March 28, 2024, 04:42:05 AM

Author Topic: Thread for T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (23-Mar-2018)  (Read 7919 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Thread for T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (23-Mar-2018)
« on: February 09, 2018, 04:48:43 AM »
As usual, any updates/scores, shout-outs, reports, predictions, views, etc, on the T&T vs Guadeloupe game at the Pierre Antonius Stadium in Guadeloupe on the 23rd of March 2018 will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look too scrappy with un-necessary or related headlines and postings on game day.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at:

To be updated.

Possible Online Streams.

To be updated.

Possible TV Station.

To be updated.

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic).

Defenders:

Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC/Honduras), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Joevin Jones (SV Darmstadt/Germany), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Kareem Moses (unattached), Mekeil Williams (Richmond Kickers/USA), Triston Hodge (W Connection).

Midfielders:

Leston Paul (Pasaquina FC/El Salvador), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly/Saudi Arabia), Reon Moore (Defence Force), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery/USA), Levi Garcia (Excelsior Rotterdam/Holland), Nathan Lewis (Indy Elevel FC/USA), Nathaniel Garcia (Point Fortin Civic), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence/USA), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force).

Forwards:

Akeem Roach (Unattached), Marcus Joseph (W Connection).

Coach - Dennis Lawrence (TRI).

Guadeloupe Squad

Goalkeepers

Frédéric Tejou (AOG), Kévin Ajax (CSM).

Defenders

Lurick Errin (USBM), Fredy Felicianna (USBM), Rimsky Gerbier (Sirocco), Ronan Hauterville (Sirocco), Kévin Moeson (Solidarité Scolaire), Eddy Viator (capt) - (Solidarite Scolaire), Yohan Nandkissory (AS Gosier).

Midfielders

Travys Albina (Racing Club), Thomas Albon (Solidarité Scolaire), Dimitri Bolivar (USBM), Arthur Cadin (Le Phare), Loïc Romain (Solidarite Scolaire), Romain Linon (Le Phare).

Forwards

Elbert Anatol (Etolie), Wendy Fortune (La Gauloise), Freddy Morand (USBM), Yannick Passape (CSM), Raphaël Mirval (USBM), Lenny Nangis (Valenciennes).

Coach - Jocelyn Angloma (GPE).

Updates to follow as we get more info, so keep checking back.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 09:47:59 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (20-Mar-2018)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 06:38:38 AM »
Former France international and UEFA Champions League winner Jocelyn Angloma is the Head Coach of Guadeloupe. These are the players they have called up.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 03:40:09 PM »
Former France international and UEFA Champions League winner Jocelyn Angloma is the Head Coach of Guadeloupe. These are the players they have called up.

Ah know Dennis ain't go leh a woman beat him  ;D
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 06:11:32 PM »

Ah know Dennis ain't go leh a woman beat him  ;D

eh stop crackin on d french names nah :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2018, 07:13:52 AM »
When Lawrence go name he team?

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 01:53:48 PM »
Are the pro league players even practicing with their clubs?

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
Are the pro league players even practicing with their clubs?

hmm well boy ah could only hope so, because one week before the game ah don't want to hear players are not fit

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lawrence names seventeen to prepare for Guadeloupe,Martinique Friendlies
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 04:53:30 PM »
Lawrence names seventeen to prepare for Guadeloupe,Martinique Friendlies
TTFA Media

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Association today announced 17 players that have commenced training at the Ato Boldon Stadium in preparation for the two upcoming friendlies away to Guadeloupe on March 20th and Martinique on March 23rd.

Head Coach Dennis Lawrence addressed the media today which can be seen in the video below. The overseas-based players invited will be announced in due course.

The team will train daily at the TTFA Home of Football, Ato Boldon Stadium prior to its departure on March 18th for Guadeloupe.

List of Players currently in training

PlayerClub
Hashim ArciaDefence Force
Tyrel EmmanuelShiva Boys' Hindu College
Adrian FoncettePolice FC
Nathaniel GarciaPoint Fortin Civic FC
Rhondel GibsonCentral FC
Kevon GoddardW Connection
Curtis GonzalesDefence Force
Triston HodgeW Connection
Alvin JonesW Connection
Andre MarchanDefence Force
Reon MooreDefence Force
Kareem MosesUnattached
Marvin PhillipPoint Fortin Civic FC
Akeem RoachUnattached
Quinn RodneyW Connection
Kathon St. HillaireSt. Ann’s Rangers
Josiah TrimminghamClub Sando

Staff
Head Coach: Dennis Lawrence
Assistant Coach: Stuart Charles-Fevrier
Assistant Coach: Stern John
Goalkeeper Coach: Ross Russell
Team Doctor: Israel Dowlat
Physiotherapist: Dave Isaac
Massage Therapist: Saron Joseph
Joseph Rooplal
Equipment Manager: Michael Williams
Paul Lawrence
Wayne Cunningham
Manager: Richard Piper

RELATED NEWS

Lawrence calls up “Pappy” and Quinn for senior training squad; laments Pro League woes.
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

Shiva Boys Hindu College midfielder Tyrel “Pappy” Emmanuel was included in the Trinidad and Tobago Men’s National Senior Team training squad for the first time this week, as the Soca Warriors prepare for their first outings of 2018 away to Guadeloupe and Martinique on 20 and 23 March respectively.

Emmanuel was the only current National Under-20 Team player drafted into coach Dennis Lawrence’s 17-man local-based training squad although the Warriors coach also found room for another Shiva Boys student in young winger Quinn Rodney, who is now at W Connection.

There might have been a third player from the 2017 Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) competition but St Anthony’s College student and National Under-20 Team forward Jaydon Prowell declined the invitation as he is preparing to head overseas for a trial.

“These are players that I think would be potentially able to help Trinidad and Tobago football [in the future],” said Lawrence. “[…] These are the players who I felt could come in and push for a spot. It also is good for them to come in and be around the senior players.”

Lawrence, who addressed the media at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva, also announced new call-ups for Central FC defensive midfielder Rhondel Gibson and Defence Force winger Reon Moore, alongside regulars like Point Fortin Civic custodian Marvin Phillip and W Connection defender Alvin Jones.

However, he spoke at length too about the issues within the cash-strapped Pro League and their impact on the National Senior Team.

The Pro League was initially scheduled to start in early March but CEO Dexter Skeene announced his resignation from the struggling body last Friday and there is now not even a proposed launch date although Skeene spoke vaguely in an interview with Wired868 last week of a possible mid-April start-up.

“This is a tricky situation that we find ourselves in because the Pro League season hasn’t started [and] most of the clubs are a bit unaware now [about] what is the position with the Pro League,” he said. “So in terms of our training preparation, we are at a disadvantage straightaway—for our local players in particular. Most of them have been active in their own private and personal way but sometimes it is not sufficient.

“So we are putting together a group to see if we can get them as best prepared as possible [with] what I would say is a microwave pre-season to be ready for these two games.”

The financial uncertainty around the Pro League has caused an exodus of local talent in the last two seasons with close to 30 players from Trinidad and Tobago’s unsuccessful 2018 World Cup qualifying series now playing abroad. At present, most of the Warriors play in second and third tier competitions in the United States or more exotic locations like Honduras, El Salvador, Vietnam, Azerbaijan, Lithuania, Kazakhstan and Saudi Arabia.

Owing to the timing of Trinidad and Tobago’s clash with Guadeloupe, Lawrence expects to have only his foreign-based players on match day.

The head coach dismissed the notion that either team would be straightforward opposition.

Trinidad and Tobago have not lost to Guadeloupe since 1989 although their last two outings ended in draws in 2007 and 2008. Martinique have always offered stern tests, though, and, two years ago, the French islanders defeated the Warriors in extra-time in a result that had damaging repercussions for then coach Stephen Hart.

Lawrence, who led the Warriors to draws against Grenada and Guyana last November in Couva, suggested that his players now have to earn the right to be favourites again—no matter the opposition.

“I think if we look at it over the last few years, I don’t think there is any difference between us and a Guyana, Grenada, Guadeloupe [or] Martinique,” he said. “They are all very competitive games for us. What we need to do first and foremost is instead of talking about our superiority over them, we need to go on the football field and show our superiority over them.

“I think to play the likes of these opposition is exactly where we are at. We need to now go out and demonstrate on the football pitch that we are superior to these teams and that is the aim.”

Lawrence stressed too that the fate of the Pro League is “massively important” to the future of the National Senior Team.

“The national team is as good as your league and at the moment the Pro League, in particular, is struggling,” said the Warriors coach. “I think the Super League is a bit more stable at the moment…

“The Pro League was introduced in 1999 and […] it is no coincidence that […] we have been regularly making the Hex [since then]. It just shows the importance of the Pro League.”

Trinidad & Tobago Squad

Goalkeepers:

Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Andre Marchan (Defence Force), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic).

Defenders:

Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Alvin Jones (W Connection), Triston Hodge (W Connection), Kareem Moses (Unattached), Josiah Trimmingham (Club Sando FC).

Midfielders:

Tyrel Emmanuel (Shiva Boys Hindu College), Nathaniel Garcia (Point Fortin Civic), Rhondel Gibson (Central FC), Kevon Goddard (W Connection), Kathon St Hillaire (St Ann’s Rangers), Reon Moore (Defence Force), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force), Quinn Rodney (W Connection).

Forwards:

Akeem Roach (Unattached).

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wtykm12KSFg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wtykm12KSFg</a>

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 02:54:19 AM by Flex »

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2018, 06:53:45 PM »
Ah see we have a school boy dey, Tyrel Emmanuel. Kathon St. Hillaire there too.

Ah know he have skill and talent. . .good to graft him into the NT let's see how he perform at this level
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 06:56:41 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2018, 11:57:02 PM »
Like we carrying 2 teams, ah friendly and ah limin, or all that Staff is volunteers, guess times not as hard as i thought.   :devil: ;D

my limin team

Ross
Williams       Lawrence           Cunningham
                Lawrence (dble dose)
         Joseph            Rooplal (ah Bobby Sookram finish)
                 Dowlat (the doc have to hold down the middle)
             Piper             Isaac
                   Sterninho (yuh dun know)

Sub : Charlo (not sure bout he papers)
Coach : Charlo  (not sure bout the belly)

Add: Congratulations Coach Amwood.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2018, 02:41:45 AM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2018, 06:58:14 PM »
WATCH: ExtraTime TV’s Andre Sooklal and Kevon Campbell give their view concerning the senior team call-up of Shiva Boys’ Hindu College midfielder Tyrel “Pappy” Emmanuel

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NsoWhKrfNUA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NsoWhKrfNUA</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2018, 07:10:44 PM »
WATCH: Trinidad and Tobago Men’s Senior Team training ahead of Guadeloupe and Martinique Friendlies

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/4d-Ea70Tw6w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/4d-Ea70Tw6w</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2018, 07:15:08 PM »
WATCH: Known for his faith as well as his tenacity on the field of play, Marvin Andrews was part of this country's first ever World Cup team when the Warriors qualified for Germany 2006. Now retired and living in Scotland, the man known as "Dog" is home training with the National Team, passing on his knowledge to the next generation of national footballers.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ynH8an2upjs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ynH8an2upjs</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2018, 09:07:13 AM »
Nice squad, glad for Quinn and Emmanuel, imagine they couldn't make Latapy Under 20 team. I could understand he Under 17 team because of discipline reason.

Jaydon Prowell is another good striker coming up.

Che Benny shoulda get call up.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 09:13:39 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2018, 11:38:02 AM »
Like we carrying 2 teams, ah friendly and ah limin, or all that Staff is volunteers, guess times not as hard as i thought.   :devil: ;D

my limin team

Ross
Williams       Lawrence DOG          Cunningham
                Lawrence (dble dose)
         Joseph            Rooplal (ah Bobby Sookram finish)
                 Dowlat (the doc have to hold down the middle)
             Piper             Isaac
                   Sterninho (yuh dun know)

Sub : Charlo (not sure bout he papers)
       : Paul 'doubledose' Lawrence
Coach : Charlo  (not sure bout the belly)

Add: Congratulations Coach Amwood.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2018, 11:41:08 AM by maxg »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New boy Quinn Rodney soaks up Lawrence’s advice
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2018, 05:42:23 PM »
New boy Quinn Rodney soaks up Lawrence’s advice
TTFA Media

Newly called up member to the Trinidad and Tobago Senior Men’s Team Quinn Rodney has disclosed that he has been receiving consistent words of advice from senior team head coach Dennis Lawrence since the training camp ahead of upcoming friendlies versus Guadeloupe and Martinique commenced two weeks ago.

Rodney is currently among the players from Shiva Boys Hindu College in the provisional training squad including Judah Garcia and Tyrel Emmanuel.

According to Lawrence, Rodney had demonstrated certain qualities that he felt made the young man deserving of an opportunity to be in the National Team setup at this time.

And Rodney has spoke of his desire to live up to expectations.

“It’s been a great few days for me. It is my first time at this level and yes there is a difference with the speed of things, the fitness work and the generally how everything is done in training,” Rodney told TTFA Media. “But I’ve worked hard and I’m enjoying it. I’m picking up new things all the time and trying to include all of it into my game,” he added.

“At first it was a bit challenging because this is a much higher level to where I have played before but it’s something I’ve always wanted to do which was to get on the national team and now that I am here, my ambition is to stay in the squad or at least get more opportunities to be part of the training and keep on learning new things to improve my personal game,” Rodney said.

About his interaction with Lawrence and the rest of the technical staff, he said: “Yes they have all been very helpful. He (Lawrence) talks to me in every session and after every training as well. It’s a privilege for a player at my age to have this opportunity and I think it’s a big opportunity for any player to get here and hopefully seeing myself and the other young guys getting an opportunity will inspire other players from my age group in the country,” Rodney added.

The T&T team departs for Guadeloupe on March 20th for their friendlies against that country on March 23rd and Martinique on March 25th. T&T will also host Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium on April 17th.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SIIBI2X4kg4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SIIBI2X4kg4</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2018, 01:49:18 AM »
Levi and Joevin head nine overseas-based players in Lawrence’s 20-man Warriors squad.
By Roneil Walcott (Wired868).

Germany-based wing-back Joevin Jones and Netherlands-based winger Levi Garcia were among nine overseas-based players selected in a 20-man Trinidad and Tobago National Senior Team squad today to face Guadeloupe and Martinique on 23 and 25 March respectively.

Jones moved to German Second Division club Darmstadt 98 in January while Garcia also recently swapped teams, joining Eredivisie club Excelsior Rotterdam on loan from fellow top-flight outfit AZ Alkmaar.

The other foreign-based talent summoned by head coach Dennis Lawrence looks like this: Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC—Honduras), Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery—USA), Nathan Lewis (Indy Eleven FC—USA), Leston Paul (Pasaquina FC—El Salvador) and Mekeil Williams (Richmond Kickers—USA)

Lawrence did not have the option of using MLS attacking midfielder Kevin Molino, who was recently ruled out for the rest of the year with a torn ACL. And while noting that the loss of Molino is a big blow to the national set-up, Coach Lawrence also sees the positive side, stressing that it presents a perfect opportunity for another player to step up to the plate and show his class.

“It was a big blow for me,” Lawrence told the media, following the team’s training session at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar earlier today. “First and foremost, I’m sorry for the boy because, for the time I have worked with him, he has been first class.”

“He’s always given me everything I have asked for and he has played a key role in the games in the past,” Lawrence continued, pointing to Molino’s two goals in the 2018 CONCACAF Hexagonal campaign and his solitary item in a friendly encounter against Grenada last November.

So who will be the player to fill the void left by Molino, who started the MLS campaign with a bang by bagging a double for his Minnesota United club?

Although Lawrence declined to single out a particular player, he seemed to suggest that Jones and Garcia will be expected to shoulder more responsibility, pointing to the need for more productivity in the wide areas of the pitch.

“I hope Molino has a really, really quick and healthy, speedy recovery [but] somebody needs to come in and say ‘right! I’m going to make this position mine,’” Lawrence said. “And that’s the idea. For me, we need to get the wingers involved a little bit more so we are going to try and rely on movement in terms of that instead of one particular player because we can’t afford to just rely on one particular player.”

Seemingly shy and self-effacing, newcomer Reon Moore seems ready to don the national colours and show óff his stuff on the flanks. The 21 year-old, still to make his national debut at any level, had a sparkling end to the 2017 TT Pro League season with Defence Force and beat out healthy competition from fellow wingers Quinn Rodney and Kathon St Hillside for a place among Lawrence’s 20-man squad.

The Sangre Grande native, who is desirous of officially joining the Defence Force ranks very soon, firmly believes that his spot was earned.

“It’s a great feeling to be on the national team. It’s a great [opportunity] for me to go out and show my talent and remain on the national team,” Moore said. “No, I’m not surprised I made the national team, I know it was always going to happen. It was only a matter of time.”

Slim-built, Moore is nimble, quick and direct. And Lawrence was impressed with his confidence and work rate as well.

“Reon has done well,” Lawrence said. “He has shown a good attitude and sometimes things work in people’s favour because it would have been a tight one between him and Kathon [St Hillaire]. But then Kathon [was getting] the opportunity to go to the Czech Republic, which didn’t materialize for whatever reason. So squad selection was based around that.”

Like St Hillaire, the Shiva Boys’ Hindu College trio of Tyrel “Pappy” Emmanuel, Judah Garcia and Rodney did not make the final cut for the upcoming friendlies away to Guadeloupe and Martinique. However, Lawrence reiterated that the youngsters must keep their heads and continue to do the hard work, as he is likely to call on their services when Panama come visiting for a friendly encounter next month outside of the FIFA window.

“The boys who are not travelling are disappointed and I expect them to be disappointed,” Lawrence said. “But now it’s how they react to this disappointment to ensure they are in the next squad. Quinn and Judah were very good in the group and they integrated well.

“I am looking forward to having them being part of the Panama game but I think [the games against Guadeloupe and Martinique] were a bit too soon for them.”

In Emmanuel’s case, the 2016 Secondary Schools Football League (SSFL) MVP would hope that he can recover from a niggling groin injury to quickly enough be considered for selection when the Panama engagement rolls around.

Although Lawrence noted that the majority of his overseas-based contingent should be touching down in Trinidad on 19 March, the day before the squad jets off to Guadeloupe, the former Everton and Swansea City assistant coach revealed himself  to have been pleased to have Saudi Arabia-based Hyland present for his local sessions.

The combative midfielder, who has been one of the senior players to skipper the “Soca Warriors” under Lawrence’s flexible captaincy policy, is not understating the importance of the two upcoming matches.

“Every time you go into a game, you have to take it at a serious level,” said Hyland, who has over 60 caps for this country’s senior men’s team. “It’s important that we take every game seriously and we are disappointed, of course, that we did not make it to a World Cup. But that happens in life and we just have to keep moving on.”

Hyland noted that the technical staff has not been pushing him beyond his limits in training, as he is nearing the end of his domestic season in Saudi Arabia. However, the former KRC Genk and KVC Westerlo man is sure to be aware of how important is his contribution in the midfield engine room on 23 March, when the Warriors strive to protect their 29-year unbeaten record against Guadeloupe at senior level.

“We are going into a rebuilding stage and hopefully we can get some positive results and gel going forward,” Hyland told the media. “I have a big part to play […] and hopefully I can share my experience with them and we can gel together and make a good squad.”

Alvin Jones’ October thunderbolt which ‘denied the USA a place at the Russia 2018 World Cup is unforgettable. But the spotty performances, inclusive of costly defensive lapses in concentration and poor finishing in front of goal, which doomed Trinidad and Tobago’s own World Cup campaign are easy to forget either.

And Lawrence acknowledges that, before his team can look forward to next year’s Gold Cup and the inaugural CONCACAF Nations League where await the Confederation’s heavyweights, those key areas must be addressed.

“First and foremost, we are looking for improvement [in those two areas] because that’s where the work is needed,” Lawrence said. “The idea is to keep clean sheets because, if you keep a clean sheet, you will be coming back out with what you came with. We are going to try and make sure we are solid defensively and organize.

“And then in the front line, it’s a shame that Shahdon Winchester couldn’t make it because he just signed for a club in Azerbaijan. I think it was important that we gave him time to go in and settle because we need them to be comfortable in their environment.”

Lawrence will also be mindful that the Warriors were deprived of a qualifying spot at the 2017 Gold Cup after an extra time loss away to Martinique. It was arguably the final nail in Stephen Hart’s coach coffin. And Hart’s successor, Tom Saintfiet, subsequently failed to get Trinidad and Tobago past the Caribbean duo of Haiti and Suriname in play-off matches on home soil.

But there will be no such headaches for Lawrence and his staff; the six teams which reached the Hex in the 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign have got automatic spots at next year’s Gold Cup.

So Lawrence has the luxury of using these games as mere stepping stones long the road to the region’s showpiece event.

“All the preparations are geared towards going to this Gold Cup,” he said. “All the preparations now are geared to being much more organised and competitive for [the] Qatar 2022 [World Cup]. We are going up the ladder.

“By the time we get to the Gold Cup, we should have already played some of the more illustrious countries like people have been asking for. I feel this is the right spot for us right now but the process continues.”

The notables who will not be in the team which starts the early preparations for the 2019 Gold Cup and 2022 World Cup are Sheldon Bateau, Aubrey David, Jamille Boatswain, Jan-Michael Williams, Radanfah Abu Bakr, Kevon Villaroel, and Cordell Cato. The speedy Cato, who spent several seasons with MLS club San Jose Earthquakes, signed for United Soccer League (USL) outfit Charlotte Independence just last week. Lawrence, however, gave no reason for omitting these tried and tested Warriors.

Police FC custodian Adrian Foncette, who started in Trinidad and Tobago’s surprise 2-1 win over USA last November, is in the squad along with defenders Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force) and Alvin Jones (W Connection). There was also a recall for W Connection forward Marcus Joseph.

TTFA Board member Wayne Cunningham will travel with the squad as media officer.

(Trinidad and Tobago 20-man squad)

Goalkeepers: Adrian Foncette (Police FC), Marvin Phillip (Point Fortin Civic);

Defenders: Daneil Cyrus (Juticalpa FC—Honduras), Mekeil Williams (Richmond Kickers—USA), Curtis Gonzales (Defence Force), Alvin Jones, Triston Hodge (both W Connection), Kareem Moses (Unattached);

Midfielders: Kevan George (Charlotte Independence—USA), Neveal Hackshaw (Charleston Battery—USA), Khaleem Hyland (Al Faisaly FC—Saudi Arabia), Leston Paul (Pasaquina FC—El Salvador), Nathaniel Garcia (Point Fortin Civic), Hashim Arcia (Defence Force),

Attacking midfielders: Levi Garcia (Excelsior Rotterdam—Netherlands), Joevin Jones (Darmstadt 98—Germany), Nathan Lewis (Indy Eleven FC—USA), Reon Moore (Defence Force);

Forwards: Akeem Roach (Unattached), Marcus Joseph (W Connection).

Staff: Dennis Lawrence (head coach), Stuart Charles-Fevrier (assistant coach), Stern John (assistant coach), Ross Russell (goalkeeper coach), Israel Dowlat (team doctor), Michael Taylor (medic), Saron Joseph (trainer), Joseph Rooplal (physio), Michael Williams (equipment manager), Paul Lawrence (match analyst), Wayne Cunningham (media officer), Richard Piper (manager).

RELATED NEWS

Hyland, Jones lead T&T for friendlies.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Midfielder Khaleem Hyland of Al Faisaly in Saudi Arabia, Levi Garcia, the Excelsior Rotterdam midfielder and speedy over-lapping wing-back Joevin Jones will headline T&T's football team ahead of two international friendly matches against Guadeloupe and Martinique later this week.

The players are part of a 20-man team chosen by national coach Dennis Lawrence after a practice session at the Larry Gomes Stadium in Malabar, Arima yesterday.

Lawrence is attempting to deliver on his promise to begin preparing a team for the 2022 World Cup and beyond by maximising on the FIFA break which starts tomorrow.

Yesterday, he told reporters he will be hoping to improve on the areas that have been the team's weakest, such as defence and attack. During the recent Hex stage of the CONCACAF World Cup Qualifiers, the Soca Warriors conceded a goal in almost every game the team played and also failed to capitalise on its scoring opportunities.

Lawrence will try to improve the team's play when the Soca Warriors take on Guadeloupe on Friday, before taking on Martinique on Sunday in the capital city of Fort-de-France.

The trio is also among nine overseas based professionals on the team for what is expected to be two tough matches against teams that have proven to be difficult opponents for T&T in the past.

Two weeks ago Lawrence said his team was at a disadvantage after selecting players who were not active with their T&T Pro League clubs due to the uncertainty of the League commencing its 2018 season. Those includes schoolboys Tyrel 'Pappy' Emmanuel and Quinn Rodney from Shiva Boys Hindu College both of whom play for W Connection. The duo were dropped yesterday, but Lawrence said they are still in his development plan for the future.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 01:46:03 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2018, 06:29:12 AM »
I want Hashim Arcia fans to share what they like about the player.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:30:43 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Thread for T&T vs Guadeloupe Game (23-Mar-2018)
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2018, 12:35:22 AM »
...he will be hoping to improve on the areas that have been the team's weakest, such as defence and attack.
Buh wait...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2018, 03:50:37 AM »
...he will be hoping to improve on the areas that have been the team's weakest, such as defence and attack.
Buh wait...
:rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2018, 12:21:02 PM »
Buh wait...
:rotfl:
ent  :rotfl: ;D :D
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2018, 12:28:32 PM »
WATCH: Khaleem Hyland and newcomer Reon Moore look forward to the upcoming friendlies against Guadeloupe and Martinique.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_0UROgZpUrs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_0UROgZpUrs</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2018, 03:09:01 PM »
play de fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2018, 06:30:35 PM »
WATCH: Head Coach Dennis Lawrence talks about his squad selection for the upcoming International Friendlies against Guadeloupe and Martinique

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6LU-WifPXTo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6LU-WifPXTo</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 05:49:11 PM »
Today is the 20th. Any stream?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018, 07:16:51 PM »

Like you eh realize de date change to de 23rd? Look at de title of de thread. ;D

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 09:15:59 PM »

Like you eh realize de date change to de 23rd? Look at de title of de thread. ;D

Geez, Tallman. you slap meh hard day, man! Thanks.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2018, 07:22:53 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago warming up during their first training session in Guadeloupe.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xmkJRh-9Qz8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xmkJRh-9Qz8</a>

Levi Garcia Interview
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OECrbpZSbhc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OECrbpZSbhc</a>

Ross Russell Interviews

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/N1TrF3ysiOM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/N1TrF3ysiOM</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wCKdoxhMdOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wCKdoxhMdOA</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/DH1a1PoJigs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/DH1a1PoJigs</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2018, 08:41:10 PM »
To put it mildly, not a single goalkeeper question for Ross Russell?

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2018, 09:32:24 PM »
To put it mildly, not a single goalkeeper question for Ross Russell?
Speaking of goalkeepers I wonder why Greg wasn't selected given it's the international break window. Aren't we supposed to be building for the next campaign?

1]; } ?>