March 28, 2024, 02:54:48 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (11-Nov-2017)  (Read 9762 times)

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (11-Nov-2017)
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 07:30:45 PM »
Poor, poor performance. Anyone happy with a draw against Grenada have no standards

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2017, 07:31:27 PM »
Ah doh like Dennis as we coach. Bring back Hart

If only your opinion and mine count, we would have Hart back already

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2017, 07:34:35 PM »
Unbelievable.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2017, 07:35:11 PM »
Lawrence has to learn how to adjust to a game and be flexible and not be dogmatic to his game plan. Hodge and Roach had horrible games but they were there at the end.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2017, 07:51:47 PM »
Lawrence has to learn how to adjust to a game and be flexible and not be dogmatic to his game plan. Hodge and Roach had horrible games but they were there at the end.

He has to also understand that T&T need to assert ourselves and not rush (lack composure in front of goal) and get giddy. Those subs were screaming to be made by the 60th min.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Poor, poor performance. Anyone happy with a draw against Grenada have no standards

yeah but I don't get a sense of uproar from the media, so I expect more of the same. Iz like everybody just accept we not even good enough to be a top Caribbean team anymore

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2017, 10:09:08 PM »
Football has been so bad that the media don't really care. But to be honest, we not good enough. And the Grenadians are always psyched up to play their Trini cousins.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 10:13:04 PM by Deeks »

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2017, 10:24:14 PM »
What was the attendance like- Some thing is drastically wrong if we cant beat Grenada with this team that we put on display. Still leaking goals- down 2- nil near the end of the game. Some one's job has to be on the line.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »
What was the attendance like- Some thing is drastically wrong if we cant beat Grenada with this team that we put on display. Still leaking goals- down 2- nil near the end of the game. Some one's job has to be on the line.

From what I heard, about 2,000-2,500.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2017, 12:03:38 AM »
Some of these members are absolutely amazing to me I swear. After one game and some of you are already calling for the coaches scalp? It's a proven fact that we don't match up well with caribbean opposition and struggle tremendously with CFU teams as oppose to the central americans whom we tend to have an easier time with. please give the coach a chance, as it stands we're in the rebuilding phase and the experiment is on. Please be patient folks.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2017, 06:32:46 AM »
shandon baptiste is british brorn
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2017, 08:25:20 AM »
Lawrence for assistant coach. Bring back Hart. Put DJW on a slow boat to China. See all yuh in Qatar 2022.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2017, 08:51:47 AM »
Some of these members are absolutely amazing to me I swear. After one game and some of you are already calling for the coaches scalp? It's a proven fact that we don't match up well with caribbean opposition and struggle tremendously with CFU teams as oppose to the central americans whom we tend to have an easier time with. please give the coach a chance, as it stands we're in the rebuilding phase and the experiment is on. Please be patient folks.

We struggle with CFU teams because we are not good.  We tend to have an easier time with Central Americans, I am not sure what you are saying since we don't beat them either.  I understand your point about giving Lawrence time but at the same time Tite came in and turned around Brazil immediately.  Lawrence with the team a while, had all the WCQ games to iron out stuff so I think it reasonable for people to at least expect us to beat Grenada.  I am not saying Lawrence is Tite and we have the same talent as Brazil, I am saying we should at least be able to beat Grenada by now.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2017, 09:10:53 AM »

Maybe yuh need to check our record against Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico then edit your comment

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »

You serious? After one game? How many games has DL won since taking over? I count 3.

Historically speaking, games against Grenada and similar CFU opposition, used to be a walk in the park. Now we struggling to get a tie.

I feel DL does have a role to play in the national set up. But not as coach. Assistant yes. Hart was the best thing to happen for the national set up since beenie. Bring back Hart. Plain and simple. Get rid of DJW before the Caribbean cup is what the focus should be.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2017, 11:42:00 AM »
. Hart was the best thing to happen for the national set up since beenie. Bring back Hart. Plain and simple. Get rid of DJW before the

Breds, Hart eh coming back. That is, as long as DJW there. Grenada is no longer a walk in the park. They know how Trini play. A lot of their coaches were schooled in TT. That is the same attitude US came with the other day. I am not saying we should not be beating Caribbean teams. But it is not a given as before. This team is not as good as the one that play the US at Ato. Lot of new faces.

But this is a good thing that Grenada almost or should have beaten them. This is good for the young players on the team who have aspirations of going overseas. This should serve as a shock to their psyche. They thinking they could go overseas to play ball, and they can't beat "small island" Grenada. Well that should serve as a wake up call for the players that they "not dey yet". They need to work on their skills. The club coaches should be working to develop them. DL getting the finish product of the pro- league. He has just 4 to 5 days to work with them. Yes he may need to change his approach and find a new way to motivate these guys. But these guys need to work on their skills, physical and intensity. Unfortunately their clubs appear to be falling short in developing them into Carbbean champs.

Our clubs did not even win the CCL. Beaten by a club from a "baseball-loving" country

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2017, 11:44:37 AM »

Maybe yuh need to check our record against Costa Rica, Honduras and Mexico then edit your comment
costa rica and honduras are not the only central american teams in concacaf and dont forget that mexico is geographically in north america. as for my statement, I think folks need to read well before they comment negatively, the words that I use are fitting, i specifically mentioned easier time, not that we beat or dominate them but rather we match up better against compete better play better create more chances etc.

just take into consideration the the past two years, we loss to haiti twice in very crucial games (under Steven hart's tenure) loss to Jamaica at home struggled to beat st vincent away in the qualifiers narrowly got passed barbados was kicked out the gold cup by martinique losses again to haiti and Suriname respecitively at home drew with grenada away early this year losses to Guyana in 2011 has struggled with bermuda tremendously what more evidence do we need to see that we have a problem with faster bigger stronger opponents?

these other teams in the caribbean may not be technically sound but make no mistakes they are bigger faster stronger and more determined than our lads. and all this nonsense about firing the coach because we drew with grenada in a friendly amounts to your trini arrogance, when was Grenada was ever a cake walk? the coach is experimenting with new players and maybe trying to implement a system and folks are comparing him to brazil's coach? you all are too much. :rotfl:.

PS. Steven hart won only one of his last eight games, I didn't hear no one calling for his head especially that 4-0 trashing to klinsman the worst beating we've taken from uncle sam, how quickly we forget. let's be thankful that we have someone willing enough to coach these bunch of goats and instead of crying on the coach we should be throwing our support behind the brother, because lets face it our players are not as good as we imagine and lawrence sure has his work cut out for him.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 11:52:56 AM by pull stones »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2017, 11:58:35 AM »
because we drew with grenada in a friendly is your trini arrogance, when was Grenada was ever a cake walk? the coach is experimenting with new players and maybe trying to implement a system and folks are comparing him to brazil's coach? you all are too much. :rotfl:.

I remember a time when TT club teams would go Grenada and Vincy, and beat the national teams. But I agree with you on this.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
. Hart was the best thing to happen for the national set up since beenie. Bring back Hart. Plain and simple. Get rid of DJW before the

Breds, Hart eh coming back. That is, as long as DJW there. Grenada is no longer a walk in the park. They know how Trini play. A lot of their coaches were schooled in TT. That is the same attitude US came with the other day. I am not saying we should not be beating Caribbean teams. But it is not a given as before. This team is not as good as the one that play the US at Ato. Lot of new faces.

But this is a good thing that Grenada almost or should have beaten them. This is good for the young players on the team who have aspirations of going overseas. This should serve as a shock to their psyche. They thinking they could go overseas to play ball, and they can't beat "small island" Grenada. Well that should serve as a wake up call for the players that they "not dey yet". They need to work on their skills. The club coaches should be working to develop them. DL getting the finish product of the pro- league. He has just 4 to 5 days to work with them. Yes he may need to change his approach and find a new way to motivate these guys. But these guys need to work on their skills, physical and intensity. Unfortunately their clubs appear to be falling short in developing them into Carbbean champs.

Our clubs did not even win the CCL. Beaten by a club from a "baseball-loving" country
well said. these living room coaches are spoiled by champions league and big euro leagues football. ask many of them who are their favorite teams and 90 % of their replies would either favor a euro top 4 team and that is the yard stick test they use to measure our lads. no one dare say jablote joe public or st anns rangers as their favorite team, just ask the locals when last they went to a pro league game or if they even dare to wear a pro league jersey in public. the problem with these guys is that they want it good and they want it now.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2017, 12:17:29 PM »
Prepare yourselves for plenty more of this in the years to come

Kudos to the reported 2000 to 2500 fans that allegedly came out to see the game.  Die hard T&T supporters, family and friends
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2017, 12:27:14 PM »
because we drew with grenada in a friendly is your trini arrogance, when was Grenada was ever a cake walk? the coach is experimenting with new players and maybe trying to implement a system and folks are comparing him to brazil's coach? you all are too much. :rotfl:.

I remember a time when TT club teams would go Grenada and Vincy, and beat the national teams. But I agree with you on this.
that was then this is now. let's face it we only dominated those teams back then because they didn't have it together. but now they have english boys with grendian and vincentian passports guys born and raised in europe playing in their lower leagues who are just as good or better than our lads and more technically sound in the knowledge of the modern game. Grenada and st vincent now have players in the mls and league one and two in england and to compound on that the bulk of their players are playing or have played in our league, in reality we are developing most of the caribbean teams in our very own league and then cry a river when they beat us.

what we need to do is develop our players at a very young age and find ways to bring back football in the communities around the island and get the private sector on board to pump money into football. but no one is seeing this, all they give a dam about is winning and winning pretty, don't they know that winning pretty comes with a huge price tag?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2017, 12:35:19 PM »

Kudos to the reported 2000 to 2500 fans that allegedly came out to see the game.  Die hard T&T supporters, family and friends
here you go with the gloom and doom, why can't we see this as the beginning of the rebuilding process where we have to get down and dirty in the clean up campaign, why not reserve our judgment for later.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2017, 02:01:18 PM »
get the private sector on board to pump money into football

There's  a couple of private companies that sponsoring teams and specific competitions. FCB cup, Intecol and primary school football. There is more, but can't recall off meh head. But do the others want to sponsor? I honestly don't know. And I don't know how how TTFA approaches the business sector to assist in developmental projects. Since I following football, I can't remember companies doing long term football projects. They sponsor teams for uniforms.  Assist teamsgoing abroad, etc. Can't remember developmental projects.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2017, 02:16:24 PM »
first ting dennis need to do is sit down and work out his system......too many formation changes.....some times we have to adapt to counter d opposition but dennis changes the system almost every game....how yuh supposed to have yuh side well drilled in d short time yuh have dem when d team doh even have a consistent shape or even ah base shape dat yuh adjust to fit game situations......

it is very clear dat we still not analyzing teams.........but analysis not really in we blood so, there is that.....steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2017, 04:38:15 PM »

here you go with the gloom and doom, why can't we see this as the beginning of the rebuilding process where we have to get down and dirty in the clean up campaign, why not reserve our judgment for later.
This is not rebuilding,  this is clearly a coach and an FA with no plan for the future. We are calling up players to geta look at them that but these players will be 33 and older by 2022. It makes sense to include young players with seasonned experienced veterans though those veterans will be too old in 2022. These seasoned veterans have so much to share with the young guys that these fringe national  players that will be too old in 2022  do not have. England played Germany a few days ago with a very young squad. We play Grenada with Pro League men that will be too old to compete for 2022. Pure pack a shit

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2017, 08:28:49 PM »
David Lawrence is a great Coach! The man put the USA out of the World Cup. What does it matter if the man knows how to make his team play good football..that doesn't matter at all.

The final score was 2-2 ...so what?

..is a Friendly...

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2017, 09:26:40 PM »

Well said, the days of Guyana, Bermuda, Grenada and some of the other islands being a cake walk are over. In addition, every time the Coach is experimenting in an exhibition anything can happen. Gally struggled with Grenada, Barbados and Guyana a year before 1989 in exhibition games.

At least six of those Grenadians are playing in the UK or the US so they might actually have some quality players who should not be underrated.

I fully expect to beat Gren. in a WC qualifier but truthfully in an exhibition anything can happen.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2017, 09:33:52 PM »

Is it that the other caribbean islands are better or is T&T is much worse than before? I will choose the latter

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2017, 10:20:22 PM »

Is it that the other caribbean islands are better or is T&T is much worse than before?
Both are likely true, and meet somewhere in the middle.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2017, 10:28:08 PM »
People still talking about this tow the line coach and jokey team...

The writing was on the wall over a year ago  :D

1]; } ?>