March 29, 2024, 12:22:54 AM

Poll

Can the Soca Warriors pull through the first rounds?

Yes
6 (42.9%)
No
8 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread  (Read 27897 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 CONCACAF Gold Cup Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2019, 05:55:38 PM »
The North 2 up. Haiti making mistakes. They paying for them.

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2019, 06:10:27 PM »
Haiti 🇭🇹 playing like jamaica 🇯🇲 with the amount of quality that Haiti 🇭🇹 got and playing SHIT

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2019, 06:20:09 PM »
Haiti pulled back one. Canada go and defender made a big mistake.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2019, 07:01:20 PM »
lewwe eat cobo. congratrs brothers! :beermug:

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2019, 07:25:41 PM »
Ah went in the kitchen to make some callaloo, when I come back the score was 3-2.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 29, 2019, 07:41:32 PM »
Love it! Haiti makes my Day. Im hoping for a Costa Rica miracle tonight to beat Mexico so that Haiti will face them. Having beating Costa Rica in the group stage, I wouldn't mind seeing them again.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 04:10:25 AM by truehaitian »

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2019, 07:46:44 PM »
Nice come back but I had no doubt Haiti would win even 2 goals down. A Haiti vs Jamaica in the finals may be a stretch and a bit greedy for a Caribbean-centric guy like myself. But, that would be so sweet. No matter what we do, CONCACAF has no respect for us. Even Belize is treated better than us.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2019, 10:10:21 PM »
2 Caribbean teams make it to the FINAL i don't think so concacaf wouldn't make that happen, let just say jamaica are Haiti make it to the FINAL and just say jamaica are Haiti got to play USA are Mexico to make it to the FINAL to play each other for the(GOLD MUG)i ment the gold cup 😅😅😅 and Jamaica are Haiti is leading 1 gold in the 85 minutes you don't think that the REFEREE will cheat and give them a penalty, and after that keeps giving them free kicks around the 18 yard box and eventually them are going to score one of those free kicks, that if the REFEREE don't turn around again and give them a next penalty for no reason
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 08:38:33 AM by lucky4life »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2019, 10:54:55 PM »
Nice come back but I had no doubt Haiti would win even 2 goals down. A Haiti vs Jamaica in the finals may be a stretch and a bit greedy for a Caribbean-centric guy like myself. But, that would be so sweet. No matter what we do, CONCACAF has no respect for us. Even Belize is treated better than us.
Congrats
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHpd18lqCuM

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2019, 03:06:03 AM »
That was some good Haitian voodoo Haiti put on Canada.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2019, 05:12:30 AM »

Like yuh just intend to be outta timing today.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2019, 02:04:50 PM »

Mmm...some call it good football.
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2019, 02:36:14 PM »
Jamaica are Haiti...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2019, 05:12:48 PM »
JA 1-0.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2019, 05:24:40 PM »

In the words of the great dictator, David John Williams, "That's football".
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2019, 05:36:11 PM »

Like yuh just intend to be outta timing today.
Only?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2019, 08:01:21 PM »
To see Curacao go toe to toe with the US is a sign that CFU teams are getting better. However when you juxtapose how they are playing against the US and how we played against them. It is a grim reminder of the depth of our football crisis in this country. Curacao looks well drilled and well organised. Even if they lose to the US, they equipped themselves well and represented well. TnT were a complete embarrassment to themselves and the region. Yet the president of our federation was happy with the management of the team at this Gold Cup.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2019, 08:38:41 PM »
Vote him out
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2019, 09:00:39 PM »
Meanwhile D. Lawrence say we punching above we weight and that we preparation substandard and we don't have access to good facilities.

So what facilities, Jamaica, Haiti, Curacao etc have??

I will say again. To be competitive in international football is not rocket science.

THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2019, 02:12:21 AM »
Madagascar 2 Nigeria 0 result from the African Nations Cup.Can I point out that Madagascar FIFA Rankings 2019 June is 108 India is 101,we are 92.
BTW Nigeria is 45.
Just pointing out how teams who we wouldn't dream of playing just a few years ago will soon not want to play us.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2019, 03:21:47 AM »
After watching Jamaica and curaçao today and how they fought and particularly Jamaica who played like they were playing to save themselves from capital punishment i conclude that our players deserve zero fan support. they out hustled and beat Panama to every ball and played with pride and urgency and you could see the passion for their nation written all over their faces as to say we are Jamaica.

curacao also played a very solid game. their passing was crisp and I was pleasantly surprised to see no errant passing they were compact organized and played an intelligent brand of football instead of trying to split the USA defense with constant hail marry passes like our players are branded for and sticking with that kind of mad irrational football.

it truly pains me to see our lads out there playing with no intensity and urgency while giving the ball away over and over again, these lads just don’t play for the love of country like the rest of the regional teams and they should be ashamed of themselves.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2019, 05:34:22 AM »
I feel like comparing us to Curaçao ain’t necessarily fair. Most of that team is man from Holland who playing top flight or medium flight Dutch football. They gon look better than us because they have a different caliber of player than us. Patrick Van Aanholt joining them just now as left back.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2019, 07:40:38 AM »
I feel like comparing us to Curaçao ain’t necessarily fair. Most of that team is man from Holland who playing top flight or medium flight Dutch football. They gon look better than us because they have a different caliber of player than us. Patrick Van Aanholt joining them just now as left back.

Well it shows we have to look at players and change this coach ....DL i am sure is not looking at anyone
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2019, 07:53:07 AM »

I respectfully beg to differ and think its a disservice to Curacao. Of the starting lineup 5 were born in Curacao and 6 born in Holland. I lived in Curacao for almost two years, many regular women used to go to Holland to have their children and come right back to Curacao after being discharged from hospital so simply having place of birth as Holland may only tell half the story. In any event, Trinidad now seems to have an agenda of freezing out foreign born players, so that's on us for not capitalising on all the resources at our disposal. Pro league local born players who have not played a competitive league match for the year starting over foreign born who have actually played for the season.

Dennis Lawrence saying we are punching above our weight. What will he say for Curacao? Their population is 160,000. When I played there in 2005, they had 1 field with grass, their national stadium. Its a very, very dry place with very little rainfall. I'm just tired of the excuses DL and DJW come up with.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 07:55:01 AM by Jayerson »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2019, 08:56:10 AM »
Vote him out
Our faith lies in the members who can actually vote and I'm not optimistic. The home of football will have its grand opening before elections and they will be amused at how this will magically change our programs around and forget everything that went on during the past four years.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2019, 11:16:40 AM »

Well it shows we have to look at players and change this coach ....DL i am sure is not looking at anyone
i tend to agree. I guess I wasn’t paying attention when people were complaining about him not liking foreign born players but now my eyes were opened when he purposefully ignored Ranjitsingh whom I’m sure is just as good as jack stefan if not better, to play of all people marvin phillip, you guys have no idea how that action disturbed me. it was just so unnecessary and blatantly disrespectful to the players. I am very sure half this team must have felt the same and don’t really want to play for lawrence anymore.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:24:53 AM by pull stones »

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 01, 2019, 11:22:17 AM »
Meanwhile D. Lawrence say we punching above we weight and that we preparation substandard and we don't have access to good facilities.

So what facilities, Jamaica, Haiti, Curacao etc have??

I will say again. To be competitive in international football is not rocket science.
that is the statement that made me lose all respect for him. he aught to be ashamed of himself talking that kind of irrational defeatist nonsense, it’s a cop out and he should not be allowed to get away with it especially in the media, then again it’s trinidad we talking about where nothing matters including life and limb, not to mention sports.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 11:26:36 AM by pull stones »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 01, 2019, 12:10:22 PM »

That is such a bullshit dishonest statement. Like de man is a spin doctor now.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 01, 2019, 12:21:51 PM »
Conversation with meh Jamaican partner (just to put things into perspective)

Yardie: "where uno find dat coach? Em cyah teach de bwoy dem tuh square de ball and cross the miggle line"

Me: that coach is we national hero.. you remember he score the goal to put we in the World cup

Yardie: fuh real.. em betta quit. Mi memba him for 6 luv now..

Choosing a national hero to drag the mens national team down was critically thought. Makes me question how manipulative DJW is. This might explain how DJW can come out and praise the performance at the Gold cup.

Now DL is blaming the facilities. .
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 12:23:41 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 01, 2019, 02:02:15 PM »
Conversation with meh Jamaican partner (just to put things into perspective)

Yardie: "where uno find dat coach? Em cyah teach de bwoy dem tuh square de ball and cross the miggle line"

Me: that coach is we national hero.. you remember he score the goal to put we in the World cup

Yardie: fuh real.. em betta quit. Mi memba him for 6 luv now..

Choosing a national hero to drag the mens national team down was critically thought. Makes me question how manipulative DJW is. This might explain how DJW can come out and praise the performance at the Gold cup.

Now DL is blaming the facilities. .
Since we get that 6 I still ducking my yardie partner on work. I know he'll ask what going on with my team and I fed up answer that question.

1]; } ?>