    7   9   -2   9
Caledonia AIA   6   2   2   2   13   9   4   8
Central FC   5   2   2   1   8   6   2   8
North East Stars   5   2   1   2   7   5   2   7
Police FC   6   2   1   3   11   11   0   7
San Juan Jabloteh   5   2   0   3   14   17     -3   6
Defence Force   5   2   0   3   9   12   -3   6
St. Ann’s Rangers   5   1   0   4   9   22   -13   3

« Last Edit: November 03, 2013, 08:24:32 AM by Flex »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 10:09:47 AM »
Well, while some players are leaving the national fold, there are others dying to put back on the Soca Warrior kit.

Winger Kerry Baptiste has been sidelined for some time now and has not gotten a call up under new coach Stephen Hart.

The Jabloteh ace still feels he has something to contribute to the national team.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/videos/-KERRY-BAPTISTE-2474-232443501.html
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rangers player/assistant Baptiste looks to the future
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2018, 09:47:23 AM »
Rangers player/assistant Baptiste looks to the future
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

KERRY BAPTISTE is looking at life after football, as he embarks in his new role as player/assistant coach at Terminix St Ann’s Rangers.

The 36-year-old striker made his debut for Rangers on Wednesday afternoon, and the team registered a 1-0 victory over Point Fortin Civic in a Pro League Round One Match Day Four contest at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima.

Baptiste joined Central FC as a free agent earlier this year, after a victorious 2017 Pro League season with North East Stars.

Central FC have been plagued with financial difficulties and Baptiste have decided to make the switch to Rangers.

According to Baptiste, “At the end of the day, I can’t play football forever. The sponsor of the team Terminix has a long-term vision – that’s what I’m looking at.”

Baptiste has no hard feelings towards Central FC owner Brent Sancho and coach Stern John, his former national teammates.

“I thank them so much for the opportunity they gave me to play (for the club) again,” said Baptiste, who was also part of Central FC during their league-winning season of 2015-2016. “It’s life. I moved on, I made the decision for me and my family. I’m here to help, to motivate, and do the best that I can for St Ann’s Rangers.”

Asked if his long-term plan is coaching, Baptiste replied, “Yes, because I’ll eventually get into the coaching after I (retire). That’s one of the things I’m willing to do.”

Currently, he’s serving as the assistant to rookie Rangers’ coach Dave Quamina. Quamina, a former San Juan Jabloteh youth team coach, noted, “Me and Kerry go way back. He was my assistant in Jabloteh. He’s a real good human being. He’s not disrespectful. He’s positive.

“I just approached him and he came on board,” Quamina added. “It wasn’t no hard thing for him to do. Kerry is a legend in the league.”

At this moment, Baptiste is not ready to hang up his boots.

“At the end of the day, nobody can tell me when to stop playing,” said the ex-Joe Public forward. “There is a God above. At the end of the day, He gave me the talent. Once I’m fit, healthy and strong, I’ll be playing.”

He is even hopeful of adding to his 51 international caps for the national team.

“It’s always good to represent your country,” Baptiste said. “I know what I can bring to the national team if I do get a call back. But I’m playing my football, if it happens, it happens. I’m enjoying myself.” And Quamina, reflecting on Wednesday’s match, was pleased with the involvement of Baptiste as he earned his first win at the Pro League level.

“It felt good,” said Quamina. “It’s youngsters and we just need to be consistent. I think Kerry helped us a lot with the experience, just being out on the field, and we can take it from there.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>