March 28, 2024, 04:32:03 AM

Author Topic: 2018 T&T Pro League Thread  (Read 19808 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T Pro League clubs to account for usage of Government subvention
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2018, 07:31:10 AM »
T&T Pro League clubs to account for usage of Government subvention
By Roger Seepersad (T&T Express)

Money is coming to the country’s top football clubs. But they will have to account for how they use every cent.

The Trinidad and Tobago Pro League and new Minister of Sport Shamfa Cudjoe met face-to-face yesterday, and acting League chairman Richard Fakoory is hopeful that clubs will start receiving their monthly subventions of $50,000 from the Sports Company of Trinidad and Tobago (SporTT)as early as next month.

Fakoory described yesterday’s meeting as “very fruitful.” Prior to that, League officials had been in the dark over how the $11.1 million Government allocation over three years—as announced in the Senate by Minister Cudjoe on April 26—and more specifically the $4.8m for this season would be apportioned. But yesterday, Fakoory confirmed the funds would be distributed to the clubs and not the League.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New Pro League season set for June 1 kick-off
« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
New Pro League season set for June 1 kick-off: ‘Once the season starts, players will be happy’
T&T Pro League Media

The FIFA 2018 World Cup in Russia will undoubtedly grab the attention of the world.

But here in Trinidad and Tobago, a fortnight before the biggest show on earth kicks off halfway across the globe, the domestic TT Pro League 2018 season will begin on June 1—a relief for many locally-based football athletes on the twin-island republic that have waited since the turn of the year to return of top-flight competition.

“The Pro League is very important to a lot of young men like myself,” said winger Jomoul Francois. “It’s an opportunity to be positive and stay away from negative even when you have little to nothing.

“For most of us it’s a chance to train professionally, and for exposure towards better opportunities such as the national team and hopefully to move our careers abroad to earn a better living for ourselves and our families. No other level of football in the country gives us this opportunity.”

Francois, 22, and his girlfriend April Gooding will welcome their first child in August—a girl he says. But a third female will also be anchored in his heart every time he takes to the field this season.

“My mother,” said the former St. Anthony’s College student and footballer.

Francois’ mother passed away on February 27 of this year. And while it stands the biggest loss in his life, Keisha Francois will be his inspiration to press on.

“This season will be dedicated to her,” vowed the former North East Stars winger who has made a switch to San Juan Jabloteh for the upcoming 2018 season.

Francois’ new club will not be in action on the opening day, June 1.

But his former club and defending Pro League champions North East Stars would, when they tackle W Connection, First Citizens Cup champions of last season, in the 2018 curtain-raising Charity Shield.

Connection were in fact one of the earliest teams to kick off pre-season despite uncertainties over the start of the new domestic season.

And the Savonetta Boys had not allowed the lengthy wait to detract from ambitions, according to longstanding technical director/head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier.

It has been business as usual said the longstanding Connection coach. “And we will always be interested in the business side of football—that’s the priority.”

But although known for their business side in the export of players, Fevrier said the Savonetta Boys have not escaped “financial challenges” and are forced to operate on a “minimal” group of players.

Despite this, Fevrier believes the existence of the Pro League and top flight clubs remains beneficial to T&T, which qualified once for the World Cup, becoming the smallest nation to do so back in 2006. Iceland now holds the record after booking their place at Russia 2018.

“Professional football is important if we (T&T) are to stay relevant in world football,” Fevrier believes. “Since the commencement of the professional league, we (T&T) have made it to almost every (World Cup qualifying) CONCACAF HEX. We must keep pushing on, without the Pro League it’s obvious we’d go backwards.

“At Connection we focus on improving the players, doing our part in providing better opportunities for the players but they must then take the chance to secure themselves abroad. They can benefit and the club (Connection) can also benefit.

“That doesn’t mean we don’t focus on winning titles too. We will always prepare to try and win everything that we compete in, but to remain relevant as a professional club you also have to focus on the business side of football.”

Fevrier, the most successful coach of the Pro League era, admitted that the long wait for the new domestic season has been frustrating for his players.

“It’s a little frustrating for our players because they have been training for the past two months and haven’t had football to play,” he stressed. “But once the season commences they would be happy.”

Defence Force FC head coach Marvin Gordon echoed similar feelings.

“It affected the players mentally not knowing when [the start would come],” he said. “But now there is a date and they are at a better frame of mind knowing it’s a month away.”

Gordon, whose side began preparations in February, did however stress that he and his trainers were forced to alter the training programme at times “because we didn’t want the players to peak too early.”

Judging from Francois’ “anxious” feelings over the new season, Defence Force promising some “exciting new players”, and the registration window closing on May 14, it’s indeed interesting times ahead.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Julia Baptiste: Keeping her eyes on the ball
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2018, 08:16:32 AM »
Julia Baptiste: Keeping her eyes on the ball
By Sherdon Pierre (T&T Newsday)

Just this year, Paula-Mae Weekes was sworn in as the sixth President of the Republic and Shamfa Cudjoe as the new Minister of Sport.

It was only fitting that the TT Pro League which is the only professional football league in the Caribbean selected Julia Baptiste as CEO.

Baptiste who has been in the professional football arena for over 18 years, told WMN, “I am privileged to be given an opportunity to work within a male dominated field and stand strong and resilient; privileged to make my mark in history as the first female CEO of a men’s professional league anywhere in the world; privileged that I can bring a soft side to the sport and to be named among strong women in TT.”

She explained the difficulties of making inroads in a male dominated field.

“As a woman you find that you have to be proving yourself over and over in order to try and gain acceptance. But, I consider myself to be a strong woman and I believe in and serve God, so when things got difficult I would just stop, talk to Him, get guidance and continue on my way.”

Baptiste is considered a “workaholic”; as the general secretary for the league, her scope of responsibility included ensuring that the rules and regulations were adhered to, preparing fixtures and press conferences, overseeing all committees, booking venues and facilitating meetings for managers and coaches. When someone loves their job and works diligently to see progression of their efforts it may affect the family cohesion, especially for a mother of three and a grandmother of two. Baptiste admitted that her position is demanding but she gets the support that is needed.

“My husband, Wayne Baptiste, is very supportive. He is my better half, best friend and counsellor. He has always been there taking care of the kids, putting away the house on Christmas Eve and I love him and thank him because I know without him none of this might have been possible.”

Remarkably, Baptiste is also days away from completing a law degree. She told WMN, “I always encourage the young people to take school seriously, go right through if you have the financial support don’t stop. It is hard to get back on that horse once you fall off. Beat the iron while it is hot, juggling school and work without a supportive spouse will be a tremendous challenge to anyone.”

How does she cope with it all? She put it simply, “I speak to God and He works it out. I love interaction with people, I love to laugh, so when things get difficult I take a break to hang out with the maintenance or the security persons. I listen to their stories, share mine, have a laugh and get back to the item at hand.”

A great task of transforming the TT Pro League awaits Baptiste but she welcomes it with open arms. “There is always some form of trepidation when someone takes up a new position, but the challenge is in turning things around in the league and I am up for it. I hope to set the league on a pathway to sustainability and viability which will take time but with enough support it will happen.”

She boasted about the benefits of the league. “The TT Pro League provides jobs for the young men, builds the cottage industries, builds comradery, community support also gives young men hope that they can earn a living while doing something that they love.”

Baptiste concluded by advising mothers, “You don’t (raise) your child or children for you only but for the world. Ensure that the gems you have are equipped enough to face what may lie ahead.

“Children are like arrows, they are to be projected not collected. Sharpen them well and project them.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: 2018 T&T Pro League Thread
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2018, 03:32:26 AM »
Pro League may consider community grounds in 2018.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

THE TT Pro League may consider using community grounds in 2018, a move they tried, with mixed results, during the 2017 season.

Among the grounds used were Barataria Oval and the Morvant Recreation Ground.

Julia Baptiste, CEO of the TT Pro League, said in a recent interview, “The community grounds would be our first option. However, at this point, some of them are not able to facilitate the football at the level we play.”

The Pro League Board of Directors held a meeting with Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs, Shamfa Cudjoe, at the Ministry’s St Clair office last week.

Baptiste, who replaced Dexter Skeene as the League’s CEO in April, noted, “We had a discussion on that. Clubs would start looking at the community grounds and coming up with a system that would allow for us to start playing within the communities.

“We would be looking at a relationship with the (Regional) Corporations to try and start building that community system that we want in place,” she added.

“As it stands, we will play where is available to us at present with the view to be playing within the communities as the season progresses.”

Baptiste also revealed, “We have the same 10 teams participating in the 2018 season. We’re on course to start on June 1 with the Charity Shield.”

The Charity Shield is carded to take place at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva featuring league champs North East Stars and First Citizens Cup title-holders W Connection.

The other participating teams this year will be Central FC, Police, Defence Force, St Ann’s Rangers, San Juan Jabloteh, Club Sando, Point Fortin Civic and Morvant Caledonia United.

The Sports Ministry has promised an injection of $11 million towards the upkeep of the clubs (excluding Police and Defence Force). But there is yet to be any news regarding sponsors for the 2018 season.

“For us, it would be important for now to continue to seek sponsorship for the League,” said Baptiste. “We will have to go hard at doing that.”

Baptiste, who served as the League secretary for over a decade, pointed out, “We will continue to work at building our portfolio in terms of corporate (bodies). See who we could get on board, sponsorship-wise, and it’s our job to ensure that the league is running. We have some decisions that will have to be taken with regards to that, but everything will be worked out.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #64 on: May 19, 2018, 01:56:57 AM »
Vranes issues call to improve local football.
T&T Newsday Reports.

ZORAN VRANES has bought into the new business plan of North East Stars, which involves the development and foreign transfers of players, by committing his services to the Pro League champions on an initial one-year agreement, pending a work permit.

And one month back on the Caribbean island he considers his second home, the former Trinidad and Tobago team coach is calling on all stakeholders to do their part towards improving the quality of football in the country.

“Football in Trinidad (and Tobago) is down very much,” said the 67-year-old Serbian, coach of TT’s team at the FIFA 2009 Under-20 World Cup in Egypt. “It was better in the past and I am not fully aware what the problems are now. It’s time all (stakeholders) must step up to do something more serious about the quality of the football. I can make my contribution but it is not up to the coaches only. Together we can all improve the opportunity for the players, the local teams and the national teams.”

Michael Awai, new Director of Football at North East Stars, said the club which is now run by majority shareholder, Ryan Nunes, has adopted the business strategy to develop players with the intention of transfers across Europe, Asia and Central America.

“Others should want to follow our business model,” said Awai.

“We will have academies from the 4-5 age group and upwards at various locations. Our business model is not to win the Pro League. We prefer to prepare players to send them abroad and make money from that. We have budgeted it will cost TT$1.5 million to TT$2m to run a club competitively, so it’s better to invest in more players from a development perspective.”

W Connection, the most successful club in the Pro League era, can argue that success on and off the field can be achieved simultaneously with their trophy cabinet stacked to capacity and having the most transfers to foreign clubs in the league’s history.

“I am satisfied with the plan (of North East Stars),” Vranes said of his decision to join North East Stars. “This season we are focused on developing young players, not to win competition this year and maybe not next year – after that, yes – but more than that to make business in Europe and Asia.

“It should not only be the plan of my club. We all need to get football back where it used to be especially with the younger players. They (the players) must also want to work harder to improve their fitness and technical ability.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 23, 2018, 04:57:05 AM »
Bramble, McIntosh, Marcelle among players promoted at Sando as Eve puts faith in youth products
T&T Pro League Media

Club Sando Under-18 standouts Isa Bramble, Ronaldo McIntosh and Declan Marcelle are among a new crop of teenagers that will feature in the new 2018 Pro League season for the Oranges’ first team after the exit of captain Akim Armstrong and Trinidad and Tobago internationals Tyrone Charles and Jared London.

The experienced trio of Armstrong, Charles and London all suited up for Central FC in the recently concluded finals of the Concacaf 2018 Caribbean Club Championship in Jamaica and could be in the Couva Sharks set up for the new domestic season.

“They (Armstrong, Charles and London) were out of contract and requested transfers which we allowed, and with all that happening it gave us more impetus to move in the direction we wanted in terms of developing younger players,” said Club Sando head coach Angus Eve who plans to make Sando 14-year-old midfielder Nirvan Ramnarine the youngest player to feature for a first team in the Pro League.

“Let’s just say he is my next Justin Sadoo.” Sadoo, like many of Sando’s promoted players, was a standout at Naparima College where Eve also serves as head coach. However Sadoo, a classy attacking midfielder, will likely renew his commitment to Point Fortin Civic for the upcoming season.

“This has always been part of Sando’s five-year plan and these new additions came through the youth ranks at Sando. This is the goal of our chairman Mr (Edison) ‘Eddie’ Dean to continuously develop the youngsters, hence the reason I coached the Under-18 team this season [in the Flow Youth Pro League].

“And following the recent utterances in the media by the national senior team head coach (Dennis Lawrence) on his disappointment in the level of the young players, we see it more important to try and develop these players,” added the former T&T midfielder and most capped player of all time.

Dennis Lawrence questioned the technical level and fitness of the players after selecting a number of fresh faces for a friendly against Panama last April in an attempt to widen his locally-based player pool.

Cordell Frontin, Dillon Yearwood and goalkeeper Raheem Lee are also among the list of Club Sando teenagers promoted to the first team where they will combine with defenders Nicholas Thomas, 21, and Trevin Latapy, 23, midfielder Michael Basdeo, 21, and midfielder/forward Keron Cornwall, 25, who will serve as the backbone of the fresh-look Oranges alongside experienced left-back Kemuel Rivers, 30, and goalkeepers Stefan Berkeley, 26, and Kelvin Henry, 25.

“I can spot talent,” said Eve who is also head coach of Naparima College where he also helped develop a number of the new promoted Sando players. “I believe these [promoted] players have the potential to play senior football. It’s not an overnight thing but after this season they will be better prepared to hold their own next season.

“I do have a lot of experience working with young players like in the past with Sheldon Bateau and Kevin Molino who went on to do extremely well at national senior level. Also I was just 17, just left Mucurapo Senior when I started playing with top club at the time ECM Motown alongside the likes of seniors Ron La Forest, Kelvin Jones, Leroy Spann and Anthony Streete. So I know what it takes as a player and as a coach.”

Eve has also snapped up the services of 20-year-olds in Micah Lansiquot (St. Ann’s Rangers), Shawndell Augustus (San Juan Jabloteh) and Shadeon Arthur (Central FC), and former Point Fortin Civic player Tigana Sparks, 30, and Kadeem Gittens, 22, who both joined rom Southern Football Association (SFA) side Union Hall.

Former Naparima star and Club Sando youth player forward, Quinn Rodney, who earlier this year joined W Connection and made his debut for the Savonetta Boys at the Caribbean Club Championship group stage, has returned to Sando for the new season.

Sando will however be without Josiah Trimmingham for the next few months after the 21-year-old defender suffered a broken leg in training with the T&T national team earlier this year while winger Akeem Redhead has returned to Point Fortin Civic.

“Trimmingham’s cast came off last week and from the latest prognosis, the foot has healed well,” explained Eve. “He now has to start to undergo physical therapy but it’s going to be a long road back …nothing sooner than four to five months.”

Trimmingham, according to Eve, was set to become Sando’s new captain. “We value Trimmingham so much that we gave him a contract and will pay him a salary for the new season [even though he is side-lined].

Club Sando 2018 squad

Goalkeepers: Stefan Berkeley, Kelvin Henry, Enrique Changiah (U21) and Raheem Lee (U21)

Defenders: Kemuel Rivers, Trevin Latapy, Nicholas Thomas, Shadeon Arthur (U21), Shakiyl Phillip, Tigana Sparks and Josiah Trimmingham

Midfielders: Keron Cornwall, Jason Joseph, Kevon Piper, Micah Lansiquot (U21), Michael Basdeo, Shawndell Augustus (U21), Kadeem Gittens, Aaron Kennedy (U21), Ronaldo Mc Intosh (U21), Cordell Frontin (U21), Declan Marcelle (U21) and Dillon Yearwood (U21)

Forwards: Quinn Rodney (U21), Russell Alfred and Isa Bramble (U21)

Staff: Angus Eve (Head Coach/Trainer), Michael Maurice (Assistant Coach/Goalkeeper), Muhammad Isa (Technical Director), Roger Ryan (Physiotherapist), Eddison ‘Eddie’ Dean and Derek Lange (Team Administrators), Anil Ramnarine (Equipment Manager) and Claudius Celestine (Assistant Equipment Manager)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2018, 04:40:37 AM »
Vranes: Improve quality of football.
T&T Guardian Reports.

Yugoslav-born coach Zoran Vranes has bought into the new business plan of T&T Pro League champions North East Stars, which involves the development and foreign transfers of players, by committing his services to the Pro League champions on an initial one-year agreement, pending a work permit.

And one month back on the Caribbean-island he considers his second home. The former T&T national team coach is calling on all stakeholders to do their part towards improving the quality of football in the country.

“Football in T&T is down very much,” said the 67-year-old Serbian, who coached the T&T Under-20 men’s World Cup. It was better in the past and I am not fully aware what the problems are now. It’s time all [stakeholders] must step up to do something more serious about the quality of the football. I can make my contribution but it is not up to the coaches only. Together we can all improve the opportunity for the players, the local teams and the national teams.”

Michael Awai, new Director of Football at North East Stars, said the club which is now run by the majority shareholder, Ryan Nunes, has adopted the business strategy to develop players with the intention of transfers across Europe, Asia and Central America.

“Others should want to follow our business model,” said Awai.

“We will have academies from the 4-5 age group and upwards at various locations. Our business model is not to win the Pro League. We prefer to prepare players to send them abroad and make money from that. We have budgeted it will cost TT$1.5 million to TT$2m to run a club competitively, so it’s better to invest in more players from a development perspective.”

W Connection, the most successful club in the Pro League era, can argue that success on and off the field can be achieved simultaneously with their trophy cabinet stacked to capacity and having the most transfers to foreign clubs in the league’s history.

On why he opted to join North East Stars, Vranes, a former Joe Public coach said, “I am satisfied with the plan of North East Stars. This season we are focused on developing young players, not to win the competition this year and maybe not next year, after that, yes, but more than that to make business in Europe and Asia.

“It should not only be the plan of my club. We all need to get football back where it used to be especially with the younger players. They must also want to work harder to improve their fitness and technical ability.”

Vranes had three stints with the T&T senior team, twice as a head coach and once as an assistant coach, and also coached the Soca Warriors at Under-20 and Under-23 levels.

He enjoyed title success with Central FC, leading the “Couva Sharks” to the First Citizens Cup and the Akeem Adams and Rawle Fletcher trophies in the 2014/15 season.

However, he was surprisingly replaced with Englishman Terry Fenwick with just three league games left that term and the team at the top of the Pro League standings. Fenwick celebrated the title success and later the 2015 Caribbean Club Championship.

Vranes returned to Yugoslavia for his third managerial stint with hometown club Rudar Pljevlja, until now.

Goalkeepers Glenroy Samuel and Javon Sample, who played under Vranes at national youth level and Central respectively, will represent Stars along with veteran playmaker Hayden Tinto, Adrian Noel, Sean Bateau and Bret D’Abreau, who will hit his fortieth birthday on June 6.

North East Stars will face W Connection on June 1 in the 2018 Pro League curtain-raising Charity Shield from 7 pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

North East Stars 2018 squad: Glenroy Samuel (GK), Javon Sample (GK), Jabari Brice, Sean Bateau, Garyk Jaggan, Darren Jaggan, Bret D’Abreau, Josiah Daniel, Kyle Bartholomew, Hayden Tinto, Jabari Brathwaite, Adrian Noel, Darren Wilson, Tyrell Jobe, Jamiel Williams, Shawn Roberts, Daniel Lacroix, Warren Chase, Jeankeon Alexander, Brian Williams, Shaqkeem Joseph and Gabriel Nanton.

Technical staff: Zoran Vranes (coach), Gilbert Bateau (assistant coach/trainer), Nigel Neverson (goalkeeper coach), Michael ‘Coxy’ Williams (equipment manager).

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #67 on: June 01, 2018, 12:41:27 AM »
Vranes: Tall task for Stars against W Connection.
T&T Guardian Reports.

North East Stars head coach Zoran Vranes expects a difficult test for his new team against W Connection when the 2018 Charity Shield contest kicks-off this evening at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva from 7 pm.

“It would be a very difficult game against a team which dominates so much for the last fifteen-plus years,” said the former T&T coach who was defeated by W Connection in the 2014 Charity Shield on his debut at former club Central FC.

North East Stars won the Pro League championship last season under then-coach Derek King to qualify for their first Charity play while three-time former winners Connection (2012, 2013 & 2014) captured last season’s First Citizens Cup for a fifth Shield play.

Entrance fee on Friday is TT$30 and children under 12 enter free.

Vranes is expected to showcase a team full of youth while Connection, coached by long-standing head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier, will also boast a handful new faces.

“We've very little experience with about sixty percent of our players inexperienced,” said the 67-year-old Yugoslav-born Vranes. “But really, I am not worried about that. We will be competitive. We have to be ready for a very big game although almost every player from last season [league success] is no longer here. We are progressing and we will be competitive. Some of our players are pretty decent but the fact won’t change that we are a new team that’s rebuilding. They (Connection) is a good team with a lot of experience and with national players. I don’t think we would win because really and truly we are in the beginning. They are at an advantage. We will learn from the game. We don’t expect to win but it doesn’t mean we won’t try,” ended the North East Stars coach.

Habitat for Humanity will benefit from gate receipts if North East Stars captures the Charity Shield while Marabella Family Crisis Centre would become the recipient of the charitable contribution if W Connection reunites with the Shield.

Habitat for Humanity (T&T) is a non-profit organization affiliated with Habitat for Humanity International, according to its website, has helped thousands of Trinbagonians construct, rehabilitate or preserve their homes since 1997.

The organization support a variety of funding models that enable families with limited resources to make needed improvements on their homes as their time and resources allow. As well as supporting homeowners in developing their shelter solutions, Habitat for Humanity (T&T) also provides training in financial management, technical and life skills, housing initiatives and disaster risk reduction programmes.

RELATED NEWS

North East Stars coach predicts tall task vs Connection.
T&T Newsday Reports.

NORTH EAST Stars head coach Zoran Vranes expects a difficult test for his recently assembled side against W Connection in the 2018 Charity Shield on Friday from 7pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“It would be a very difficult game against [a team] who dominates so much for the last fifteen-plus years,” said the former Trinidad and Tobago who was defeated by Connection in the 2014 Charity Shield on his debut at former club Central FC.

North East Stars won the Pro League championship last season under then coach Derek King to qualify for their first Charity play while three-time former winners Connection (2012, 2013 & 2014) captured last season’s First Citizens Cup for a fifth Shield play.

Entrance fee today is TT$30 and children under 12 enter free.

Vranes is expected to showcase a team full of youth surprises while Connection, coached by longstanding head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier, will also boast a handful new faces.

“We have very little experience with about sixty percent of our players inexperienced,” said the 67-year-old Yugoslav-born Vranes. “But really, I am not worried about that. “We will be competitive. We have to be ready for a very big game although almost every player from last season [league success] are no longer here.

We are progressing and we will be competitive. Some of our players are pretty decent but the fact won’t change that we are a new team that’s rebuilding.

“They (Connection) are a good team with a lot of experience and with national players. I don’t think we would win [because] really and truly we are in the beginning. They are at an advantage. We will learn from the game. We don’t expect to win but it doesn’t mean we won’t try,” ended the North East Stars coach.

Habitat for Humanity will benefit from gate receipts if North East Stars captures the Charity Shield while Marabella Family Crisis Centre would become the recipient of the charitable contribution if Connection reunites with the Shield.

Habitat for Humanity , a non-profit organization affiliated with Habitat for Humanity International, according to its website, has helped thousands of Trinbagonians construct, rehabilitate or preserve their homes since 1997.

The organisation supports a variety of funding models that enable families with limited resources to make needed improvements on their homes as their time and resources allow.

As well as supporting homeowners in developing their shelter solutions, Habitat for Humanity (T&T) also provides training in financial management, technical and life skills, housing initiatives and disaster risk reduction programmes.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 12:45:46 AM by Flex »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #68 on: July 24, 2018, 03:22:43 AM »
Gordon shifts focus to Pro League.

After defeat in First Citizens Cup final…

MARVIN GORDON, coach of top local football outfit Defence Force, is turning his focus towards the 2018 TT Pro League season, which is expected to begin in August.

Gordon was speaking on Friday night, moments after Defence Force were beaten by Central FC 4-2 via kicks from the penalty spot in the final of the First Citizens Cup, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Mucurapo.

After 120 minutes of regulation and extra time, the scoreboard read 2-2, with the resurgent Keron Cummings (42nd and 83rd minutes) netting for Central FC, and Dylon King (64th) and Devorn Jorsling (65th) replying for the Army-Coast Guard combination.

“We’re going to try to win the Pro League,” said Gordon. “I won a (league) title as an assistant coach, I would really like to win it as a head coach. The plan from now is to prepare for the league which starts in two weeks.”

Defence Force last won the league in 2012-2013 with Ross Russell in charge of the team and Gordon deputising. Jorsling was instrumental in that title run and at age 34 is still firing in goals for the team.

Reflecting on Friday’s match, Gordon said, “A brilliant game of football by both teams. Two coaches (himself and Central FC’s Stern John) really trying to go at one another tactically.

“I thought the first half Central (were) really good,” he continued. “I couldn’t wait for the half to end just to go in to fix things and fix the attitude of my players. We came back out and we (were) brilliant, we got the two goals and we went up, but we paid at the back with a mistake, Central (got) back in. “We tried to get a result, but (the game) went to the (penalty) spot and they held their nerves better than us.”

The former Defence Force midfielder-turned-coach was noticeably animated during the game and he admitted, “We were not putting pressure on the ball enough. We were allowing them to play too much with the ball.”

Gordon also felt that his winger Reon Moore was not given the benefit of the doubt with some calls from the officials.

However, he said, “All and all, I thought it was really a brilliant game.”

Gordon only made two substitutions during the match.

“I believe in the players I coach,” said Gordon. “I believe in the guys on the bench. I thought I needed to leave Dylon King on the field, even though in the first half (he) wasn’t at his best, I knew he would bring something to the game, so I didn’t want to take him out.”

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 25, 2018, 01:29:51 AM »
Another delay in the season kicking off. They're saying mid-August now, but that could actually be late August at best.

Last year the league seemed to be on life support. Not sure how to describe the reality this year. Things are getting worse not better.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne: Sacrifice necessary for success
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »
Kenwyne: Sacrifice necessary for success
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

FORMER national football striker and captain Kenwyne Jones has urged Pro League players to put in the sacrifices needed to better themselves on and off the field.

The 33-year-old ex-W Connection, Southampton, Sunderland, Stoke City and Cardiff City player was speaking at a T&T Pro League player development seminar at the VIP Lounge, Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo yesterday.

And Jones also appealed to the players to be aware of the contracts they sign, so they can avoid pitfalls later down the road.

Players from W Connection, Police FC, North East Stars, Morvant Caledonia United, San Juan Jabloteh and St Ann’s Rangers were present for the initiative.

“Your career, barring a few injuries – once everything goes right – could (be) 15 years,” said Jones. “Some people, God bless them, they have careers even longer. They were able to do that because they actually spent time on themselves and immersing themselves on their craft.”

He reflected on his days travelling to school in St Anthony’s College, Westmoorings from his house in Chaguanas.

“On some days with no money for lunch or to travel home, I used to get bus tickets and walk from St Anthony’s to city gate after training, to be able to get a bus to go home,” he said. “I used to travel from Chaguanas at five in the morning because we had training before school. I had to do that in order to succeed.

“Now (there are) a lot of men here today that if they have to do that type of thing they ain’t doing it,” he added. “They’re not willing to do (that) because they have to sacrifice. If you as a person don’t want to sacrifice, you’re going to get nowhere.”

On the topic of sacrifice, Jones said, “For 17 years I missed Carnival, I missed New Year’s Day, I missed my birthday because I (was) always training. I missed Christmas because I was in the snow training. I wasn’t seeing my family because I’m going in a hotel, I had a game the next day. Those are the things you’ll have to sacrifice if you want to make it.”

The muscular striker also mentioned a recent conversation he had with a current Pro League player over lack of salaries.

“If (a contract is) flashy, and it has some zeroes at the end, you’re walking away and smiling,” he said. “Between the lines, they’ll have some things put in there that wouldn’t make you see those zeroes for (many) years. I have a friend – a former teammate – leave this country, go on a few trials and signed with a Portuguese club.

“Obviously that’s a different language, he didn’t seek any way to have that contract translated so that he could understand it in English. You know what end up happening to him? He ended up having to leave the club, go in a restaurant and (had) to wash wares to make money.”

Jones added, “If you don’t (have) that knowledge, you’ll end up in problems like a lot of people in the league itself, and a lot of people worldwide.”

Jones also urged players to understand the importance of media interviews, which can go a long way in developing their personal brand and image.

In an earlier session, when asked about his future ambitions, Jones responded, “Where I would start is definitely youth development, and I’ll take it from there. I can’t predict the future but, as a starting point, would definitely be youth.”

He described the national team’s participation at the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany as the highlight of his career.

“I was really lucky to be on that team at that time,” he said. “It was an eye-opening experience because there is no better way to be a part of history than to be with the likes of those players representing Trinidad and Tobago.”

Julia Baptiste, CEO of the Pro League, described yesterday’s initiative as “a very successful player seminar.”

Baptiste hopes to have two more seminars during this season to help the current crop of local players.

She also expressed her gratitude towards Jones; former journalist Nicole Duke-Westfield, who spoke about social media; and First Citizens representative Kevon Durham.

About the involvement of First Citizens, Baptiste said, “First Citizens has really been the organisation that has conducted the player development seminar for a number of years. Generally, it has been on finances, in this instance the First Citizens corporate communications department is really helping us conduct this, so we decided to go with communications as the main emphasis.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2018, 12:52:36 AM »
Cudjoe: Clubs holding back Pro League start.
By Joel Bailey & Andrew Gioannetti (Newsday).

Minister of sport Shamfa Cudjoe said the delay in the release of government subventions to TT Pro League clubs is down to their failure to submit financial statements to the Sport Company of TT (SporTT).

Government assistance has practically kept the clubs – with the exception of Police FC and Defence Force – and the league afloat since its inception in 1999. The 2018 league was expected to kick off on Friday but is now expected to begin on August 3. Central FC operations manager Kevin Harrison was quoted in an article as saying his team may have to opt out of the 2018 season, as their players have not been paid for a few months.

Cudjoe, in an interview with Newsday yesterday, said the Ministry is “making arrangements to transfer the money to SporTT” but pointed the blame at the local clubs.

“SporTT has its process where sporting clubs have to fill out their financial information to SporTT,” she said. “I know some of them would have (done so) but there are a number of sporting clubs that have not submitted financials to SporTT and that’s the last update that I have.”

Recently the TT Football Association (TTFA) sought to enforce a policy where clubs must be compliant to retain their status within the local governing body. This was met with some resistance as some clubs did not submit their documents in time.

Cudjoe yesterday promised to “see if any progress has been made in getting more of the financials and the documents in” to the Sport Company.

“However,” she added, “up to last Thursday, when I met with SporTT, we have not received all the necessary information. It’s not just ‘here, look some money.’ You have to show some financial standings, that the club is active, that the financials are up to date, and so on. And some of them would have submitted, but the majority had not submitted to SporTT.”

Cudjoe said the Ministry was now considering a plan to fund the teams and athletes indirectly, through their respective NGBs (National Governing Body).

“We are looking at another option where maybe we can look at transferring the money directly to Pro League and then have the Pro League’s central administration distribute it. I don’t know if that’s an option that can be explored but right now the cabinet note speaks specifically to paying to the (Pro League) clubs through SporTT.”

She continued: “I have been in conversation with the new chairman of SporTT, Mr Douglas Camacho, and we are examining SporTT’s policy in dealing specifically with NGBs rather than (clubs) and that can be a challenge for some sporting disciplines because you have within some sporting disciplines, discrepancies between different groups.

“Sometimes within one discipline, somebody (a club) may not have a good relationship with the NGB and so on, so we want to restore those relationships and deal specifically with NGBs and get everyone’s financials so that things can run smoothly.

“When you get to that place of dealing specifically with clubs, you can run yourself in some trouble. At this point where we have financial challenges, we have to implement a strategy and a policy that best serves everyone and one that is economically proper and suitable to suit this guava season as they say.”

Acting Pro League CEO Julia Baptiste, who took charge after former CEO Dexter Skeene quit due the mountainous burden of financial woes plaguing the league, acknowledged such issues still exist.

“The subventions helps to ensure that the clubs are able to run their business,” she noted. “You can’t run the business on the subvention alone but it helps because you need it in order to sustain what is happening at the club.”

But she is hopeful that corporate sponsors can come on board sooner rather than later.

“We have been working hard on trying to submit proposals to see if we can get one or two corporate people who would want to partner with us in taking professional football to the next level,” Baptiste said. “We’re hoping that they’re organisations out there who’re willing to do that.” She continued, “It is a struggle. We have challenges. I just have to try and pull it back to the best possible place, and then move forward. It’s plenty work, plenty ground to cover with little resources, but at the end of the day, I have to give it my best shot.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2018, 12:47:32 AM »
Sancho questions Cudjoe’s stance on funding issue.

CENTRAL FC owner Brent Sancho is questioning the stance taken by Minister of Sport and Youth Affairs Shamfa Cudjoe with regards to the allocations of funds to clubs in the Pro League – excluding Police FC and Defence Force.

Earlier this week, members of Central FC decided to go on a strike due to non-payment of salaries for a few months.

And, in an article on yesterday’s Newsday, Cudjoe said the delay in the release of Government subventions to eight of the League’s 10 clubs – Central FC, North East Stars, Point Fortin Civic, Club Sando, San Juan Jabloteh, W Connection, St Ann’s Rangers and Morvant Caledonia United – was due to the teams’ failure to submit financial statements to the Sport Company of TT (SporTT).

Sancho, a former Sports Minister, said in a telephone interview yesterday, “I understand there (are) procedures but if one club is compliant, you should make sure that they’re the one that’s getting. Who’re not compliant, they should get when they become compliant.”

Sancho, the former national football team defender, continued, “It shouldn’t be where players are in this kind of situation, after making a promise from June 1 that they’ll be getting subventions.”

The Central FC boss also wondered if the Ministry adopted a similar approach towards the Caribbean Premier League (CPL) before the awarding of $20 million, for the staging of the finals of the 2018, 2019 and 2020 editions.

“Why is it different for a foreign entity than a local one?” Sancho questioned.

Asked if the issue about release of funds was different for the Pro League and the CPL due to the magnitude of the events, Sancho replied, “Once you’re receiving money from the Government, it’s nothing different. Government procedures don’t look at (any) state entities or individually-based matters.”

He added, “The CPL is no different from the Pro League. It shouldn’t be any different.”

The 2018 TT Pro League season will kick off on August 3.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2018, 12:48:40 AM »
Pro League CEO under fire.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

As Sportsmax TV deal in jeopardy.

New T&T Pro League Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Julia Baptiste has found herself in hot water after a decision to reveal August 3 as the starting date for the League, and essentially go against a decision of the Board.

A few TT Pro League Board members, wishing to remain anonymous, are fuming over this announcement, as they believe it could potentially affect a sponsorship deal with Caribbean Sports Television Network Sportsmax, the Ministry of Tourism and the T&T Pro League moving forward.

One Board member said the parties were close to sealing a deal that would enable the League to be televised live on Sportsmax, through the help of the Ministry of Tourism.

The deal is expected to provide the cash-strapped Pro League with much-needed advertising revenue, particularly in the midst of the current economic situation.

Guardian Media Sports learnt that the Board made a decision on Monday to push back the start of the League until an agreement was reached, and monies to pay prizes etc could be determined.

But according to the members, Baptiste decided that the August 3 start would remain, without consulting the Board, and thereby creating anger among members.

They are hoping her decision does not hamper the parties closing the deal, as a gala launch would be held if an agreement is made. Sportsmax CEO Oliver Mc Intosh is already scheduled to arrive in T&T on Sunday to continue talks and possibly sign.

Another Board member said yesterday: “Even an agreement will take another six weeks then we should wait because it will change the League and improve the financial position we have found ourselves in.”

He added, “I think television is the only thing to save the pro league at this point, as people across T&T, the region and the globe will be exposed to it and it will lead to advertising revenue.”

When contacted yesterday, Baptiste said she did not want to discuss matters of the Board in the public domain and would do so at the next meeting. The Board members, it is understood, have asked for an urgent meeting to deal with the matter and are awaiting a response.

For the past years, the League was played with no cash prizes available and winning clubs are still clinging to a promise that it will be forthcoming.

It is hoped an agreement among the parties will put the League in a position of financial stability and its dependence on government for help will one day be a thing of the past.

A few days ago, Central FC players don their football boots in protest of the promised $50,000 grant from government for clubs through the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs. The promised amount is expected to help clubs pay salaries to players.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League 2018 Championship to commence on August 10
« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2018, 10:42:52 AM »
Pro League 2018 Championship to commence on August 10
T&T Pro League Media

Coming out of an emergency meeting of the TT Pro League Board of Directors held at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Monday, Chairman Richard Fakoory has advised that a decision has been taken to commence the 2018 Pro League championship on Friday 10th August.

Following intense discussions, the Board of Directors took this decision to allow for further negotiations between possible partners. Mr. Fakoory said that the Board has also agreed that if completion of negotiations does not take place before the agreed start date, the League will commence, pending continued negotiations.

When asked about the previously given start date of August 3rd given by the Chief Executive Officer Julia Baptiste, Mr. Fakoory responded that at the time the CEO gave the information, it was correct.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Pro League starts August 10 amid funding woes
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2018, 09:27:13 AM »
Pro League starts August 10 amid funding woes
By Joel Bailey (T&T Newsday)

THE 2018 season of the TT Pro League will finally begin on August 10, two weeks after its original opening date.

Pro League CEO Julia Baptiste, in an interview last week, said the League, which was set to kick off on July 27, was pushed back by a week to August 3. In a press release yesterday, the Pro League delayed the start of the new season by another week.

Pro League Chairman Richard Fakoory, discussing Monday’s board meeting, said, “We voted on what date to start, when the clubs will have their houses in order; it’s not a unanimous decision, it was a close decision, but it was in favour of going to the 10th.”

This season, which is expected to run until December, will feature two rounds of matches with each team playing each other twice.

There has also been concerns over the Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs’ refusal to issue subventions to eight of the 10 participating clubs – reigning champs North East Stars, W Connection, Club Sando, Point Fortin Civic, Central FC, St Ann’s Rangers, Morvant Caledonia United and San Juan Jabloteh.

Sports Minister Shamfa Cudjoe has made it clear that all the clubs (excluding Police FC and Defence Force) must be compliant – especially with their financial records – before the subventions are released via the Sports Company of TT (SporTT).

Newsday has been informed that W Connection and Point Fortin Civic are not yet compliant with SporTT’s policy. According to a source, Connection is expected to submit all their documents to SporTT by Friday.

Addressing the issue of compliance, Renee John-Williams, president of W Connection, said yesterday, “W Connection (is) compliant with the TTFA (TT Football Association). It’s a TTFA issue but I wouldn’t comment publicly on my club’s internal matters. We’re TTFA compliant.”

Reynold Carrington, coach/manager of Point Fortin Civic, said yesterday compliance was an upper management issue and he is currently focusing on preparing the team for the new season.

SporTT chairman Douglas Camacho urged the clubs to become fully compliant so that funds will be released.

“I know that the Cabinet had approved of some funds for football to be used specifically for the clubs in the Pro League,” Camacho said. “I imagine the process will be now that they will ensure that the Pro League clubs are compliant, and once everything is in order then they’ll make the request through the Ministry of Sport for the release of the funds. I know it’ll be dependent on all the clubs being compliant.”

Fakoory, who replaced Joseph Sam Phillip as the league’s chairman earlier this year, shared Camacho’s views.

“All clubs will have to be compliant,” he said. “Those clubs who are not compliant will just have to put in (their documents) and then we’ll all be on board. We have affirmative confirmation that the subvention is there for (the league), it’s just that we have to put our house in order. I would continue to say, with or without Government subvention, football will play.”

Fakoory, who is also owner of St Ann’s Rangers, continued, “Some clubs will cry and say they can’t play without it, but you know what, they will. I know the subvention is forthcoming.”

Another owner, Central FC’s Brent Sancho, said his club was the first among the Pro League bunch to be fully compliant. But he is wondering why his club is suffering due to the tardiness of a few. Central FC players, who won the First Citizens Cup less than two weeks ago, have gone on strike as they’ve not been paid for several months.

“As it stands right now, we’re still awaiting word,” he said. “Central (was) the first club to be compliant.”

He continued, “A lot of the players are still committed to the club. It’s a bit of disappointment. There is a belief around the camp that football just has not been treated right over the last two years.”

Sancho, the ex-national team defender, is wondering if the funds are really available to distribute to the clubs.

“We had a similar situation when the last time we were given subventions there were several clubs that weren’t compliant, and they gave cheques to the clubs that weren’t,” Sancho said. “To me, it seems like it’s a stalling tactic. I have to question whether or not the money is really there. This league is the premier league of the country,” he declared.

The former Sports Minister said he is also struggling to attract sponsors to invest in his club.

“Over the last two to three weeks, we must have sent out over 60 e-mails to potential sponsors, asking to sponsor the club or sponsor a particular player (but) we haven’t had any word back. I’ve lost faith with corporate Trinidad and Tobago,” said Sancho.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2018, 12:50:45 AM »
Compliant Pro League clubs to get funding.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

W Connection, Point Fortin Civic still lacking but….

THE Ministry of Sport and Youth Affairs has given the green light for Pro league clubs that are compliant with the policy of the Ministry and Sport Company to immediately access their Government subvention.

The Ministry made the announcement in a press release yesterday, exactly one week before the league commences. The Ministry confirmed a Newsday report earlier this week which revealed W Connection and Point Fortin Civic were the only clubs who failed to submit their financial documents and statements to become compliant. The Ministry said W Connection indicated their auditor was out of the country but would have submitted the remaining documents by yesterday. Point Fortin Civic have not responded.

Renee John-Williams, owner of W Connection, questioned about her club’s lack of compliance, told Newsday in an interview earlier this week, “W Connection (is) compliant with the TTFA (TT Football Association). It’s a TTFA issue but I wouldn’t comment publicly on my club’s internal matters. We’re TTFA compliant.”

The Ministry reiterated yesterday that self-sufficiency is supposed to be the aim of the Pro League as Government has pumped $76 million into the league from 2005-2017.

The Ministry said although $11.1 million was approved by Cabinet to assist the league for the next three years, funding will be reduced annually. Each club will receive $600,000 in year one, $450,000 in year two and $337,500 in the final year.

Speaking to Newsday yesterday, Sports Minister Shamfa Cudjoe and Sport Company Chairman Douglas Camacho confirmed that compliant clubs will get their subventions. Their comments are in contrast with a previous stance that all clubs would have to be compliant before funding is disbursed.

Cudjoe said, “We already transferred the money to SporTT.”

The Minister queried why compliance has become such a problem for some clubs as when discussions were held with the Pro League in April-May this year, no club raised an issue that it would be a challenge.

“We can’t make assumptions outside the discussions we had...That is the agreement we had,” she said.

She said the requirements stipulated by the Ministry and SporTT are no different from that which existed in the past so it should be no surprise to clubs what they needed to produce.

Although relieved to finally get funding, the withholding of subventions has not gone down well with one club owner. Brent Sancho, owner of Central FC, has been fuming as his players have gone on strike since winning the First Citizens Cup on July 20. He said his club was one of the first to become compliant. The Sports Ministry revealed yesterday Club Sando and St Ann’s Rangers were the first to submit documents (July 12), followed by Central FC (July 16), Morvant Caledonia (July 20), North East Stars (July 21) and San Juan Jabloteh (July 23).

Sancho said the decision to release the funds to only those clubs that are compliant should have been done long ago as it did not make sense to punish those who followed the regulations because of an errant few. He said the delay will hurt the standard of football to start the 2018 season.

“It will hamper the football in general. We’ve gone a year-plus without subvention and the damage has been done,” he said.

Asked whether he is steering the club to self-sufficiency,” the ex-Sports Minister said, “ We have survived without it (subvention) before, but with the current economic climate, it is very difficult.”

He said most leagues worldwide have some form of Government assistance, but said a television deal is imperative to boost the league.

Sancho, a former national footballer, expressed disappointment in the lack of corporate support for the league given the thrilling First Citizens Cup final recently which featured a number of young players who put on an enthralling display of football.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2018, 02:33:22 AM »
Compliant clubs still waiting for funding.

Pro League 2018 season kicks off Friday but…

COMPLIANT Pro League clubs Central FC, North East Stars, St Ann’s Rangers, Morvant Caledonia United, Club Sando and San Juan Jabloteh, are yet to receive their promised Government subvention from the Sport Company.

Last Friday, the Ministry issued a media release, which noted that each compliant club will receive $600,000 this year, $450,000 next year and $337,500 in 2020. Sports Minister Shamfa Cudjoe revealed then that the money had already been transferred to the Sport Company for disbursement to compliant clubs.

W Connection and Point Fortin Civic were yet to submit their financial documents and statements to become compliant.

Chairman of the TT Pro League, Richard Fakoory, said yesterday that he is yet to get any feedback from the compliant clubs about the disbursement of funds.

“All the (media said) that it’s going to happen supposedly by the end of this week,” said Fakoory. “But nobody’s spoken to me at this point in time.”

Fakoory, who is also the owner of St Ann’s Rangers, said, “I don’t think any club has got it, but we (Rangers) surely didn’t get it. It’s forthcoming and that’s all I know. But nobody has contacted me at least.”

Asked if he was contacted from any official from the Sports Ministry, Fakoory replied, “Nobody from anywhere.”

The 2018 season will begin with a double-header on Friday, at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo.

Jabloteh will square off against Point Fortin in the opening match, followed by a showdown between Defence Force and Morvant Caledonia United.

Fakoory pointed out that the clubs have received the draft fixtures for the 2018 season. “If they have any problems they can go back to (the League) to explain or to query any changes. But I don’t think any of that has happened.”

Fakoory replaced Joseph Sam Phillip as League chairman in April.

Asked about his expectations for this season, Fakoory replied, “I know it’s going to be a tight season. I think it’s going to be very exciting. All the clubs are involved and will be playing every weekend (two matches on Fridays and three on Saturdays), and Tuesdays (five matches).”

He continued, “(The season) will probably finish in December. It’s going to be very close but it’s good for our national players to be playing. I think it’s going to be very competitive too.

“Looking at the First Citizens Cup, a couple clubs stand out as clubs to be respected. Defence Force, Central FC, W Connection and Police are surely the four top clubs. I’m giving Club Sando an outside chance,” Fakoory added.

During the past couple seasons, community grounds have been used, notably the Barataria Recreation Ground and Morvant Recreation Ground, by Jabloteh and Morvant Caledonia respectively.

Fakoory is hopeful that community grounds can be used this season, providing that they meet Pro League standards.

“The intentions are (that) we want it in the community but sometimes some of the community grounds are not properly adequate for both teams, like dressing rooms,” he said. “There are a lot of problems. Some clubs who could do it, they are doing it. Like me, for one, I do not have a community ground so I would have to use one of the stadiums.”

He continued, “Of course, it’s a professional league and some grounds are not ready for professional football. But any club that feel that their ground is capable, we have a committee who will inspect the ground, and we will play. That’s what we want, that’s always the intention of the Pro League.”

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #78 on: August 08, 2018, 12:44:14 AM »
Pro League clubs get $4.8m back pay today.

The eight Pro League football clubs in T&T will receive their promised subventions for the financial period September 2017- October 2018 today.

Among the clubs to benefit is W Connection FC, the only one that is still non-compliant. The Savonetta Boys as they are popularly known, have been given a ‘bligh’ as it is set to cash in on a $4.8 million cheque payout scheduled to take place at the National Aquatic Centre (NAC) in Balmain, Couva this afternoon, in spite of demands by the Sport Company of T&T and the Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs recently, for clubs to be compliant to receive funding.

On Monday, Renee John-Williams, the club’s representative said they could not submit audited financial statements and the strategic plan required to be compliant, as the club’s auditor is still out of the country.

Apart from W Connection, a multiple-time winner of nearly every title on offer in the Pro League, the clubs scheduled to receive retroactive payments at 2 pm are Morvant Caledonia United, Central FC, Club Sando, St Ann’s Rangers, San Juan Jabloteh, last year’s defending champions North East Stars and Point Fortin Civic, which submitted its compliant documents on Friday last.

Guardian Media Sports was reliably informed, however, that the Government, through the Ministry of Sports and Sport Company, will no longer deal with the T&T Pro League directly with regards to payments of subventions, and will instead channel all payments through the parent body, the T&T Football Association, which will then distribute the monies to the League for the clubs.

The reason, it is understood, is to ensure strict transparency and accountability when dealing with the public purse.

However, Anthony Creed, the executive manager of the Sports Development and Performance Unit at SporTT said yesterday he was unaware that such a decision had been made. He said if it was, then it would have come from the Board of the SporTT.

The league, which has faced three delays to its start of the 2018 season, will kick-off on Friday with a Super Friday double-header at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 6 pm that pits San Juan Jabloteh against Point Fortin Civic, last season’s fifth and seventh-place finishers, respectively.

In the other game, Morvant Caledonia United will square-off with Defence Force from 8 pm. Matches will continue on August 11. The League will only be hampered by three FIFA international breaks from—September 3-11, October 8-16 and November 12-20.

A pro league release sent out yesterday said the season will be a quick-fire one that will run through to November 24 and will comprise two rounds of football.

The league will also attempt to bring back the traditional Pro Bowl competition which is expected to be played in December.

RELATED NEWS

Pro League season kicks off in Couva.
By Stephon Nicholas (Newsday).

THE new Pro League regular season will kick off on Friday with an interesting Super Friday double-header at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva. The league will run to November 24 with 10 clubs battling for supremacy in a quick-fire calendar over two rounds.

The quick-fire calendar will have three breaks for the FIFA international windows – September 3-11, October 8-16 and November 12-20.

The Pro League plans to end the 2018 calendar, which kicked off on June 1 with the curtain-raising Charity Shield and the First Citizens Cup, with the return of the Pro Bowl knockout between November 26-December 14.

The opening Super Friday double-header in Couva kicks off from 6 pm and pits San Juan Jabloteh against Point Fortin Civic, last season’s fifth and seventh-place finishers respectively.

Morvant Caledonia will suit up for their opening league fixture from 8 pm in the second game of the Super Friday double-header against Defence Force FC, and will seek revenge against the Tetron Boys outfit that knocked them out of the First Citizens Cup at the semi-final stage on July 13 to advance into the final with a comfortable 4-0 win.

Central FC, the three-time former league champions, will now look to put to rest last season’s troubling second-from-bottom league finish, and there is no better way to try and improve confidence than against the defending champions North East Stars from 4 pm at the Larry Gomes Stadium, Arima on Saturday.

North East Stars are virtually a new bunch from the side that enjoyed league success last year under then coach Derek King.

New coach Zoran Vranes must now hope that his almost rookie North East Stars’ bunch would have learned a lot over their five competitive outings this season – which all ended in defeats – as they must now face a star-studded Central possibly still on a high from lifting the First Citizens Cup on July 20.

On Sunday, the action returns to the Ato Boldon Stadium with a mouth-watering double-header with home team W Connection taking on last season’s cellar-placed St. Ann’s Rangers from 4 pm before Club Sando and Police FC lock horns from 6 pm.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2018, 03:32:47 AM »
Shabazz: Give us land, treat us like cricket.

8 Pro football clubs get $4.8m

“Give football clubs lands and make them self-sustainable in the future,” said an emotional Jamaal Shabazz. He believes this will eliminate the clubs’ dependency on Government for funding.

His plea comes as Government, through the Sports Company of T&T (SporTT) distributed promised cheques totalling $4.8 million to eight T&T Pro League football clubs including Club Sando, North East Stars, St Ann’s Rangers, Central FC, Point Fortin Civic, San Juan Jabloteh, Morvant Caledonia United and W Connection, for the financial period September 2017 to October 2018.

However, W Connection, which is still non-compliant, will receive its monies when the club’s auditor returns from abroad and signs off its outstanding documents.

The handing-over was attended by SporTT director Hayden Mitchell, the chief executive officer (CEO) Jason Williams, director of Physical Education and Sports Patrice Charles, Pro League chairman Richard Fakoory, T&T Football Association president David John-Williams and other club representatives at the National Aquatic Centre (NAC) in Balmain, Couva.

Shabazz, the lead administrator at Morvant Caledonia, responded to concerns raised about a possible solution to Government’s constant injection of funds to save the Pro League, its clubs and by extension, the sport in general, through which hundreds of stakeholders survive, and national teams are resourced.

According to Shabazz, “Give us the grounds in the communities and I guarantee it will stop us from going back to the Government for help.

“It seems the easier thing is to give us a cheque so the dependency will continue. However, if we get the community fields we are able to wean our clubs off government funding.”

Shabazz believes football’s problem is ingrained deep within the psyche of T&T’s people, saying the concept of feeding us a fish rather than to teaching us how to fish has been a major downfall for T&T as a people.

He pointed to the difference with the sport of cricket, where Preysal and Clarke Road operate grounds that are under the control of Regional Corporations. “The man called football remains landless while the man called Mr cricket can stand on his own.”

“His corporation gave him land and a means to make money, while we get a cheque and no land to develop our vision into becoming a Queen’s Park. If we get the grounds for ourselves, in that way we will get off our knees and stop begging the Government for help,” Shabazz noted.

Fakoory too believes football will not stand on its own if clubs are not given a means to generate its own revenues.

Government’s $4.8 million injection into football was the first of three to be given in as many years, aimed at helping clubs and the League to put its house in order financially. The money is expected to help teams pay salaries.

John-Williams said they are grateful for the financial assistance by the Government which comes at a time when the sport has been short on investors.

It is expected that each club will get $50,000 each a month for 14 months ending October 2018. The league kicks-off on Friday.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2018, 03:36:49 AM »
Hashim Arcia earns D/Force winning league start against Morv’t Caledonia and Jabloteh and Civic play to goalless draw.
ttproleague.com.

Defence Force FC begun the new 2018 Pro League championship campaign with a victory on opening night, Friday, but had their work cut out against an improved Morvant Caledonia United outfit which they managed to overcome 4-3 in the second game of a Super Friday double-header at Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

Substitute Hashim Arcia scored the winner for coach Marvin Gordon’s side, after the Tetron Boys twice needed to come from behind with Devorn Jorsling (38) and an own goal credited to Morvant Caledonia’s Jomokie Cassimy (58) cancelling out strikes by Morvant Caledonia’s Quincy Ballah (31) and R3naldo Francois (40).

Brent Sam (66) gave Defence Force the lead for the first time before Sheldon Holder (70) levelled the Eastern Stallions. But Arcia (73) had the last say, grabbing the winner in an enthralling affair after San Juan Jabloteh and Point Fortin Civic played to a dreadful goalless stalemate in the opening game.

Morvant Caledonia started brightly, but saw Kerry Daniel, Kareem Joseph and Holder all denied by Defence Force goalkeeper Andre Marchan in the first six minutes.

Marchan, however, was hung out to dry by his defence on the half hour mark and Ballah put the Jerry Moe-coached Morvant Caledonia 1-0 ahead with a cool finish after Francois, picked out by Holder in the box, rolled a feed across the area.

Jorsling levelled Defence Force 1-1 with a simple tap in on Terrence Lewis’s goal on 38 minutes when Thurlani George headed a Sam cross back into the six yard area.

But Morvant Caledonia were back in front two minutes later, for a 2-1 lead which they took in at the break, thanks to a finish from Francois who had earlier unleashed a stinger which troubled Marchan.

Morvant Caledonia looked on their way to exacting revenge over the side that thumped them 4-0 in the semi-finals of the First Citizens Cup a month ago, but for a second time allowed the narrow lead to slip – this time by their own doing.

Referee Kwinsi Williams credited the goal to Cassimy, the defender he said inadvertently headed into his own net two minutes from the hour mark on a corner swung in by Dylon King who was denied by ‘keeper Lewis.

Sam then handed Defence Force the lead for the first time on 66 minutes with his sixth goal in all competitions this season when he beat Lewis in mid-air to win an Aklie Edwards cross before nodding a header into the net for a 3-2 lead.

That too, was however short-lived when only seconds onto the pitch Morvant Caledonia debutant Shem Clauzel was influential in setting up Holder to find the back of the soldiers’ net to put the scores at 3-3 in the 70th minute.

But a double-substitution made by Gordon early in the second half would pay huge dividends – full three points to be exact – after Arcia, picked out by a squared pass from Jameel Cooper from the left, thundered a strike through the legs of Lewis from 20 yards out in the 73rd minute for the eventual 4-3 winner.

Morvant Caledonia must next travel to Civic from 7pm at the Mahaica Oval on Tuesday in Match Day Two in search of their first point/s, while Defence Force will host St. Ann’s Rangers from 7pm at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Wednesday.

Today (Saturday) Match Day One continues with defending champions North East Stars hosting recently crowned First Citizens Cup champions Central FC from 4pm at Larry Gomes Stadium.

The action returns to Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday with W Connection against St. Ann’s Rangers from 4pm followed by Club Sando taking on Police FC from 6pm.

Results - Round 1 Match Day 1

San Juan Jabloteh 0 vs Point Fortin Civic 0, at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Defence Force FC 4 (Devorn Jorsling 38’, Jomokie Cassimy Own Goal 58’, Brent Sam 66’, Hashim Arcia 73’) vs Morvant Caledonia United 3 (Quincy Ballah 31’, Renaldo Francois 40’, Sheldon Holder 70’), at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Teams

Game 1

San Juan Jabloteh: 30.Shemel Louison (GK); 3.Travis Joseph, 10.Jomoul Francois, 13.Kristoff John, 15.Dellon Jagessar, 16.Jamal Spencer, 17.Sean Bonval (9.Jaydon Prowell 70th minute), 18.Jevon Morris, 20.Elton John (Capt.) (4.Nical Stephens 63rd minute), 24.Kareem Eastman, 25.Nickell Orr (19.Joel Lewis 54th minute).

Unused substitutes: 1.Christopher Biggette (GK); 2.Nicholai Orr, 7.Elijah Manners, 12.Keron Bethelmy.

Coach: Keith Jeffrey

Point Fortin Civic: 22.Miles Goodman (GK); 7.Hughtun Hector (Capt.), 8.Jamal John, 10.Jabari Mitchell (12.Rondel Phillip 81st minute), 11.Akeem Redhead, 19.Nathaniel Garcia (24.Akinola Gregory 83rd minute), 20.Bevon Bass, 21.Ronell Paul, 27.Darnell Hospedales, 30.Nion Lammy (6.Judah Garcia 65th minute), 33.Justin Sadoo.

Unused substitutes: 1.Jasse Aguillerra (GK); 14.Shaquille John, 15.Nideon Noel, 25.Shaquille Dublin.

Coach: Reynold Carrington

Referee: Marlon Peruse

Game 2

Defence Force FC: 1.Andre Marchan (GK); 4.Dave Long (32.Jameel Cooper 52nd minute), 6.Rodell Elcock, 8.Brent Sam (23.Kerry Joseph 77th minute), 9.Devorn Jorsling, 13.Marvin Jones, 17.Curtis Gonzales, 19.Thurlani George (10.Hashim Arcia 52nd minute), 21.Aklie Edwards, 45.Dylon King, 99.Jerwyn Balthazar (Capt.).

Unused substitutes: 25.Sheldon Clarke (GK); 5.Jerome Mc Intyre, 16.Kellon Serrette, 20.Levi Serries.

Coach: Marvin Gordon.

Morvant Caledonia United: 1.Terrence Lewis (GK); 3.Richard Williams, 4.Maurice Ford, 5.Joshua Sylvester, 10.Sheldon Holder (9.Sedale Mc Lean 82nd minute), 11.Quincy Ballah, 12.Kareem Joseph (Capt.) (8.Andrew Murray 74th minute), 17.Kerry Daniel, 19.Renaldo Francois (21.Shem Clauzel 69th minute), 22.Joshua Alexander, 28.Jomokie Cassimy.

Unused substitutes: 30.Dejourn Charles (GK); 15.Malik Mieres, 16.Travell Edwards, 26.Jair Edwards.

Coach: Jerry Moe

Referee: Kwinsi Williams

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2018, 03:42:50 AM »
Akim Armstrong brace good enough for Central as Couva Sharks beat Pro League holders North East Stars.
ttproleague.com.

Akim Armstrong’s first-half brace proved enough to earn Central FC a routine 2-0 win over North East Stars, the defending Pro League (PL) champions, today at Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar.

The Stars, less than a shadow of the bunch that celebrated the PL title under Derek King last season, fell behind after only two minutes when Armstrong prodded in a Keron Cummings’ cross to belly the back of goalkeeper Glenroy Samuel’s net.

Armstrong grabbed his second on 35 minutes with a cool finish at the back post after Samuel had stretched to his left to spoon out a strike from Duane Muckette. But with Samuel’s defence almost absent and the ball landing in the path of the eventual double-scorer, Central were comfortably in front 2-0.

Armstrong, who joined Central this year from Club Sando, took his tally to four goals in all domestic competitions for the Couva Sharks, snapping a five-game drought since scoring both goals in a 2-0 won over St. Ann’s Rangers in their opening group play of the First Citizens Cup on June 10.

Central went all the way to celebrate the First Citizens Cup on July 20 with a 4-2 penalty win over Defence Force FC following a 2-2 draw, and today enjoyed a winning start to their 2018 PL campaign against their former coach, Yugoslav-boorn Zoran Vranes, who returned Trinidad this year as part of North East Stars’ new management’s player development approach.

Central were the sole aggressors throughout while North East Stars struggled to test the Couva Sharks’ Trinidad and Tobago national team goalkeeper Marvin Phillip.

Vranes’ side came closest to testing Phillip in the fourth minute when Kyle Bartholomew’s pass from the left picked out Rakim Cabie. A timely challenge however stopped Cabie in his tracks but defender Dwight Pope injured his thigh in the process, forcing Central assistant coach Walt Noriega – caretaking in absence of Stern John – into a premature change with Anthony Charles entering play.

Muckette and Cummings, both from set pieces, and Dominic Douglas with drilled attempt just wide, all gave North East Stars and Samuel worrying moments before the break.

The Couva Sharks however failed to convert chances in the second half, most notably when Samuel denied Cummings at point blank in the 90th minute, getting glove to the midfielder’s header off a Taryk Sampson cross before substitute Obadele Dickson was denied by the upright on the rebound.

Cabie then made a clearance at the goalmouth to keep out a Muckette strike after Cummings cued up his hardworking midfield partner in stoppage time.

North East Stars may have walked away at the final whistle pleased to avoid a heavier defeat against a star-studded Couva Sharks, but not with a sixth consecutive loss from as many matches in all competitions this season. Vranes’ bunch must now train their focus on San Juan Jabloteh, who they host at the same Larry Gomes Stadium from 4pm on Tuesday.

Central meanwhile have started top of the PL standings, moving ahead of Defence Force FC, 4-3 winners over Morvant Caledonia United yesterday, by goal-difference with their fourth consecutive win in all competitions and sixth victory from seven outings.

Central will look to another three points against Club Sando, in what should be a tougher challenge on Wednesday from 6pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

Sando will kick off their 2018 PL campaign on Sunday (tomorrow) against Police FC from 6pm in the second game of a double-header at Ato Boldon Stadium. W Connection will take on a fresh-look St. Ann’s Rangers in the first match from 4pm.

North East Stars 0 vs Central FC 2 (Akim Armstrong 2’, 35’), at Larry Gomes Stadium.

Teams

North East Stars: 1.Glenroy Samuel (GK); 4.Sean Bateau (Capt.), 5.Sowande Preito, 7.Hayden Tinto, 11.Kyle Bartholomew, 15.Lashawn Roberts (2.Jabari Brathwaite 46th minute), 16.Daniel La Croix (33.Terrel Roberts 78th minute), 18.Josiah Daniel, 19.Kerdell Sween, 23.Sherwyn Williams (13.Jankeon Alexander 55th minute), 24.Rakim Cabie.

Unused substitute: 21.Javon Sample (GK).

Coach: Zoran Vranes

Central FC: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 5.Dwight Pope (27.Anthony Charles 10th minute), 8.Akim Armstrong, 10.Keron Cummings, 12.Taryk Sampson, 13.Rhondel Gibson, 15.Kaydion Gabriel (29.Kerry Baptiste 61st minute), 19.Jared London 22.Jameel Neptune, 24.Duane Muckette (Capt.), 26.Dominic Douglas (17.Obadele Dickson 78th minute).

Unused substitutes: 7.Hakim Baird, 9.Jamal Gay, 18.Densill Theobald.

Assistant Coach: Walt Noriega

Referee: Cecile Hinds

Upcoming Games

(‪Sunday 12 August)

W Connection vs St. Ann’s Rangers, ‪4pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
Club Sando vs Police FC, ‪6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium.

(Tuesday 14 August)

North East Stars vs San Juan Jabloteh, 4pm at Larry Gomes Stadium;
Point Fortin Civic vs Morvant Caledonia United, 7pm at Mahaica Oval.

(Wednesday 15 August)

Club Sando vs Central FC, 6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
W Connection vs Police FC, 8pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
Defence Force FC vs St. Ann’s Rangers, 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2018, 02:48:09 AM »
Jomal Williams scores on Connection return in win over new-look Rangers; Tyrone Charles leads Sando to win over Police.
ttproleague.com.

Trinidad and Tobago international Jomal Williams marked his return to W Connection with a goal to complete a 3-0 rout for the Savonetta Boys over a new-look St. Ann’s Rangers on Sunday in their opening game of the 2018 Pro League campaign.

On a weekend that earlier saw rivals Defence Force FC and Central FC win, it was important that Connection started the new league campaign in solid fashion as assistant coach and former striker Earl Jean stood caretaker in absence of head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier who is away on international duty with the T&T Under-14s.

Connection’s display however was marred by a basket of missed chances - albeit dominating a Rangers side that fielded eight Pro League debutants between ages 17 – 23, including 17-year-old goalkeeper Josiah Perez who gave a Man-of-the-Match performance with no less than a dozen stops inclusive of a double-save in the second half to deny ace Marcus Joseph and a rebound effort from Daniel Diaz.

Rangers executed a complete overhaul in July, splitting from partner MIC-IT and coach Adrian Roman, making way for new corporate partner Terminix, and a way for debutant coach Dave “Hog Head” Quamina, his supporting staff, and a new player roster.

“We weren’t bad,” said Quamina, who dressed the part - black jacket, a pair of black trousers and a white shirt – for the occasion in the first game of a double-header at the Ato Boldon Stadium. “It’s just that we were against W Connection.”

Club Sando also joined winners’ row by completing Match Day One with a 2-1 win over Police FC in the second game of Sunday’s double header.

Tyrone Charles gave Sando the lead in stoppage-time of the first half by turning debutant Shackiel Henry’s cross past Adrian Foncette - a strike that would have surely new assistant coach and former T&T international Cornell Glen proud - before a Kevon Piper effort ricocheted off Kurdell Brathwaite to cushion Angus Eve’s men on the hour and referee Rashby Mc Phie awarding the own goal to the Police defender.

Police were lucky not to concede in the 44th minute when a Keron Cornwall free kick cannoned off the upright.

Kareem Freitas pulled back a goal for Police with a thump nine minutes from time, though it wasn’t enough to stage a late comeback for Richard Hood’s Lawmen who were denied twice in the first half by brilliant stops from Sando goalkeeper Kelvin Henry, possibly spurred on by Perez’s performance in the earlier contest.

Marcus Joseph brilliantly executed finish after controlling off his chest a deep cross from Adan Noel ahead of defender Fedric Commissiong to lift a shot into the roof of Perez’s net on 18 minutes stood the only item that separated Connection from their opponents before the break after the heroics of the Rangers ‘keeper.

It was not until late that substitutes Kennedy Hinkson and Jomal Williams added two quick-fire goals to earn Connection a respectable 3-0 score.

Hinkson smashed a Kurt Frederick cross off the underside of the bar to cushion Connection 2-0 in the 90th minute before Williams completed a move involving Kierron Mason and Kadeem Corbin with a curling strike past a hapless Perez in stoppage time.

“It’s great to be back after such a long time and hitting the back of the net on my return,” said Williams, 24, who is back in Trinidad after loan stints in Mexico and Azerbaijan with Murcielagos and Zira PFK, respectively.

“It is always an honour to play for W Connection and in my home league. A lot of new faces to me at Connection, but the players are all of a high level and I’m excited for the games ahead.”

Williams, who says there is the possibility of returning to South America by year’s end, said his playing experiences in Mexico and Azerbaijan was “very good” and that “the level of play was very high in both leagues.”

Connection returns to action on Wednesday against Police from 8pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium, while Rangers will face another tough challenge against Defence Force from 7pm on the same day at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Quamina felt there were positives for Rangers and believes his side can improve after their display against Connection.

“Almost our entire squad were making their Pro League debut today, including me … including the management,” said the Rangers coach. “And we did well against W Connection – the most successful team in the history of the league. I saw a lot of positives with our discipline in trying to stifle them (Connection) as much as possible, although we were a bit slow on the transition. But we can only get better from here on.

“W Connection were no easy team and we did well. We lapsed in two minutes at the end and gave away two more goals [for the heavy defeat.”

Lukeman Brooks, Miquel Williams, Tyrese Williams and Jalineo O’Rosco were also among teenagers that started against Connection and led by a 23-year-old Rangers captain, Chadley David.

Former Morvant Caledonia midfielder Taje Commissiong and Xae-Pierre Defou and Lukeman, two of only three Rangers players retained from Romain’s era, were the only starters with top-flight experience to Quamina’s team.

Miquel Williams had a great opportunity to level Rangers on 78 minutes after Connection were caught on a break by Taje Commissiong, but the forward nervously skied his attempt from inside the box, over bar.

“Our ambition is two-fold,” explained Quamina. “We want to produce quality for the [Trinidad and Tobago] national team by the time the 2022 World Cup qualifiers come around. We also want to build the club into one that can challenge for titles in the future.

“And the only way we can move forward is to try and develop a young team – it is a project.”

W Connection 3 (Marcus Joseph 18’, Kennedy Hinkson 90’, Jomal Williams 90’+2) vs St. Ann’s Rangers 0, at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Club Sando 2 (Tyrone Charles 45’+2, Kurdell Brathwaite Own Goal 59’) vs Police FC 1 (Kareem Freitas 81’), at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Teams

Game 1

W Connection: 18.Julani Archibald (GK), 2.Kurt Frederick, 3.Gerard Williams, 5.Triston Hodge, 6.Kevon Goddard (27.Kierron Mason 74th minute), 9.Kadeem Corbin, 10.Dimitrie Apai (7.Jomal Williams 71st minute), 11.Adan Noel, 19.Briel Thomas, 20.Daniel Diaz (23.Kennedy Hinkson 81st minute), 99.Marcus Joseph.

Unused substitutes: 33.Jason Belfon (GK); 8.Jameel Antoine, 15.Otev Lawrence, 26.Isaiah Garcia.

Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier

St. Ann’s Rangers: 50.Josiah Perez (GK); 4.Lukeman Brooks, 53.Chadley David (Capt.), 54.Fedric Commissiong, 55.Alexis Blackwell, 56.Taje Commissiong, 57.Miquel Williams, 58.Cedric Commissiong, 60.Tyrese Williams (76.Jerrell Hibbert 46th minute), 65.Jalineo O’Rosco, 78.Xae-Pierre Defou (77.Shaquille Thomas 46th minute).

Unused substitutes: 22.Jabari St. Hillaire (GK), 62.Leonardo Da Costa, 63.Leandro Da Costa, 72.Anthony Kallicharan, 74.Deyshawn Edwards.

Coach: Dave Quamina.

Referee: Keilon Bacchus

Game 2

Club Sando: 34.Kelvin Henry (GK); 5.Trevin Latapy (21.Derron John 87th minute), 6.Kemuel Rivers, 7.Akeem Humphrey, 8.Kevon Piper, 9.Shackiel Henry (19.Quinn Rodney 77th minute), 10.Keron Cornwall, 12.Michael Basdeo, 17.Tyrone Charles (16.Micahh Lansiquot 66th minute), 23.Nicholas Thomas, 27.Jayson Joseph (Capt.).

Unused substitutes: 1.Stefan Berkley (GK); 13.Shakiyl Phillip, 14.Kadeem Gittens, 18.Aaron Kennedy.

Coach: Angus Eve

Police FC: 18.Adrian Foncette (GK) (Capt.), 3.Ryan O’Neil (16.Brendon Creed 39th minute), 5.Kenaz Williams, 7.Kareem Perry, 8.Kurdell Brathwaite, 9.Jameel Perry (19.Christon Thomas 65th minute), 10.Kareem Freitas, 12.Nequan Caruth, 15.Christian Thomas, 21.Todd Ryan (25.Kaashif Thomas 45th minute), 29.Clevon Mc Fee.

Unused substitutes: 22.Theon Browne (GK); 4.Kadeem Boyce, 11.Micah Lewis, 23.Shakuile Williams.

Coach: Richard Hood

Referee: Rashby Mc Phie

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »
WATCH: W-Connection vs St. Ann’s Rangers and Club Sando vs Police FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PvyvKLL7gPg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PvyvKLL7gPg</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2018, 07:28:54 AM »
Sean Bonval gives Jabloteh taste at top of Pro League standings; Morvant Caledonia held at Civic
T&T Pro League Media

Four-time former champions San Juan Jabloteh are breathing in the air at the top for the first time in a very long time, after a narrow 1-0 win over Pro League holders North East Stars at Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar on Tuesday.

The victory -- Jabloteh’s first after six attempts in all competitions this season -- lifted the Keith Jeffrey-coached San Juan Kings top of the standings with 4 points from two games.

Sean Bonval’s strike off a rebound in the 76th minute proved decisive against a North East Stars side bottom of the standings and now with seven losses from as many games in all competitions this season.

But Jabloteh’s stay at the top will undoubtedly be short-lived with W Connection, Central FC, Defence Force FC and Club Sando all tied on three points and in action on Wednesday (today).

Sando and Connection are against Central and Police FC, respectively from 6pm and 8pm at Ato Boldon Stadium, while Defence Force takes on St. Ann’s Rangers from 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Also on Tuesday, Point Fortin Civic (2 points) registered a second consecutive draw after two league games, holding visiting Morvant Caledonia United (1 point) to a 2-2 draw at Mahaica Oval.

Richard Williams put Morvant Caledonia ahead after just three minutes with his maiden goal for the Eastern Stallions, but Malik Mieres had to level the visitors two minutes into the second half for a 2-2 draw after Nion Lammy (30) and Hughtun Hector (38) had equalized for and put the hosts ahead before the break, respectively.

Morvant Caledonia, still in search for a league will resume play on August 22 against North East Stars, a completely new side headed by a new management and staff and a bunch of players under development this season - nothing from the bunch that won the league last season under Derek King.

Bonval struck midway through the second half, but it was Jaydon Prowell, only four minutes onto the pitch against the side he started the season with, forced Samuel into a diving save. Samuel spooned the ball out as far as Bonval at the back post, and the Jabloteh winger made no mistake.

Moments earlier, Jomoul Francois, who had two attempts in the smothered in the first half, drilled a huge scoring chance just wide of the goalkeeper Samuel’s upright after controlling inside the box when substitute Elijah Manners delivered a delightful cross.

Prowell, who rolled an attempt wide in stoppage time, had earlier provided danger again for North East Stars with a right side pass into the box, but an audacious flick attempt by scorer Bonval, then a lunging attempt by Francois both were unable to find the back of Samuel’s net.

Samuel made sure of North East Stars smallest defeat of the season with a point blank save with the legs to deny Jabloteh right-back Travis Joseph, who was played in on goal by a deep diagonal feed from substitute Nical Stephens who replaced an injured Kareem Eastman after just 18 minutes.

Hayden Tinto was close to putting North East Stars ahead on 20 minutes when he drilled a low effort through a crowd and only missed Shemel Louison’s far upright by inches.

Lashawn Roberts had the chance of rescuing North East Stars to a draw in stoppage time, but the substitute failed avoid his side a seventh straight loss in all competitions by directing a cross off target at the back post.

Pro League 2018
Round 1 Match Day 2 results
(Tuesday 14 August)

North East Stars 0 vs San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Sean Bonval 76’), at Larry Gomes Stadium;

Point Fortin Civic 2 (Nion Lammy 30’, Hughtun Hector 38’) vs Morvant Caledonia United 2 (Richard Williams 3’, Malik Mieres 47’), at Mahaica Oval.

Upcoming Round 1 Match Day 2 fixtures
(Wednesday 15 August)

Club Sando vs Central FC, 6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;

W Connection vs Police FC, 8pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Defence Force FC vs St. Ann’s Rangers, 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Teams at the Larry Gomes Stadium on Tuesday
North East Stars: 1.Glenroy Samuel (GK); 2.Jabari Brathwaite, 4.Sean Bateau (Capt.), 7.Hayden Tinto, 11.Kyle Bartholomew, 13.Jankeon Alexander, 16.Daneil La Croix (15.Lashawn Roberts 79th minute), 18.Josiah Daniel, 19.Kerdell Sween, 22.Allister Bernard (8.Saleem Henry 65th minute), 24.Rakim Cabie.

Unused substitutes: 21.Javon Sample (GK); 5.Sowande Preito, 20.Dareem Daniel, 23.Sherwyn Williams, 33.Terrell Roberts.

San Juan Jabloteh: 30.Shemel Louison (GK); 3.Travis Joseph, 10.Jomoul Francois, 12.Keron Bethelmy, 13.Kristoff John (7.Elijah Manners 59th minute), 16.Jamal Spencer, 17.Sean Bonval, 18.Jevon Morris, 19.Joel Lewis (9.Jaydon Prowell 72nd minute), 20.Elton John (Capt.), 24.Kareem Eastman (4.Nical Stephens 19th minute).

Unused substitutes: 1.Christopher Biggette (GK); 2.Nicholai Orr, 11.Kishon Havkshaw, 15.Dellon Jagessar.

Coach: Keith Jeffrey

Match Referee: Kwinsi Williams

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2018, 07:08:06 AM »
Balthazar scores handful as Defence Force thrash Rangers 10-0; Central held by Sando, and Connection whip Police
T&T Pro League Media

Jerwyn Balthazar struck five times in the first half as Defence Force FC humiliated St. Ann’s Rangers 10-0 on Wednesday night at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Round One Match Day Two of the 2018 Pro League.

Balthazar, 35, Defence Force’s veteran playmaker, scored in the 19th, 21st, 32nd, 36th and 40th minutes after Thurlani George (15) opened the scoring for the Tetron Boys against Rangers, a completely new outfit under a new coaching staff headed by Dave “Hog Head” Quamina.

Dylon King (43), an ex-Rangers frontman, made it 8-nil before the break, in a half that included an own goal credited to Rangers captain Chadley David (29).

Brent Sam (48 & 61) hit the back of Rangers’ net twice in the second half to put his tally at eight goals in all competitions this season to complete the 10-0 romp against a side that are made up of mostly Pro League newcomers and more than half the “development” roster teenagers – and none above 23.

Quamina and company would have surely thought they avoided a baptism of fire, losing 3-0 against Pro League powerhouse W Connection in their opening league game last Sunday, but they did not escape the fury of top flight football by their second outing.

Defence Force (6 points) climbed top of the standings but only ahead of Connection by a superior goal difference after the Savonetta Boys whipped Police FC 4-0 in the second game of a double-header at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Central FC and Club Sando follow in third and fourth, respectively, with four points each as San Juan Jabloteh, after playing to a 1-1 draw in the first game in Couva.

Sando had led the Central from 12 minutes when recent signing Shackiel Henry got the better of experienced Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Marvin Phillip to poke the Oranges in front 1-0.

Central were dealt another blow in the 57th minute when defender Jared London, who joined the Couva Sharks this year from Sando, was shown the red card by referee Kellon Bacchus after picking up his second yellow card of the second half for a tug on Henry which took the former Point Fortin Civic and Connection forward to ground in the final third.

But just as Central caretaker Walt Noriega was about to make a tactical change at the expense of veteran poacher Kerry Baptiste with his team down to ten men, the former Pro League Player of the Year combined brilliantly with Duane Muckette in the 64th minute at the edge of the Sando area for the latter to score a wonderful equalising goal past a hapless Kelvin Henry to put the scores at 1-1 following a left side move by Jameel Neptune.

Noriega, though, still proceeded with the change with Hakim Baird replacing Baptiste, one of two starting changes from his team’s opening 2-0 league win over North East Stars.

In the night’s second game, Kadeem Corbin opened Connection’s scoring against Police with a superb volley past goalkeeper Adrian Foncette for a 1-0 lead in the 35th minute off a delightful Isaiah Garcia cross from the right to redeem himself for a missed chance in the second minute.

Connection captain and St. Kitts/Nevis international Gerard Williams cushioned the Savonetta Boys 2-0 from the penalty spot three minutes into the second half after referee CJ O’Brien ruled a handball in the box against Police defender Ryan O’Neil whose arm made contact to the ball as rolled on the ball in a sliding attempt to cut off a cross from Adan Noel.

Jomal “Bebo” Williams, for a second consecutive time since returning to Connection after loan stints in Mexico and Azerbaijan, arrived off the bench to score a brilliant solo goal which beat Foncette from 25 yards to put the score at 3-0.

Marcus “Lobo” Joseph completed the 4-0 rout in the 90th minute with his ninth goal in all competitions this season against a ‘keeper he had troubled on a few occasions on the night.

Foncette, despite ending on the wrong side of the score-line, made two excellent stoppage-time saves against Joseph.

Connection returns to play against rivals Central FC on Saturday in Match Day Three for the first Couva Clasico of the season from 6pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium, preceding a 4pm clash between Defence Force and North East Stars.

Simultaneously at the Mannie Ramjohn Stadium, Police FC will take on San Juan Jabloteh from 4pm, and from 6pm at Mahaica Oval, Club Sando will visit Point Fortin Civic.

Pro League 2018
Round 1 Match Day 2 results
(Wednesday 15 August)

Club Sando 1 (Shackiel Henry 12’) vs Central FC 1 (Duane Muckette 64’), at Ato Boldon Stadium;

W Connection 4 (Kadeem Corbin 35’, Gerard Williams 48’, Jomal Williams 79’, Marcus Joseph 90’) vs Police FC 0, at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Defence Force FC 10 (Thurlani George 15’, Jerwyn Balthazar 19’, 21’, 32’, 36’, 40’, Chadley David Own Goal 29’, Dylon King 43’, Brent Sam 48’, 61’) vs St. Ann’s Rangers 0, at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

(Tuesday 14 August)
North East Stars 0 vs San Juan Jabloteh 1 (Sean Bonval 76’), at Larry Gomes Stadium;

Point Fortin Civic 2 (Nion Lammy 30’, Hughtun Hector 38’) vs Morvant Caledonia United 2 (Richard Williams 3’, Malik Mieres 47’), at Mahaica Oval.

Upcoming Round 1 Match Day 3 fixtures
(Saturday 18 August)

Police FC vs San Juan Jabloteh, 4pm at Mannie Ramjohn Stadium;
Defence Force FC vs North East Stars, 4pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
Central FC vs W Connection, 6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
Point Fortin Civic vs Club Sando, 6pm at Mahaica Oval.

(Saturday 01 September)
St. Ann’s Rangers vs Morvant Caledonia United, 6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium.

Teams at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Wednesday
Game 1
Club Sando:
34.Kelvin Henry (GK); 5.Trevin Latapy, 6.Kemuel Rivers, 7.Akeem Humphrey, 8.Kevon Piper (19.Quinn Rodney 73rd minute), 9.Shackiel Henry, 10.Keron Cornwall (16.Micahh Lansiquot 80th minute), 12.Michael Basdeo, 17.Tyrone Charles (21.Derron John 90th minute), 23.Nicholas Thomas, 27.Jayson Joseph (Capt.).

Unused substitutes: 1.Stefan Berkley (GK); 13.Shakiyl Phillip, 14.Kadeem Gittens, 18.Aaron Kennedy.

Coach: Angus Eve

Central FC: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 8.Akim Armstrong, 10.Keron Cummings, 27.Anthony Charles, 12.Taryk Sampson, 15.Kaydion Gabriel, 22.Jameel Neptune, 19.Jared London, 24.Duane Muckette (Capt.), 26.Dominic Douglas (13.Rhondel Gibson 78th minute), 29.Kerry Baptiste (7.Hakim Baird 66th minute).

Unused substitutes: 5.Dwight Pope, 9.Jamal Gay, 17.Obadele Dickson, 18.Densill Theobald.

Caretaker: Walt Noriega

Match Officials
Referee: Keilon Bacchus
Assistant Referee 1: Johann Corneille
Assistant Referee 2: Jordan Cox
Fourth Official: Marlon Peruse
Referees’ Assessor: Annaz Mohammed
Match Commissioner: Wayne Caesar

Game 2
W Connection:
18.Julani Archibald (GK), 2.Kurt Frederick, 3.Gerard Williams, 5.Triston Hodge, 6.Kevon Goddard (8.Jameel Antoine 84th minute), 9.Kadeem Corbin, 11.Adan Noel (27.Kierron Mason 66th minute), 19.Briel Thomas, 20.Daniel Diaz (7.Jomal Williams 46th minute), 26.Isaiah Garcia, 99.Marcus Joseph.

Unused substitutes: 1.Aquelius Sylvester (GK); 13.Caleb Sturge, 15.Otev Lawrence, 34.Cephas St. Rose.

Police FC: 18.Adrian Foncette (GK) (Capt.); 3.Ryan O’Neil, 5.Kenaz Williams, 8.Kurdell Brathwaite, 9.Jameel Perry, 12.Nequan Caruth, 19.Christon Thomas (32.Keion Wilson 62nd minute), 23.Shakuile Williams, 25.Kaashif Thomas (13.Dillon Kirton 69th minute), 27.Rushawn Murphy (29.Clevon Mc Fee 62nd minute).

Unused substitutes: 22.Theon Browne (GK); 4.Kadeem Boyce, 16.Brendon Creed, 24.Xavier Wheeler.

Coach: Richard Hood

Official
Referee: CJ O’Brien

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2018, 05:12:09 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of Defence Force’s 10-0 win over St. Ann’s Rangers. As far as I know this is the largest defeat in the Pro League in about 10 years.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CnXGqxkfXEY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CnXGqxkfXEY</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hqAlA7piiRs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hqAlA7piiRs</a>
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 05:42:39 PM by Tallman »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #87 on: August 19, 2018, 04:04:40 AM »
Marcus ‘Lobo’ Joseph scores Couva Clasico hat-trick in Connection 6-1 romp over Central; Stars stun Army while Sando, Jabloteh earn narrow wins.
ttproleague.com.

Marcus ‘Lobo’ Joseph scored his second hat-trick of the season in all competitions as W Connection trashed bitter rivals Central FC 6-1 in the first Couva Clasico of the 2018 Pro League campaign on Saturday.

Joseph, who was denied by the frame and twice by Trinidad and Tobago goalkeeper Marvin Phillip in the first half of the second match of a double-header at Ato Boldon Stadium, scored his 10th, 11th and 12th goals in all competitions in the second period as Connection (9 points) recorded a third straight league win from as many matches to now lead the standings.

Joseph’s bagged his first hat-trick of the season on June 1 in a 7-1 Charity Shield win over league holders North East Stars, who, after seven straight defeats in all competitions, celebrated their best result of the campaign in the opening game of Saturday’s double-header with a late 1-1 draw with then leaders Defence Force FC.

Defence Force went ahead through an own goal credited to Lashawn Roberts after 69 minutes of brilliant goalkeeping from Glenroy Samuel kept his team in the game.

But after defender Curtis Gonzales, in a desperate effort to rescue the Tetron Boys, executed a fine piece of goalkeeping to keep out a shot from Kyle Bartholomew, the latter converted from the spot to level the game in the final minute of regular time.

Gonzales was rewarded a direct red card and his marching orders but an applause from the crowd for his heroics before Bartholomew, the only serving player from North East Stars’ league-winning team of last season, beat the elastic frame of Andre Marchan.

However what followed in the feature match, outdid expectations as Central were little match for a Connection side that welcomed the return of their head coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier who was away on international duty with the T&T Under-14s.

Adan Noel and substitute Kierron Mason both celebrated their maiden league goals for the club they joined this season, netting Connection’s first and last items against the Couva Sharks on a cold wet night which also saw T&T international Jomal Williams, with an audacious lob, put his tally at three league goals in three consecutive appearances since returning to the “Savonetta Boys” following loan stints in Mexico and Azerbaijan with Murcielagos and Zira FK, respectively.

Noel put Connection ahead after just seven minutes, beating goalkeeper Phillip at the near post after collecting a Kadeem Corbin pass which dissected the Couva Sharks’ defence.

Noel, a speedy winger who joined from Club Sando, added to his shine with an assist six minutes into the second half. Noel’s low cross from the right – at the end of a sweeping move by the Savonetta Boys – was met by Marcus Joseph who turned it past Phillip for a 2-0 cushion.

Joseph got to his double on 68 minutes to extend coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier’s men’s lead, 3-0, with a powerful finish past the Phillip off a left side cross from Jomal Williams, making his first start for the season after two appearances off the bench.

Central pulled back a goal, putting the scores at 1-3 from the penalty spot through Akim Armstrong in the 80th minute after Duane Muckette was tripped in the box by defender Triston Hodge.

Connection also had a penalty shout early on in the second half after Jomal Williams went to ground in a tangle, but it wasn’t enough to convince referee Kwinsi Williams.

Jomal Williams however got his name on the scoresheet in the 83rd minute to restore Connection’s three-goal cushion with a 4-1 score by lifting the ball over a hapless Phillip to find the back of the net after combining with Joseph in the box.

Joseph then completed his hat-trick when he bundled a right side Isaiah Garcia cross into the back of Phillip’s net to make it 5-1 before Mason completed the 6-1 romp with a rasping strike past the Central goalie after a mazy run from Jomal Williams.

Club Sando and San Juan Jabloteh were also in winners’ row on Saturday, joining Defence Force on seven points after narrow wins on Saturday over Point Fortin Civic, 1-0, and Police FC, 2-1, respectively at Mahaica Oval and Mannie Ramjohn Stadium.

Central and Connection resumes play on Tuesday against Jabloteh and Sando respectively from 6pm and 8pm in another double-header at the Ato Boldon Stadium, while Defence Force will take on Police FC from 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

On Wednesday, Point Fortin Civic must travel to the Larry Gomes Stadium from 4pm against St. Ann’s Rangers while Morvant Caledonia United and North East Stars will lock horns from 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Results - Round 1 Match Day 3

Police FC 1 (Kurdell Brathwaite 53’ pen.) vs San Juan Jabloteh 2 (Sean Bonval 38’ pen, Jomoul Francois 56’), at Mannie Ramjohn Stadium;

Defence Force FC 1 (Lashawn Roberts 70’ Own Goal) vs North East Stars 1 (Kyle Bartholomew 90’ pen.), at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Central FC 1 (Akim Armstrong 80’ pen.) vs W Connection 6 (Adan Noel 7’, Marcus Joseph 51’, 68’, 86’, Jomal Williams 83’, Kierron Mason 90’+3), at Ato Boldon Stadium;

Point Fortin Civic 0 vs Club Sando 1 (Kemuel Rivers 88’ pen.), at Mahaica Oval.

Teams

Game 1

Defence Force FC: 1.Andre Marchan (GK); 5.Jerome Mc Intyre (9.Devorn Jorsling 59th minute), 6.Rodell Elcock, 8.Brent Sam, 16.Kellon Serrette (10.Hashim Arcia 54th minute), 17.Curtis Gonzales, 19.Thurlani George (32.Jameel Cooper 54th minute), 20.Levi Serries, 21.Aklie Edwards, 45.Dylon King, 99.Jerwyn Balthazar (Capt.).

Unused substitutes: 25.Sheldon Clarke (GK); 13.Marvin Jones, 15.Shaquille Bertrand, 77.Kendell Hitlal.

Coach: Marvin Gordon.

North East Stars: 1.Glenroy Samuel (GK); 2.Jabari Brathwaite, 4.Sean Bateau (Capt.), 7.Hayden Tinto, 11.Kyle Bartholomew, 13.Jankeon Alexander (23.Sherwyn Williams 79th minute), 15.Lashawn Roberts, 16.Daneil La Croix, 18.Josiah Daniel (20.Dareem Daniel 63rd minute), 19.Kerdell Sween, 22.Allister Bernard (14.Keithen Carter 74th minute).

Unused substitutes: 21.Javon Sample (GK); 5.Sowande Preito, 24.Rakim Cabie, 33.Terrell Roberts.

Referee: Cecile Hinds

Game 2

Central FC: 1.Marvin Phillip (GK); 8.Akim Armstrong, 10.Keron Cummings,
12.Taryk Sampson (17.Obadele Dickson 90th minute), 13.Rhondel Gibson, 27.Anthony Charles, 15.Kaydion Gabriel, 22.Jameel Neptune, 24.Duane Muckette (Capt.), 29.Kerry Baptiste (9.Jamal Gay 52nd minute), 26.Dominic Douglas (7.Hakim Baird 76th minute).

Unused substitutes: 5.Dwight Pope, 18.Densill Theobald.

Caretaker coach: Walt Noriega

W Connection: 18.Julani Archibald (GK), 2.Kurt Frederick, 3.Gerard Williams (Capt.), 5.Triston Hodge, 6.Kevon Goddard (27.Kierron Mason 76th minute), 7.Jomal Williams, 9.Kadeem Corbin, 11.Adan Noel, 19.Briel Thomas, 26.Isaiah Garcia, 99.Marcus Joseph (20.Daniel Diaz 88th minute).

Unused substitutes: 1.Aquelius Sylvester (GK); 8.Jameel Antoine, 13.Caleb Sturge, 15.Otev Lawrence, 34.Cephas St. Rose.

Referee: Kwinsi Williams

Upcoming Games

(Tuesday 21 August)

Defence Force FC vs Police FC, 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium;
Central FC vs San Juan Jabloteh, 6pm at Ato Boldon Stadium;
W Connection vs Club Sando, 8pm at Ato Boldon Stadium.

(Wednesday 22 August)

St. Ann’s Rangers vs Point Fortin Civic, 4pm at Larry Gomes Stadium;
Morvant Caledonia United vs North East Stars, 7pm at Hasely Crawford Stadium.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 04:13:07 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 19, 2018, 10:17:38 PM »
WATCH: Highlights of W-Connection’s 6-1 win over Central FC. Marcus Joseph with the hat-trick. Also Defence Force’s 1-1 draw with North East Stars.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bXushA7khLQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bXushA7khLQ</a>
« Last Edit: August 19, 2018, 10:19:21 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2018, 05:31:49 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of San Juan Jabloteh’s 2-1 win over Police FC

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xfMb_Y-NyVM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xfMb_Y-NyVM</a>

1]; } ?>