March 29, 2024, 07:12:09 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (11-Nov-2017)  (Read 9768 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Grenada Game (11-Nov-2017)
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2017, 10:32:11 PM »
Prepare yourselves for plenty more of this in the years to come

Kudos to the reported 2000 to 2500 fans that allegedly came out to see the game.  Die hard T&T supporters, family and friends
here you go with the gloom and doom, why can't we see this as the beginning of the rebuilding process where we have to get down and dirty in the clean up campaign, why not reserve our judgment for later.

The team had already rebuilt and was having success. 

Allyuh puppeteers decide to sabotage the team to use it as dey personal audition stage to try and sell players in the Pro League to make $ fuh deyself.

Now you have the gall to come on here and preach bout rebuilding and patience?

Allyuh must be really feel people dotish in trute.  Your message board name well appropriate.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2017, 11:52:41 PM »

Kudos to the reported 2000 to 2500 fans that allegedly came out to see the game.  Die hard T&T supporters, family and friends
here you go with the gloom and doom, why can't we see this as the beginning of the rebuilding process where we have to get down and dirty in the clean up campaign, why not reserve our judgment for later.

Allyuh puppeteers decide to sabotage the team to use it as dey personal audition stage to try and sell players in the Pro League to make $ fuh deyself.

Allyuh must be really feel people dotish in trute.  Your message board name well appropriate.

That's the truth . . .
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2017, 12:12:25 AM »

you are a very matter of fact kind of poster who post from a very narrow position base on how you see it at the moment and not from a position of knowledge and research, so i am not surprised by your point of view. the same people who's complaining now were not brining up the same concerns last month when we beat the yankees taking into consideration that absolutely nothing has changed. do I hear fair weather fans?

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2017, 12:25:48 AM »

That's the truth . . .
when did that happen? maybe im missing something here. I was somehow under the impression that rebuilding a team takes time and lots of effort and not some fly by night venture. lord give me strength. sigh.

Offline RichGFootball

• ....formerly Richard G. I'm not a newbie. Just new-ish from since Mpurcell days
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2017, 02:50:47 AM »

That's the truth . . .
when did that happen? maybe im missing something here. I was somehow under the impression that rebuilding a team takes time and lots of effort and not some fly by night venture. lord give me strength. sigh.

Go back in history...maybe 18-24 months prior to today's date. Check to see which person was at the helm of the T&T men's senior team. You should need strentgh to ask why are we rebuilding a team that had been in the same rebuilding process almost 2 years prior. Instability is a hell of a thing eh.
Trinidad and Tobago 1st
Everyone else is 2nd

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2017, 03:51:43 AM »
Argument for the sake of argument
How many rebuilding are you going to endure before you have a satisfactory product
We should be building on what was achieved...now I will like to go back futher than two years ago
Lets begin with the aftermath of 2006...yes a different set of characters but with the same dotish mental..all seeking authority while not accepting responsibility....yes the responsibility of where we find ourselves today....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2017, 05:03:13 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-2 draw with Grenada

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VJJIgkiQ4e0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VJJIgkiQ4e0</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2017, 05:41:18 AM »

Tell dem Palos. They really feel people chupid.. The irony is all the players they putting on stage to audition keep falling off the stage making it even harder to sell dem.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2017, 05:49:49 AM »

That's the truth . . .

Go back in history...maybe 18-24 months prior to today's date. Check to see which person was at the helm of the T&T men's senior team. You should need strentgh to ask why are we rebuilding a team that had been in the same rebuilding process almost 2 years prior. Instability is a hell of a thing eh.
ok guys im not on the menu here. I was not the one who brought up the rebuilding argument if my memory serves me right this talk only came up after we failed to qualify and the announcement was made by the coach that the team went into reconstruction mode as of the mexico encounter. all I'm saying is that folks need not bash the coach after a poor game which we tend to do a lot. people are crying for dennis lawrence scalp to bring whom may I presume, another european to take us to the world cup? and when that fail we fire him and move on to the next big name coach, what's next? it's like all you are interested in is going to the world cup and no one cares about fixing the state of our football.

my position is that we give the coach some more time with the team instead of being so eager for favorable results, yes it's a result oriented sport but sometimes you have to creep before you run.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:52:26 AM by pull stones »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2017, 06:02:56 AM »
Pull Stones,  the point being made is that we keep revisiting the rebuilding equation dating back to 06 due to continuous divisive admin actions, Jack and now DJW.  That is the larger part of our issue
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2017, 06:03:10 AM »

That's the truth . . .

Doh waste yuh time with Pull Stones he is a mouth piece for the TTFA, using words like facts without facts. He wanted to give Sainfiet a chance to rebuild too. I am not for firing Dennis but lets be honest his record is  record is poor.

Dennis has coach 12 mataches; Won 3, drawn 2(both Grenada) and Lost 7. The wins against USA and Panama in WCQ, the other a friendly versus Barbados. He lost 6 WCQ games in a row.  Some people still high over eliminating the USA and so silly confusing that for progress and development.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2017, 07:18:57 AM »

you are a very matter of fact kind of poster who post from a very narrow position base on how you see it at the moment and not from a position of knowledge and research, so i am not surprised by your point of view. the same people who's complaining now were not brining up the same concerns last month when we beat the yankees taking into consideration that absolutely nothing has changed. do I hear fair weather fans?

The highlighted above is categorically FALSE
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 07:20:40 AM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2017, 07:44:17 AM »
Looking at the highlights- Thanks to TallMan- we were wasteful in front of goal . Hence the result.
 I was awaiting the Coach's response but he seems to be silent.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2017, 08:22:21 AM »
Looking at the highlights- Thanks to TallMan- we were wasteful in front of goal . Hence the result.

Yes. Had they scored some of the chances, some of these arguments would have been muted. We all need to look at the entire game to come to a conclusion how this team played. What was the possession? Grenada played a counter acting game, and it worked. It appears we were attacking most of the game but did not put away our chances.

As far as rebuilding, what it is allyuh want? After every WC qualification, there is a rebuilding process by every country in the world. Some have more work to do than others. The top 10 to 15 countries are able to easily bring in playing because of their youth system. Our youth is not funtioning right. We still depending on the high school for players.  You all would not believe this, but England, yes Hengland is the hottest thing in Euro. From U-19 to U-15. DId Brazil, Arg, etc do any rebuilding after the Rio WC? They did some. But they have so many good players waiting in line, it is much easier for them. Look at that Dybala kid from Argentina. Gabriel Jesus from Brazil. The Germans have two squads , and the B squad could probably beat anybody, even the A squad on a given day.

This period between now and the next CFU tournament  is the time we should bring younger players. But we need to balance the team.  I willing to give DL the benefit for now. I would like to see what plans the TTFA has for the next CFU tournament. We need a strong team with younger players for that tournamnet. Forget Gold Cup for now. I talking about CFU. How is TTFA and DL going to prepare for this tournament. For this tournament, I hope TTFA demand that players like Garcia, JJ, Molino be available. Because we are not able to beat the Caribbean teams with home based players.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 08:30:52 AM by Deeks »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2017, 12:52:02 PM »

Yes. Had they scored some of the chances, some of these arguments would have been muted. We all need to look at the entire game to come to a conclusion how this team played. What was the possession? Grenada played a counter acting game, and it worked. It appears we were attacking most of the game but did not put away our chances.

As far as rebuilding, what it is allyuh want? After every WC qualification, there is a rebuilding process by every country in the world. Some have more work to do than others. The top 10 to 15 countries are able to easily bring in playing because of their youth system. Our youth is not funtioning right. We still depending on the high school for players.  You all would not believe this, but England, yes Hengland is the hottest thing in Euro. From U-19 to U-15. DId Brazil, Arg, etc do any rebuilding after the Rio WC? They did some. But they have so many good players waiting in line, it is much easier for them. Look at that Dybala kid from Argentina. Gabriel Jesus from Brazil. The Germans have two squads , and the B squad could probably beat anybody, even the A squad on a given day.

This period between now and the next CFU tournament  is the time we should bring younger players. But we need to balance the team.  I willing to give DL the benefit for now. I would like to see what plans the TTFA has for the next CFU tournament. We need a strong team with younger players for that tournamnet. Forget Gold Cup for now. I talking about CFU. How is TTFA and DL going to prepare for this tournament. For this tournament, I hope TTFA demand that players like Garcia, JJ, Molino be available. Because we are not able to beat the Caribbean teams with home based players.
thanks mate i could not have said it any better if i tried and that is what i have been trying to relate. guys want the coach axed because he didn't take us to the world cup but fail to see how much better we have been playing, but i have one question, which coach in the past has been able to beat the usa at full strength in a must win game and was able to take a lead away in mexico with a mexican A team but though unfortunate not to hold on and get the win?

these guys want lawrence gone to bring in whom, another euro brand name to come and train a bunch of unskilled players who lack technical ability? our problem is not coaching because steve hart was a very good coach but lost his last seven games and crucial games at that, so where do we go from here? what we need is administrators and people with ideas to come in and clean up TT football where some serious money could be pumped in the sport which would include fixing the pro league which can generate it's own income.

we have to start from scratch and roll up our sleeves and get serious about football and stop blaming the coaches the problem is not with the coaches but with lack of player development funding and infrastructure, we don't have one youth development program that replenishes the teams from youth level up something that is very common in footballing nations but we expect to beat countries who do. very irrational and unrealistic if you ask me.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:54 PM »
WATCH: Post-match comments from Head Coach Dennis Lawrence following Trinidad and Tobago’s 2-2 draw with Grenada

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JrVQ55_eE7E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JrVQ55_eE7E</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>